Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,727 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

nkjellman

[BETA|IV|EFLC] Graphical Bug Fixes

KawakSallas

Still no solution for the black line vegetation bug?

And the flickering buildings and beaches...

Well, GTA IV is a broken pile of puke, but these two bugs are on the top of the list, at least for me

nkjellman

Still no solution for the black line vegetation bug?

And the flickering buildings and beaches...

Well, GTA IV is a broken pile of puke, but these two bugs are on the top of the list, at least for me

Nope. The vegetation is fine if you are on patch 4. I also have no idea how to fix the flickering beaches and buildings in the distance. However a workaround is every time you get in a helicopter, cycle through the cameras. Then it will be much less noticeable while your in the helicopter. The bug is most noticeable when your in a helicopter, so this little trick is handy.

One day, someone will find out how to fix those bugs. GTA SA had quite a few bugs exclusive to the PC version, and lately, they have been addressed. Before, it was thought that it wasn't possible to fix those things.

It is noteworthy that we all should seriously hope that GTA V won't be as bad. The comment made on the Rockstar Newsware makes me cringe about teething issues. Hopefully it is just like the console versions, and the issues have to deal with GTA Online connectivity. The other thing that makes me cringe is the fact that GTA III and GTA VC didn't get the enhancements that Xbox got on PC. GTA SA had quite a few little bugs which added up that were not present on consoles. GTA IV had optimization issues and graphical bugs. EFLC came out and IV was updated too with a few graphical enhancements. Bugs came with it. Just like how GTA SA Mobile is sh*t yet it got updates in other places.

Every time a GTA is updated, it gains bugs from its original release. Fortunately the only bugs I've noticed so far in GTA V when going from last gen to current gen is that the large 747's don't spawn at the airport in Single Player. There is only one by the hanger with a guy sitting in it. Current gen had the static vegetation bug, but that was patched. I'm not sure if last gen had the bug where shadows disappear above a certain altitude.

Voit Turyv

Is the fix being continued? :)

nkjellman

Is the fix being continued? :)

There isn't anything left to be fixed which I know how to fix. The other stuff would require something like an asi or a modded exe to fix.

Blackbird88

#SilentPatch_IV.asi

nkjellman

#SilentPatch_IV.asi

Exactly. Unfortunately Silent doesn't do IV. But yes, SilentPatch_IV.asi is something that I much would like to see.

It could fix things like:

-Vegetation shading

-Vehicles cast shadows from light sources

-No darkening on distant objects

-No z-fighting

-Proper reflection fix that doesn't use ENB (should be toggable though as it probably would mess up ENB)

-Perhaps the best thing that would fix quite a few bugs would be old shader system compatibility on new patches. ENB users would love it. Though I feel like EFLC would be trouble here. Back when I was doing my EFLC Map Updates for IV mod, people who tried to install it on 1.0.4.0 claimed that it didn't work. I believe that the "updated" shader system added some new shaders that EFLC's map updates use, and that would cause patch 4 to crash as patch 4 doesn't have them

@Silent: Hint hint. lol. Hope you decide to make a Silent Patch IV.

Edited by nkjellman

George Costanza

Wait for year 2018 and we may have silentpatchIV or someoneelsepatchIV

Maher90

hey Man i wanted to ask something weird. Can you edit the quality of shadows and how soft they are? because it looks to me that on Xbox 360 and PS3 Versions despite rockstar claiming thy are running it on High Quality but it looks like low Quality of pc version but has more softer look,how comes? so can you edit shadows on pc?

nkjellman

hey Man i wanted to ask something weird. Can you edit the quality of shadows and how soft they are? because it looks to me that on Xbox 360 and PS3 Versions despite rockstar claiming thy are running it on High Quality but it looks like low Quality of pc version but has more softer look,how comes? so can you edit shadows on pc?

There sharpness is defined by shadow quality. Also, to get the console shadows, you must be on GTA IV patches 1 through 5.

