2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Do Rockstar Respond To Mouthoff Emails?

Ryzon

I've sent Rockstar a quick mouthoff email and I'm wondering if its realistic to expect them to respond to my email.

Do they respond to all/most emails or should I consider myself lucky if I even get my email read?

Edited by Ryzon

I see, how long does it usually take, are we talking days, weeks or months?

I sent them 3 mouthoffs over a week and a half to 2 week span. No responses to any of them.

1st time this ever happened to me. I know they are usually good about responding but

none, nada. Not even an automated response. sad.gif

I was asking them about the Strategy guides.

They usually take a day or two (ok, sometimes a week or two) if it's a pertinent question, but if you ask something like "will Michael die at the end?" they'll obviously ignore your question. smile.gif

I sent them 3 mouthoffs over a week and a half to 2 week span. No responses to any of them.

1st time this ever happened to me. I know they are usually good about responding but

none, nada. Not even an automated response. sad.gif

Did you only ask about strategy guides or did you ask some other questions too about something that may spoil the game?

Just to give you an idea OP, I asked a simple question regarding Collector's Edition availability at Best Buy. A question which tries to make them alot more money than just a standard sale. This email was sent almost 2 weeks ago and I have yet to receive a reply.

If they can't reply to an email that's trying to make them more money, then I don't know what they will respond to.

none, nada. Not even an automated response.  sad.gif

Did you only ask about strategy guides or did you ask some other questions too about something that may spoil the game?

Yep, just asked why the Limited Edition has 400 pages while the paperback one has 448. confused.gif

btw it doesn't even matter anymore cause I got frustrated and just preordered the limited edition

Strategy guide. I was hoping their response would help me decide which one cause I thought

amazon may have made a mistake with the # of pages.

It seems like some of the replies are for typically asked questions, I've seen it several times that different persons got the same reply. I also sent a in a few little questions that don't even have anything to do with the main gameplay, and therefore no possible leaks, but I never got a reply either.

TheKrigeron

Both my messages had a response at around 3-4 hours after sending, you just have to write it proprely and give it a direct title

josephene123

I wrote to them asking for clarification on the CVG interview that you keep your weapons throughout the whole game and never lose them because I was thinking it'd be weird to not lose any if you're arrested, no reply, hasn't been long though.

KeithoMahony

I noticed a lot of people not getting replies lately, but you have to remember that for the next week or so they will be getting a sh*t-load of e-mails because of the new trailer. About two weeks I got a response from them in 4 days, but I sent them an e-mail 5 days ago and haven't got anything back yet.

So it probably just depends on how many e-mails they are getting.

I've sent Rockstar a quick mouthoff email and I'm wondering if its realistic to expect them to respond to my email.

Do they respond to all/most emails or should I consider myself lucky if I even get my email read?

Yes. Give them some time.

StevenTCShearer

none, nada. Not even an automated response.  sad.gif

Yep, just asked why the Limited Edition has 400 pages while the paperback one has 448. confused.gif

btw it doesn't even matter anymore cause I got frustrated and just preordered the limited edition

Strategy guide. I was hoping their response would help me decide which one cause I thought

amazon may have made a mistake with the # of pages.

Yeah, I emailed Amazon.co.uk and wait a respnse and it was the same question. When I get a response I'll tell you if you don't know by then

• 8 years later...

I have sent a message there today, with the likely automated response stating that the account is no longer monitored and may be deactivated in the future. As you might, or might not, imagine, there are a few things that I wanted to talk to them about... if anyone is aware of an alternative, not including these limited character forms, please do reach out to me privately.

Edited by xaml

12 hours ago, xaml said:

I have sent a message there today, with the likely automated response stating that the account is no longer monitored and may be deactivated in the future. As you might, or might not, imagine, there are a few things that I wanted to talk to them about... if anyone is aware of an alternative, not including these limited character forms, please do reach out to me privately.

Why bump a thread from 2013?

I wouldn't be surprised however if the e-mail in question was deactivated. They'll do anything to avoid responding to criticism, in light of recent events.

I appreciate what seems like your sense of humour, Viddy.

