3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Marvel Cinematic Universe

darthYENIK

Lonely-Martin
12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well Deadpool 3 has been confirmed rated R by Kevin Feige, so hopefully it will open the door to some more adult stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if Moon Knight is a bit more grown up than anything Marvel have put out before it, I dunno about r rated but I can see it not being a "for all ages" show.

Oooh, nice. I do like hearing that they'll keep Deadpool a bit naughty. One franchise I feel would get plenty of heat had they trimmed it down. Good news.

Need to look up Moon Knight as I'm a late bloomer with the actual comics and wasn't too hot on many older cartoons if there was any back in the day. Though I read above a while back you're keen on that idea. :)

3 minutes ago, Zello said:

Disney owns Hulu. Just put some Marvel shows there for darker adult content.

Could be a good idea, plus I'm sure there'll be plenty of takers for some Marvel content too if need be. Not sure, do we get Hulu in the UK? If not, I'm sure there's other options available of course for non-US distribution though.

That said, I hope they do release plenty on disc as well one day, but I imagine not for a while if so, lol.

Zello
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Could be a good idea, plus I'm sure there'll be plenty of takers for some Marvel content too if need be. Not sure, do we get Hulu in the UK? If not, I'm sure there's other options available of course for non-US distribution though.

That said, I hope they do release plenty on disc as well one day, but I imagine not for a while if so, lol.

Hulu is only available in the US but Disney has plans they're going to launch a streaming service that is pretty much an international version of Hulu next month called Star it's just Hulu with a different name made for international countries.

• Like 2
Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Zello said:

Hulu is only available in the US but Disney has plans they're going to launch a streaming service that is pretty much an international version of Hulu next month called Star it's just Hulu with a different name made for international countries.

Ahh, cool. Cheers for the info. :)

Jason

Marvel TV very recently had some projects for Hulu, one of them actually aired (Helstrom) but it was canned after a season. I think Disney/Marvel are wanting to keep all MCU stuff together and with them acquiring Fox and whatnot I imagine Disney+ will expand with adult sections, so any R rated Marvel will would probably end up there.

4 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Need to look up Moon Knight as I'm a late bloomer with the actual comics and wasn't too hot on many older cartoons if there was any back in the day. Though I read above a while back you're keen on that idea. :)

He wears a pearly white costume cause he wants people to see he's coming and he gets his powers from the Egyptian God of the Moon... or maybe he doesn't, he might just be batsh*t insane. Taskmaster, who is in Black Widow, is able to match anyone's fight style (within his physical limits, anyway) but he can't match Moon Knight's cause it's so unpredictable due to Moon Knight being willing to deliberately get the sh*t kicked out of him to create openings.

And Oscar Isaac is playing him, so they've already nailed the casting, and seeing what they're doing in WandaVision and with the multi-verse stuff in future, Moon Knight's probably gonna be a trip.

Zello
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Marvel TV very recently had some projects for Hulu, one of them actually aired (Helstrom) but it was canned after a season. I think Disney/Marvel are wanting to keep all MCU stuff together and with them acquiring Fox and whatnot I imagine Disney+ will expand with adult sections, so any R rated Marvel will would probably end up there.

That's another reason why Marvel TV shows don't really impact much since like I think Marvel TV was separate from Marvel Studios and for a long time they let them do their own thing. I think there have also been complaints about Marvel TV's leadership being racist and not approving certain characters. But then they went through some restructuring and now Marvel TV is under Marvel studios or so.

Jason

Yea Marvel TV was a separate entity ran by Jeph Loeb under Ike Perlmutter, who is a gigantic twat so much so that Feige went directly to Bob Iger to get Marvel Studios out from under his control. It was Ike who was against things like Black Panther and for things like Inhumans, which is why that got lowkey dropped by Marvel Studios when Feige got full control of that.

Helstorm was started under Marvel TV but ended up being oversaw/finished by Marvel Studios when Marvel TV died and was folded into Feige's area. It was only really then that the TV MCU was born. I don't expect them to use Hulu or other places tbh, I think they'll keep it all under Disney+, even the more adult stuff. All the MCU under one roof pretty much, unless they fold Hulu into the Disney+ subscription anyway.

