2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Phatgordo13

---Grand Theft Auto Online---

Prometheus
On topic I would love to see all the previous GTA maps re-made, and then being thrown into the big wide world of GTAO would be awesome! Being able to travel to the different cities, seeing different environments in one free flow game. (if you get what I'm saying)

I ain't really a technical guy, so I ain't 100% sure what this cloud service is.

This could certainly happen with modding, on the PC version of course. The team who ported the SA map to GTA IV also included Multiplayer support.

If it's possible, then I'd really love to see an HD version of Las Venturas ported. Hell I'll do it myself.

Also great topic, Phatgordo. icon14.gif

Phatgordo13
On topic I would love to see all the previous GTA maps re-made, and then being thrown into the big wide world of GTAO would be awesome! Being able to travel to the different cities, seeing different environments in one free flow game. (if you get what I'm saying)

I ain't really a technical guy, so I ain't 100% sure what this cloud service is.

This could certainly happen with modding, on the PC version of course. The team who ported the SA map to GTA IV also included Multiplayer support.

If it's possible, then I'd really love to see an HD version of Las Venturas ported. Hell I'll do it myself.

Hopefully R* has paid close attention to SA:MP, which it appears they have, because a proper multiplayer experience shouldnt have to lie in the hands of the modding community.

Going back to the old PGC, when GTA III came out for PC every gang had its own player skins, vehicles, safe houses, weapons, etc. I mean there was some really creative stuff. I remember What?! had created a Corleone mansion in place of the Leone mansion, I believe, where there were customized rooms to each member, and took up a huge chunk of Portland.

The idea was really that we would take the GTAForums crews and just implant them into this world where we would coexist amongst the drug trade, scripted missions, non scripted drama, etc. We all wanted the story mode of GTA III to never end, and have our friends, and enemies, controlling the gangs within the city.

If I recall right, there was a real strong community effort to get a GTA Forum server, and even after GTA III came and went on PC, people still pushed to create a multiplayer experience themselves. Obviously, this didn't come until much later.

I'll have to dig through some of my old PGC files and see if there is anything interesting.

galatasaray

Op .. Get a life

I<3GTAV

Op .. Get a life

Maybe you should get a life since you seem to have time to tell others to get a life.

Great read, OP. It makes me excited to play!

poklane

Hopefully it wont be filled with people who blow up everything that moves like IV.

haarp

What is this nonsense. Wait till we know what GTA V online will entail

Supercrammer

I have a feeling GTA Online will have its own story mode and missions to accomplish in the online world with people who are on the same rank as you.

Stormingz

Hopefully R* has paid close attention to SA:MP, which it appears they have, because a proper multiplayer experience shouldnt have to lie in the hands of the modding community.

Going back to the old PGC, when GTA III came out for PC every gang had its own player skins, vehicles, safe houses, weapons, etc. I mean there was some really creative stuff. I remember What?! had created a Corleone mansion in place of the Leone mansion, I believe, where there were customized rooms to each member, and took up a huge chunk of Portland.

The idea was really that we would take the GTAForums crews and just implant them into this world where we would coexist amongst the drug trade, scripted missions, non scripted drama, etc. We all wanted the story mode of GTA III to never end, and have our friends, and enemies, controlling the gangs within the city.

If I recall right, there was a real strong community effort to get a GTA Forum server, and even after GTA III came and went on PC, people still pushed to create a multiplayer experience themselves. Obviously, this didn't come until much later.

I'll have to dig through some of my old PGC files and see if there is anything interesting.

I had samp way back in the day, I really did enjoy it not going to lie, unfortunately my pc is a pile of sh*t and doesn't work anymore. Anyway, I have never seen a community like samp, everyone was always trying to create new mods, vehicle skins, character skins and even changed the map around them how they saw fit, you really could let your imagination go wild.

Money actually had a real value, you could literally buy any house, open your own business then later advertise your grand opening. Gangs and crews were really fun to be part of, it was like a community within a community, you'd have your own turf, one minute you could be selling drugs on a street corner and the next minute you're in a heated shoot out because an enemy gang has tried taking your corner.

Anyway I'm blabbing on, but as you said before, I really do hope Rockstar has paid close attention to samp.

