Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,289 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

darthYENIK

Marvel Cinematic Universe

darthYENIK
Posted (edited)

Im excited that another Avengers movie will be coming out in a year, and we dont even know the full title.

My bets are Infinity Gauntlet or Ultimate Avengers (I know there was no comic called Ultimate Avengers, but calling it The Ultimates would confuse those who dont know that)

Followed by a partial reboot of the MCU and calling it, of course, the Ultimate Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Edit: sh*t, forget those other titles, I think it will be called Avengers Assemble.

Edited by darthYENIK

Is this The Guy?

Avengers Reassemble?

darthYENIK
Posted (edited)

Yeah, that sounds good.

PS...

Edited by darthYENIK

Jason

Feige has been pretty adamant that A4's subtitle isn't "Infinity Gauntlet". In a recent interview he said that the films name has been blown out of proportion, they just didn't want to make a big deal out of it while IW was still their focus. But if I had to guess I'd go with "Avengers Assemble" too.

Also, Ant-Man and the Wasp is gonna be such a weird experience after IW, looks good though and it looks like they tripled down on the size changing action which is always a good thing.

Mr. Scratch

Forget about Ant-Man, the more important question is why wasn't Hawkeye in this movie?

Darth Yokel

Just came back from the movie theater. It was f*ckin' awesome. I managed to avoid all the spoilers and it was worth it. Now I can't wait for the next one. It's midnight here so I won't comment on the movie further now, I wanna sleep. I'll say that it's easily the best Avengers movie.

Zoobz

I think the directors mentioned how Avengers 4 title was a "slight" spoiler for Infinity War, so they're holding off announcing it for a little bit.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Just got back from my second viewing. I almost never see a movie in theaters twice, but this movie is special. It's even better the second time. Thor is f*cking badass, Thanos even more-so.

Quick question for fellow viewers though:

What exactly does the Soul Stone do? I didn't catch it during my first viewing so I went into my second viewing paying extra close attention about it, but I couldn't find a scene where Thanos used it.

Jimmy
Posted (edited)

Just got back from my second viewing. I almost never see a movie in theaters twice, but this movie is special. It's even better the second time. Thor is f*cking badass, Thanos even more-so.

What exactly does the Soul Stone do? I didn't catch it during my first viewing so I went into my second viewing paying extra close attention about it, but I couldn't find a scene where Thanos used it.

I think it was used when Thanos battled Doctor Strange on titan. If you take a look at that scene, the Soul Stone in the Gauntlet lights up. When Strange made clones of himself to battle him, the soul stone came into play as it should be able to identify things with a soul thus helping him determine which Strange was real.

Edited by Jimmy

Shadowfennekin

Still pissed about the lack of Korg

But Infinity War was good

Jason
Posted (edited)

I think it was used when Thanos battled Doctor Strange on titan. If you take a look at that scene, the Soul Stone in the Gauntlet lights up. When Strange made clones of himself to battle him, the soul stone came into play as it should be able to identify things with a soul thus helping him determine which Strange was real.

There were prelude comics that implied that the soul stone is, at least potentially, the most powerful of the stones. It essentially gives the power over life and death, I assume it was the last piece of the puzzle and the stone that allowed Thanos to wipe out half the universe with the snap.

In the comics there's also some wackyness with it, it contains a whole world in its self (Soulworld) which Gamora has a pretty big history with. There's some speculation that the scene with her and Thanos after the snap takes place in there.

(just so no one who hasn't seen the film is tempted, don't click that unless you want a major spoiler lol)

Edited by Jason

Jimmy

There's some speculation that the scene with her and Thanos after the snap takes place in there.

(just so no one who hasn't seen the film is tempted, don't click that unless you want a major spoiler lol)

There might be big chance that the above is correct in itself. Also:

Do you think that the obliterated souls went in that world inside the Soul Stone?

Jason

There's some speculation that the scene with her and Thanos after the snap takes place in there.

Do you think that the obliterated souls went in that world inside the Soul Stone?

Aye, I do. I think that's how they're gonna bring those people back and anyone killed after is a goner.

Jimmy

Aye, I do. I think that's how they're gonna bring those people back and anyone killed after is a goner.

Now, we know that Captain Marvel's going to be a part of the next installment. It'd be interesting to see how she helps the others devise a plan for getting hold of the gauntlet to bring everyone back. At first I was expecting the characters to be re-born or something in the finale but freeing them from the soul stone world would make more sense.

