2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

darthYENIK

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Is this The Guy?

Disney ups their bid to $71.3 billion and has been approved by the justice department so this could all be over soon

Jason

That could be interesting it if turns out to be the case. Perhaps that's how they'll sow the seeds for the now heavily rumoured Eternals film?

darthYENIK

Just got back from Ant-Man and the Wasp.  I think it’s better than the first one.  Not a ton better, but better.  A lot more action.

Of course, stick around for the stingers (no pun intended).  There is the standard mid credits scene followed by the after credits scene.  As you might guess, both have to do with Infinity War and the characters from Ant-Man and the Wasp’s potential involvement in Avengers 4.

And we still don’t have a name for Avengers 4!  I have a feeling they’re going to drop it after Captain Marvel.  Give us a couple months to marinate on it.  If anyone is crazy enough and able to pull something like that off, it’s Marvel Studios.  Mark my words, Avengers 4 will break all records and end up being the highest grossing movie ever.  It will beat Avatar.

Is this The Guy?

I liked it.  Was glad to see Scott’s crew all back in this one. And Evangeline lily is sexy as ever

also wanted to gather everyone’s thoughts on this...

So did the quantam realm save Scott or was he just part of the lucky 50%?

darthYENIK

The “quantum realm” is another dimension, like the Dark Dimension where Dormammu lives.  I assume the space and reality gems combined have the ability to penetrate other dimensions.  But who knows?

I do assume the “Time Vortex” that Janet mentions (I can’t believe I’m talking about what Janet Van Dyne said in a movie, great times we live in) will come into play.

darthYENIK
Posted (edited)

I hate this bullsh*t we are doing as a society where we dredge up the past of social media, where it’s impossible to determine context.  And condemning people.  If I was famous, I’d delete any of my social media post over a year old.  I might just do it anyway.

Edit: It would be great if the cast all sided with Gunn, and Disney was forced to take him back.

Anyway, I hope this means he goes back to full on horror.  Slither is one of my favorite movies.

Edited by darthYENIK

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I'm really f*cking upset about Gunn getting fired. He did such a damn good job with the first two Guardians movies.

Mr. Scratch
Posted (edited)

Gotta love Hollywood's hypocrisy, Gunn gets fired but for some reason Woody Allen still gets his ass kissed.

Edited by Mr. Scratch

Darth Yokel

What a moronic decision. He was obviously joking. I wonder if a boycott of Disney would work. They seem to respond to outrage rather quickly.

Is this The Guy?

Nice, finally.

Also looks like if this happens there is a huge chance that dark Phoenix and new mutants are going to be scrapped.

Whatever they plan to do in the future I do hope they keep McCavoy and Fassbender on as Professor X and Megneto, I mean if that is the direction they’re going in.

Homemade Dynamite
3 hours ago, Is this The Guy? said:

Nice, finally.

Also looks like if this happens there is a huge chance that dark Phoenix and new mutants are going to be scrapped.

Whatever they plan to do in the future I do hope they keep McCavoy and Fassbender on as Professor X and Megneto, I mean if that is the direction they’re going in.

I doubt they can scrap them entirely, since they've been filmed and are going through post-production. It's worth noting that Dark Phoenix went through reshoots, and some speculate that it was done to provide a conclusion to the series (whereas before it was supposed to be the start of a new trilogy). I wouldn't be surprised if New Mutants gets put as a streaming exclusive though.

As for McAvoy and Fassbender, as much as I like their performances, I imagine they're going to start fresh with the whole property when integrating them in the MCU.

darthYENIK

I don’t think they should keep the x-men cast.  The only characters I think who have been properly cast at Fox were Halle Berry as Storm, and Alan Cumming as Night Crawler.  This doesn’t include Deadpool, because he’s not a f*cking X-Man.  Hugh Jackman redefined Wolverine, and Professor X wasn’t Scottish.

It needs to be scrapped to do it all correctly anyway.  Singer never “got” X-Men.  He made some good movies, but he never got the true crux of the characters.  Even Brett Ratner understood them better, although his movie sucked.  So far, of the Fox made Marvel movies, I feel only Deadpool really hit that character in the bullseye, and the X-Men as a whole really, even though they don’t really show ALL of the X-Men.

Homemade Dynamite

I'm also hoping they do more than one movie at a time. There's so many X-Men characters and elements that you could create an entire universe just out of that, but the Fox movies did a bad job of showing it thanks to their need to hog Wolverine over and over again. There needs to be more prominent use of mutants, cosmic stories, the supernatural, and all that good stuff the X-Men have taken part in, to really capture just how massive it is. And then cross it over with the rest. You can't do that with one X-Men movie every 2-3 years.

Sounds like a lot, but I'm sure Feige can pull it off.

Darth Yokel
Posted (edited)

I was watching Thor Ragnarok again a couple of days ago and I noticed that Hella's pupper managed to bite through Hulk's skin and release some of the serum. Could that be why he wasn't strong enough in Infinity War to beat up Thanos and why Banner couldn't transform?

Edited by Darth Yokel

Jason
11 hours ago, Darth Yokel said:

I was watching Thor Ragnarok again a couple of days ago and I noticed that Hella's pupper managed to bite through Hulk's skin and release some of the serum. Could that be why he wasn't strong enough in Infinity War to beat up Thanos and why Banner couldn't transform?

Nah, Hulk wasn't created through a serum, it was exposure to gamma radiation.

The writers have stated that he couldn't Hulk-out because the Hulk had lost interest in saving Banner. They didn't show that particularly well in the film, though.

Is this The Guy?

Infinity war out on digital video.  I don’t usually purchase first day but this was a first day buy for me.

Probably going to get the blu Ray as well

darthYENIK

I’m very tempted to do the same.

I can wait 2 weeks, and save $20.

Corndawg93

Does anyone know if The Runaways, Cloak and Dagger and The Gifted are in anyway related to the MCU

D418

I'm pretty sure The Runaways and Cloak & Dagger are in the MCU.
Not sure about The Gifted, but I think it's part of the Fox X-Men universe.

Forty

@D418 has it.

Runaways and Cloak & Dagger are confirmed part of the MCU proper.

The Gifted is part of Fox as mentioned.

Craigsters
Posted (edited)

waiting on the payperview rental of Avengers: Infinity War, right now my internet/TV/phone provider is only selling Avengers: Infinity War, They'll probably start renting it out on payperview at the end of the month early September 

Edited by Craigsters

feckyerlife
On 8/11/2018 at 6:58 AM, Craigsters said:

waiting on the payperview rental of Avengers: Infinity War, right now my internet/TV/phone provider is only selling Avengers: Infinity War, They'll probably start renting it out on payperview at the end of the month early September 

you can rent here in the us tomorrow

Craigsters

22 hours ago, feckyerlife said:

you can rent here in the us tomorrow

yea it was available for rent here today too, I watched it, and  wont say anything so as not to ruin it for others, only that it's worth watching 

Edited by Craigsters

feckyerlife
49 minutes ago, Craigsters said:

yea it was available for rent here today too, I watched it, and  wont say anything so as not to ruin it for others, only that it's worth watching 

too me its one of the top 3 marvel films

deadx23

😮the only movie's I haven't seen are the first two Thor movies.i re-watched infinity again (it's on show-box) 

This is awesome 

Edited by deadx23