Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Silent

GInput

Recommended Posts

Christian P. Martinez

Is GInput supported on Liberty Unleashed and VC-MP? In offline versions everything works great! But in online versions for me the controls don't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.
10 hours ago, Christian P. Martinez said:

Is GInput supported on Liberty Unleashed and VC-MP? In offline versions everything works great! But in online versions for me the controls don't work.

That's normal thing. Most ASI plugins are banned on multiplayer clients and servers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christian P. Martinez
10 hours ago, gts. said:

That's normal thing. Most ASI plugins are banned on multiplayer clients and servers.

Thanks for the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pirushu

You will call me picky, but I was modifying the textures of X360btns.txd so that it looks more like the control of Xbox one (Because that is the control that I have) and then here I leave them in case you are interested  http://www.mediafire.com/file/r282h6hq3lgaqxn/x360btns.txd/file 

Edited by Pirushu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaDiDa
42 minutes ago, Pirushu said:

You will call me picky, but I was modifying the textures of X360btns.txd so that it looks more like the control of Xbox one (Because that is the control that I have) and then here I leave them in case you are interested  http://www.mediafire.com/file/r282h6hq3lgaqxn/x360btns.txd/file 

Should've compressed them to dxt3 instead of dxt1, they look awful now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Lucky Mole
4 minutes ago, LaDiDa said:

Should've compressed them to dxt3 instead of dxt1, they look awful now.

Why compression anyways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pirushu
11 minutes ago, LaDiDa said:

Should've compressed them to dxt3 instead of dxt1, they look awful now.

I can still correct that, in a moment I do 
Update: I will have to use Dxt2 or Dxt4, the 3 gives me the same problem with the white lines around the icons 😕

6 minutes ago, The Lucky Mole said:

Why compression anyways?

If I don't compress it, white lines appear around the icons around the game

Edited by Pirushu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Lucky Mole
2 minutes ago, Pirushu said:

If I don't compress it, white lines appear around the icons around the game

Oh, didn't know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735

Didn't we release that PS4 and XB1 pack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pirushu
1 hour ago, Ash_735 said:

Didn't we release that PS4 and XB1 pack?

I just borrowed the D-Pad icons from a website (I don't remember where), but I did the rest by editing the textures of the X360btns.txd 

 

Oh, I remembered, it was you who shared it here, it was also me who edited the X360btns back then, but I never liked them they looked too modern for the game.  Anyway, I just did it for me and shared it in case anyone was interested (If you like the other you can use it) Although seeing it again I can edit it a bit and it would look better... I need someone to ban me the PC while I'm sick. God!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiDrxEEn9ms-C-RLd5v4RSnnphL5Z2Pb/view

Edited by Pirushu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rebel_Yell

Greetings, New user here I just wanted to ask about my inability to strafe while aiming with a sniper. Im using XboxOne Controller, I can strafe with my left stick with every single gun, left stick with sniper I think moves around the cross-hair I dont remember off the top of my head atm, but is there any way to strafe with sniper with the mod 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maks_Grain4

Is there any way to turn the control parameter back on? switch standard control to normal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silent
24 minutes ago, Maks_Grain4 said:

Is there any way to turn the control parameter back on? switch standard control to normal

In SA? No, as you should not need this. In III/VC GInput doesn't touch it.

 

On 12/25/2019 at 11:07 AM, Rebel_Yell said:

Greetings, New user here I just wanted to ask about my inability to strafe while aiming with a sniper. Im using XboxOne Controller, I can strafe with my left stick with every single gun, left stick with sniper I think moves around the cross-hair I dont remember off the top of my head atm, but is there any way to strafe with sniper with the mod 

iirc you can't, and that's how it is on PS2 too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maks_Grain4
3 hours ago, Silent said:

In SA? No, as you should not need this. In III/VC GInput doesn't touch it.

I play the usual controls using the keyboard. there is no control selection function. fix it somehow, or tell me how to change in the ini file - so that it falls into place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pirushu
44 minutes ago, Maks_Grain4 said:

I play the usual controls using the keyboard. there is no control selection function. fix it somehow, or tell me how to change in the ini file - so that it falls into place

I think the only difference is the way of aiming, that you can configure in [FreeAim = 1]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maks_Grain4
11 hours ago, Pirushu said:

I think the only difference is the way of aiming, that you can configure in [FreeAim = 1]

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevinTheBully

Is Steam Controller works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silent
5 hours ago, KevinTheBully said:

Is Steam Controller works?

