Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,214 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Swc20

GTA IV Missing Textures

Question

Swc20

Tear members and admins.

I have read about this problem everywhere and most people have this problem on "normal" computers and there are many different solutions. Either of those solutions does work on my computer that I bought last day.

My Coputer Specs:

GPU: Geforce GTX 770

CPU: Intel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

RAM: 16 GB

I have only installed very view mods.

Scripts:

• LCPDFR (Latest version)
  • ELS v.7
  • FuelScript v.2

Cars:

5 Different police cars

• Police 2003 Chevrolet Impala
  • Dodge Caravan U.S Marshals (by PoliceWag)
  • NYPD Dodge Charger
  • Dodge Charger (by Lex91)
  • Dodge Caravan Police (by Lt. Caine)

The problem starts actually when I become a police officer in-game and sometimes when I am in duty as police officer. Sometimes whole map disappears while sometimes only buildings disappears.

In some forums they say that it can be because of the mod, that it could be high-polly.

Things I have tried out:

• Used "commandline.txt" with different commands
  • Installed mods one by one, to see what could cause it
  • Re-installed the game
  • Re-installed graphic card drivers
  • Played with graphic settings (from low to high)

Non of these things I tried out gave me some good result. It is still the same.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

What can I do now? Do I have to accept that I cannot play GTA IV with mods?

23 answers to this question

Alihunter
Tear members and admins.

I have read about this problem everywhere and most people have this problem on "normal" computers and there are many different solutions. Either of those solutions does work on my computer that I bought last day.

My Coputer Specs:

GPU: Geforce GTX 770

CPU: Intel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Scripts:

• ELS v.7
  • FuelScript v.2
Cars:

5 Different police cars

• NYPD Dodge Charger
The problem starts actually when I become a police officer in-game and sometimes when I am in duty as police officer. Sometimes whole map disappears while sometimes only buildings disappears.

In some forums they say that it can be because of the mod, that it could be high-polly.

Things I have tried out:

• Re-installed the game

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

download an asi loader(xliveless)and then this http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?d...le&id=37248&t=1 .then,extract them to your game,s root(where exe and folder of game located).

HOPE TI HELPS!!!!!!!!!! smile.gifsmile.gif

Swc20

download an asi loader(xliveless)and then this http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?d...le&id=37248&t=1 .then,extract them to your game,s root(where exe and folder of game located).

HOPE TI HELPS!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif  smile.gif

Than you fo the tips! But it did not work. I have a bad feeling that it could depend on high polly car. How do I know if the car is high polly?

[uPDATE]

Than you fo the tips! But it did not work. I have a bad feeling that it could depend on high polly car. How do I know if the car is high polly?

What settings do you recommend to have in commandline.txt?

I added these lines and directly I got the texture issue when I start the game.

• -nomemrestrict
  • -norestrictions
Edited by Swc20

Alihunter

HOW MUCH VISUAL RAM DO YOU HAVE??

then,sorry for that link! the new site is:go to www.gtainside.com then go to (Download Search)then search for TrafficLoad then second link is what you need.!

Edited by Alihunter

Swc20

then,sorry for that link! the new site is:go to www.gtainside.com then go to (Download Search)then search for TrafficLoad then second link is what you need.!

1. How can I see how much visual ram I have?

2. I have already downloaded the "TrafficLoad" and the taxi bug is still there.

Alihunter

1. How can I see how much visual ram I have?

2. I have already downloaded the "TrafficLoad" and the taxi bug is still there.

soo,have you asi loader?(xlive less or dsound.dll)

where you extracted the file i told you??

and,if your os were xp and 7,i can told you.but i dont try windows 8 untill now!!!!

search it in google and pm me!

Edited by Alihunter

Swc20

So! Somehow I did solve it. I downloaded the ASI loader pack from original site and installed it. In-game in graphic settings I clicked on "Auto Configure" and it somehow solved my disappearing texture issue. This even means that I cannot install high-poly cars (detailed cars) otherwise my game crashes or textures disappears again. This is very strange because I have very powerful computer and it should not happen. Maybe it's true what I have read in any other forums that GTA IV-Series is not made for PC because of its bugs.

This is the solution that worked for me:

• 1. Uninstall all mods and scripts.

2. Download & install ASI Loader.

3. Now you can install your scripts

4. Now install your mods (cars etc.). I recommend you to install low-poly cars.

5. In-game go to graphic settings and click on "Auto Configure"

6. Enjoy your game! tounge.gif

Alihunter
So! Somehow I did solve it. I downloaded the ASI loader pack from original site and installed it. In-game in graphic settings I clicked on "Auto Configure" and it somehow solved my disappearing texture issue. This even means that I cannot install high-poly cars (detailed cars) otherwise my game crashes or textures disappears again. This is very strange because I have very powerful computer and it should not happen. Maybe it's true what I have read in any other forums that GTA IV-Series is not made for PC because of its bugs.

man!!!have you try what i told you!!!even one time??(see my new files in new post)

Swc20

man!!!have you try what i told you!!!even one time??(see my new files in new post)

Hi! I tried it with Trafficload and Xliveless but did not work. Even Taxi problem is still there (I am using TrafficLoader).