Edited by xaml
  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1
  • KEKW 1

No need for that lmao. That said, looks like it's not new, last year people were getting messages about the mailbox not being monitored already so it's nothing to do with "criticism". Granted, they probably did get a bunch of infinite spam, even more so now. No need to have a public mailbox when it's not as "intimate" as it used to be with the odd question (instead of constant spam) and the community is magnitudes larger in general.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-general-chat/20/378360/gta-vspam-rockstar-games-to-bring-their-beloved-ga/2728070/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-general-chat/20/378360/gta-vspam-rockstar-games-to-bring-their-beloved-ga/2727723/

• excuseme 1

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

7 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I wouldn't be surprised however if the e-mail in question was deactivated. They'll do anything to avoid responding to criticism, in light of recent events.

It may sound entitled or righteous but the intention was not to criticise in the sense of making matters worse than their absolutely warranted right for taking their time, as this is their second postponement, on one hand, and the frankly confusing showcase of the latest trailer on the other, where one might think that there was more of an awareness regarding the response to the announcement trailer which they released last year. I somewhat managed to take a step back and it was yesterday that I had a look myself at the trailer in the highest resolution available to me on the respective platform. I had in mind to create a simple document using the screenshots that I took, which goes beyond the likely erroneous colour of the license plates, the missing magazine and the supposedly staged fighterjet scene, which to me is not at all as definite as some made it out to be. However, in almost every scene a certain lack of fidelity, which seems like it goes beyond polishing and tuning, genuinely was concerning. It probably sounds more terrible than it is, but this has to do with coming from someone who may have developed a bit of a passion for this game world. I would think to have noticed some improvements, including less tearing, partially better rounding, and a more sculpted and partially chrome sunshield. The confusing part is that these aspects seem to go hand in hand with such aspects as certain textures remaining mush respectively flat, certain edges which seem to remain if you look closely, and hair which seemed relatively unremarkable in the remainder and terrible (non-player characters, but this is where immersion is risked) in the last segment... I do not have the means to update my computer and see for myself, but there was an interesting response from someone describing themself to be playing on the computer on the highest settings and not noticing a difference shortly after the trailer was released. And my first thought was whether there was supposed to be one, as this is, if I am not mistaken, an attempt to harmonise consoles and computers. A thought which has been in the back of my mind since yesterday was whether there are no higher resolution textures available other than what was developed up to the original release of the game, enhanced in the following year and further improved for the version on computer, that resculpting every last object with markedly more intricate tools or techniques would be out of the scope. I would hope not and that not compromising in this case and taking the necessary time, even if it means having to postpone it again, might prove to be a solution, all while unupgradable consoles as limiters remain.

Edited by xaml

12 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

No need for that lmao. That said, looks like it's not new, last year people were getting messages about the mailbox not being monitored already so it's nothing to do with "criticism". Granted, they probably did get a bunch of infinite spam, even more so now. No need to have a public mailbox when it's not as "intimate" as it used to be with the odd question (instead of constant spam) and the community is magnitudes larger in general.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-general-chat/20/378360/gta-vspam-rockstar-games-to-bring-their-beloved-ga/2728070/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-general-chat/20/378360/gta-vspam-rockstar-games-to-bring-their-beloved-ga/2727723/

I'm pretty sure people have to use the GTA Online and Red Dead Online feedback pages now. But it's kind of annoying that we can't submit bug reports for single player

Edited by VideoTech
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 5:00 PM, VideoTech said:

I'm pretty sure people have to use the GTA Online and Red Dead Online feedback pages now. But it's kind of annoying that we can't submit bug reports for single player.

I have tried to use these two years ago, after "[email protected]" was retired. The character limitation made it very difficult to send attemptedly meaningful respectively more or less adequately formulated feedback in the sense of a feedback list. And having to send individual point after point separately seemed like kind of a chore...

Edited by xaml

There is something else that I would like to discuss.

It was one of these evenings, uneventful but perhaps therefore more relaxing. That is, until I read what the ominous removal of activities that I have requested to be closely followed elsewhere really was all about. And this after my first reflex was, and still is, to defend the developer from partially unwarranted criticism in content and tone in regards to what is mentioned in my posting further above.

