3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Silent

GInput

Rogerbee

It could be, I mean the controller works and the Mayflash light stays constant to show it's synced. I'll leave it for now. I've no idea how long DS3's stay charged when in constant use.

EDIT:

Panic over, the lights were purely the controller going flat, charged it and it's fine. (I've only had it a couple of days and never owned a PS3.) Messed up a widescreen fix though, uninstalled the game, downloaded again, reinstalled, ran the downgrader and installed all the mods with it and it's running like a dream now.

Happy days!

Edited by Rogerbee

xoutput

Is there any way to force GInput to use a controller other than the first one? I have two controllers plugged in and I want to use the one that's counted as the second one in Windows but haven't found a solution other than unplugging the first one, which I don't want to do every time I want to play GTA. I tried disabling the first controller through the device manager, and even though it gets disabled and I can't even test it through the control panel, GTA still picks its inputs up as the first controller. I tried setting the second controller to be the preferred controller in the control panel and that didn't work either (this is the only game where the preferred controller option has ever not worked for me). In any future updates, would it be possible to have GInput use the last controller that pressed a button? Oh and is the source for GInput available anywhere?

Claude_Lib

There is an option to swap Pad1 and Pad2 somewhere in the INI, I believe.

xoutput

There is an option to swap Pad1 and Pad2 somewhere in the INI, I believe.

I tried that option, but it doesn't function that way. That option just makes the first XInput controller control the second player, so that you can play co-op with player 1 on the keyboard and mouse, and player two on the first controller.

Pirushu

Is there any way to force GInput to use a controller other than the first one? I have two controllers plugged in and I want to use the one that's counted as the second one in Windows but haven't found a solution other than unplugging the first one, which I don't want to do every time I want to play GTA. I tried disabling the first controller through the device manager, and even though it gets disabled and I can't even test it through the control panel, GTA still picks its inputs up as the first controller. I tried setting the second controller to be the preferred controller in the control panel and that didn't work either (this is the only game where the preferred controller option has ever not worked for me). In any future updates, would it be possible to have GInput use the last controller that pressed a button? Oh and is the source for GInput available anywhere?

Search the GinputSA (or the VC or III) ini this line:
; Makes the first XInput pad control the second player
MapPadOneToPadTwo = 0
and change the 0 to a 1

xoutput

Search the GinputSA (or the VC or III) ini this line:
; Makes the first XInput pad control the second player
MapPadOneToPadTwo = 0
and change the 0 to a 1

That's the option I was walking about in my last post. It makes the first controller control the second player, but not the other way around.

Edited by xoutput

Silent

I have good and bad news. Bad news is, currently I don't think you can do that, maybe with some third party tools (XInput Plus?). Good news is, it has become a problem for myself since the last release too, so the next version will definitely be able to cope with such cases - most likely, game will stop assuming 1st player pad is XInput pad 1 but instead will wait for input from any pad, and the first one to send input will be treated as primary (I believe that's how most AAA games handle it).

Another bad news is, while this will definitely happen at some point, I have no ETAs on that - I haven't been touching GInput for months by now.

Also you asked about source - no, source is not publicly available atm.

BTW. I believe disabling/enabling controllers and "preferred controller" are DirectInput settings, while I am exclusively using XInput.

Edited by Silent

Pirushu

I have good and bad news. Bad news is, currently I don't think you can do that, maybe with some third party tools (XInput Plus?). Good news is, it has become a problem for myself since the last release too, so the next version will definitely be able to cope with such cases - most likely, game will stop assuming 1st player pad is XInput pad 1 but instead will wait for input from any pad, and the first one to send input will be treated as primary (I believe that's how most AAA games handle it).

Another bad news is, while this will definitely happen at some point, I have no ETAs on that - I haven't been touching GInput for months by now.

BTW. I believe disabling/enabling controllers and "preferred controller" are DirectInput settings, while I am exclusively using XInput.

It's strange. in my case, the game recognizes the first input of any pad and configures it as player 1, (in fact, until the control that was the first, player 2 is reconfigured)
PS: Both controls that I have are Xinput and I have not edited the GInput.ini

xoutput

Well at least I know I'll be able to play at some point in the future. What's your solution to this problem when you play, just unplugging the other controller?

xoutput

It's strange. in my case, the game recognizes the first input of any pad and configures it as player 1, (in fact, until the control that was the first, player 2 is reconfigured)

Which version of GInput are you using?

Edit: I was thinking about this more and I wonder if there's a way to make inputs from one XInput controller activate them on another one, kind of like a controller version of Joy2Key.

Edited by xoutput

Pirushu

Which version of GInput are you using?

Edit: I was thinking about this more and I wonder if there's a way to make inputs from one XInput controller activate them on another one, kind of like a controller version of Joy2Key.