El Dorado

sorry about the bump, I'm back playing GTA IV after a long time and thought about this mod

let me ask something, would be possible to remove the static shadow texture? those that are below the vehicles, GTA V don't have them, or it's barely noticeable

Edited by El Dorado

nkjellman

Not sure about removing it, but I am sure that you can replace it with a transparent one with no graphics.

cp1dell

Yeah, they're textures. "bikebottom" and "carbottom."

Located in: pc/textures/lights_occluders.wtd

Here, I haven't tested it, but it should remove those horrible, low-quality "shadows." When I looked at the textures I noticed the shadow you see in-game, was transparent, and everything around it in the texture was black, so I just filled in the textures with black. Should work, let me know.

Download

Edited by cp1dell

nkjellman

Yeah, they're textures. "bikebottom" and "carbottom."

Located in: pc/textures/lights_occluders.wtd

Here, I haven't tested it, but it should remove those horrible, low-quality "shadows." When I looked at the textures I noticed the shadow you see in-game, was transparent, and everything around it in the texture was black, so I just filled in the textures with black. Should work, let me know.

Download

I believe that those shadows were designed to simulate Ambient Occlusion. With out them, it would look worse. I bet finding a better texture aught to do the trick, otherwise it will look less realistic.

However, if you have an ENB or ICEnhancer with Ambient Occlusion, then the shadow texture shouldn't be needed.

El Dorado

It looks ok without any shadows IMO.

But I have forgotten about how bad the game runs, Jesus. I did a Half Vsync 30fps trick, it helps a little. And the bizarre vegetation shadow bug...

nkjellman

It looks ok without any shadows IMO.

But I have forgotten about how bad the game runs, Jesus. I did a Half Vsync 30fps trick, it helps a little. And the bizarre vegetation shadow bug...

I hear you there. But I have a GTX 970 in my PC and the game runs perfectly. In the future, even average PC's will be able to run this game without any lag. However, entering the command line to fix the video memory problem is required.

As for that damn vegetation bug, the only way to fix that is to downgrade to the old patch. However that means no multiplayer, no TLAD, and no TBOGT. It also means that some mods may not work ether.

But apart from missions, I feel that soon, we will get to enjoy Liberty City on the GTA V engine, and I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Speaking of bugs, and GTA V, I was wondering, what file controls scenarios? Like the airplanes at the airport for example. GTA V on current gen and PC is missing some spawns there. There are supposed to be 747 spawns. Also, there are supposed to be 747's taking off. However, on current gen and PC, there is only a 747 landing. Once I had one of the 747 spawn points spawn a 747 on PS4, however that was only once and I have never gotten them to spawn there on current gen or PC. But this means that the spawn points are still in the code, but a bug is preventing them from spawning.

Edited by nkjellman

cp1dell

Try vehiclemodelsets.meta or vehicles.meta. I thinks it might be the latter though, I'm not sure.

I'd check out the "Various Vehicle Tweaks" on GTA5-Mods. It incorporates a lot of vehicles that don't spawn in the vanilla game, as well as the Ill-Gotten Gains vehicles, and changes/fixes the spawns for some default vehicles too.

But apart from missions, I feel that soon, we will get to enjoy Liberty City on the GTA V engine, and I can't wait to see what it looks like.

This is the mod I'm most excited for. I'm really hoping we get something like the "Vice City Stories PC" mod. Where everything is brought over from IV. IV/EFLC's story would work well with the switch mechanic.

El Dorado

Anyone have the console wpl files? From data/maps and all the subfolders

El Dorado

sorry for double post, but I was playing with patch 4 and the game performs much better, and the shadows set on very high with the edited stipple wtd looks really good

but there are two problems - vehicle shadows disabled between 8:00 pm and 6:00 am, and sometimes when Niko is on a bike, only the bike shadows are rendered, like this

VLdxI1i.jpg

also, a minor one, but there's no moon in the sky at night, apparently this was introduced only in patch 6

so, there's any easy way to fix these issues on patch 4?

FreshyGTA

Hey, look at this comparison video.

On consoles there are much more yellow trees, while on pc orange trees in middle park. Same thing is on happiness island. So, would it be possible to import those yellow leaves textures from consoles to pc? Because with yellow leaves it looks more colorful.

Edited by FreshyGTA

VollgasPilot

Please keep on updating and improving this great mod !

