1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HeliWolf420

DC Cinematic Universe (Batman, Supes, Aquaman, and more)

darthYENIK

The one thing about the death of Superman in BvS is that they didn't beat around the bush. We know the story. Superman will come back with long hair. And they didn't leave it on a cliff hanger. They show the dirt floating so even the comic laymen know what's going to happen in Justice League.

I've read a little of the Rebirth Superman. I think what Superman (as a movie) needs, obviously, is to lighten up. Bring in Jon Kent (Clark and Lois' son) as seen in Rebirth. Now hear me out. With Jon Kent they can redux Superman's origin. They can right the wrongs we all felt with MoS. Clark and Lois can teach Jon to be a hero the right way, not to hide your gift out of fear like the fake ass Costner Pa Kent.

That would probably piss people off, as well because people just want a Superman movie. Just a normal saving metropolis and not being a sourpuss Superman movie.

Queen

Part of me wishes they'd scrap the whole thing and start fresh. This universe takes itself way too seriously. It could use more humor and dare I say likable characters. I can't say that I like these versions of the characters. Clark Kent isn't goofy, nor is he particularly charming. He's bland and boring. Lois Lane doesn't even seem much like a catch. Again, as I've said, I like this version of Batman ... but Superman is a f*cking train wreck. It's difficult to root for my favorite comic book heroes when this is the product. And God knows I want to love it. I've even convinced myself at times, but deep down I know the fans deserve so much better.

Edited by Queen

IDredMan

Man, you wanna waste more movies introducing new characters? We're past the hard part... Let's just start making movies about established characters.

Queen

No, I'd say cut the cord and give it time before diving back in. This new universe felt forced from the beginning, and the further along we go the more strained it feels. Maybe the Wonder Woman movie will help reverse this, but the damage is already done. I'm just disappointed and was hoping for something more.

EvolvedWalker

Suicide Squad Extended Cut is coming.

IDredMan

Suicide Extende-- No.

Queen

I'm interested to see what they've added. I actually enjoyed the theatrical version.

By the way, did anyone catch this?

Wolfsbane Franklin

No, I'd say cut the cord and give it time before diving back in. This new universe felt forced from the beginning, and the further along we go the more strained it feels. Maybe the Wonder Woman movie will help reverse this, but the damage is already done. I'm just disappointed and was hoping for something more.

Exactly, scrapped the whole universe, replace all the actors (especially Batfleck, which was equally terrible as Batman and has proven that it was a mistake to pick him in the first place), reboot in five years time to get rid of this horrible taste of this ridiculous DC cinematic universe.

Mr. Scratch

Did we watch the same movies? Because Affleck was easily the best portrayal of Batman so far.

Coin

Don't know if I'd say he was the best, but I'd definitely say he ended up being a good cast (especially after all the outcry after the announcement there of).

UshaB

As far as how physicality and intimidation goes Batfleck is the best, greatly emphasized with the, "Dun dun dun dun...Dun" score for him .

The whole killing thing diverted him from that, "Justice" persona, however that was his story arc in BvS to be a monster and to be enlightened once more. At least he didn't retire though.....that we know of.

As far as the persona goes, I don't know Keaton or Bale maybe?

Wolfsbane Franklin

Did we watch the same movies? Because Affleck was easily the best portrayal of Batman so far.

As far as how physicality and intimidation goes Batfleck is the best, greatly emphasized with the, "Dun dun dun dun...Dun" score for him .

The whole killing thing diverted him from that, "Justice" persona, however that was his story arc in BvS to be a monster and to be enlightened once more. At least he didn't retire though.....that we know of.

Yes, Batfleck was the worst Batman ever. The best will always be Keaton and then Bale. I could not believe they got this hack to direct a Batman film. I guess WB wants to kill off whatever goodwill left for this pathetic DCEU by letting Atfleck to kill Batman the same way he killed Daredevil

Edited by Wolfsbane Franklin

Mr. Scratch

Have you even seen a movie he directed or are you just talking out of your ass?

AlienTwo

Yes, Batfleck was the worst Batman ever. The best will always be Keaton and then Bale. I could not believe they got this hack to direct a Batman film. I guess WB wants to kill off whatever goodwill left for this pathetic DCEU by letting Atfleck to kill Batman the same way he killed Daredevil

I'm pretty sure you aren't paying attention to anything and just hate Ben Affleck.. Which I get, believe me, i was pissed as hell when I heard he be Bats but holy sh*t did I eat crow after seeing him perform.

Zello

I love Batfleck I just don't like Snyder and his horrible directing it's really ruining the DC movies I really hope that the solo Batman film is good.

