3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ThirteenAG

Project2DFX

stef_92

I have a problem when using Project2DFX with the Xbox Version HD Mod. When I play the game for a while it becomes buggy, some textures and models won't load, also when I exit to the main menu it all becomes white and after this point the game just exits or goes black (and I have to kill it). I guess I'm reaching some kind of memory limit. Is there a way to fix this?

santosvagos

you need to use some kind of steam memory fix . I think 
For me i use Fastman limit adjuster to adjust the steam memory 

stef_92

Can't I use the open limit adjuster that comes with this mod?

santosvagos

yes

TJGM
6 hours ago, stef_92 said:

I have a problem when using Project2DFX with the Xbox Version HD Mod. When I play the game for a while it becomes buggy, some textures and models won't load, also when I exit to the main menu it all becomes white and after this point the game just exits or goes black (and I have to kill it). I guess I'm reaching some kind of memory limit. Is there a way to fix this?

This isn't the stream memory limit. I actually think this is caused by mod loader (happens to me on Vice City and San Andreas), although I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by TJGM

stef_92

I highly doubt that mod loader is the problem since my modloader folder is empty and also everything is fine as soon as I remove Project 2DFX but I'll give it a try.

Edited by stef_92

firedihm

Maybe thats because of draw distance? Try to install 2DFX but change some settings in IDETweak tab in the .ini file

kolyaby

You play in a samp, and the game crashes, as for me it's better to have cleo drawing, well, if I could bring this mod to my mind. Well, he is very raw. I do not want to get involved with this hemorrhoids, I have the last asi loader, cleo 4.1. Cleo 4.3 set did not help. Better cleo drawing. 

Screens cleo and 2dfx - https://prnt.sc/l8khsj

Edited by kolyaby

Soul_Hunter

The Memory 8GB.cs helped me with blank lods, textures and models on the distance.

Edited by Soul_Hunter

ChengizVlad09

Hm, I know it's a long shot, and according to little what I know in regards to the given matter, I'm almost certain it's not possible, heck, I can only hope someone will understand this gibberish of mine , but nevertheless I'm interested to know is there a way to increase the draw distance on the ground in SA but still keep the distance fog?

I know it sounds contradictory, but I really like how world is perceived when distance fog is present, at least objects that are still visible through it, there's really an artistic feel to all that. On the other hand I'd like to harness some of the advantages of increased DD and still keep the default amount of distance fog.

So in short, is there anything that can be done to emphasize distant objects that at the moment of viewing cannot be seen, but still keep the exact amount of distance fog (All of the above is related to SA and I use only few mods besides LODLights and Limit Adjuster, there's SkyGFX and couple of additional PEDs, not counting mandatory CLEO and Silent Patch or similar)?

PS: I've played with every option there is in LODLights ini, especially tied to DD and all I can do is to 'kill' closer regions of distance fog in order to gain more out of draw distance, no mater how slightly I increase the draw distance.

Sorry for this essay.

Edited by ChengizVlad09

LaDiDa

Very much possible, disable the drawdistance changer and only use the multiplier or drawdistance numbers at the bottom of the .ini.

ChengizVlad09
On 11/28/2018 at 5:17 PM, LaDiDa said:

Very much possible, disable the drawdistance changer and only use the multiplier or drawdistance numbers at the bottom of the .ini.

As always thanks for the swift reply LaDiDa, sorry I didn't notice it earlier. Indeed, that helps a lot and I tried it already, the results are amazing, it just bugs me that I cannot find the ideal combination of DD, Distance fog and Lighting.

For example, furthest I would go with DD is to see LS skyscrapers from Ganton, but that kills off the Distance fog to a great extent. Messing around too much with these parameters seems to literally erase the SkyGFX PS2 Sun effect and even worse, trying to adjust the Sun Size never seems to reverse it back in the right amount. At least with draw distance changer at the top of the .ini.