Stormingz

Sorry for bumping this, but we haven't got a lot of good discussion topics out there, and it'd be a shame to see a good one go to waste.

theworldfamous

I just had a bad thought.. what if splitting it from the main game and making it it's own thing gives them an excuse for shabby multiplayer that lacks features... they can say it's still in the testing phase.. "we're laying the groundwork bla bla..we'll add to it overtime with a highly cynically priced DLC plan"

Stormingz

I just had a bad thought.. what if splitting it from the main game and making it it's own thing gives them an excuse for shabby multiplayer that lacks features... they can say it's still in the testing phase.. "we're laying the groundwork bla bla..we'll add to it overtime with a highly cynically priced DLC plan"

They made that mistake in IV, I doubt they'll do it again this time round.

Oh and for the DLC plan, yeah I reckon there will be some form of DLC, but Rockstar know they need a good multiplayer foundation for it to work.

Phatgordo13
Hopefully it wont be filled with people who blow up everything that moves like IV.

This.

I popped open Max Payne 3 and GTA IV this weekend to delve into the multiplayer a bit, and yah, it's a lot of what I don't like about multiplayer right now.

Theres a lot of really potentially cool ideas in MP3 that need to be condensed into a really fluid system, and IV is just a mess. Some people like that! I dunno, it's not for me. I want my single player experience to be expanded upon in the online venue.

I have a feeling GTA Online will have its own story mode and missions to accomplish in the online world with people who are on the same rank as you.

We saw a bit of this in the MP3 Gang Wars. Some what of a loose structured story mode, but I would like to see much more of it.

I've spoken a lot on the potential for unscripted narrative, but that depends upon a system in place to push players into a certain direction.

A scripted system would...be quite cool potentially. It doesn't have to be as deep as single player, but more of a quest like structure. Like....

Assassinate this player....

Rob this business....

Steal this vehicle....

Potentially, these things could all be assets owned by other players who could be going about their business when....BAM! Hmmm...What are your thoughts on this? Im really shooting off the cuff here, but Ill be thinking about this some more.

SA:MP

I never played SA:MP, and specific information is fairly hard to dig up. Could you perhaps detail what was possible some more? I'm VERY curious as to what was all going on with SA:MP, and I'm sure R* has been too.

This could be a huge influence on what GTAO will be about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the concern on DLC and addition, I think your concerns are valid, but it wont be so bad if the ground work is something that is engaging, exciting, and functional.

I think the real ground breaking aspect of GTAO could potentially be its ability to be organic. Meaning, things will be added and subtracted as players engage. Additionally, more elements could be added as time goes on.

I dont think this is a bad thing, and in all reality is what this topic is all about. We have a chance to contribute to whatever GTAO will be, and become.

I believe as soon as information comes out, this will be a great space to voice our comments on what we like, what we hate, and what we want moving forward.

Stormingz

SA:MP

I never played SA:MP, and specific information is fairly hard to dig up. Could you perhaps detail what was possible some more? I'm VERY curious as to what was all going on with SA:MP, and I'm sure R* has been too.

This could be a huge influence on what GTAO will be about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the concern on DLC and addition, I think your concerns are valid, but it wont be so bad if the ground work is something that is engaging, exciting, and functional.

I think the real ground breaking aspect of GTAO could potentially be its ability to be organic. Meaning, things will be added and subtracted as players engage. Additionally, more elements could be added as time goes on.

I dont think this is a bad thing, and in all reality is what this topic is all about. We have a chance to contribute to whatever GTAO will be, and become.

I believe as soon as information comes out, this will be a great space to voice our comments on what we like, what we hate, and what we want moving forward.

In my opinion, samp showed Rockstar what the community can do, to me, it was actually really nice to see. It showed that people can get along. (with the exception of few)

There was a stable law in place, players could choose to be police officers, swat members, whatever they wanted, as long as it wasn't stupid. There was an arguably working prison in place, but even still a functioning prison where players would spend time if they had been caught for a crime, and the fun even continued in the prisons, gangs would form, fights, you name it!

There was scripted drugs in place, that would affect the player in game (I think if you took cocaine in the game you gained a bit of armour) though it weren't perfect, it made the game have a little more, omphhh. Guns had to be bought with actual game money, so trolls wouldn't just start with a gun and f*ck up everyone else's fun, RPGs were rare, so for those who hate them trolling little kids, they certainly answered your question.

It was just, as simple as I can put it, fun to play..

