Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,742 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Silent

III Aircraft

theNGclan

icon14.gif Looking great! Just a quick question, are you planning on bringing the III styled aircrafts to GTA:LC, or are they the ones from VC? I was just curious because I noticed the skimmer looked different.

nkjellman

Looks great. This video does bring some questions to my mind.

1. Is it possible to add this plane to Vice City too, with the GTA III Dodo sound added? I know about the vehicle loader in VC, but I'm not sure about the sounds being added. The full wing Dodo's that fly around VC are just like the ones in GTA III, except they have a different banner. They got the same audio when you go past them.

2. In the video, did I see an Airtrain in the water, moving at taxi speed? Not sure if it was in the water, or like the old bug in GTA LC where the plane acted like it was flying on the ground by moving fast and tilting, and in the air it acted like it was on the ground by moving slow and not tilting.

3. In VC, there is a mod that edits the map.zon file which greatly shortens the loading screen time between islands. It also makes it so the other islands have their regular LODs loaded, like on San Andreas. Can this be done for this mod as well? Computers are fast enough now to handle it, and even my iPod Touch 5g can handle it on VC.

Silent

1. I think so.

2. See the description.

2. But that's not a purpose of this mod, I guess?

œaœa

This is amazing. Please continue improving III. icon14.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

GTASanAndreas12345

Even if there was bike handling, it would be completely useless, also it would look weird if someone made a bike mod (like other people have) as Claude wouldn't be in a bike sitting animation, he'd be sat as if he's in a car.

Also, if you want bikes, get GTA LC tounge.gif

I think the reason bikes cannot be added is because the "bike" type in default.ide is nonexistent in GTA III. This isn't a problem with planes or helicopters because they use type "car" with special model and performance characteristics enabled. Programming a brand new vehicle type into the game would require significant modifications to the EXE.

nkjellman

From what it looks like, the game might be thinking the airtrains are boats. But I don't remember if GTA III has boats driving around in the rivers. But because the Airtrains are messed up, I'd recommend checking all the GTA III vehicles before you release, and make sure that the trains are on the El tracks in Portland, and in the Subway.

By the way, with your asi, I saw something about flying over insane stunt jumps. I remember if you fly a Dodo over one, it goes into the insane stunt jump mode where it slows down time and the camera is at a different perspective. In this, you should program a script so when in the aircraft you added (and the Dodo that was already in the game), they can't trigger insane stunt jumps so you don't fly over one accidentally. The two in the airport, I hit them a lot when I'm coming in from the north west to land.

Also for those waiting for the mod, I'll let you in on a little trick well you wait. This works on GTA III and GTA VC. Its a little easier to control on VC, but can be done on III.

1. Enter in the Rhino cheat to spawn a Rhino.

2. Enter in the flying cars cheat.

3. Aim your cannon so its pointing directly behind you.

4. Find a long stretch of road and take off well firing your cannon. Keep firing your cannon.

This will allow you to fly the Rhino around like the flying cars cheat in San Andreas. The cannon pushes it and keeps it from stalling. You can fly it as high as you want. Its a little easier to fly on Vice City, but in III you can do it if your gentle when you turn. If not you can loose control. You don't need any mods to do this (unless your on an Android, then you need the cheater app, but if your on iOS, you can't do it.)

J*star

What about a plane with 2 propellers like the beagle from GTA San Andreas?

Silent

I think the reason bikes cannot be added is because the "bike" type in default.ide is nonexistent in GTA III. This isn't a problem with planes or helicopters because they use type "car" with special model and performance characteristics enabled. Programming a brand new vehicle type into the game would require significant modifications to the EXE.

Finally someone knows what he's saying icon14.gif

icon14.gif  Looking great! Just a quick question, are you planning on bringing the III styled aircrafts to GTA:LC, or are they the ones from VC? I was just curious because I noticed the skimmer looked different.

They're a bit altered, maybe we'll reuse them in LC aswell, not sure.

Beagle isn't planned, but I'm going to add one more plane into the game (not Learjet nor Airtrain).

ToyGT_one

Beagle isn't planned, but I'm going to add one more plane into the game (not Learjet nor Airtrain).

which one Rustler? Cropduster? Stuntplane?or Biplane?

gtaloconbest98

(Did I just see the big white plane crash into water? )

How many plane/heli will you add into the game Silent?

Silent
(Did I just see the big white plane crash into water? )

Read the video description, ehh. I just fixed that issue anyway.

Dingleman

Wow, never thought I'd see the day! Very, very nice work Silent.

gtaloconbest98

Rockstar actually hint that they left the aircraft code on purpose so that someday someone will complete it.Nice work. biggrin.gif .But how did you capture screenshot or even making video in GTA III? bored.gif

ToyGT_one
Rockstar actually hint that they left the aircraft code on purpose so that someday someone will complete it.Nice work. biggrin.gif .But how did you capture screenshot or even making video in GTA III? bored.gif

Using some record program.

gtaloconbest98
Rockstar actually hint that they left the aircraft code on purpose so that someday someone will complete it.Nice work.  biggrin.gif .But how did you capture screenshot or even making video in GTA III?  bored.gif

I want to know what it is

Ash_735
Rockstar actually hint that they left the aircraft code on purpose so that someday someone will complete it.Nice work.   biggrin.gif .But how did you capture screenshot or even making video in GTA III?  bored.gif

FRAPS is what we use.