Lonely-Martin
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I forgot about Fox, we have that here on Sky so that's a cool potential too. Plus I was just thinking Family Guy went to Netflix here too so they could always strike up new deals if need be I'm sure. Though it'd be great to get a dark side to the Disney services as well.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

He wears a pearly white costume cause he wants people to see he's coming and he gets his powers from the Egyptian God of the Moon... or maybe he doesn't, he might just be batsh*t insane. Taskmaster, who is in Black Widow, is able to match anyone's fight style (within his physical limits, anyway) but he can't match Moon Knight's cause it's so unpredictable due to Moon Knight being willing to deliberately get the sh*t kicked out of him to create openings.

And Oscar Isaac is playing him, so they've already nailed the casting, and seeing what they're doing in WandaVision and with the multi-verse stuff in future, Moon Knight's probably gonna be a trip.

Definitely gonna be on the list, and much like Guardians of the Galaxy, it'll be cool to know less of a character and go into it unexpecting and hopefully pleasantly surprised. As much as I love Superman, Batman, Thor or Incredible Hulk and other more known characters and enjoy their outings, new one's are always welcome. The MCU has added many great characters over these years.

My lad is quite excited for the new Spider-Man having some old faces return and mix things up too. And though it is DC, The Flash TV show had plenty of that multiverse stuff going on as well, and I quite enjoyed the Miles Morales into the multiverse animated flick as well. 

Though had to laugh when you said Moon Knight is willing to take a kick in, lol. Had Kick Ass in mind for a moment there when outside the diner getting recorded! 🤣

• Like 1
Zello
12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Helstorm was started under Marvel TV but ended up being oversaw/finished by Marvel Studios when Marvel TV died and was folded into Feige's area. It was only really then that the TV MCU was born. I don't expect them to use Hulu or other places tbh, I think they'll keep it all under Disney+, even the more adult stuff. All the MCU under one roof pretty much, unless they fold Hulu into the Disney+ subscription anyway.

I just want to see the old Marvel Netflix shows revived.

I miss Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist.

Jason

I'm fine with the casting (well, Iron Fist can be recast for all I care) but I don't want the Netflix shows revived as they were.

If they're to bring back those four, start with a clean slate story wise and do it properly this time with the right powersets, the right characters, cameos, etc. Having some of Marvel's staple civilian characters nonchalantly killed off like Ben Urich would be a bit meh to make canon in the MCU. The big thing for me with street level Marvel was the random team ups, overlaps, and the widely connected underworld. It was all a bit fragmented in the Netflix shows not only from the MCU but even within each other, they weren't all on the same page beyond "Hand = bad".

Mr JoeStalin

WandaVision's trailer looked kinda boring so I haven't yet seen it, but I'll soon do it.

TheJesus1996

I wouldn't mind if they reboot Daredevil and Punisher as long as they keep their former actors... they're just too perfect for the roles, J. K Simmons reprised the role of J. J Jameson so here's hoping.

• 3 weeks later...
In45do

So no one going to talk about Wandavision latest episodes here? That show is full of surprises!

SPOILER ALERT:

Spoiler

I can't believe they "recast" Pietro with X-Men actor in the latest episode!

• Like 1
darthYENIK

I thought I posted something, but when I opened the text field for this page I saw this...

They’re doing it.  The crazy sons of bitches are doing it.

Jason

Yea the floodgates are now officially open at Marvel, I'm excited to see where they go with it. I imagine they might pull some unexpected stuff with Loki too, and the Spider-Man 3 rumours now don't seem at all far fetched.

The show is absolutely brilliant as well, hoping Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis get their spin off show as well, which is now apparently getting pitched to Marvel- an "Agents of Shield" style show actually set in the MCU will be very noice, the cameo possibilities will be off the chart.

Lonely-Martin

@Jason and @Zello, just to further our previous chat about older contemt on Disney+. I've seen a few times advertised on TV that Disney are adding 'Star' to their service with many more adult things like Deadpool or 24, Sons of Anarchy and Family Guy etc. Basically whatever Fox once offered, lol.

Good news I feel though. :)