4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

III Aircraft

Silent

Voit Turyv

hi Silent i have the bug when you try landing on train game crash did you fix this?

Why would you land on a train? :p

Anyway, it was stated in this topic that this bug is unfixable. So don't attempt landing on trains.

PhillBellic

hi Silent i have the bug when you try landing on train game crash did you fix this?

Why would you land on a train? :p

Anyway, it was stated in this topic that this bug is unfixable. So don't attempt landing on trains.

Big Smoke may want to land on a Train. :p

• Like 4

Hey Silent could you please update this to 1.1 and maybe convert it to an auto installer?

that would be awesome cuz i manual installed it and it just didnt work, so could you make an auto installer that installs it the correct and proper way, the way you make it

Thanks for this mod Silent. It's great to finally be able to fly (properly) in GTA III. :lol:

It's interesting how you can fly through most buildings. In fact the tallest building doesn't even have a visible roof! The tallest place I've been able to land on is Donald Love's building.

Edited by JM9
  • 2 weeks later...
skyeyemx

Is there any proper way to code the Airtrain as a flyable vehicle? IIRC, only San Andreas let you fly them.

• 4 weeks later...
Staunton Assassin

Yo' Silent, i found a way which will allow you to create III Bikes mod:

Just simply take the bike code from the GTA VC exe and convert it so it's compatible with GTA 3, then. Grab some good models for bikes and the mod is ready for release.

P.S: Is there a way to enable backface culling and get rid of that trail emulation in blue hell of GTA 3? Double sided rendering and the blue hell's trail emulation creeps the hell outta me and i fall off my chair every time the camera goes inside Claude's head.

Edited by EddoWilliams2016
ermaccer

Just simply take the bike code from the GTA VC exe and convert it so it's compatible with GTA 3, then. Grab some good models for bikes and the mod is ready for release.

You think it is so simple?

• Like 6
Marsi4eg

Silent, could you tell what components exactly (and in what order) do you use in biplane and dodob dffs? I wanted to inject some other models instead of yours but they need to be edited a little to make rotors work properly etc. (for example I want to use another fulldodo model)

But your dffs are locked

I have already done Sparrow, native VC model doesn't work good - heli chassis was invisible through rotating rotors alpha - so there was a need to change components order in dff and re-export.

Anyway... I think you understand

5bd95f94cb4ct.jpg

Edited by Marsi4eg
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Sonicguy41

Yo' Silent, i found a way which will allow you to create III Bikes mod:

P.S: Is there a way to enable backface culling and get rid of that trail emulation in blue hell of GTA 3? Double sided rendering and the blue hell's trail emulation creeps the hell outta me and i fall off my chair every time the camera goes inside Claude's head.

Have you tested this method because i'm 100% certain that it won't as planned.

Silent

Obviously its gonna work, just give me 5 minutes.

PhillBellic

Silentsoft.

:^:

Quick question, are there invisible walls reaching above the Gas Pipelines extending out of Staunton Island? Could they case problems with flying?

• Like 1
gts.

Silent, could you tell what components exactly (and in what order) do you use in biplane and dodob dffs? I wanted to inject some other models instead of yours but they need to be edited a little to make rotors work properly etc. (for example I want to use another fulldodo model)

But your dffs are locked

I have already done Sparrow, native VC model doesn't work good - heli chassis was invisible through rotating rotors alpha - so there was a need to change components order in dff and re-export.

Anyway... I think you understand

5bd95f94cb4ct.jpg

Looks great. You will do a pack or are you planning release it as individual download? Also, you replaced some other aircraft model or is an add-on?

Fit in III perfectly.

Sonicguy41

It's easy just model a bike add Bike physics code and put an alpha channel on it and your done it'll take about a minute..it's not like people have been trying for 15 years to add bikes or anything and still haven't got anywhere

OT:The only problem with flying would be the loading screens.I can imagine that being a huge pain.

Edited by Sonicguy41
  • Like 1
comet_

It's easy just model a bike add Bike physics code and put an alpha channel on it and your done it'll take about a minute..it's not like people have been trying for 15 years to add bikes or anything and still haven't got anywhere

OT:The only problem with flying would be the loading screens.I can imagine that being a huge pain.

It's easier than that, actually. Just open the SilentPatch.ini and add ''Bikes=1'' and have fun :)

For loading screens you can do the same, it's very easy. If memory doesn't fail me, ''LoadingScreens=0'' should do the trick.

• Like 2
theNGclan

This is exaclty how I discovered the North Yankton DLC.

Just taking hex junk from one exe to another with HxD amirite

Edited by theNGclan
  • Like 1

Hahahahahahahaha How The f*ck Is Coding Real Hahahaha N*gga model a bike add Bike physics code and put an alpha channel on it Like N*gga it'll take about a minute Haha

• 2 weeks later...