4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

III Aircraft

Silent

Any requests I missed?

Remove the Armadillo and Biplane from VCS since they doesn't fit on III in my opinion. Instead add the Sparrow and Seasparrow will look a lot better. I don't know what do you think?. :pp

Not my screenshot:

jUsCoFb.jpg

Haven't look into this topic for a long time.. Sorry for bumping it. But I really have to say something.

1. Here's my Sparrow from the screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gQvkGAB9gmTzZWbi05VTVPS2c

As being said in my old post "native VC model doesn't work good - heli chassis was invisible through rotating rotors alpha - so there was a need to change components order in dff and re-export." Actually you can put any VC model to 3 but it won't work good.

2. I haven't got any reply from Silent about locked DFF model dodob.dff. It looks really weird, there is an old, very old but nice 'fully winged dodo' model in the Internet. It looks like deaddodo model but better. It will be much better to adapt it to III Aircraft instead of existing DodoB model!

Look at those screens:

Old full-winged dodo model:

Full_winged_Dodo.jpg

Existing dodob:

WOoB4sU.jpg

I wanted to do it myself but dodob model is locked and I don't know components order, how to do rotating rotor etc.

So this suggestion is still active :)

Edited by Marsi4eg
  • Like 1

EDIT: I noticed that GTA III/VC's XBOX deaddodo actually has nice "HQ" wings, so i used this instead :D

DOWNLOAD

9qx6y8qr.jpg

Old Post:

I can't believe that no one requested a XBOX dodod yet. Unfortunately neo was too lazy to "remaster" the aircrafts in VC.

EDIT: None of silents models are DFF locked.

cwunfrra.jpg

Edited by countergame
  • Like 2

Thank you, but what's with it's rotor? Is the model adapted to the mod correctly? I see it's okay.

Because if I put default dodo model instead of dodob - it has problems with the rotor

Why do you say that none of Silent's models are locked when the Zmodeler keeps telling me dodob.dff, biplane.dff is locked?

And this xbox one is also locked...

Edited by Marsi4eg

Thank you, but what's with it's rotor? Is the model adapted to the mod correctly? I see it's okay.

Because if I put default dodo model instead of dodob - it has problems with the rotor

Why do you say that none of Silent's models are locked when the Zmodeler keeps telling me dodob.dff, biplane.dff is locked?

And this xbox one is also locked...

Yep, i replaced the rotors of course :D

idk, it works fine in 3DS max.

Edited by countergame
ermaccer

Zmodeler 2 cannot open 3DS Max .dff files (exported by Kam's) at all, however Zmodeler 1 will import them just fine (Only 3/VC format).

Here's the original VC chopper (Police Maverick) for GTA III, this one fits better as the LCS styled polmav which has black invisible windows. (XBOX Version uses the same model)
DOWNLOAD

lwykzw28.jpg

.. and here's the VC Maverick for 'escape' which sometimes has a strange scale issue, i don't know why it happens, maybe it's also the same with the original model..
DOWNLOAD

rzje3o32.jpg

Deaddodo styled Dodo (PS2)
DOWNLOAD

tiv5m63u.jpg

Edited by countergame
  • Like 2

you can replace armadillo with sparrow, but there's no compatible plane model other than bplane yet, so just remove its lines from default.ide and re-compile spawning script. Or you can try to replace it with original VC RC Baron :)

Edited by Marsi4eg

im wonder is there is any way to remove armadillo and bplane from the game?

Yes, by removing the spawn points from the cleo script, but i completely replaced the huey with the sparrow including real VC handling.. actually i replaced all handling lines with VC's because the III Aircraft helis are slow as hell.

Edited by countergame
  • Like 2
Silent

Well yes, by now I realized stock III handling is so slow because it was meant for an RC heli and not a full sized one :whistle:

• Like 4

Well yes, by now I realized stock III handling is so slow because it was meant for an RC heli and not a full sized one :whistle:

.. lol :lol:

Here's the original handling from VC, it works just fine in III.

$ MAVERICK 0.4 0.75 -0.001 0.02 0.20 0.0065 7.0 0.0065 7.0 0.4 0.012 0.997 0.800 0.820 0.996 0.0 0.0 7.0$ HUNTER 0.55 0.85 -0.0008 0.014 0.10 0.006 3.0 0.006 3.0 0.5 0.006 0.9985 0.805 0.795 0.990 0.0 0.0 7.0$ POLMAV 0.47 0.79 -0.0007 0.01 0.10 0.0067 3.0 0.0067 3.0 0.4 0.011 0.997 0.805 0.825 0.995 0.0 0.0 6.0$ LCNMAV          0.65 0.70 -0.0008 0.01 0.10 0.0045 2.0 0.0045 2.0 0.8 0.004 0.996 0.925 0.925 0.998 0.0 0.0 2.0$ POLMAV 0.47 0.79 -0.0007 0.01 0.10 0.0067 3.0 0.0067 3.0 0.4 0.011 0.997 0.805 0.825 0.995 0.0 0.0 6.0$ HUEY            0.3 0.72 -0.001 0.025 0.10 0.0065 8.0 0.0065 8.0 0.7 0.014 0.997 0.820 0.850 0.990 0.0 0.0 10.0
Edited by countergame
  • Like 1
Rachel Amber

yes 3 helis are sooo slow...

bad that we don't get any more updates for this mod like fix some crashes make rotors colission and stuff

Anyway something funny for silent :lol:

Edited by NOskillx
Inadequate

Well, I installed III Aircraft modloader friendly and throws me an unhandled exception when I am going to reach the LCPD headquarters.

Unhandled exception: c0000005

At address: 0052ced3

Any help?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I fixed it already.

Edited by Inadequate

Any requests I missed?

Remove the Armadillo and Biplane from VCS since they doesn't fit on III in my opinion. Instead add the Sparrow and Seasparrow will look a lot better. I don't know what do you think?. :pp

Not my screenshot:

jUsCoFb.jpg

Haven't look into this topic for a long time.. Sorry for bumping it. But I really have to say something.

1. Here's my Sparrow from the screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gQvkGAB9gmTzZWbi05VTVPS2c

As being said in my old post "native VC model doesn't work good - heli chassis was invisible through rotating rotors alpha - so there was a need to change components order in dff and re-export." Actually you can put any VC model to 3 but it won't work good.

I'm using it and looks very good. I want to ask, Any Vice City's aircraft will work without any conversion on GTA III? I want to see the Seasparrow replacing Biplane.

I'm using it and looks very good. I want to ask, Any Vice City's aircraft will work without any conversion on GTA III? I want to see the Seasparrow replacing Biplane.

No, you need to rename some model parts. Just import the VC model that you want to convert and a III Aircraft model for comparison

Edited by countergame

No, you need to rename some model parts. Just import the VC model that you want to convert and a III Aircraft model for comparison

Uh, bad. I don't own ZModeler nor 3DS Max.

Maybe using the boat flag and some tweaks into the values as the Skimmer in the handling file we can, about the gun... I don't care.

Skimmer has a boat flag and it's weird. Camera position is very bad and there's no entering and sitting animation

Edited by Marsi4eg
Silent

That's because Skimmer is a boat and III boats are very limited - not enough parts in the hierarchy, hardcoded stance position, no modifable camera (VC added that).

Claude_Lib

Wait what? You can't change camera modes in boats? Damn, I have to say that even though I never drove a boat in this game, aside from some missions which required it, this now will be bugging me for the rest of my days. #SilentPatchIt?