Alright, so what is it about, then? A power hungry diarrheal excretion of upper management partially having lost touch with essentials? A numbers-driven inanity where something is deemed not worthwhile if everyone and their young siblings do not engage in it all of the damn time and then once more as a numbing exercise in fashionable exhaustion?

I am sorry for my own inane complacency, but unthoughtful and seemingly unnecessary things such as this to me are annoying. In my view from far away, or in this case perhaps from far above, at least, parachuting jumps, and I would think that boat races too, are activities which are essential in the context of experiencing and interacting with the game world. The former especially requires you to be focussed, all while offering you tendentially spectacular views as well as providing you with a sense of serenity if you are playing them by yourself. (Although this leaves out the impact that they may have to the virtual environment; as a reminder to consider not to do the same in regards to the actual one.)

In addition, they are, as the developer mentions, linked to certain achievements. As I am not particularly fond of such which pitch players against each other, I will mention that to my knowledge, either certain vehicle paints or rim colours require one of these activities as well.

However, as this does not seem to be the view the developer and publisher holds, respectively their parent company, but I have no idea, frankly, here are a few recommendations for further removals:

- A game design which would have to be remarkably robust for it to end up struggling with content, lists of content or both.
- Activities as a whole, because who needs the variety of tennis, golf, darts and arm wrestling anyway?!
- People who expect even more activities that practically no one would then play anyway, such as pool and basketball. The nerve these people have!
- The most immediate, however, might be parties of numeric asininity which calculators and charts are attending...

Edited by xaml

• 4 months later...

Is this really what it has come to?

An overblown, lead freaking asshole and a meaningless, diarrheaed storyline attempted to be balanced by appealing new interiors, vehicles and the hacker's acknowledgement of a system not being connected to the internet?

Is it incompetence or just a lack of respect that you keep using seemingly more engaging, more urgent motor sounds in cutscenes than in what is actually usable? The lackluster animation of picking something up?

Are you really of such condescend towards your players that you would insult them with the scum of snipping fingers of a celebrity struggling with relevance leading to the mindless audience starting to party in a recording studio which has just lived through a bloodshed?

Who is responsible for this, other than silent consumers? Mister Hauser, Mister Zelnick? How about being introduced to what you force upon us? And believe me that it would be best to leave it at that.

• 1 month later...

Now, now... who would have thought that expanding and enhancing actually means killing off? Assholes, fxcking ASSHOLES.

The modification garage within the "Los Santos Car Meet" is removed because "Hao's Special Vehicle Works" had no other space to occupy, seriously? That room behind the soda machine WAS AVAILABLE ALL ALONG! And idiotically, I wanted to provide feedback and suggest making it possible to access the modification garage in additional ways when accessing the "Los Santos Car Meet" and when exiting the "Test Track".

The tutorial is removed? Because there will be no new players or them being forced into a "Career Builder" is negligible because most players are existing ones? And it is providing players with an uncomplicated way to restart their character, right? A little something for the level seven billion players! Able to join a freemode session only after spending GTA$ 3'000'000? Tasteful, even for you. DISGUSTING. And there I was, thinking about the good old "Hotel" (or was it "Motel"? Makes you wanna cry!) spawning location which was available to players who did not own an apartment. The motel is located close to the "Lombank" tower towards the beach. And how it might have been interesting to include other motels... let alone building their interiors, adding a front desk employee with some amusing dialogue or perhaps offering some work...

That sixty buck yearly subscription fee in order to access Grand Theft Auto Online? Look at all that we offer to you! Attempting to make you buy the game for a third damned time. And then having the audacity to ask an additional five bucks (edit: generously rounded down, you are welcome) a month (a fxcking month!) for another sixty bucks that provides you with not only breadcrumbs but limited time breadcrumbs of content behind that new front end THAT YOU SHOULD PERSONALLY GENTLY INSERT INTO THE YOU KNOW WHAT BACK END OF EVERY LAST PLAYER AS A GESTURE OF GRATITUDE! AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. BUT NO. No... why do that when you can be ingenious. In the worst possible way. Brought to you by the people who interweave "vegan" into Lemeur's dialogue because it is fashionable. Sativa? Man, sativa ain't what I need. What I need is a new publisher!

(I asked Mimi over the phone to transcribe this. While being glued to the back of the custom "Minivan" in the Los Santos Car Meet. Have you looked into an Autoshop, yet?!)