Oh and bare in mind I played on a server called lsrp, it was more of a role playing side to samp.

KonradGM

i owuld love to have missions, like mmo's have daily quests, story quests, etc , thats something with i would love to see

Cinoy

Vice city is based on miami, I think you have it confused with Las venturas

Prometheus

I'm pretty sure R* has learned enough from SA-MP, MTA, and others - and an example is by the MP system they set up for Max Payne 3 [and V as well, of course]. From crews to feuds, I'm pretty sure they're not going to dissapoint with GTA Online - hell giving the MP a whole name pretty much shows that it's going to be a whole new leap. colgate.gif

Phatgordo, back in February they were asking fans what features they'd to see in the Multiplayer aspect of V. If only you posted this like 4 months earlier man...

Waingro

OP, your ideas are great and I hope at least 50% of that is true upon release. I'd love to be able to plan out complicated heists and prep for them with my friends, not only that, but actually use the in game Smartphone to accomplish some of that. The BF3-fication of games needs to be taken out of GTA.

I truly hope that in future DLC, our avatars have the ability to really live in that world, and not only in Southern San Andreas/Los Santos, but re-visit Liberty City revamped for GTA Online, as well as future cities. Think of planning epic cross-city heists: Having to steal a drill from some high end tech store in Liberty City, then smuggle it onto a plane and take it to Los Santos to drill into some crazy vault like in Die Hard.

Just my two cents.

Mr. Madness

Hey phatgordo,

What are your speculations for spawn points? You think this could be the easy answer to the survival value problem?

How about a public spawn point for everyone? Private spawn s points will have to be captured and will cost a small amount of cash to spawn there. Also, it should cost a moderate amount for a group to install a spawn point. The benefits would be: spawning somewhere that you aren't getting shot at from the start (your gang/personal safehouse), easy access to weapons and ammunition stocks, and finally you will be able to meet up with your friends/gang quicker. I don't think that this would be too unrealistic of an idea.

Don't forget to track this topic if it interested you guys!

Edited by Mr. Madness

Karoi
"We hope that GTA V will do for multiplayer open-world

games what GTA III did for open-world single player."

- The Benz

It's just that they want to get that same "WOW! This is new and refreshing" feeling with GTA:Online as with GTA III 3D Era.

bfett21
Hey phatgordo,

What are your speculations for spawn points? You think this could be the easy answer to the survival value problem?

How about a public spawn point for everyone? Private spawn s points will have to be captured and will cost a small amount of cash to spawn there. Also, it should cost a moderate amount for a group to install a spawn point. The benefits would be: spawning somewhere that you aren't getting shot at from the start (your gang/personal safehouse), easy access to weapons and ammunition stocks, and finally you will be able to meet up with your friends/gang quicker. I don't think that this would be too unrealistic of an idea.

what if you have no more money? no more online?

Mr. Madness
Hey phatgordo,

what if you have no more money? no more online?

No lol don't be silly. Sorry if you didn't see it, but I said there would be public spawn points for everyone. Literally the first sentence haha SMH

UP9390

I hope I can earn money by doing stuff like playing as a Cop or something else in Public Safety or transportation on multiplayer. I like how SAMP done it from the videos I seen online of it. And also being able to work with AI. GTA Forums - Multiplayer AI and Affiliations

Edited by UP9390

Phatgordo13

Cops, Prisons, Drugs...

Wow. That all sounds amazing. I think upon the next update of the front page I will be adding some of these elements fleshed out a bit more.

Police

Perhaps allowing players to join the police force and perhaps earn XP and a salary will help keep some form of law and order. Obviously, higher ranking players will be bigger targets for the police.

Imagine full on SWAT teams, comprised of players crashing into a safe house to execute warrants. Woah.

Prison

This was always something I wanted to see in single player. Instead of being sent to the nearest police station, disarmed, and fined, why not be sent to prison? Obviously serving 25-Life doesn't sound fun, but playing out an extended period of time behind bars could be a living breathing world within itself.

You may have to navigate between established gangs, perhaps pulling off missions in exchange for protection. How would you get out? Depending on your cash level, you could lawyer up. You get what you pay for though....so save accordingly...

user posted image

I know who I want.

Drugs

This was fleshed out a great deal in Meta187's topic: For the Love of Money. I am quite surprised we havn't heard much on the subject. The obvious controversy such an element to gameplay will cause may be best saved for when the game is already in player's hands. R* has never shied away from controversy, but this one may take the cake.