GTAKid667
@Dani5ooo - The Dodo was always flyable... confused.gif

He knows, that's why he put the " " over flyable, because he meant that now you can fly without hassle, you can fly it as a normal plane without actually having to practice just to get it in the air for longer than 5 seconds tounge.gif

Yeah, I know what he meant, I am just saying that there is no hassle once you get it in the air icon14.gif

SomeGuy86
@Dani5ooo - The Dodo was always flyable... confused.gif

He knows, that's why he put the " " over flyable, because he meant that now you can fly without hassle, you can fly it as a normal plane without actually having to practice just to get it in the air for longer than 5 seconds tounge.gif

Yeah, I know what he meant, I am just saying that there is no hassle once you get it in the air icon14.gif

Agreed, Dodo was indeed flyable, you just had to know what you're doing... sigh.gif

nkjellman
Rockstar actually hint that they left the aircraft code on purpose so that someday someone will complete it.Nice work.   biggrin.gif .But how did you capture screenshot or even making video in GTA III?  bored.gif

FRAPS is what we use.

Fraps is a nice program, but you have to pay to be able to record videos longer than 10 seconds.

GTASanAndreas12345

FRAPS is what we use.

Fraps is a nice program, but you have to pay to be able to record videos longer than 10 seconds.

30 seconds.

nkjellman

FRAPS is what we use.

30 seconds.

My bad. Should be infinity though.

GamerShotgun

Well, you can solve that by being a bloody rum-drinking pirate though.

Ash_735
My bad. Should be infinity though.

Well there are alternatives, but FRAPS didn't really cost that much to buy and allows full lossless RGB capture, etc, I dunno, it's been a worthy investment.

Alt

MSI Afterburner is free, provides good quality, lag less, produce smaller files.

Ash_735
MSI Afterburner is free, provides good quality, lag less, produce smaller files.

Smaller files usually means less quality, not tried that program, but I prefer to edit the files myself so I'd like the best quality coming in so we can tweak it going out ready for YouTube, etc. That's what makes up the difference to, less lag, it's because it's saving a lower quality lower bitrate file to the background where as FRAPS in normal mode is bigger, and lossless RGB mode is even bigger than that. But yeah, for most people, I guess the free thing should do fine.

Silent

Progressing nicely, just finished the steering (it was different than VC, less convenient + PC controls weren't finished). Not much left to do!

nkjellman
Progressing nicely, just finished the steering (it was different than VC, less convenient + PC controls weren't finished). Not much left to do!

Glad to hear it. I can't wait to play it.

But for the sake of it, I might decide to convert some models from GTA United over to GTA III so the empty roof tops can be fixed. Same thing applies with Vice City for the height limit fixes that raise VC's terrible height limit. That is if they give me permission.

gtaloconbest98

But for the sake of it, I might decide to convert some models from GTA United over to GTA III so the empty roof tops can be fixed. Same thing applies with Vice City for the height limit fixes that raise VC's terrible height limit. That is if they give me permission.

I hope they will.The roof are so annoying.Rockstar never excepted us to go there in the first place so they didn't complete the collision file yet.The thing that supposes to be solid isn't,but the ground below it IS.The only high places which have collision is on top of the broken bridge,the contruction side.

nkjellman

I hope they will.The roof are so annoying.Rockstar never excepted us to go there in the first place so they didn't complete the collision file yet.The thing that supposes to be solid isn't,but the ground below it IS.The only high places which have collision is on top of the broken bridge,the contruction side.

Staunton Island is the worst. Its got a lot of holes in the roofs. Shoreside Vale, there aren't very many missing roofs, and Portland, most of them are there. Collision is another story.

However, before you guys play this mod. Just some warnings.

1. Be very careful flying by the Callahan Bridge. You will probably run into an invisible wall along the sides and blow your self up/fall in the river.

2. Be careful when flying low over the water. The pipes in the water have invisible walls that stick up to about as high as the general street level on Staunton Island. This is why you can't drive boats over them because the wall is much taller than it looks. I wish Rockstar made a easy way to get boats around the pipes once all the islands are unlocked like let you go further south in the ocean so you can go around it, or have a destroyed portion.

3. Try not to fly over stunt jumps if you can help it. You may not have to worry about it though, as Silent may make it so Aircraft can't trigger a stunt jump.

Edit: I hope your not going to add a low height limit. I'm hoping that we can at least fly above all the buildings.

Edited by nkjellman

TJGM
Edit: I hope your not going to add a low height limit. I'm hoping that we can at least fly above all the buildings.

You've got nothing to worry about. smile.gif

user posted image