Alihunter

Hi! I tried it with Trafficload and Xliveless but did not work. Even Taxi problem is still there (I am using TrafficLoader).

try this:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/PNI6NdAb/Install.html

Swc20

try this:

Thanx for the tips! I tried it out and t worked. The only problem now is that there is a lot of car accidents. But it doesn't bother me so much, it's doing the gameplay much better.

Alihunter

try this:

Thanx for the tips! I tried it out and t worked. The only problem now is that there is a lot of car accidents. But it doesn't bother me so much, it's doing the gameplay much better.

youre welcome.but for fixing that,try search for STEAM.ini in game root folder.in search result,must be 2 files.open them and lower the memory,vehicles of them.

HOPPEE IT HELPSS!!!!

zdanman

there is no steam.ini file

anyway I am having this texture disappearing problem aswell. yes i have the following mods...

TrafficLoader
First Person View
Many car mods

I have an i7 2600k for a CPU with a GTX 770 for a GPU with 4GB of dedicated video memory (8 GB total card memory) plus 8 GB ram. According to the GPU monitor gta4 only ends up using 1.2 GB worth even though according to the gta4 graphics tab it says it has detected 4GB. The weird thing is even though it says 780 MB / 4202 MB it still has the orange text saying I "have exceeded your video cards ability".

My commandline.txt reads

-nomemrestrict
-norestrictions

This game is horribly constructed. It is obviously not using the full capabilities of my card and therefore causing me to run the game like im on a console with low graphics settings. whats the point of buying the pc version if u cant use the full potential of ur pc?

I also get constant never ending loading screens when transitioning from a cut-out scene back to the game.

GTAIV2014-06-26%2017-27-44-85.jpg

Edited by zdanman

Alihunter

there is no steam.ini file

anyway I am having this texture disappearing problem aswell. yes i have the following mods...

TrafficLoader

First Person View

Many car mods

I have an i7 2600k for a CPU with a GTX 770 for a GPU with 4GB of dedicated video memory (8 GB total card memory) plus 8 GB ram. According to the GPU monitor gta4 only ends up using 1.2 GB worth even though according to the gta4 graphics tab it says it has detected 4GB. The weird thing is even though it says 780 MB / 4202 MB it still has the orange text saying I "have exceeded your video cards ability".

My commandline.txt reads

-nomemrestrict

-norestrictions

This game is horribly constructed. It is obviously not using the full capabilities of my card and therefore causing me to run the game like im on a console with low graphics settings. whats the point of buying the pc version if u cant use the full potential of ur pc?

I also get constant never ending loading screens when transitioning from a cut-out scene back to the game.

Do as i said above.d other

reinstall the game

install patch 1.0.4.0

install my traffic-fix and other files

and then,install mods one per one

also,you should delete traffic loader.

it will solve your problem.

also,when you install thing i said,there will be 2 steam.ini in your game.

Edited by Alihunter

zdanman

I will do. I have steam so I have version 1.0.7.0 - does that make a difference?

And also should I change "-availablevidmem 2.0" to "-availablevidmem 6.0" in commandline.txt since I have literally 4 GB of dedicated video memory?

Also, curious how did the xlive.dll go from 14.2 MB to 80 KB? What does the new one do?

Also, its stream.ini

Thank you for your help. I will try the files.

UPDATE: had to do without the new xlive.dll - all my saves disappeared. still testing......

Edited by zdanman

zdanman

So far it is working and I didn't have to reinstall the whole game or mods or anything.

Just downloaded what Alihunter gave me (http://www.4shared.com/rar/PNI6NdAb/Install.html), didn't use his xlive.dll, removed the old TrafficLoad i was using, and whala the textures seem to be holding - so far so good!!! great job Alihunter - you... are... the freaking man!!! This solution needs to be globalized as it is just an epic game experience completely modded and working.

Edited by zdanman

Alihunter

Youre welcome,Mate! ;)

TLFdjobaw

thanks :^: , that worked for me.. I only use your commandline.txt and stream.ini

now I can go anywhere with some hogh poly vehicles without missing textures problem ;)

Alihunter

Your Welcome!

Maniel-PC

Tear members and admins.

My Coputer Specs:

QUOTE GPU: Geforce GTX 770

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Scripts:

• ELS v.7
  • FuelScript v.2

Cars:

5 Different police cars

• NYPD Dodge Charger

Things I have tried out:

• Re-installed the game

GTA3.jpgeflc2011112716582590.jpggtaiv2008-12-0512-27-47-27.jpg

Download This

And I'm sure it will fix like mine..... And If U are interested in beautiful cars pack for GTAIV download this

jpm1

yeah pls reupload da cr%£ again . i'd to give this a try

Red Hat

For mission textures/low vRAM being shown in settings, you might have to do these steps.

Phyiscal copy:

Make a file in GTA IV's directory using notepad, and name it "commandline.txt" (without the quotes).

And copy paste these codes into the file you made.

-nomemrestrict -norestrictions -novblank -percentvidmem -availablevidmem 10

Steam copy:

Open up Steam --> Go to Library --> Right click on Grand Theft Auto IV --> Click on properties --> Click on 'Set launch options' and copy paste the codes I posted above in the box.

That's pretty much everything you can do. I don't think the user Alihunter would be coming back anytime soon to re-upload his commandline.txt, judging by his last seen date.

sivispacem

Let's try and avoid bumping dead threads.