GTAForums Interactive Video Tutorial

Vercetti42

After 2 days of hard work, I managed to make this quick short tuts for the newbie GTAF member. It covers all the basics and it should be able to help newbies for some time until they get time to read miro's newbie guide. Plus a video tutorial makes it easier to understand, enjoy:

Yes there are some mistakes but hey it's my first youtube video open up a song in another tab and listen since I did not add a song to the video:

Part 2 BB codes is coming next week:

Turn Captions ON for sub-titles and watch in HD:

Part 2: BB Codes.

Edited by AceKingston

I have moved to a new account.

Nice idea, making a video equivalent to Miro's guide could do wonders for people who much prefer to watch than read.

But if i had to make some constructive criticism it would be this:

Background noise.

The background sound is a bit annoying, and adds nothing to the video. My suggestion would be either upload it with no audio, which you can easily do on most video editing programme's, or commentate on it instead of using captions. Or you could add music over the top if you don't like your voice, but pick something that is suitable and the viewer wouldn't mind listening too. As this is a GTA Forum and the video is for all of us, I would say some form of GTA theme music would be suitable.

Just my two cents, looking forward to seeing this develop icon14.gif

SIG-2.jpg

Nice idea, making a video equivalent to Miro's guide could do wonders for people who much prefer to watch than read.

Background noise.

The background sound is a bit annoying, and adds nothing to the video. My suggestion would be either upload it with no audio, which you can easily do on most video editing programme's, or commentate on it instead of using captions. Or you could add music over the top if you don't like your voice, but pick something that is suitable and the viewer wouldn't mind listening too. As this is a GTA Forum and the video is for all of us, I would say some form of GTA theme music would be suitable.

Just my two cents, looking forward to seeing this develop icon14.gif

Problem is I don't know how to add a GTA Theme song, I can only select from the Youtube song list, any help on how to add appreciated, thanks. smile.gif

Background noise.

Just my two cents, looking forward to seeing this develop  icon14.gif

Problem is I don't know how to add a GTA Theme song, I can only select from the Youtube song list, any help on how to add appreciated, thanks. smile.gif

Download a song from TPB or YouTube and convert it to .mp3 then put the video you made into Windows Movie Maker then put the music in the audio bar underneath where the video is on the timeline and then render it as a .mp4 and hey presto!

Nice work, there. But you could have contacted miromiro and ask for this to be added to his guide. Just a suggestion, though smile.gif

I would like it listed step-by-step.

1 dislike, meh, had to happen.

E:@Frenzzy: I'm pretty sure that miro will see this, he lurks gen-chat often.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post guys, but Part 2 BB Codes is up!

Too much time on your hands lol it's much easier reading it then you can copy the codes over for testing.

user posted image
You're making me angry..You won't like me when I'm Angry!

Too much time on your hands lol it's much easier reading it then you can copy the codes over for testing.

What does that mean?

What does that mean?

It means what it means, yea good job on making a manual to some codes. There isn't that many to begin with, just seems empty and a lot of mouse hovering. Maybe subtile it better ingergrate it into the video it self.

user posted image
You're making me angry..You won't like me when I'm Angry!

AceK's password has 12 letters in it, I wonder what it could be!

good job dude.

What does that mean?

It means what it means, yea good job on making a manual to some codes. There isn't that many to begin with, just seems empty and a lot of mouse hovering. Maybe subtile it better ingergrate it into the video it self.

Adding subtitles takes a long time so I didn't do it this time.

@Ace: Thanks. sneaky2.gif

Something you don’t see a lot is a video about the forums. Good job, dude and great contribution to the forum.

Hopefully the staff approves. wink.gif

Thanks Limitless. The best thing is that even miro's guide gets more views because I linked it in the first video and it's on youtube.

Not bad but I have a couple of small suggestions. Could you just add the text when you're editing the video rather than writing the text in Notepad? The overall presentation can be improved and the flow of the tutorial could be a lot better as well. You open and minimized notepad a lot of times which didn't look good. I'm not really a big fan of the pink theme as well but that's only my opinion.

Not bad but I have a couple of small suggestions. Could you just add the text when you're editing the video rather than writing the text in Notepad? The overall presentation can be improved and the flow of the tutorial could be a lot better as well. You open and minimized notepad a lot of times which didn't look good. I'm not really a big fan of the pink theme as well but that's only my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback, I used notepad because it makes it easier and adding sub-titles takes a long time to do.

And I am really amateur at Youtube video making.

ManDog goes to crack Ace(Kingston)'s password

The password is Kalvinsucksathackingothermember'spasswords tounge.gif

WildBrick142

The password is Kalvinsucksathackingothermember'spasswords tounge.gif

masterofgtasa is the password? ph34r.gif

Good job on the tutorial icon14.gif

Weren't you supposed to be too busy with school or something?

Ld8Bhg8.gif

Weren't you supposed to be too busy with school or something?

Yeah but I had some free time here and there and I was a bit bored.

Thanks WildBrick.

Finn 7 five 11

I don't know why you bother. Any moron can figure out the forum and BBcodes and if they can't and are too stupid to google, chances are they're going to ignore your video as well.

Sure you're trying to do good for the forum, or get a medal, whatever, but in my opinion it's most likely going to be a waste of time.

I don't know why you bother. Any moron can figure out the forum and BBcodes and if they can't and are too stupid to google, chances are they're going to ignore your video as well.

Sure you're trying to do good for the forum, or get a medal, whatever, but in my opinion it's most likely going to be a waste of time.

Not really, miro's guide is a huge wall of text, but this is a quick simple way just to let them know about the forum until they get time to read the guide. And BB Codes, well you may never know they can come in handy. This is for people like Rizqan but it should be able to help out the average GTAF Newbie and yes I am doing it to help members on the forum but certainly not for a medal.

It's a good attempt but poorly executed. It would be better with some form of commentary instead of sh*tty music in the background. Miro's guide is much better tbh. You may call it a wall of text but it's a guide at the end of the day and is very helpful.

Btw, I'm not telling you to stop or anything since if you enjoy making them then carry on doing so icon14.gif

Edited by Tommy.

Finn 7 five 11

So you're saying BBcode isn't easy? Haha right, it is really hard to remember [][/]

But If you enjoy making tutorials for the benefit of the forum, or what you feel to be for the benefit, good for you I guess. Whatever makes you happy.

Edited by finn4life

It's a good attempt but poorly executed. It would be better with some form of commentary instead of sh*tty music in the background. Miro's guide is much better tbh. You may call it a wall of text but it's a guide at the end of the day and is very helpful.

Btw, I'm not telling you to stop or anything since if you enjoy making them then carry on doing so icon14.gif

I'm not saying miro's guide isn't helpful, it's just that some members won't get the time or won't have the patience to go through that.

And I was planning a commentary but I had a cold so my voice sucked, ha ha. But I'll improve this soon, whenever my next free time comes.

Edited by AceKingston

na89340qv0n34b09q340

Just a couple criticisms. Hardcoded subtitles might have been a better choice, I don't know that very many people think to use the CC button, and if they do it's usually to see how goofy the translated captions are. And the song choice is also pretty bad, lyrics are no good for tutorial video music. confused.gif

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.