Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,895 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

darthYENIK

Marvel Cinematic Universe

RARusk

Jason

Ever since the MCU became a thing it's been one of the great what-if's in the entertainment industry and it's actually happened. Exciting for the MCU, the return of the Fantastic Four rights are asbsolutely massive and by far the biggest part of the deal if you ask me, all the cosmic characters are now back, a top tier Avenger villain in Kang and Marvel's greatest villain in Doom.

Leftist Bastard

SO yeah won't say i'm not kind of gutted because this means the end of the current line of movies 21st is working on but I am interested to see where this all goes now. Hopefully they do something good with Doom since he has massive potential as a villain; and the Fantastic Four can finally be done right.

I am curious if this move was prompted by the end of this phase; and the new phase will have to be absolutely MASSIVE.

Homemade Dynamite

O7JUHSu.jpg

Homemade Dynamite

Hey guys, if this was Phase Four from 2019 to 2024, how would you feel?

2019:
  • Spider-Man: Graduation
2020:
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
  • Doctor Strange 2
  • Fantastic Four (reboot)
  • Deadpool 3
2021:
  • X-Men (reboot)
  • Black Panther 2
  • Ant-Man 3
  • Captain Marvel 2
2022:
  • Spider-Man: Reunion
  • Avengers/X-Men: Secret Invasion
  • Young Avengers
  • Doctor Strange 3
2023:
  • Nova
  • The Coming of Galactus
  • Thunderbolts
  • Fantastic Four 2
2024:
  • X-Force
  • Ghost Rider (reboot)
  • X-23
  • Secret Wars

I suspect they're going to bump the number of movies from three to four a year, due to the Fox acquisition they'd want to be able to do as much new stuff as possible while also making sequels to their established movies. If Phase Four is something like this, would you like it?

Typhus

I want a Namor movie, because despite sometimes fighting bad people, he behaves like a 1930's Golden Age supervillain, complete with overblown monologues and insane "DESTROY THE SURFACE WORLD!!!11!" schemes. Plus it would be hilarious to see this complete drama queen interact with the other MCU characters.

RARusk

25442807_10214744194979770_7784925089630

Jason

~snip

X-Force 2024, hiss. Really was the one X-film I was looking forward to it, hope it doesn't get canned and sees the light out of day in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised if your list is close to accurate, though I really do want them to skip the Galactus "origin" story of him coming to Earth and trying to eat it. He's a way better character when he's one of the big cosmic players and used as one of the big set pieces in a cosmic arc. Annihilation with Galactus would be 10/10 for me.

Jimmy

Fantastic Four reboot was released in 2015. Why do they want another reboot anyway?

Dbzk1999

Fantastic Four reboot was released in 2015. Why do they want another reboot anyway?

Why not? Itd be a chance to actually get Marvels First Family right for a change

darthYENIK

They had two Amazing Spider-Man movies in the last five years, that didnt stop them from making another reboot when they could get him in the MCU.

Jason

Yea there's a difference between yet another reboot and an MCU reboot.

Journey_95

I'm glad the Fantastic Four are coming back (mostly because of the villians) but I'm not sure how to feel about the X-Men. Fox's franchise was overall a trainwreck but there were some good movies there and I always felt that the X-Men fit better in their own universe

Jimmy

I'm glad the Fantastic Four are coming back (mostly because of the villians) but I'm not sure how to feel about the X-Men. Fox's franchise was overall a trainwreck but there were some good movies there and I always felt that the X-Men fit better in their own universe

Makes me wonder on how to react with X-Men being in the same Universe as MCU.

Jason

Excluding R-Rated films they will potentially (probably) do like Deadpool 3, maybe an X-Force, I think the main downside to X-Men joining the MCU is that the general X-Men films will lose their "edge". That said, on the bright side we will almost definitely see way more accurate versions of characters. Cyclops, Storm and Kitty in particular would suit the MCU way better.

Homemade Dynamite

I think everyone wants to see an FF movie done right, so that will likely be Disney's first priority I'd imagine.

darthYENIK

Yeah. The X-Men, although not perfect, have seen okay success on screen. Fantastic Four has not ever seen real success.

I can see them letting Dark Phoenix be the finale of the old X-men. And rebooting in Phase 4 at some point.

I can also see them having the foresight of bringing Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool into the MCU, complete with meta jokes about the change in universe. Hopefully, they have the brains to do Deadpool 3, bring back the full cast of X-Men and maybe even Fantastic Four, and make it 'Deadpool Kills the X-Men Universe'. Then the first full MCU Deadpool installment make 'Deadpool vs Deadpool'. In a perfect world, that makes the most sense. Basically the 'Deadpool Kills' trilogy without 'Deadpool Killustrated'.

SmokesWithCigs

Because that reboot sucked donkey ass thats why.

Conici

Do you seriously think this is a good question?

Typhus

The thing about the Fantastic Four they need to get right is that Reed isn't just a scientist, he's not even a nerd, he's an outright sociopath. It's really fascinating. Remember the whole Civil War thing? Well, he was in the comics, and whilst everyone else was beating themselves up about how awful it was to have to fight their friends, what was Reed doing? sh*t, he was over the Moon! Because suddenly he had a chance to test all his craziest ideas, like a Thor clone and a prison in the negative zone - testing them, mind you, on his own friends.

And then there's the fact that his whole family were horribly mutated, and then he renamed them after himself and whored out their images to make himself rich.

He's so wonderfully detached from normal human emotion that it's actually kind of hilarious. They need to portray him less as a hero, and more like a gigantic egomaniac doing these insane scientific stunts for his own amusement.

Homemade Dynamite

What movies do you think we're getting in the future after Avengers 4? This isn't "movies I want", but "movies I think will happen".

So far, the ones confirmed are Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 & 3, Doctor Strange 2, Black Widow, and X-Men and Fantastic Four films. They said they have at least twenty planned after Avengers 4, and that gives us at least seven of them.

Also, keep in mind that Phase Four will explore new places and timelines. It's said that movies after Avengers 4 will be set both before or after the movie in two distinct periods. Also, keeping this in mind, there's one movie I think that's going to be made that's making me happy, especially with the recent Fox acquisition.

a5416f655c19e891610ff52892ea6b6a.jpg

YOUNG AVENGERS!!!

You know why I think that? Given the above news, combined with a casting call that was made in November for a set of twin boys, aged two, to appear in the movie, it seems more likely than ever. For those of you who don't know, Vision and Scarlet Witch had a pair of twins in the comics. Those twins became YA members Wiccan and Speed. The two have also shown to be romantically involved in Infinity War. And we're exploring new places and timelines. Everything is just adding up to a Young Avengers movie, which I would really like because it would finally give the young superhero team representation in the cinematic universe.

Not to mention the original comic had a creative use of mutants, cosmic elements, time travel, and Fantastic Four that could only be made possible by the acquisition (theoretically a YA movie was possible before, but would have to have been severely stripped down). If they do indeed announce a Young Avengers movie for Phase Four, I will have totally called it.

What movies you think will be happening in the future after Avengers 4? Feel free to share your thoughts and speculations.

Typhus

With the positive response to Ghost Rider in Agents of SHIELD, I think it's possible that they might just try a standalone movie.

Jason

Doubtful imo, might get a TV show but I think Ghost Rider as a film character is dead for a good while. Barring the Fox take over getting blocked, the next 12 years of the MCU pick them selves really. Fantastic Four trilogy, X-Men films + solos, sequels to Dr Strange, Panther, Spidey, Captain Marvel and we undoubtedly won't see the end of the Avengers after Infinity War part 2 either, Gunn has implied the Guardians will live on past Volume 3 too.

Darth Yokel

There's something about a giant Hello Kitty Pez dispenser that makes me so happy.

Is this The Guy?

^^^yes! Can’t wait

Journey_95

Looks good, the first Ant-Man already surprised me. Still I'm not that hyped for this movie, compared to Black Panther and especially Infinity War

darthYENIK

Yeah, I think Ant-Man and the Wasp is going to go over in a similar way that Iron Man 3 did. Infinity War will come out, and leave people with their jaw on the floor. Then theyll go see AMatW and just be like, meh. But that doesnt mean its going to be bad. Infinity War will be a hard act to follow. Especially when its a month later.

Jason

Looks good but yea, I don't disagree with darth. Going from the gigantic scale of IW to Ant-Man and the Wasp is a bit of a come down. I think Marvel know it's not gonna hit Thor/Guardians numbers at the box office so it should still do well. Crazy that they're releasing it so soon after IW imo, must be Disney clearing out the fall for their other films or something? Marvel have nothing there next year.

darthYENIK

So apparently Marvel Studios arent making plans for the X-Men, yet.

Which I get. Dont rush things. Rushing Spidey into the MCU was easy. One major character, who can slide right in with minimal explanation. X-men are hard. You have to introduce a completely new aspect of the MCU into the lore. Mutants. Only after that can you then have a full team of them all with their own back story and history, that you could potentially break up into several movies and bring it all together in one, like what was done in phase 1.