There was great success with Chinatown Wars, and the drug trade element of gameplay. Fully fleshed out in the HD universe could be, literally, months of fun. On a multiplayer level, a living breathing economy could be realized in the drug trade. I actually made a topic on this months ago, and perhaps a revisit is in order. More to come....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phatgordo, back in February they were asking fans what features they'd to see in the Multiplayer aspect of V. If only you posted this like 4 months earlier man...
Lol. Perhaps. However, I have learned that it is never too late with R*, and DLCs and the potential for a next gen release is always a possibility for additional content to the GTAO experience.

I have a feeling GTAO will ebb and flow over time, with additional features.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP, your ideas are great and I hope at least 50% of that is true upon release. I'd love to be able to plan out complicated heists and prep for them with my friends, not only that, but actually use the in game Smartphone to accomplish some of that. The BF3-fication of games needs to be taken out of GTA.

I truly hope that in future DLC, our avatars have the ability to really live in that world, and not only in Southern San Andreas/Los Santos, but re-visit Liberty City revamped for GTA Online, as well as future cities. Think of planning epic cross-city heists: Having to steal a drill from some high end tech store in Liberty City, then smuggle it onto a plane and take it to Los Santos to drill into some crazy vault like in Die Hard.

Just my two cents.

Agreed.

Are you suggesting, the use of the in game phone to communicate with other players?

Spawn points.

Thanks for the support bruh!

On the conversation about spawn points, I shudder at the thought, because spawn points sounds a lot like Battlefield or Call of Duty. I would really really really like R* to get away from the "Timed map". I think the most important thing R* could do with GTAO is make it dedicated server or cloud service type map.

Obviously players have to start some where, and I think the idea of a safe house is right in the scheme of things. I think for players starting out it would be interesting to see spawn points at the air port, bus depots, docks etc....

Like GTA IV, coming off the boat with nothing in your pocket and no guns with only your wits to make something of yourself. The pursuit of the almighty dollar, no?

I hope I can earn money by doing stuff like playing as a Cop or something else in Public Safety or transportation on multiplayer. I like how SAMP done it from the videos I seen online of it. And also being able to work with AI.

I think you're on the right track friend. This ties in with the concepts above with police and such. I think being able to have a "job" and "going legal" may offer players an alternative to the crime life.

You could join the military, perhaps? Have access to bigger guns and armor, and be deployed when necessary.

I remember hearing R*, in the past, speaking on the controversey of crime in GTA saying that, paraphrasing, you don't have to commit crime in GTA its the players choice. Obviously, that level of freedom is hard to achieve in a single player campaign that requires crime.

Put it this way, I recall a video of a Skyrim player who had achieved level 100 without killing a single person. I don't know how many GTA players out there who would be interested in this, but the option would be interesting.

Would you mind if I added some of your discussion points to the front page?

Deffpony

I would first like to say that its nice to see some veteran members like Gordo making such great contribution to this side of the forum.

On the topic of MP Police content, I have been thinking about this alot lately. A great way to add depth to "Cops n Crooks" would be to allow for customization on police vehicles. I was thinking about the undercover agent cars from VC and how sweet it would be to have your own undercover car that is fully custumizable.

I for one was never too interested in the MP of V, but as time goes on I realize this could be truly revolutionary

jeri

Gta V online doesnt matter to me too much because I will be playing single player 99% of the time anyway..... ofcourse if the gta V online is something really revolutionary then I will probably spend more time on it, but first I have to get some Xbox live time! biggrin.gif

ArizonaHellRyder
Anyone with a 360 wants to join the Lost kings multiplayer crew,

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=567440

Drop me a inbox

This isn't a place to advertise for your gang.

@OP: this is amazing work, and if this is what GTA Online is to be. I can't even imagine how gangs and criminal syndication will work out in GTA Online, or even impact the world within it. I can't wait though to see what it is like.

It would be beautiful if this was indeed the game where we can go to SA, or VC or even LC. Although I am not sure if it is possible right now on these consoles, however I am no technical gamer who knows all the ins and outs of these systems.