Well the last one, I think
although I noticed something experimenting later, the game recognizes the control with the first input, but that only works when I use the wireless control, if I use a wired control that was already set as player 2 it does not recognize the first input

I think it's because of the drivers of the Xbox Wireless Gamepads, and not with the mod in my case
Edited by Pirushu

Alkimical

The link not working

Pirushu
9 minutes ago, Alkimical said:

The link not working

For now GTAGarage is closed, I do not know when it will reopen

sithren

Hi there. This is a great mod. I've been using this with the regular steam version (not downgraded). Everything seems to work fine except for button prompts. I am using an xbox one controller. I'm wondering, do I need to downgrade the game to see the xbox button prompts? 

Thanks.

edit: I also have silent's patch and asi loader installed. But I installed the loader and patch after ginput and played around in game before installing them. 

edit 2: huh, I'm looking at a downgrader guide and am only now learning that the current version on steam support x360 controllers. Did not know that. This must mean that the ginput is simply not working. I will look into downgrading. The silent patch is great btw.

Edited by sithren

sithren

I'll do a double post so that my new questions are in a new post. Please merge if this is not acceptable.

So I downgraded the game, and the downgrader gave me the opportunity to install some other patches for the ui and widescreen and a cool ps2 graphics fix. After adjusting that last mod, the game looks amazing! And I now see x360 button prompts.

This was also much easier than I thought it would be. GTA modders are the best! Thank you everyone!

Now I have to figure out if there are any texture mods...

SHIFAAU9 / SHIFAAH9

well there are a ton of texture mods around the internet, pick one that u like. (don't PM me about link's! saying cause noob/people do PM me about stuff like that!)

oh and the default x360 stuff in steam GTA SA suck's compered to Ginput.

Pirushu
18 hours ago, sithren said:

I'll do a double post so that my new questions are in a new post. Please merge if this is not acceptable.

So I downgraded the game, and the downgrader gave me the opportunity to install some other patches for the ui and widescreen and a cool ps2 graphics fix. After adjusting that last mod, the game looks amazing! And I now see x360 button prompts.

This was also much easier than I thought it would be. GTA modders are the best! Thank you everyone!

Now I have to figure out if there are any texture mods...

In fact you could even leave the original textures, the game loses its essence if you put a texture that does not fit with the rest of textures or polygons or that are too compressed that do not look good in the small streets of GTA SA

At the most (In my opinion) would put remastered textures, like textures of the Xbox 360 version or something like that

boludoz

please, can you do it for android?, Android bluetooth joystick, but it has messy buttons, and it does not have support for 2 players, it would be great to have 2 players on android.

Silent

I can't, sorry.

HonScottoSolo

In order for you to use this mod, you must download: Cleo, or Silent's asi. Your welcome, if you guys didn't have read the "read me" txt.

Edited by HonScottoSolo
Fixing errors.

firedihm
3 hours ago, HonScottoSolo said:

In order for you to use this mod, you must download: Cleo, or Silent's asi. Your welcome, if you guys didn't have read the "read me" txt.

Wow, thank you! Now I can install this mod!!1

Edited by firedihm

Garpown

Hey everything works fine in III and VC with this mod but I can't skip the intro in III. I have to use the mouse. What could be blocking Ginput?

Marsi4eg

Do you turn on your gamepad after the game is started? I have this kind of issue only if I enable my gamepad after the game was launched. If gamepad is already on - intro skips well

Garpown
3 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

Do you turn on your gamepad after the game is started? I have this kind of issue only if I enable my gamepad after the game was launched. If gamepad is already on - intro skips well

It's on. 

VC on the other hand is the exact opposite, even touching the analog skips the intro so I'm not sure why III refuses to.

Marsi4eg

Try to place GInput into "mss" directory in gta3, so it will be loaded by native asi loader and at different moment. Maybe it's loaded late if you place it into "scripts" or game root dir (so being loaded by ultimate asi loader).

Garpown
34 minutes ago, Marsi4eg said:

Try to place GInput into "mss" directory in gta3, so it will be loaded by native asi loader and at different moment. Maybe it's loaded late if you place it into "scripts" or game root dir (so being loaded by ultimate asi loader).

Holy crap, it worked. Thank you.

FabioB

Modloader fails to load ginput.asi; errcode: 0x07e.

What's up?

Won't load neither if place the files (.asi; .ini) in the root directory...

I use Silent ASI Loader.

Seams the only ASI that fail to load.

Somebody can help me?

Edited by FabioB

LaDiDa

You put .asi, .ini and models folder in folder where .exe is located and you're done. Do make sure that global.ini doesn't only load from scripts folder.