Only XInput devices do - so depends if you can make Steam Controller use XInput. I have not tried that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NastyOpossum

I just got done using GInput in San Andreas and it worked great. So thank you, Silent, I really appreciate the extremely useful mod! But now I'm trying to get it working with Vice City (patch 1.1) and I'm running into the issue of my controller not being picked up. My DX User Run-Times are up to date, my controller (wired Xbox One controller) supports XInput, and I've tried it with and without any other mods installed, including a variety of mod loaders. Any help would be very appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brad86

Looooong time lurker, signed up to share this mod for those that want it :)

 

Ethan-White1603's DualShock 4 set implemented for all three games, for a consistent and clean look. Highlighted buttons tweaked to match each games colour scheme.

 

GTAIII

zDYr9Zx.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7oceoigakb85t4d/DS4_Promts_GTAIII.zip/file

 

GTAVC

HA74lNe.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/747xv4dtj46urk0/DS4_Promts_GTAVC.zip/file

 

GTASA

YJy4UQl.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/llcsi28vkmddk8q/DS4_Promts_GTASA.zip/file

 

Now we just need a mod that allows them to be scaled larger in the menus as it is currently on the small side, especially in SA.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jsd85

So I've been playing single player with my steam controller and have tried to play the co-op, but when I hit a button on the second controller the icon disappears and nothing happens.  Anyone have experience troubleshooting this?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pirushu
5 hours ago, jsd85 said:

So I've been playing single player with my steam controller and have tried to play the co-op, but when I hit a button on the second controller the icon disappears and nothing happens.  Anyone have experience troubleshooting this?  

I think you wrongly installed the co-op mod

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silent
On 1/5/2020 at 2:35 PM, NastyOpossum said:

I just got done using GInput in San Andreas and it worked great. So thank you, Silent, I really appreciate the extremely useful mod! But now I'm trying to get it working with Vice City (patch 1.1) and I'm running into the issue of my controller not being picked up. My DX User Run-Times are up to date, my controller (wired Xbox One controller) supports XInput, and I've tried it with and without any other mods installed, including a variety of mod loaders. Any help would be very appreciated.

Are you 100% sure it works with San Andreas too? As in, do you see actual controller prompts there or "JOYx" texts?

  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jsd85
16 hours ago, Pirushu said:

I think you wrongly installed the co-op mod

I was under the impression that either part of the silent patch or ginput enabled coop, but I was wrong.  Installed coop mod + cleo and it works now.  Just not girlfriend coop, which is fine I guess.  

Anyone know if there's a co-op mod that allows you to do submissions, gang wars, etc with your co-op partner?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skatefilter5

Yo silent can you make 2player on keyboard version. I can map controls on both players like saac.

And I do control both players for years. I tried saac 1.2 in gta underground some how it's disabled or doesn't in this lastest mod, or some cases SAMP in underground anti cheat thing.

 

-I don't play samp -boring -ban pr0n or rage quits -ped or cars -i don't like running as peds

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silent
10 hours ago, skatefilter5 said:

Yo silent can you make 2player on keyboard version. I can map controls on both players like saac.

And I do control both players for years. I tried saac 1.2 in gta underground some how it's disabled or doesn't in this lastest mod, or some cases SAMP in underground anti cheat thing.

 

-I don't play samp -boring -ban pr0n or rage quits -ped or cars -i don't like running as peds

 

 

No, that's outside of GInput's scope. With GInput you need at least one gamepad (for player 2), so if you want to use keyboard for both players then you might have to stick to SAAC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rebel_Yell
On 12/30/2019 at 12:39 PM, Silent said:

 

iirc you can't, and that's how it is on PS2 too.

 Thank you for replying, but Im confused as Im able to strafe using the default keys on the keyboard while aiming with sniper. (WASD movement keys) But I cant do it with the plugin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silent
10 hours ago, Rebel_Yell said:

 Thank you for replying, but Im confused as Im able to strafe using the default keys on the keyboard while aiming with sniper. (WASD movement keys) But I cant do it with the plugin?

I'd need to check, but it can be a difference between keyboard and gamepad controls (even without GInput). The option to swap analog sticks when aiming with a sniper rifle may also come in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevinTheBully

How about the Xbox Elite Controller?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.