Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,745 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

HeliWolf420

DC Cinematic Universe (Batman, Supes, Aquaman, and more)

Chunk

The film will not be adapted from “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns,” Snyder said.

Aw, sh*t.

darthYENIK

I doubt the name of the movie will be Superman vs. Batman.

I think we're going to see them fight, though. Which is kind of cliche.

d0mm2k8

I don't know whether or not I want this and Man of Steel to be in the same universe as the Dark Knight Trilogy. On one hand it fleshes it out if they're in the same continuity but on the other hand it may just be unnecessary canon-bloating.

Still, using the same Wayne Enterprises logo from the Trilogy in Man of Steel was pretty cool.

Which is kind of cliche
Yeah, and as much as I love Batman, most times I've seen him fight with Supes in the comics it's felt like unrealistic Bat-fan service for him to not be completely demolished. Some times they've handled it in a clever way but other times just feels 'bleh'. Edited by d0mm2k8

darthYENIK

I do love that line, from Dark Knight Returns when Batman says, "Remember my hand on your throat. Remember the man who beat you." Which was said at the announcement, and gave me goose bumps to her the audio of.

d0mm2k8

Oh wow, the chills I get from that announcement. I really hope they do this right because it has a f*ck load of potential. I love The Dark Knight Returns (especially that part) and though I obviously don't want them to straight up copy the graphic novel, I do hope they take inspiration from it.

UrbanTheEmcee
I do love that line, from Dark Knight Returns when Batman says, "Remember my hand on your throat. Remember the man who beat you." Which was said at the announcement, and gave me goose bumps to her the audio of.

See, this is the kind of magic DC is going to need to compete with Marvel on the big screen.

darthYENIK

It's funny to see the non-geeks act like "I Am Legend" foretold this, because it had a World's Finest logo in it.

rudy
It's funny to see the non-geeks act like "I Am Legend" foretold this, because it had a World's Finest logo in it.

Ha, yeah. It was JUST a f*ckin' joke by Akiva Goldsmith - he wrote I Am Legend, a draft of Batman vs Superman and some nameless Batman film that we must never, ever talk about.

Mista J

Not liking how they're just dropping each other in, they should've done cameos like what Marvel did before making Avengers. I know about the satellite in Man of Steel, but it's not the same. Will still watch this once it's out

Finn 7 five 11

I think Batman is cooler than superman, and more exciting than super man, because Batman is human, Superman is pretty well invincible, that's not fun IMO.

However that said, they should never fight because Superman should absolutely destroy batman.

Flight180Victm

Oh. My. God. That's all I can say! biggrin.gif I can't f*cking wait!

Sup3rman

I wrote everything about this in the man of steel thread already....i am just so excited about this. But noone still knows the title of the movie. I don't think it will be Superman vs Batman. Just Superman/Batman maybe.. Then again, didnt they originally want to make this movie many years ago? Anyway, what i really want to know is if Nolans universe's Batman will return or will there be a completely new Batman with different story. Or even John Blake from TDKR as Batman? I have been thinking a lot about this already and figured out that both ways are possible. It's not that hard to bring back even Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne IMO, it just needs a right push. A new awakening of Batman would be awesome, with a new suit too.

NYC PATROL

After seeing Bale's version of Batman for the last 4 years, it would be hard to see someone else in the suit.

Wonder who they will get.

Sup3rman

Im wondering if it will be still within Nolans universe, because Nolan is the producer...but then again, maybe its like a reboot. I would imagine still Bale making a return, but maybe even Joseph Gordon Levitt. Then again, it seems in this movie an older Batman is shown...so why not Bales Batman making a return. Just watched how they introduced the film in comic con...just chills.

BullworthAcademy

Ummm....

Isn't this Man of Steel 2 not Superman vs Batman?

Vanzant

Superman would win.

UrbanTheEmcee
Superman would win.

I agree.

user posted image

One of these bad boys and Mr. Wayne is done for.

user posted image

darthYENIK

Saying Superman automatically wins is incredibly uncreative, and would be just as boring. Which means it's not going to go down that way.

See you in two years when you're bitching that the movie didn't go down that way.

rudy

Saying Superman automatically wins is incredibly uncreative, and would be just as boring.  Which means it's not going to go down that way.

And I don't see the point of them fighting each other till the end. They might fight at first and then team up to fight something or someone that poses a greater threat to the city.

@theomenofficial The official title hasn't been confirmed yet.

Edited by rudy.

Woody112

Zack Snyder? Meh, that means the fights will be really awesome, but everything else will be garbage. I guess it could be worse, however.

Sup3rman

There is this rumor that Josh Brolin is one of the candidates to become Bruce Wayne/Batman in this movie...and i honestly say, if they do choose him, excellent choice. He has the face, the attitude and also a great voice. And he also looks a bit like Christian Bale:

user posted image

TonyStark
There is this rumor that Josh Brolin is one of the candidates to become Bruce Wayne/Batman in this movie...and i honestly say, if they do choose him, excellent choice. He has the face, the attitude and also a great voice. And he also looks a bit like Christian Bale:

user posted image

As much as i love Brolin, he would surely be too old by the time a JL movie comes around? As long as it's not some pretty boy, i'll be happy.

darthYENIK

user posted image

As much as i love Brolin, he would surely be too old by the time a JL movie comes around? As long as it's not some pretty boy, i'll be happy.

The rumor is that this Batman will be older, much like The Dark Knight Returns. I say Brolin is the best choice I've heard.

UrbanTheEmcee

Timothy Olyphant for Lex Luthor

user posted image

Sup3rman

No and no, those actors have used their bald state already for their roles in different movies or tv shows. It would be weird to see some other character whos from another screenplay and looked exactly the same.

darthYENIK

I'm not suggesting it, but supposedly Zack Snyder wants Cranston. So, No and Yes.

Moonshield

user posted image

The rumor is that this Batman will be older, much like The Dark Knight Returns. I say Brolin is the best choice I've heard.

Holy f*ck, yes. Obviously not as old as Bruce is in DKR, but definitely well into his 40s. Have you seen him in the very unfortunate Oldboy (a Spike Lee joint) remake yet?