Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Silent

GInput

Recommended Posts

BustaCJ
1 hour ago, Pirushu said:

It only works with Xinput controls, but do not worry, you just have to use the X360ce, to emulate an Xinput with any other gamepad

Whoa thanks dude! That worked fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolf_Gamer
1 hour ago, Pirushu said:

In theory yes, but you need x360ce to work with the mod

I did not understand what is it x360ce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pirushu
1 minute ago, Wolf_Gamer said:

I did not understand what is it x360ce?

It is an emulator of Xinput devices (Xinput is the current standard of controls) In games before the Xbox 360 DirectInput was used and is still used in many generic gamepads and I think it is also used when you connect a Ps3 / Ps4 control to the PC , but I'm not sure) X360ce "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" is used to convert the DirectInput signal into Xinput

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolf_Gamer
15 minutes ago, Pirushu said:

It is an emulator of Xinput devices (Xinput is the current standard of controls) In games before the Xbox 360 DirectInput was used and is still used in many generic gamepads and I think it is also used when you connect a Ps3 / Ps4 control to the PC , but I'm not sure) X360ce "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" is used to convert the DirectInput signal into Xinput

Ok I'll see a tutorial on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rafaelalcid

Hi.

I'm sorry (about 2 years this topic), but I can't install GInput on my GTA. I wonder if that is because mine is Windows 10?

And I'm opening x360 in administrator mode (but, anyway, San Andreas is not showing buttons; only the cursed Joypad, lol).

Can anyone help me??

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pirushu
27 minutes ago, rafaelalcid said:

Hi.

I'm sorry (about 2 years this topic), but I can't install GInput on my GTA. I wonder if that is because mine is Windows 10?

And I'm opening x360 in administrator mode (but, anyway, San Andreas is not showing buttons; only the cursed Joypad, lol).

Can anyone help me??

Thanks.

Have you already installed the Asi loader?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rafaelalcid
18 minutes ago, Pirushu said:

Have you already installed the Asi loader?

NO!

Where do I find it???

I am about two days searching about this (to play GTA San Andreas with a PS2/ USB controller) and no one ever told me anything about it!

How do I install it?

Hehe: thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rafaelalcid
16 minutes ago, rafaelalcid said:

NO!

Where do I find it???

I am about two days searching about this (to play GTA San Andreas with a PS2/ USB controller) and no one ever told me anything about it!

How do I install it?

Hehe: thanks!

Okay: I did it here.

Now can I put GInput and x360?

50 minutes ago, Pirushu said:

Have you already installed the Asi loader?

MAN! IT WORKED!!!

If you were from Brazil, I would kiss you, hahaha!

God bless you, man!

Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hbohivoyu8vy

Me alludan? quiero que tenga los botones de ps2 y no los de xbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrien48cb
11 minutes ago, hbohivoyu8vy said:

Me alludan? quiero que tenga los botones de ps2 y no los de xbox

1: Open the .ini file

2: search PlayStation Buttons = 1

3: replace it to 0 and save

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zerosaber75
On 11/2/2018 at 9:22 PM, Ash_735 said:

So recently Owen (Vannimon) completed his controller button pack which covers PlayStation 3/4 and Xbox/360/One, so just asking here to gauge interest in how many of you would like a TXD for PS4/XB1 buttons?

 

playstation_and_xbox_controller_button_p

Is there a set of these prompts made for GTA III? I think a white outline for these icons would be good to help them stand out from the black text boxes more easily when they pop up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tizerist

Is there a way to set individual buttons of my preference? Or only sets? The only thing I really want  is to use the D-pad directions as functionable buttons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrien48cb

Hello, is there a way to decrease the camera sensitivity on gamepad? I decreased the RightStickSensitivity value and it's still too fast :/

 

Playing with manual aiming is horrible, on GInput.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silent
7 hours ago, tizerist said:

Is there a way to set individual buttons of my preference? Or only sets? The only thing I really want  is to use the D-pad directions as functionable buttons. 