Jason

There's a few good theories going about, it could go down a few ways. Looking forward to see how they unravel it eitherway, they left a few teases in IW for it.

feckyerlife

I believe there are only 2 that are truly dead - Loki and Heimdall. Vision is a toss up and Gamora will be stuck in soul stone. Most of the serious major deaths will come in the next movie

Jimmy

I believe there are only 2 that are truly dead - Loki and Heimdall. Vision is a toss up and Gamora will be stuck in soul stone. Most of the serious major deaths will come in the next movie

I believe Chris Evans will be exiting the franchise so the next movie is probably the last one for him if that's the case. I don't imagine them making a Vol. 3 of the Guardians without Gamora. And as far as Vision goes, I expect Stark and Banner to rebuild him somehow. With Shuri's help maybe.

Is this The Guy?

I believe Chris Evans will be exiting the franchise so the next movie is probably the last one for him if that's the case. I don't imagine them making a Vol. 3 of the Guardians without Gamora. And as far as Vision goes, I expect Stark and Banner to rebuild him somehow. With Shuri's help maybe.

Im thinking that maybe Gamora stays gone in avengers 4 and gotg volume 3 is about the remaining guardians getting her back.

SmokesWithCigs

Sadly the deal with Fox wont be finalized until later this year so Unless they already cut a little side deal I dont expect the F4 or Surfer to be making any appearances :(

I am also waiting for Nova though. Apparently he was a part of the first Guardians of the Galaxy script but he was taken out.

They also wanted to include a character called ROM in GotG, but he didn't make it. He was originally a tie-in to an old toy, but Marvel created this whole mythos around him and the robotic Space Knights. So whilst they couldn't include ROM, Marvel owns literally everything else that was created around him.

I'd just love to see all these obscure characters in Infinity War, just a huge chaotic battle that fans could pause and see tiny, second-long cameos of characters from the comics.

Ihope they add Adam warlock and quasar to the team

deadx23

I just saw avengers this weekend and what the hell?

teen Groot last word to rocket was "dad" :cry:

I think gamora will stay dead unless her sister steels the gauntlet and somehow revives her somehow I mean if she's still inside the soul stone she still died naturally instead of disintegrating like half the universe

Matrelith

Watched Infinity War last Tuesday in the cinema. I'm honestly impressed how they managed to fit 10 years of movies with dozens of lead characters into a three hour spectacle.

Honestly did not expect that ending though, with pretty much half of the cast vanishing. Of course deep down I know they'll be back somewhere in Avengers 4 (death is usually just a hassle in these movies) but it still felt like a bold move, at least for the short term.

Also those three hours felt a lot shorter. At the end scene after the snap with Thanos sitting down, I thought to myself ''alright, bring on the final act!'' only for the movie to end.

RARusk

Chaise
Posted (edited)

Finally went to go see this tonight and damn probably my favorite Marvel movie I've seen at least since I was a kid. Thanos is probably the best villain they've ever had for a super hero film imo, because he wasn't just evil for the sake of being evil, and it truly felt like no one stood a chance against him no matter who he was fighting.

Edited by Chaise

Is this The Guy?

Looks like Marvel and Sony are in talks with Jake Gyllenhaal to play villain Mysterio in Spider-Man sequel.

Typhus

Looks like Marvel and Sony are in talks with Jake Gyllenhaal to play villain Mysterio in Spider-Man sequel.

If he takes the role, he needs to ham it up like crazy. Just be a complete cackling megalomaniac. Mysterio is one of those villains who really, really doesn't need to be darker and grittier. He's a complete diva, it's what makes him so entertaining.

Mr. Scratch

Isn't he going to be the next Batman as well?

Zello

Isn't he going to be the next Batman as well?

He said no

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

Comcast put in a $65 billion dollar all cash bid to buy most of 21st century Fox after their deal to buy AT&T was cleared to go through.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/13/media/comcast-fox-bid/index.html

Now the ball is in Fox's court. The company's board will need to determine whether Comcast's offer is reasonably likely to be better than Disney's. If they do, they will start negotiating with Comcast. 

Should the board decide Comcast has the better deal, Disney would have five days to come up with a counter

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Edited by Is this The Guy?

darthYENIK

The only good thing about these buyouts is that Marvel would get X-Men and Fantastic Four movie rights.  Comcast has no upside to it.

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

I know that’s why it’s making me so nervous 

Edited by Is this The Guy?