Honest Bill

I think it would be good if, while you're in freeroam, there are timed missions available to everyone in the server. When these missions become available, everyone on the server gets a phone call. Just like in 'Team Mafiya Work' there is a specific mission to be accomplished, though it would be better obviously if they had a bit more depth. That way gangs could choose to compete for it or just not bother with it

There could be all kinds of similar public missions. Say you are a member of AOD, you can go to any AOD clubhouse and look at the public missions. One of them may say 'Kill 1000 LostMC members' So you and your fellow AOD members ride in to Lost territory and start racking up kills.

Any Lost member would then get a phone call saying that their clubhouse has been attacked and they can choose to go and defend the area. This could even separate all those members in to an instance type zone a lot like a team stronghold match.

In fact, perhaps all the standard modes can be accessed via some in free roam way like that. A bit like RDR, but more dynamic and natural. All the death matches, races, etc etc can all be treated like these 'public events' that anyone is free to join, but they give it a purpose by it being your gang versus another, team deathmatch and turf wars, then have an actual purpose, and you actually feel invested in the outcome because it's not just shooting at random people to see who can kill the most you are actually working towards completing your gang's public mission and you actually earn rewards for you and your entire gang. The more of these missions that get completed, the more status your gang has, the more status it has, the better equipment you can get.

They can even let you achieve personal status withing your gang too. say at the AOD's clubhouse anyone can go and look at the AOD hall of fame (fancy name for leaderboards) and all the gang members can be checked out from here. It will say who has done the most missions, who has conquered the most turf, who has made the most money, Who has killed the most Lost members, who has killed the most cops, who has been busted the most, who has been busted the least... well, you get the idea.

Perhaps there could even be individual rewards withing your gang, for completing certain challenges. Do 10 robberies, get a new custom AOD paintjob. Earn $10,000 for the gang, get a new badass AOD jacket.

That's about all i can type right now... I'm tired.

UP9390
Cops, Prisons, Drugs...

Wow. That all sounds amazing. I think upon the next update of the front page I will be adding some of these elements fleshed out a bit more.

Police

Perhaps allowing players to join the police force and perhaps earn XP and a salary will help keep some form of law and order. Obviously, higher ranking players will be bigger targets for the police.

Imagine full on SWAT teams, comprised of players crashing into a safe house to execute warrants. Woah.

Prison

This was always something I wanted to see in single player. Instead of being sent to the nearest police station, disarmed, and fined, why not be sent to prison? Obviously serving 25-Life doesn't sound fun, but playing out an extended period of time behind bars could be a living breathing world within itself.

You may have to navigate between established gangs, perhaps pulling off missions in exchange for protection. How would you get out? Depending on your cash level, you could lawyer up. You get what you pay for though....so save accordingly...

user posted image

I know who I want.

Drugs

This was fleshed out a great deal in Meta187's topic: For the Love of Money. I am quite surprised we havn't heard much on the subject. The obvious controversy such an element to gameplay will cause may be best saved for when the game is already in player's hands. R* has never shied away from controversy, but this one may take the cake.

There was great success with Chinatown Wars, and the drug trade element of gameplay. Fully fleshed out in the HD universe could be, literally, months of fun. On a multiplayer level, a living breathing economy could be realized in the drug trade. I actually made a topic on this months ago, and perhaps a revisit is in order. More to come....

Lol. Perhaps. However, I have learned that it is never too late with R*, and DLCs and the potential for a next gen release is always a possibility for additional content to the GTAO experience.

I have a feeling GTAO will ebb and flow over time, with additional features.

Just my two cents.

Agreed.

Are you suggesting, the use of the in game phone to communicate with other players?

Spawn points.

Thanks for the support bruh!

On the conversation about spawn points, I shudder at the thought, because spawn points sounds a lot like Battlefield or Call of Duty. I would really really really like R* to get away from the "Timed map". I think the most important thing R* could do with GTAO is make it dedicated server or cloud service type map.

Obviously players have to start some where, and I think the idea of a safe house is right in the scheme of things. I think for players starting out it would be interesting to see spawn points at the air port, bus depots, docks etc....

Like GTA IV, coming off the boat with nothing in your pocket and no guns with only your wits to make something of yourself. The pursuit of the almighty dollar, no?

I hope I can earn money by doing stuff like playing as a Cop or something else in Public Safety or transportation on multiplayer. I like how SAMP done it from the videos I seen online of it. And also being able to work with AI.

I think you're on the right track friend. This ties in with the concepts above with police and such. I think being able to have a "job" and "going legal" may offer players an alternative to the crime life.

