3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

American Horror Story

meta187

I just started watching AHS on Netflix last week! I'm almost finished with season 3! Friends kept recommending this show to me and I kept passing it up, thinking it was going to be some teen horror version of Beverly Hills 90120. Boy was I wrong! This show is so uniquely crafted with an excellent cast, I'm so glad I took a chance on it. I love Jessica Lange, she is the 'cake' of the show. I don't care what they do as long as she is still in the show. Frances Conroy and Zachary Quinto put the icing on the cake. I'm guessing I'm going to have catch season 4 online.

I fell behind as well, I just forgot completely. I was enjoying this season too, but I don't remember what episode I left off. Blargh....

• 9 months later...

I'm disappointed that I only just started watching this series. I started off with season 3, coven. Totally right up my alley. I loved it and marathoned it in one day lol. I'm going backward onto season 2 now.. but I found the first episode boring. Hopefully it gets better.

I haven't cringed while watching a show in a while so,

the tweaker getting raped by the skin bag with his strap-on metal spiraling cone fixed that situation for me.

This season looks like it'll have some of the most brutal scenes, at least for cable TV.

Edited by DOOM!

the tweaker getting raped by the skin bag with his strap-on metal spiraling cone fixed that situation for me.

This season looks like it'll have some of the most brutal scenes, at least for cable TV.

Mmmm let me see, getting raped in the ass while on heroin. An other guy get his tongue and eyes cut out while he's still inside his death lover and being still alive And plenty other brutal deaths. And oh yeah weird freaky sh*t happens all the time. I don't know yet where this is going but i'm hooked.

Edited by Dutch Psycho

Mmmm let me see, getting raped in the ass while on heroin. An other guy get his tongue and eyes cut out while he's still inside his death lover and being still alive And plenty other brutal deaths. And oh yeah weird freaky sh*t happens all the time. I don't know yet where this is going but i'm hooked.

not only did he have his tounge and eyes ripped out, but looks like the mistress died from the metal pipe or spear that went through her heart and into the dudes neck and to top it off they used glue for lube, to ensure they'd be stuck together.. good f*cking god.

Edited by DOOM!
  • 8 months later...

I'm bringing this topic back only because the Season 6 date was announced a little while ago. So far they've given no clues on what this new season's theme is going to be, but I'll be happy as long as Evan Peters has a main role.

I just finished Asylum and imo it's the scariest of all the seasons. Freak Show's only scary aspect was the deranged clown but other than that the other seasons have been thrillers at the most.

I stopped watching "Hotel" cold after the first couple episodes.

Too much music video for my liking.

you missed out.. Lady Gaga absolutely killed it and it was surprisingly good. I thought Hotel was pretty good, the Halloween episode was fan f*cking tastic.

I hope they keep hush hush until the season premier.

• 3 weeks later...

There was an article floating around that spread a rumor that s6 was titled "Forest." I think one of the producers dismissed it though.

Teasers so far certainly give a creepy vibe. Most probably not gonna happen but I'd like to see a haunted boarding school season.

ArrestedDuringHaircut

The first season was pretty terrible and I haven't bothered to watch any of this show until the current season started, I decided to give the series another try because I have an interest in sideshow acts. So far I'm enjoying Freakshow quite a bit. =)

Thank you

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

This is quite different from previous seasons. It will be interesting to see if the narrative changes from a documentary to something else.

My lady wasn't impressed, but I actually liked it. It's just something fresh from the writers of this series. This might feel like a cheesy "reality" paranormal ghost tv show, but they have the right writers and actors for it.... in other words I'm being optimistic.

Edited by DOOM!

So is Sarah Paulson and Cuba Gooding Jr playing themselves acting in the dramatizations?

Edit: anyway, I like it. Anything is better than that emo music video bullsh*t from last season.

Edited by darthYENIK

No one really knows who their characters are. I've read rumors that Sarah and Cuba are the actual people and the people talking about the events are actors... with Sarah and Cuba dying at the end. (but the "dramatic re enactment" it shows during the first scene with Cuba and Sarah kinda shoots down that theory)

I think we will get a good twist, but I also think that the narrative will change as we get further into the season, ala we see the people telling the story living in current time.