Edited by Zello

darthYENIK

I don't think Snyder is a bad director, he just isn't the right director for Superman. I wonder how disappointed he was to learn he wouldn't direct the stand alone Batman movie. Anyway, I think he's good for those ultra stylized movies he's done in the past, like 300 or Watchmen, where he can do his slow motion "bring the comic book panels to life" type of shots. He's great at that. The problem with him directing Superman is he needs to be good at the other stuff, the parts where we need to care about the characters and why they are doing a slow motion rocket ship carry, or why killing Zod was a horrible moment for the character.

But yeah, as soon as Snyder is off these movies it's probably for the best.

The Deadite

He ruins everything when he removes his cowl, sure he looks good in the Batman suit and that chin is reminicent of to the animated series, but he removes the mask and... he's Ben Affleck.

Tacymist

I was worried Affleck couldn't pull off being Batman, but he kicked ass in that costume. I didn't think I'd be able to take him serious and he proved me wrong, and I'm glad. I can't wait to see his solo film.

Wolfsbane Franklin

He ruins everything when he removes his cowl, sure he looks good in the Batman suit and that chin is reminicent of to the animated series, but he removes the mask and... he's Ben Affleck.

I am glad to see someone agrees with me. He has to go together with Hack Snyder and WB to reboot this universe in the next five years.

darthYENIK

He ruins everything when he removes his cowl, sure he looks good in the Batman suit and that chin is reminicent of to the animated series, but he removes the mask and... he's Ben Affleck.How does he ruin it when he takes his mask off? Elaborate for me?

The Deadite

How does he ruin it when he takes his mask off? Elaborate for me?

Because he's Ben Aflleck.

I just don't like him very much, same with Jared Leto. Still, he's the best thing about Batman bs Superman...

...Which isn't really saying much

Edited by Midnight Hitman

Wolfsbane Franklin

How does he ruin it when he takes his mask off Elaborate for me?
Because he's Ben Aflleck.

I just don't like him very much, same with Jared Leto. Still, he's the best thing about Batman bs Superman...

...Which isn't really saying much

Exactly, he is not portraying Batman but Ben Affleck dressed up as Batman. WB needs to reboot the DCEU for it has been divisive for the fans. A lot of long time DC fans were disappointed with their portrayal of Superman and Batman and has enormous doubts that any upcoming DCEU movies would be any good compare to recent successful movies by Marvel. Just reboot the whole thing and spare us from these atrocities.

darthYENIK

That's a horrible idea. Worse than another Zack Snyder DC movie.

Joemoetoe

I'm ready for the next Wonder Woman trailer

Joemoetoe

This trailer was better than all other superhero movies

Wolfsbane Franklin

This trailer was better than all other superhero movies

Nothing special about this trailer, standard superhero fare and the fact that Gal Gadot can't act to save her life, and the WB going to edit it into a incoherant and incomprehensible mess. I don't think this movie will save the pathetic DCEU.

Girish

I'll be honest. The trailer did nothing for me. Yes, it's got some great action scenes and it would be nice to see WW in all her glory but without a good storyline, the movie will fall flat on its face just like the other films. I'll give it the benefit of doubt though and hold off any judgement until after I've seen the film. For all I know, it could surprise us!

Vik

Finished watching Suicide Squad, i'm genuinely wondering how people find this, as a movie, good.

• Horrible pacing
  • Awful editing
  • Soundtrack usage is generic
  • Predictable dialogue
  • Poor cinematography and vapid camera work during action sequences
  • Bland lighting
  • Flip-Flop character motivations
  • sh*tty acting (Margot Robbie and Jai Courtney atleast tried.)
  • Constantly changing tone

This was just observed from a casual perspective. The whole "this movie is just for fun" is redundant because I can watch Nolan's trilogy or most MCU movies having fun while having some substance. I'm pretty sure Ayer's vision was butchered, it had potential.

X S

I'm very judgmental about superhero movie themes, just because I think Danny Elfman's Batman and Spider-Man themes are the gold standard, but I didn't like Hans Zimmer's Superman theme at first. Now, it's growing on me. It has some nods to John Williams' original theme, but it doesn't have the same "happy" vibe. Instead, Hans' version starts out very dark, and then turns into a powerful buildup. Pumps me the f*ck up! :music:

At the same time, I don't think Zimmer was the appropriate composer for a Superman theme. Zimmer composes some of the most somber scores, so I just don't think that sound embodies the idea of Superman. Zimmer was much better suited for a theme for Batman. Nonetheless, this Superman theme has grown on me, and I've come to love it.

KDA

So I just watched Suicide Squad...

giphy.gif