I will push everything to the max in regards to the parameters at the bottom of the .ini, that I still haven't tried, and see if that will give me the desired results, if not, no big deal, it is already pretty close to being perfect with all the mods I use.

Anyway, I cannot be more grateful to the entire community for making all this possible, I mean I'm a huge sucker for PS2 looks, but having some more improved things and features, like p2dfx makes it even more appealing.

LaDiDa

You may just want to edit the drawdistance from within the timecyc.dat and adjust the fog start distance in there as well (probably set it somewhere negative or something). That way you might get the fog just close enough to your liking. The sun however isn't possible to accurately match with a higher drawdistance.

Also use the PS2 seabed.ipl for enhanced fog (the drawdistance going really low will be countered by P2dfx anyway).

ChengizVlad09
22 hours ago, LaDiDa said:

You may just want to edit the drawdistance from within the timecyc.dat and adjust the fog start distance in there as well (probably set it somewhere negative or something). That way you might get the fog just close enough to your liking. The sun however isn't possible to accurately match with a higher drawdistance.

Also use the PS2 seabed.ipl for enhanced fog (the drawdistance going really low will be countered by P2dfx anyway).

I thought about doing exactly what you said, but man, timecyc.dat is like reading hieroglyphics for me, lol, and it's way too messy. I mean I somewhat understand what needs to be done, but it seems like too much trial and error, assuming I would have to set distance fog for every single weather pattern? I think I actually tried that through the Fastmans timecyc editor and results were kinda unsatisfactory. Anyway, as always, thanks so much for being helpful, it's appreciated!

Edited by ChengizVlad09

SilverRST
15 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

I thought about doing exactly what you said, but man, timecyc.dat is like reading hieroglyphics for me, lol, and it's way too messy. I mean I somewhat understand what needs to be done, but it seems like too much trial and error, assuming I would have to set distance fog for every single weather pattern? I think I actually tried that through the Fastmans timecyc editor and results were kinda unsatisfactory. Anyway, as always, thanks so much for being helpful, it's appreciated!

Have you also tried this?:

ChengizVlad09
20 minutes ago, SilverRST said:

Have you also tried this?:

I've seen it yeah, but haven't tried it yet, will definitely give it a try!

Edit: Lol, my defender discovered a virus threat in moonloader, so that's that :) 

Zpevdo.A Trojan

Edited by ChengizVlad09

SilverRST
1 hour ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

I've seen it yeah, but haven't tried it yet, will definitely give it a try!

Edit: Lol, my defender discovered a virus threat in moonloader, so that's that :) 

Zpevdo.A Trojan

False alarm lol. I don't have that with Malwarebytes.

ChengizVlad09

It's the first time that this happened while trying to download anything on GTAF and like anyone I've downloaded tons of stuff and never had any problem with downloads here until now. I've tried to download it again in the meantime and I received the same threat info msg. Agh, never mind, thanks for your help in any case, I guess I can't have it all in the end, both fog and increased dd. I went with the fog in the end, and honestly in some regions of the map DD even looks increased without sacrifising the fog, so I'm good! Thanks anyway! 

Paisan™

As I move/drive around, textures disappear right in front of me. Mainly trees. Fix?

spartaque12
15 hours ago, Paisan™ said:

As I move/drive around, textures disappear right in front of me. Mainly trees. Fix?

VegetationDrawDistance LodLights.ini

Paisan™
3 hours ago, spartaque12 said:

VegetationDrawDistance LodLights.ini

I looked, there is no such thing.

Mysterdogg
38 minutes ago, Paisan™ said:

I looked, there is no such thing.

Open the "SALodLights" INI file, look for the "[IDETweaker]" section & then look for the "VegetationDrawDistance" value. It's set on "800.0" by default. That's a proper guide to solve a problem;) be sure to have Silentpatch too. By the way, I'm just assuming that your issue is on GTA SA so let me know if I'm wrong.