You could join the military, perhaps? Have access to bigger guns and armor, and be deployed when necessary.

I remember hearing R*, in the past, speaking on the controversey of crime in GTA saying that, paraphrasing, you don't have to commit crime in GTA its the players choice. Obviously, that level of freedom is hard to achieve in a single player campaign that requires crime.

Put it this way, I recall a video of a Skyrim player who had achieved level 100 without killing a single person. I don't know how many GTA players out there who would be interested in this, but the option would be interesting.

Would you mind if I added some of your discussion points to the front page?

THIS icon14.gif plus you could be a Corrections Officer in the prison. The military can be the same faction as the Police, just more advanced and sent at higher wanted levels(most realistically being the National Guard) plus not just for killing, the National Guard can function as disaster relief, they have firefighting units and get called in sometimes for wildfires. I would want to be able to work with the AI. I hope the trains in GTA V can be operated on multiplayer. Two Way Radio style chats would be great! When you don't press the PTT button, your characters mouth would move, allowing nearby players to hear what your saying. Press the PTT to broadcast over your chat channel. Plus you could "go legal" to make the police think your less likely to be a suspect while doing something like contract kills or drug deals on the side. It can help make the game more fair by keeping someone from being a real dick and cheating.

Phatgordo13

Hello again everyone, and thank you for your contributions thus far. Hopefully, by tomorrow night I will be adding some new sections to the front page to include some of your suggestions; Police, Prisons, Cell Phones, Drugs, and more...

For your viewing pleasure tonight, I give you a wall of text!

tounge.gif

I know, I know, but hear me out. I believe I have come up with a solid working theory on what will ultimately make GTAO "Revolutionary". I am unaware of any other game available that has taken this approach, and more importantly, I believe this is the answer to all of our complaints and issues within our own suggestions.

Enjoy the read, and please include your feedback. Lets make this right!

Cheers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Theory of Everything

user posted image

Yes, I'm going to hell I know.

Thus far, we have outlined many aspects we hope to see in the upcoming release of Grand Theft Auto Online. Many aspects which we hope will cross over from single player, but those features that will exist exclusively for multiplayer have a very key flaw which we have yet been able to reconcile.

Considering potential ideas such as the continuous existence of safe houses, territory, assets, customizable items, and more it is hard to outline a position in which this all would be made possible.

Presently, we have suggested such ideas as an all inclusive 'Grand Theft America' which would utilize multiple HD cities such as Los Santos, Liberty City, Vice City, among others. However, the obvious problem with this is that we only have Liberty City and Los Santos at present time. Furthermore, the sheer scale of the multiple cities, even when considering all others, would still most likely be unable to accommodate all players simultaneously.

user posted image

Yes, welcome to Tokyo, get the f*ck on!

This solution is more so a band aide than proper treatment. What we would ultimately be suggesting is a Grand Theft Auto MMO. While I am a huge fan of the idea and a strong advocate of such moving forward, considering the thousands upon thousands of players converging online at once would create an unrealistic experience for what we wish Grand Theft Auto Online to achieve. These suggestions, while exciting and certainly still feasible, do not address the problem at hand.

The major issue with GTA multiplayer is a lack of structure and all out anarchy within the program. Rockets fire from every direction, while vehicles crash and explode at high speeds. The air is filled with helicopters and planes firing guns on players below, all while snipers perched upon roof tops strike down anyone not taking cover. While this may be fun for some, it ultimately negates the true Grand Theft Auto experience which we all know and love from single player experiences.

user posted image

That's NOT what I f*cking ordered.

As we can note from Meta187's topic 'For the Love of Money', much of the delight of single player comes from the come up, and the riches that follow. Imposing will upon the world in which you inhabit, and facing consequence accordingly is all what makes Grand Theft Auto such a rich experience. However, it must be noted that while AI has taken great leaps from the days of GTA III, the inclusion of the human element within multiplayer has only made the experience less realistic.

I had suggested a system of semi-permanent death, in which, with death would come a loss of assets, weapons, and cash. Forcing the player to start over upon death in order to make one think twice about running blindly into gun fire, or attacking every player they came across. However, this would not stop players who simply just did not care one way or another. Those who have nothing to lose, and those who only enjoy GTA for the mass chaos would have no consequence. Thus, the only punishment would be dealt to those whom have taken the game seriously, and that is exactly what we set out to prevent in the first place.

user posted image

So what can we do?