A mission directive appears.

LEAVE THE AREA.

Edited by xaml
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

• 3 months later...

I. Acknowledging the recent mention of constructive feedback, yet continuning to be unable to compromise from a content point of view, here are a few questions about the "Expanded and Enhanced" version of "Grand Theft Auto V":

- Alongside an increased traffic variety, which should still follow certain guidelines, have engine sounds, which tend to be of a derivative nature, been diversified? The intention is not for everything to be scrapped but to increase individual aspects of engines in vehicles, which would increase the, if you will, identities of vehicles. An alternative to enhancing the engine sounds might be to utilise customised exhausts to not only act as a design element, aside from introducing exhaust flames in comparison to most stock exhausts, but to actually alter the sound. This is not to say that the engine sounds are bland, and welcome improvements (such as with the "Ocealot XJR") have been implemented over time, but the engine sounds to me tend to remain not to be urgent and not to be menacing enough. If one considers how this has been attempted to be mitigated for cutscenes, it seems to underline the frankly pressing nature of this aspect.
- Are "Super Yachts" drivable in the online modus and are their exteriors less basic than compared to the yacht in "Series A", which features an extensive engine and maintenance compartment and which does not feature unsatisfying blacked out windows?

- Has the in my view important on fire animation, as it can temporarily disable a character and therefore could become significant in an altercation, which is present for the "Online Protagonist" in the "Director Mode" of the "Enhanced" version, been incorporated into the online modus? The current on fire animation would apply to resistant clothing.

- Have the animations of taking out and putting away the mobile phone, which add to the experience and which are present for the "Online Protagonist" in the "Director Mode" of the "Enhanced" version, finally been incorporated into the online modus?
- Have motorcycle and bicycle stand elements as well as according animations been introduced to the game? A mundane addition perhaps, the lack of which, however, really is to the detriment of the experience. As this might lead to a delay in boarding and deboarding these vehicles, it would be necessary to be implemented as a setting.
- And considering the welcome presence of gear shifting sounds, have gear shifting animations been introduced to the game? As an alternative to a general implementation, a respective setting would provide players with an additional choice according to their preference.
- Have the player character's toes been, at least to some degree, separated from each other? And if you will bear with me despite what may seem ridiculous, this also would apply to the back portions of sandals, including flip-flops.

II. And here are a few in my view simple but necessary ways with which to, well, enhance the "Enhanced" version of the game:

- As mentioned above, the on fire animation, which is present for the "Online Protagonist" in the "Director Mode" of the "Enhanced" version, needs to be incorporated into the online modus. The current on fire animation would apply to resistant clothing.
- Also as mentioned above, the animations of taking out and putting away the mobile phone, which are present for the "Online Protagonist" in the "Director Mode" of the "Enhanced" version, need to be incorporated into the online modus.
- Motorcycle and bicycle stand elements as well as according animations need to be introduced to the game. As mentioned, this may seem like a mundane, perhaps even unnecessary aspect to some... who cares about that? I happen to care about that and the lack of it adds to the detriment of the experience. As this might lead to a delay in boarding and deboarding these vehicles, it would be necessary to be implemented as a setting.
- Again as mentioned above, in regards to the welcome presence of gear shifting sounds, gear shifting animations need to be introduced to the game. As an alternative to a general implementation, a respective setting would provide players with an additional choice according to their preference.
- A few customised "Lowrider" vehicles feature small wheels, which probably not everyone likes. It would be helpful if players could choose from a couple of reasonable wheel diameters.
- In this regard, vehicles such as the "Declasse Tornado Custom" would, in my view, benefit from additional suspension options. And even if in a limited manner, so would vehicles such as the "Progen Emerus", which does not feature any such options but which seems like it could handle a decreased ground clearance.
- The rims of unique stock wheels tend to be rather attractive but the workaround to recolouring those who are not finished in chrome is a bit of a hassle. This is relevant in the sense that the often default "Alloy" colour may not always fit to a desired design.
- I appreciate the tours which players have created for these and other apartments. And so without intending to undermine this, a couple of depictions of the interior style of "Stilt Apartments" on the website in the game would be helpful.

Edited by xaml
  • YEE 1