Not currently. You are limited to what the INI configuration offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogerbee

Just got a DS4 today and will get the pc adapter for it shorlty, turns out Sony make one. I already have GInput installed and working with my DS3, is there anything else I need once I get my DS4 and adapter set up? I think the adapter comes with software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaDiDa
Posted (edited)

You could always just run a game through steams big picture mode to convert to xinput if necessary. SCPToolkit however might be more handy in most scenarios.

Edited by LaDiDa
Damn autocorrect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inadequate
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Just got a DS4 today and will get the pc adapter for it shorlty, turns out Sony make one. I already have GInput installed and working with my DS3, is there anything else I need once I get my DS4 and adapter set up? I think the adapter comes with software.

You don't need any adapter actually as far as I know. My DS4 works fine hooking it up through bluetooth or usb cable using DS4Windows, including the lightbar and those DS4 features.

Edited by Inadequate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.
3 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Just got a DS4 today and will get the pc adapter for it shorlty, turns out Sony make one. I already have GInput installed and working with my DS3, is there anything else I need once I get my DS4 and adapter set up? I think the adapter comes with software.

I got curious... Which adapter are you going to get? Also, DS4Windows is the best way to use your DualShock 4 on PC and gaming with it. Even you can create profiles for each game including lightbar colors, etc. Is easy to set up it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogerbee

Thanks for the input guys,

 

I'm getting the Sony adapter. My GTA San Andreas is downgraded and doesn't use Steam to run as far as I know, I think I can run other games I have via Steam and not need anything else. I may just see how I go with the adapter as is. I've still got my DS3 if I need a GTA fix and I already know that works. I know I can just play my Steam games with that and not need anything so it should be the same with the DS4.

 

We will see...

 

CHEERS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George Costanza

i thought steam can force it's own dualshock4 to xinput as long as steam is running in background. no need to run game via steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zerosaber75

There's also some minor issue with GInput with III, one being not being able to skip the intro FMVs with the controller anymore, and another were it breaks the "ReplaceTextShadowWithOutline" function of ThriteenAG's widescreen fix in the menus and it forces the shadows instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrien48cb
7 hours ago, zerosaber75 said:

There's also some minor issue with GInput with III, one being not being able to skip the intro FMVs with the controller anymore, and another were it breaks the "ReplaceTextShadowWithOutline" function of ThriteenAG's widescreen fix in the menus and it forces the shadows instead.

About 13AG'S Widescreen fix, i recommend to move the GInputIII.asi/ini files to the root folder, instead of moving it to the scripts folder. I did this, and the ReplaceTextShadowWithOutline function works now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogerbee
10 hours ago, George Costanza said:

i thought steam can force it's own dualshock4 to xinput as long as steam is running in background. no need to run game via steam.

Cool,

 

The adapter looks like it'll take another couple of weeks to get here, but, that's good to know. I guess I'll find out.

 

CHEERS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zerosaber75
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, adrien48cb said:

About 13AG'S Widescreen fix, i recommend to move the GInputIII.asi/ini files to the root folder, instead of moving it to the scripts folder. I did this, and the ReplaceTextShadowWithOutline function works now.

I had a bit of a problem where this didn't work at first, but after fixing "LoadFromScriptsOnly" from 0 to 1 from global.ini, that fixed the outline issue. Thank you.

Edited by zerosaber75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogerbee
Posted (edited)

Something occurred to me earlier,
 

While I was installing Assetto Corsa, Steam told me there was a pending update for GTA San Andreas. It wouldn't let me do anything till I'd installed it. Now it has installed, do I need to downgrade again before GInput will work!?

Edited by Rogerbee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrien48cb
16 hours ago, zerosaber75 said:

I had a bit of a problem where this didn't work at first, but after fixing "LoadFromScriptsOnly" from 0 to 1 from global.ini, that fixed the outline issue. Thank you.

Ah :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leinad

In GTA SA PC version, on mission Home Invasion it's possible to sneak/stealth with ALT key, but, is it possible with GInput?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pirushu
8 minutes ago, Leinad said:

In GTA SA PC version, on mission Home Invasion it's possible to sneak/stealth with ALT key, but, is it possible with GInput?

Yes, you have to move the joystick more lightly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.