Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,681 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

greenrock

GTA 5= Dumbed down

Feed Me A Lolcat
They didn't say EVEN AFTER BEING CAUGHT BY THE POLICE or ENDING UP IN HOSPITAL.

I think at this point it is given.

It would be too strange to lose all the 29 weapons you are carrying if you get wasted/busted by the police.

GTAVwillbeEPIC

It would be too strange to lose all the 29 weapons you are carrying if you get wasted/busted by the police.

Why would it be strange? I wouldn't mind if it was like that of course, but it's good to lose your weapons so you can buy them again.

ucah8er

It's a video game. I want to have access to all these weapons at once. Jesus christ!

elephant punch

As soon as I was able to get the advanced weapons in IV thats all I carried. I imagine that once I get the best weapons in the game I will always use those. So it wont be any different for me. I also did the same thing in RDR

TheMisanthrope

I'm not usually one to rip on the original poster... but what the f*ck. Is it just me or does the majority of threads that get started on this website show just how much lack of intelligence there is out there. "greenrock" in particular so far like 4 posts of his that I've read in the past few days. Seems like everyone just pisses and moans about every little thing. It's getting old.

AtomicPunk

I understand what he means. I think we should have a locker at the safe house where we keep our guns and should only be able to carry several at a time. But, it might get aggravating having to go to the safe house every time I wanna use a rocket launcher or other heavy weapon. I'll trust that R* thought this out well and trust them.

gui_olecio

I dont like it, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Skorge

It's more realistic! If you or I had a gun of any type and had a shoot out, would you simply throw said gun away after you use ammo? Or hold on to it and go get more ammo? I know what I would do, especially with the modifications available to customise weapons, if I spent ££££££ on upgrades, just for it to be thrown away if I had no ammo, I'd be really pissed.

While not on a mission the players simply do there own thing and nothing they do will be mission based so you won't miss anything you don't need to.

Side note, why do people complain on here? It won't change the game, I'm not sure what people like you expect the result to be, people have opinions and some will like it and some won't, but all you will do is look like a turd. There is no reason to moan on this forum, except the game for what it is, and come September you can either buy it, or you don't, those are your only choices.

quidyg

Why would it be strange? I wouldn't mind if it was like that of course, but it's good to lose your weapons so you can buy them again.

it would be pretty strange seeing as you keep them in GTA IV, and considering Liberty city has alot more gun control than Los Santos

GTAVwillbeEPIC

it would be pretty strange seeing as you keep them in GTA IV, and considering Liberty city has alot more gun control than Los Santos

This isn't real life.

WorldStarHipHop

oh look another stupid embarrassing topic by greenrock.....what a shocker. suicidal.gif

Don_Corleone

I didn't mind it in RDR, even if I don't like it in GTA V it won't be gamebreaking or annoying so care.

Darth Yokel

The way I see it, having only 2 or 3 weapons is how you dumb down the game. More weapons = more fun in my book.

Metalhead4
its been confirmed that gta 5 will be like RDR, in that you will be able to carry every weapon in the game in your inventory...

i don't like that, makes it seem easy

GTA has never been HARD anyways....

josephene123

You don't keep your weapons when busted in GTA IV

Sean5

GTA IV; could carry multiple grenades/Molotovs, a pistol, shotgun, uzi/MP5, RPG, knife/bat, and M4/AK and a sniper.

It's a game, it hasn't been dumbed down, it's always been like this, except instead of pressing left or right to change you now use a simpler wheel. icon14.gif

SlappyPwnsAss

*opens thread*

*reads OP's name*

*writes this comment*

*leaves*

CubA_iLL_BrothA

Dumb down? Okay we have weapon modification, not just for decoration. Did you even forget that robberies and assassin plays a big part?

bread
The way I see it, having only 2 or 3 weapons is how you dumb down the game. More weapons = more fun in my book.

This. More weapons are better. Why are you all complaining? It's almost like you're picking out things to bash on because you can't have anything else to talk about. Do you want more weapons, or less weapons to carry? More, right? Good, so shut up and stop complaining, especially you OP. You're just dumbed down.

josephene123

I've made the point before that I absolutely hate being able to carry all of your guns throughout the entire game and never losing them, and that's exactly what the guy from the CVG interview said, so provided he didn't word it badly, I'm disappointed. If you're busted then you SHOULD lose all of your weapons. Otherwise a.) The game doesn't punish you for being caught, and b.) you'll never feel compelled to improvise, it won't be as tense because you'll always have a huge array of weapons no matter what, and you know that even if you're caught you will not lose them.

I don't know, it just takes away the feeling of killing a cop and going "YES, he had a pistol!" or something (I might be alone on that feeling). I like feeling restricted and outgunned sometimes. I realise that you won't start off with all of the weapons but by the end of the game you'll probably have most of them and that'd just be a bit of a bummer for me.

ForDaNords

You can only carry one weapon per type, I'm assuming.

nuer

Who says that you'll have all those weapons from the beginning? By the looks of the gameplay, there wasn't any mission icons on the radar, so it might have been gameplay taken after finishing the game.

HARBUJAHN

never collecting a gun again is a brilliant idea but greenrock you are still my hero icon14.gif

AtomicPunk

Side note, why do people complain on here? It won't change the game, I'm not sure what people like you expect the result to be, people have opinions and some will like it and some won't, but all you will do is look like a turd. There is no reason to moan on this forum, except the game for what it is, and come September you can either buy it, or you don't, those are your only choices.

Look what happened when R* said no buying properties. The internet said a big F*CK YOU to R*, then R* back peddles and says buyable properties are in, so, I think peoples complaints are heard and can change the game.

Showstopper 26

Look what happened when R* said no buying properties. The internet said a big F*CK YOU to R*, then R* back peddles and says buyable properties are in, so, I think peoples complaints are heard and can change the game.

Two months from launch with one of those months going to manufacturing and shipping?

damian001

GTA IV; could carry multiple grenades/Molotovs, a pistol, shotgun, uzi/MP5, RPG, knife/bat, and M4/AK and a sniper.

It's a game, it hasn't been dumbed down, it's always been like this, except instead of pressing left or right to change you now use a simpler wheel. icon14.gif

No, you're wrong. Instead of carrying one of each, you can carry them all at once now. OP said it was dumbed down because you can carry too many high-powered weapons at once. But that doesn't really matter because each gun type is going to be using the same ammunition, so if you run out if bullets with your M4, then you can't switch to your AK47 because it'll also be out of ammo.

assmillk

Why do people doubt R* so much...

Deffpony

That's like saying GTA IV was dumbed down for introducing cover

AtomicPunk

Two months from launch with one of those months going to manufacturing and shipping?

I'm not saying that it would much matter now, but it apparently did back then, and probably caused the delay truth be told, but point taken all the same. People bi*ch. It's human nature. Let'em complain.

I<3GTAV

Great, you're back suicidal.gif