Well, I think I may have something here...

We are all aware of the new wheel system which includes our three protagonists, Michael, Trevor, and Franklin. Additionally, the wheel holds a slot for our multiplayer avatar. Why is this significant? When you are playing Grand Theft Auto V, you will be controlling one of the three protagonists going about your business amongst the vast map which includes Los Santos and the surrounding country side. At any point, you may switch to your online avatar, and the only change that would occur on screen is the avatar in which you control. However, you are now online.

The interactions amongst others begin to occur only once you engage certain activities. Think of it like a parallel universe of sorts. Thousands of Los Santos' existing literally atoms a part simultaneously, and yet, separately. The city of Los Santos which you now inhabit with your online avatar, is your lobby.

user posted image

Beat you to the punch. KEEP READING!

Imagine you are a part of a crew. There are twenty members to this crew that are online at the same point. The crew has racked up enough XP and cash to build their own safe house on the upper east side of Los Santos. Once you have engaged your online avatar you now inhabit a Los Santos with the addition of that safe house, and you are instantly connected to any members of your crew that are also online. Your safe house would be much more than a place to customize, store assets, or showcase as a trophy, but also be the worm hole of sorts to all other Los Santos'.

You get together with your crew, and plan to attack a rival gang hide out. The time has come to put this crew down once and for all, and take what they have. The crew gathers their things and engage a planning room of sorts which now adds the rival crew, and their assets, to the map in which you inhabit. Are you still following me?

user posted image

Let me try a more simpler approach. Lets say you switch from Michael in single player mode to your online avatar to play a round of golf with a friend. At the present time, you are driving around a living breathing Los Santos full of NPCs, no different from your single player experience. This Los Santos will act as a lobby of sorts in a free roam model. You hop into your customized car located at your safe house, and drive to the golf course off the high way. There you engage an NPC at the front desk who acts as a liaison between your player, and all other players online looking to play golf. You find your friend, and you two, now inhabit a single map. You may suggest adding a few other players to turn your round into a group activity. Each player added to the round of golf, would expand the map in which you inhabit to include each player's personal safe house, crew affiliation safe house, and any assets within their possession.

You may already be thinking, but certainly, with each crew added there is the potential of tens or hundreds of players on that map. Not exactly. While you and your friend are playing golf, each of your crew's safe houses now exist within your map, but not necessarily all crew members affiliated with that building. Keep in mind, all other crew members will be going about their business as well, engaging in different aspects of the city.

So lets say, I lose this round of golf, and decide I am going to attack my friend's crew's safe house. I'm a sore loser.

user posted image

....among other things.

I drive up to the safe house, which from my perspective is only protected by AI controlled NPCs representing that crew. I pull out my RPG and begin firing into the windows of the safe house, my attack has commenced. All players online representing that crew will be alerted on their cell phones, that the safe house is under attack. Their choice in engaging in the conflict or ignoring it, will determine whether or not they become a part of my online experience.

Furthermore, the authorities have been alerted. Dispatch has notified police and they are en route. This time around, the police, fire men, medics, FIB, and military now consist of a combination of AI controlled NPCs and online players. This adds new depth to the vigilante missions of single player, while offering players a chance to make good money and XP without the threat of law, and its perks and protection for being on the right side. Each player that chooses to wear a badge will be notified of situations occurring through out Los Santos, and once again, their choice to engage or ignore will directly determine whether or not they become active on any given player's map.

user posted image

Yes, I said I know.

Ultimately, what this new approach to the multiplayer experience will add is the illusion of a thriving, living, breathing city filled with NPCs and tens of thousands of online players. It may appear to be a massive MMORPG, but in all reality it is mass amounts of free roam lobbies merging within small pieces. You may choose to take your online avatar around Los Santos and interact with no one else, and you may do so! However, any activity, cash grab, or mission in which you want to engage will require your interaction with others.

I have run my mind in circles and knots trying to picture what would truly make the GTA Online experience "Revolutionary". I was there when GTA III came out, and I remember the realization of the change before my eyes. I do not take R*'s statements lightly, and they have said some incredibly lofty things about GTA Online thus far. This, is what I believe they are talking about.

Lets talk about it...

Edited by Phatgordo13