GTA IV and the both addons are the best of the GTA series so far in my opinion...

cp1dell

There's literally a post on this page where nkjellman explains that there's nothing else that he can fix. Everything else would have to be done with scripts, like an .asi mod. Sadly it seems most modders have left IV behind. Maybe someday when people can just power through IV's bad performance, someone with some good scripting knowledge will do it.

RM76

Please keep on updating and improving this great mod !

GTA IV and the both addons are the best of the GTA series so far in my opinion...

Reading isn't your strong suit, I take it.

VollgasPilot

Here is the best case scenario for GTA IV and EFLC on PC.

Patch GTA IV 1.0.8.0/GTA EFLC 1.1.3.0

Online Service changes

-GFWL no longer supported

-GTA IV/EFLC achievements moved onto Steam.

-Multiplayer servers moved onto Steam.

-Those who purchased the retail version of IV/EFLC will use their product key that came with the game and then they will get a code to get the game on Steam.

-TLAD and TBOGT DLC available on Steam. If you bought them on GFWL, it can transfer to Steam.

-Save Games will be moved over to Steam.

-Achievement Progress will be moved over to Steam.

-Online multiplayer progress will be moved over to Steam.

(Stuff that is tied to GFWL such as DLC, Saves, Achievements, Multiplayer Progress, etc is transfered to your Steam Account via Social Club/Email. GFWL account and Steam account linked to your Email address via Social Club)

Hopefully some game updates to improve the game.

-Option to choose the old shader system, or the new shader system in the Launcher.

-All the bug fixes that are in this mod/things I'd like to fix, like an actual reflection fix, Z-fighting, etc.

Yeah Rockstar really should patch the existing issues... or in co-work with talented modders...

I liked GTA IV and Lost And Damned more than GTA V, because the setting and atmosphere was better.

@rm76: keep cool

Edited by VollgasPilot

nkjellman

A little update regarding this mod and the 1.0.8.0/1.1.3.0 patch.

Rockstar did not fix anything that I fixed in this patch. This mod will still work on the latest patch. I only tested it on IV, but I am certain that it will work on EFLC too. The mod is still needed like it was on 1.0.7.0/1.1.2.0.

They have updated the trees shader, but the bug still exists where the bottom is in a shadow. However it doesn't seem to be as noticeable, but my memory may have faded as I haven't played IV as much recently.

HansPeter

Rockstar have become like Ubisoft or EA.

Get your ass up and make one final, good patch for GTA IV!

Of course it's an old game, but they stell sell it so they have to give support for it.

And give us some GTA V SP content !

Edited by HansPeter

Tomas.

Noticed that Luis doesn't have blood on his face when he's shot (I think something can be hardly noticed only on his neck though), but do Niko and Johnny. Another shader typo, like Bahama Mamas?

Edited by Tomasino

Ken Kaneki

How do I create beta graphics with the enb provided?

Edited by Ken Kaneki

TWIST_OF_HATE

nkjellman

Can you explain some things for me please ?

I'm using IV 1.0.8.0 patch by the way.

First, stipple.wtd mod by DexX. How is it works ? Can that stuff be called "vanilla" ? Does it affect fps or have any "non-vanilla" additions to rendering or bugs ?

And second, FXAA addon. Is it "real" FXAA, or just some similar trick ? Does it have any bugs also ? Will it work on AMD card ?

And third - can I install your mod by parts ? For example only stipple.wtd and FXAA addon.

P.S. Oh, and one more thing. Can you explain or show which bugs presented in IV 1.0.8.0 are not presented in IV 1.0.4.0 ?

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

TWIST_OF_HATE

So, I'm get tired to wait for a reply and decided to test stuff by myself.

FXAA addon works good and looks like real FXAA, much less jaggies everywhere. But again - is it real FXAA or some sort of blur ?

stipple.wtd mod by DexX also works, trees and fences got rid of transparency, but trees looks somewhat cartoonish, just the result of bugged shadows on them I believe (don't want to use ENB for better shadows, too much non-vanilla stuff).

But in general I satisfied with those mods, just wondering - is there any known bugs with them ?

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE