1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HeliWolf420

DC Cinematic Universe (Batman, Supes, Aquaman, and more)

Star-Lord

I absolutely loved it and it gets 5 thumbs up from me. :^:

This movie was all Superman, as he stoled the show theoretically speaking. Me being a Supes fanboy, i was tickled-pink and enjoy every on screen moment... however, not enough in my eyes or opinion. They portrayed Batman as weak, old aged but amazingly smart and clever.

Vigilante88

Disappointing. TBH I already knew I wasn't gonna like it when I seen the runtime. Smh clearly not enough time for a movie like this.

Way to go DCEU. Waste of time and characters.

Man... if Affleck really does leave his role as Batman, I'll be done with the DCEU. He's the only one keeping me interested. I like him as Batman and anybody else will completely ruin it for me, he's actually the first actor I like as Batman. I didn't like Bale, Clooney, or Kilmer, and Keaton was whatever. Adam West will always be a favorite, but Affleck is the one I want to see in future movies as Batman.

Girish

I'll agree that Clooney, Kilmer and Keaton were pretty average as Wayne/Batman but Bale was quite convincing as a real-life Batman and Nolan's story-line meant that you didn't have to focus on Bale all the time. For Snyder's adaption, there are hardly any interesting characters accompanying Batman so you need a really strong character to play the role. Affleck is good, yes, but there may be someone better around the corner. Maybe a new Batman will breath some fresh air into the DCEU. Also, bring back some classic villains instead of giving us a Batman who's already fought and done with them.

Homemade Dynamite

Birds of Prey, a hard-R girl gang movie, is coming in 2020. It stars Harley Quinn (reprised by Margot Robbie) and details are supposed to be officially revealed tomorrow. There have been leaks that it stars:

Harley Quinn
Lady Shiva
Black Canary
Huntress
Katana
Cassandra Cain

David Cain appears as the main villain.

The leaked plot will be about the Birds of Prey rescuing Cass from her father. Granted, take this with a grain of salt, but multiple people are saying this and we'll find out soon. What do you think? I'm just glad Cass may finally be getting some spotlight!

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Homemade Dynamite

Queen
3 hours ago, Homemade Dynamite said:

What are your thoughts?

I honestly wished they'd just give up already. Haven't they done enough harm to these great characters? With the exception of Wonder Woman, these movies have been absolutely awful!

JaberDoe
12 hours ago, Queen said:

I honestly wished they'd just give up already. Haven't they done enough harm to these great characters? With the exception of Wonder Woman, these movies have been absolutely awful!

I also feel feel like this Cinematic Universe is hopeless.  Though, I don't agree on all them being bad (I only liked Man of Steel and LOVED BvS), Justice League (2017) was the absolute biggest disappointment as a DC fan.

Horrible. After that, I just wanted a reboot.  Even if I did like this version of Wonder Woman and Batman, it's not enough.  

giphy.gif

Jason

They need to stop throwing together these ensemble films before they put out solo films. The charm of seeing these characters on screen quickly goes when they're limited to only a few minutes of screen time and a couple of lines of dialogue total. The ensemble films are the pay-off, not the day to day.

darthYENIK

Richard Power Colt

That "Teaser trailer" pretty much summed up the whole plot of the movie.

Anyway that actually looks really fun and something I might watch despite not caring about the DCEU.

Is this The Guy?

Holy Black Manta, Aquaman looks insane.  

TheSpectre

Both trailers were good. Both movies look promising.

Zello

So Henry Cavill left or wants to leave. Is it a rumor or is it real?

Edited by Zello

DexMacLeod
6 hours ago, Zello said:

So Henry Cavill left or wants to leave. Is it a rumor or is it real?

The reporting on it's been terrible. It started as a confident rumor but the re-reporters jumped on it as if it's a fact and blew it out of proportion. Now people are saying he's still negotiating and WB put out "fake news" to gauge the fanbase's reaction. Seems unlikely to me. If anything Cavill's people would have been the ones to drum up conversation and get their guy a bigger payday.

My guess is their still trying to work out a deal or already have. I don't understand what Cavill was trying to say with that super weird video of him with a Superman doll but it doesn't seem like something he would have done if he were absolutely not coming back.

On the other hand it doesn't sound like they have plans to make another Superman movie anytime soon so they're pretty much asking him to keep his schedule open so he can do glorified cameos in other DC movies. Might be a tough sell for someone who just keeps getting busier and busier. 

Corndawg93

Justice League isn't that bad to be frank, some bad CGI but that's about it

Edited by Corndawg93

Funktipus
On 7/16/2018 at 9:12 PM, Jason said:

They need to stop throwing together these ensemble films before they put out solo films. The charm of seeing these characters on screen quickly goes when they're limited to only a few minutes of screen time and a couple of lines of dialogue total. The ensemble films are the pay-off, not the day to day.

The corporate suits got greedy and ruined everything.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/henry-cavill-as-superman-warner-bros-dc-universe-shake-up-1142306

Zello

Not related to the DCEU but since I didn't see a thread for it any thoughts on the Joaquin Phoenix joker film?

I find it crazy that they're already filming it compared to how the DCEU slowly moves.

DexMacLeod

I'm not all that into the idea of a Joker stand alone film but I like that DC's thinking outside of the gigantic budget/big spectacle box and making a cheaper and smaller film. I hope it turns out well and they do more of them. 

darthYENIK

I don’t.  Just copy f*cking Marvel, for sh*t’s sake, and then after years of awesome comic accurate movies, then you do low budget out of the box stuff.

Jimmy
1 hour ago, darthYENIK said:

I don’t.  Just copy f*cking Marvel, for sh*t’s sake, and then after years of awesome comic accurate movies, then you do low budget out of the box stuff.

Exactly. Why does joker even need his own film? I always kind of saw his story being told parallel to that of Batman during his appearances in comics or even animated. Also, they should have kept Jared Leto.

Jason

I wasn't interested at all cause it's an elseworld story with no Bats but seeing Phoenix in character, idk, I'm kinda curious about it now. DC's attempt at rushing out a carbon copy of Marvel's plan failed miserably so eh, I'm game for them doing some lower budget and riskier stuff with their properties. (Hellblazer film pls and thanx)

Nihilist.

I don't know what to think about it all. WB keeps doing risky moves believing they know the best, similarly to what Kathleen Kennedy does with Star Wars, and tries to take what people fell in love in the first place, and turn it into something SHE would like. Time and time again, DCEU movies failed to meet fan expectations, just look at the Joker, Ridd.. I mean Luthor and Starfire (gotta mention her, even if she doesn't belog to the cinematic universe. She's so bad). And now Black Canary. If they keep messing around with the source material, they're only going to lose their target audience - fans of the comics.

Todd Phillips' Joker may be the only movie based on comics right now I'm fully okay with, and I'm open for its creative freedom. Reason being its detachment from any continuity. It's a stand alone elseworld story, so even if there's Joker sharing the stage with GG Allin and throwing their feces at the audience, I wouldn't say a word. As for the rest, I expect accurate adaptation of the source material and I'm not interested in any out of the box reimaginings made by some executives who don't even read comics. Looking at you, Birds of Prey.

Funktipus
On 9/27/2018 at 12:40 PM, darthYENIK said:

I think it's too late for that....you're talking about a another reboot, right?

TheSpectre

If it's true that both Affleck and Cavill are leaving the DCEU, it's a real mess they've got on their hands. I mean they've still got four of the six Justice League members committed to their roles, but it might not be enough because Batman and Superman are easily their biggest characters.

I'm interested in what Matt Reeves has planned for his Batman trilogy.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Jimmy
6 hours ago, TheFoxRiverFugitive said:

If it's true that both Affleck and Cavill are leaving the DCEU, it's a real mess they've got on their hands. I mean they've still got four of the six Justice League members committed to their roles, but it might not be enough because Batman and Superman are easily their biggest characters.

I'm interested in what Matt Reeves has planned for his Batman trilogy.

DCEU is a mess right now. What's the point in more Batman movies anyway? We've had enough of those throughout the years. The remaining Justice League characters still have scope and with good direction they can be made into good movies. There was a lot of discrimination to the Flash movie because of CW's version but the take on both is different and people need to understand that. Surely Cavill and Affleck's departure will leave a huge mark but this is the part where we determine whether the remaining characters have actual potential to keep everything going. If not, the DCEU is a waste of time.

Is this The Guy?

I’m loving this. Definitely going to go see in theaters

Edited by Is this The Guy?

Jason

DC have reportedly recruited James Gunn to write and possibly direct Suicide Squad 2.

Didn't take long for DC to make their move on him then lol.

Flash525

The DCEU needs some work, for sure. What it doesn't need however is a reboot. Just a better direction, and a bit more thought on the part of WB. If Affleck and Cavil are out, then those characters need to be recast, not left in the wind. In the meantime, they should focus on assembling the remaining JL characters and telling their stories.

I'm convinced that Aquaman, WW84, and Shazam will be successful, then they really need to sort that Flash solo out. If they're struggling for a script with him and Cyborg (if they still intend to use that character) then throw them together and do a Star Labs Story (of sorts). After that, we need an introduction to the Lantern Corps (coincidentally, I'd have thought if anything, this is where James Gunn would come into play) but needless to say, he's going to focus on Suicide Squad 2; I'm hoping he can do good with that, though I'd be tempted to go with a completely different roster. Harley Quinn (as of SS1) has been rescued by the Joker, and I could do without Will Smith playing himself again if I'm honest. Wouldn't mind seeing Jai Courtney back as Boomerang though; he was one of the highlights for me of the first film. 

So yeah, Aquaman, WW84 and Shazam fall-2018 & launch-2019. Flash/Cyborg and SS2 for 2020 (hopefully). Lantern Corps and (maybe Hawkgirl?) for 2021, then JL sequel for 2022/2023 (with or without Affleck & Cavil).

RARusk

RARusk