1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

DC Cinematic Universe (Batman, Supes, Aquaman, and more)

HeliWolf420

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Even then, it's guaranteed that he is bulking up and training like his life depends on it. You should see what Christian Bale did and Henry Cavill did for Man of Steel.

I think it would have been better to pick relatively unknowns for Batman & Wonder Woman like they did with Henry (or, at least I think he wasn't all that known). Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are so damn iconic that it's hard to attach actors to them without feeling f*ckin defensive. Well-known actors have a huge presence in pop culture as well -- which means that when we imagine them playing, for example, Batman, we don't see Batman, we see Ben Affleck in a Batman costume. We might get over it if they do good, but it just helps the overall impression of the film.

• 2 weeks later...

I like both pick ups. Eisenberg, as seen in the Social Network can play a condescending know-it-all. And Jeremy Irons is English.

Eisenberg and Cavill are the same age, so that works out well. I'm interested to see how they peel back the Alien invasion story into something a little more terrestrial this time.

Eisenberg was a big surprise to me as Luthor...just cant even imagine what kind of a Luthor could come from him. It just seems like a random choice at the moment. Irons however...i just can't believe i didnt think of this choice. I mean, he is just perfect...and as said by darthYENIK, he is british.

Shave his head and he's practically the same Lex from Smallville. I realize I'm old and stuff but I don't understand why anyone would call his casting 'random' or, really, be overly surprised by it.

I remember how the same thing happened with Affleck several months ago when he was announced as Batman. Many a people seemed to have settled in to Affleck being cast by now.

It's a good thing actually. Clearly indicates that they are taking it in a direction that you wouldn't expect, which is usually a good thing when you're talking about a character that has been done a million times before. That said, I do think Eisenberg is a talented guy, he did a solid job playing a borderline sociopath in the social network.

Lots of WTF? decisions with this movie. There's nothing we can really do but deal with it and wait till it's out, but I still don't like the casting at all except for Alfred. Gadot needs to bulk up to look like Wonder Woman... though I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she didn't with all these WTF things going on. Affleck I still don't like as Batman, but there's a chance he can pull through. And Eisenberg,,, what? Doesn't look at all threatening, especially not towards a super-powered alien.

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Can't imagine him as Lex. I was honestly expecting Bryan Cranston to take the role, he certainly can ACT like lex and even has the looks.

1t6fzm4.jpg

He was actually rumoured to take the role, I bet they ditched him and chose the "real" eisenberg. Get it?

• 1 month later...

Wow, Michael Cera cast as The Riddler?

After the news that Warner Bros would be making announcements soon regarding their DC Cinematic Universe comes the news that BATMAN VS SUPERMAN will not only have a foe for the Henry Cavill's Man of Steel but one for Ben Affleck's Dark Knight as well. Deadline is reporting that Michael Cera has been cast as The Riddler in Zack Snyder's superhero movie, putting him alongside Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor as the second bad guy in the film. This will mark the second big screen incarnation of The Riddler since Jim Carrey played the part in Joel Schumacher's BATMAN FOREVER. Wow.

Following the same outside the box casting of Eisenberg, Cera will bring a less imposing presence as the man once known as Edward Nigma. Many may be considering this another nail in the coffin for the MAN OF STEEL sequel, but the selection of Cera could provide a much more grounded and realistic villain for the franchise. Cera recently starred in a pair of indie films, CRYSTAL FAIRY and MAGIC MAGIC, both of which were departures for the actor best known for his roles on ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and in movies like SUPERBAD and SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD.

With Warner Bros building towards a JUSTICE LEAGUE film, casting The Riddler gives them the potential to have a breakout turn for Cera that could turn him into the DC equivalent of Loki: a fast-talking bad guy who could fight a single hero or a whole team of them. It is also an apparent character selection that can keep the franchise away from recasting The Joker for a little longer.

Am I excited at the prospect of Michael Cera taking on The Riddler? No, I am not. While I can see how it may work, it just doesn't strike me as a strong enough pick for the part. There are a lot of Cera haters out there and, while I am not among them, I don't think this will ultimately work.

Cera will join the already packed cast that includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, Dianel Lane, and Jesse Eisenberg.

Source: Deadline

- See more at: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/michael-cera-joins-the-cast-of-batman-vs-superman-as-the-riddler#sthash.7xj1xaJC.3wa7mZME.dpuf

Lulz, April Fools. Edited by DarthShinobi

I'm not as excited as most people for this movie, I thought man of steel was boring my favourite part was when superman killed zod, I hope the rest of the dc movies don't have the same tone and are more enjoyable. I like that its not connected to the nolan batmans and I like Ben Affleck as batman.

LEAKED NEW POSTER!!!

April Fools

B7dBt6W.jpg

• 1 month later...

Zack Snyder tweeted this picture...

Mb1wRn5.jpg

Looks like we will get a real Batmobile this time around.

• Like 2

Whoa, he's build like a tank. And no Bat-Armor! Just like Batman should be. Not feeling the emblem though and what's up with those miniature ears? They should be long and pointy and not cat ears. But yeah, I still like it. And Batmobile looks good too, somewhere between classic Batmobile and the Tumbler. Which is okay, even though I prefer comic book suit to Nolan's, I think more tank-ish Batmobile is a better choice than a weirdly shaped sports car.

It looks like Ben Affleck in bat suite, not batman at all...

Why put a well known guy as batman?

Also the utility belt is silly... Wish they make it yellow... He he..

It looks a lot like a hybrid of The Dark Knight Returns and New 52. As a diehard Bat-fan, I wholeheartedly approve.

Edit: I'll even go so far as to say it's the best live action Batsuit ever.

Edited by darthYENIK
  • Like 2

It looks a lot like a hybrid of The Dark Knight Returns and New 52. As a diehard Bat-fan, I wholeheartedly approve.

Came in to post that.

I prefer the shorter ears like in The Dark Knight Returns and in Year One I believe he had them aswell.

Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Returns-Part-2-Re

Warner-Premiere-brings-The-Dark-Knight-R

I gotta say, Ben looks jacked as f*ck. Looks twice the size of Christian.

Edited by DarthShinobi

Short thoughts: Digging the Miller-esque styling. Affleck's beefy as f*ck. Let's hope the movie isn't mostly unnecessary Zack Snyder slomo scenes.

Came in to post that.

I prefer the shorter ears like in The Dark Knight Returns and in Year One I believe he had them aswell.

Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Returns-Part-2-Re

Warner-Premiere-brings-The-Dark-Knight-R

I gotta say, Ben looks jacked as f*ck. Looks twice the size of Christian.

And here is the New 52...

fLYVlNk.jpg