Edited by DOOM!

Some scenes were so Blair Witch. Season premiere wasn't out there compared to the last, which IMO is a good thing. And Cuban Gooding jr just gets more handsome with age. 😶

Edited by Candy Suxxx

I thought it was weird. It was definitely refreshing, but I'm still not quite sure if I like it. I'll definitely keep watching though. Where tf is Evan!!!!

It's great.

I think they still haven't really shown the true nature of the story. They want us to think we know what this story is about, but it's going to be something completely different, or what I theorize...

It's going to have links to previous stories in more of a direct way.

Or at least I think that would be cool.

Just caught up with the first two episodes last night, ooooh yes it is spooky. I really like this year's format, even though it's the usual "what the f*ck is actually going on?" at first, it looks like it's going to take a few twists and introduce a lot more horrors, and it'll be interesting to see who the other actors are going to turn up as. Lady Gaga in the opening episode was a "blink and you'll miss it" moment.

I'm not really bothered if it all links together really, yeah it'd be cool to see how the universes connect, but the one thing that has kept it going is obviously that it's a majorly different theme each season, so other than it being nice little throwbacks to past years it doesn't achieve that much overall for me personally, depending how well it is done of course.

I'm not sold on this season's format yet. I generally avoid that style of show on the pseudo-educational cable networks but if they can do something original with the Amityville/Blair Witchy theme, I'll give it another ep or two to develop. It's all just so horribly cliche at this point and it's had me wondering why I was spending my time watching it. I really enjoyed the Asylum, Freakshow and Hotel seasons. They felt a lot more original than this.

Coming from someone who has watched this show since season 1 (Autumn 2011), I can tell anyone the style is very similar to American Horror Story: Murder House.

And because season 1 is my favorite, I really like the fact that they went back to a house as a setting. It's simply creepy at its best, whereas other seasons were just over the top gore and were going for the "shock" factor.

I guess the jumpy bits are kinda cliché but at the same time Hotel didn't really have any direction, it was really slow in parts even though the acting was good, it was just like they threw all sorts of myths and legends in there and hoped for the best. Asylum has been my favourite so far, but even that started to get a little weird towards the end with the alien abductions, so this season seems more stripped back to how it was in season 1 with a traditional spooky ghost tale and I think how they are using the actors playing each other is pretty clever even if not an original format.

There is probably a major twist coming, but I can't put my finger on what it might be just yet, so it officially has me intrigued.

• Like 2

I guess the jumpy bits are kinda cliché but at the same time Hotel didn't really have any direction, it was really slow in parts even though the acting was good, it was just like they threw all sorts of myths and legends in there and hoped for the best. Asylum has been my favourite so far, but even that started to get a little weird towards the end with the alien abductions, so this season seems more stripped back to how it was in season 1 with a traditional spooky ghost tale and I think how they are using the actors playing each other is pretty clever even if not an original format.

There is probably a major twist coming, but I can't put my finger on what it might be just yet, so it officially has me intrigued.

I wasn't a huge fan of Hotel, it felt dragged out. I wasn't crazy about the torture scenes, the heroin usage, suicide scenes, etc. It was just plain depressing for me. After about 9 episodes, I felt as if the story had been done justice and should have been left on a high note. The acting was good (as you said), the art direction was all there, it was just some of the minor things that ruined it for me.

I feel like one of the very few who enjoyed the sh*t out of Hotel. Lady GaGa blew me away with her acting, and each episode kept me hook. The Halloween episode was on par with previous Halloween episodes, and I never felt disjointed from the story. Granted there was a sh*t load of characters and sometimes it took a few episodes to get to a point, it was enjoyable for me never the less.

I've been reading a lot of rumors and theories on this season, and no one really has an idea of what is going to happen. Apparently episode 6 is when sh*t gets real, so like I've predicted before, I think the narrative is going to change from a documentary to what we normally see from AHS.... and hopefully that comes with a proper intro.

Salty as f*ck they don't have a intro.