Paisan™

No, GTA 3. Sorry for not clarifying, for some reason I thought this thread was 3 only 😂

Mysterdogg

Well, @Paisan™, now knowing it's in III, I was just checking the INI file and all I can find related to draw distance are these values:

[DrawDistanceChanger]

Enable = 1
MinDrawDistanceOnTheGround = 800.0
Factor1 = 8.0
Factor2 = 3.0

[AdaptiveDrawDistance]

Enable = 0
MinFPSValue = 30
MaxFPSValue = 55
MaxPossibleDrawDistance = 5000.0

[DistanceLimits]

DrawDistance = 5.0
MaxDrawDistanceForNormalObjects = 0.0
PreloadLODs = 1 

Since I don't have III I can't say which are the values to fix your issue but I doubt that this mod is causing it, have you tested the game without it? anyways, check if your values are different from the default ones and make some small changes testing them one by one, I would suggest you enable the "AdaptiveDrawDistance" & change the "DrawDistance" value to a lower number perhaps, you're probably reaching the limits and the missing textures is how to game it's informing you.

Edited by Mysterdogg

Paisan™
41 minutes ago, Mysterdogg said:

have you tested the game without it?

Yeah, that's how I know it's the mod causing the issue, because it doesn't happen when I remove 2DFX. I have changed those values numerous times in the past, to the default and to my own custom values. Nothing works. I wonder if using game version 1.1 would fix the issue...

Edited by Paisan™

(Ambient)

I have a problem with colorful coronas. I use the 1.0 version of the game and I run it on Win10 x64.

z6jWqjt.jpg

Hn3iHD4.jpg

4Arty
13 minutes ago, (Ambient) said:

I have a problem with colorful coronas. I use the 1.0 version of the game and I run it on Win10 x64.

z6jWqjt.jpg

Hn3iHD4.jpg

Disable "festifal lights" line

(Ambient)

@4Arty lol, I thought it's a bug, not a feature.

ChengizVlad09

Good god, I've asked this question everywhere on the forums, except where I should have, here. Nevertheless, I'll excuse in advance for bothering, but here's what I would like to know and hopefully someone can guide me a bit:

I want to edit Ryder's house lighting to look like this:

wy9ibJx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

It currently looks like this:

RT2C27w_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

(Sometimes in this particular scene - Ryder mission - light would appear to be off and and in the next few frames it would be on, even though it is definitely night cycle, so all lights are supposed to be on)

I've found - in a strangest of ways, but that's a whole 'nother story - that 'Festive Lights' can change the light colors, but of course, turning them on would change them randomly all around the city and not only that but despite changing the color of the light source, cast light would stay the same; e.g, purple street lamp would still cast orange light beneath.

If someone knows how would I be able to change light colors, their sources and as well light they cast in regards to specific light source - not all light sources by turning on the Festive Lights - and if that's not something you would lose your whole afternoon explaining and typing I'd be grateful.

Cheers!

Edited by ChengizVlad09

SilverRST
7 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

Good god, I've asked this question everywhere on the forums, except where I should have, here. Nevertheless, I'll excuse in advance for bothering, but here's what I would like to know and hopefully someone can guide me a bit:

I want to edit Ryder's house lighting to look like this:

wy9ibJx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

It currently looks like this:

RT2C27w_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

(Sometimes in this particular scene - Ryder mission - light would appear to be off and and in the next few frames it would be on, even though it is definitely night cycle, so all lights are supposed to be on)

I've found - in a strangest of ways, but that's a whole 'nother story - that 'Festive Lights' can change the light colors, but of course, turning them on would change them randomly all around the city and not only that but despite changing the color of the light source, cast light would stay the same; e.g, purple street lamp would still cast orange light beneath.

If someone knows how would I be able to change light colors, their sources and as well light they cast in regards to specific light source - not all light sources by turning on the Festive Lights - and if that's not something you would lose your whole afternoon explaining and typing I'd be grateful.

Cheers!

Excuse me for short reply, (I hate typing on the mobile phone) but the first screenshot, is that from PS2?