2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

DC Cinematic Universe (Batman, Supes, Aquaman, and more)

HeliWolf420

What I don't like about it all is that Batman takes nearly a decade off, comes back for a few months, and then "retires". The idea that Batman would ever quit being Batman, and leave Gotham especially at the time he does, when the city is overrun by criminals (remember just because Bane and the League of Shadows was defeated and the bomb is gone, doesn't mean the thousands of criminals let loose from the city's prisons and jails are defeated), it goes against the character, all in an attempt to make him seem like a martyr. Which he isn't, unless you consider blowing up an experimental aircraft which he no longer even owned a sacrifice.

But I do agree, I think Bruce would recruit a new hero, but I don't think he would just recruit a street cop, and think that's enough. He'd want to train him, and make sure he was ready for anything. I think the only Robin that Batman ever took out with him right away with minimal training, was Damian Wayne, who was already highly trained by his mother, Talia al Ghul.

And I guess you can assume that the military or some help from out of town comes in to clean up the criminals left in the wake of Bane, but that's still a big assumption. Although, it's more believable than the GCPD being able to control the criminals, considering they were all trapped underground for months and were just in a huge battle. But they just skip that clean up and go right to the Batman statue unveiling.

I liked The Dark Knight Rises, I'm a giant Bat-fan, there's no way I am not going to enjoy the movie on some level, but there are aspects of that movie that doesn't make it feel like Batman. I never expected it to be as good or better than The Dark Knight, anyway. And I still think that Batman Begins is closer feeling to Batman than all of the movies.

• 1 month later...

Some news: Giselle from the Fast movies is Wonder Woman

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180611-gal-gadot-cast-as-wonder-woman-in-batman-vs-superman

I'm not sure how I feel about this. She's super fine, and I enjoyed her character in the Fast movies, but I'm not sure.

I think the actress that played Sif (Jamie Alexander) would have been great

tumblr_ms7l9keeLF1r0ecrho1_500.png

Jamie Alexander would have been awesome as WW. But there's probably some sh*tty contract that says she can't be a part of a DC movie.

Gal, on the other hand, seems too thin for an Amazon. She needs to bulk up.

• Like 1

No she can only be one warrior goddess, and she shall stay Lady Sif! A little off topic, but the other day she visited a children's hospital in full Sif costume. But yeah, she'd be a great Wonder Woman.

As for Gadot, she doesn't strike me as someone who I'd see as Diana, but like Batfleck, I'll definitely wait to make any real judgement.

Down with Gadot, she needs to hit the gym first and bulk up. But maaaaan, I am finda intrigued by the inclusion of too many characters just to set up a DC universe in this.

WW was in The Dark Knight Returns, which I'm guessing they're going to be basing the story on.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a rumours doing the rounds which suggests that Joaquin Phoenix is gonna be the main villain of the movie, which is supposedly rumored to be Lex Luthor. It'd be cool to see Phoenix but meh I'd rather prefer him being someone else in this.

• 2 weeks later...

i like batman and superman, but if you want to talk realisticly, (and I haven't read all of the posts just the title) how the in hell would batman beat superman? its not possible AT ALL...

FranklinDeRoosevelt

^

It's pretty obvious they are going to introduce Kryptonite. How else is Batman going to beat him?

Gal needs to bulk up to play WW.

As for the main villain, Lex is obvious. I reckon Bryan Cranston could have done the role.

I'd like to quote myself...

Saying Superman automatically wins is incredibly uncreative, and would be just as boring. Which means it's not going to go down that way.

See you in two years when you're bitching that the movie didn't go down that way.

Plus, you know they'll team up. It's the comic world's oldest bromance.

FranklinDeRoosevelt

He means if there was no kryptonite, you think Batman would win? He might aswell commit suicide if he had to face Superman without any weakness.

Yeah, it would likely end up like this without some clever help.

dark_knight_returns1.jpg

That said, batman keeps a log of all metahumen's identities and weaknesses. He has a locked and sealed kryptonite ring for Supes.

I wouldn't be surprised if he devises some sort of aerosol "super sunblock" in this film. Either that or develops a suit that gives him the opposite radiation to become.... SuperBatMan.

I mean, after the alien sh*tshow, I think anything's on the table.

I wouldn't be surprised if he devises some sort of aerosol "super sunblock" in this film. Either that or develops a suit that gives him the opposite radiation to become.... SuperBatMan.

I mean, after the alien sh*tshow, I think anything's on the table.

Bat-Kryptonian-Repellant?

I hope they don't go the Kryptonite route. It's too easy. I want to see a big screen version of Bat-god. A Batman, that might need some armor, but can maybe squeak through with a win if he just used his intellect.

• Like 3
FranklinDeRoosevelt

He can't do ANYTHING apart from using Kryptonite. Superman doesn't have any other weakness. So all your ideas are wasted really. Unless he also manages to find a blue Kryptonite which turns him human and they can have a 1v1 battle.

This is bullsh*t.....i have nothing more to say. I do understand that they want some more time to make the movie as good as possible...but cmon. Basically i have to wait another year for it.