2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Travís.

Do you use other forums?

Travís.

GTA Forums are the only forums I use, and that made me decide to ask if other people use other forums or are you only using GTAF?

Another reason I ask is because I am quite interested in learning of other forums I may decide to use. smile.gif

Sneakerhead.

I use the ForzaMotorsport official forums, and GTPlanet along with GTAF.

Jimmy_Leppard
I use GTPlanet and GTAForums, that's about it.

Moonshield

The Forever Doomed forum for heavy ass f*cking doom metalz.

LittleBlueTroll

Just this one for me. I've signed up for a few forums over the years for specific games or subjects, but i never even used the accounts.

Like i said before in another topic, the pace here is great. Active enough to keep you occupied and able to track all your posts and replies. One of the biggest credits to the forum is the fact that the boards aren't spammed with advertizements, I've seen forums who end up with advertizing banners running through the middle of a topic, it does not make for pleasant viewing. Same with the sig size, other forums have signatures sizes that are so huge you can only fit about 2 replies on each page, its mental.

This forum just makes sense to me, everything seems to be done right. I like the fact the karma system was removed, i like the idea of official gangs, i like the awards idea. And more importantly, i think the community and staff here are great.

Only one suggestion i would ever have, is maybe getting an official member title for some milestones, for example getting a little icon under your avatar when you hit your 1 year joined, 3 years, 5 years ETC. Just to show your loyalty to the board and the fact you've stuck around. That way, its not something people can easily achieve like a post count icon.

Ciaran

This and No Mutants allowed for Fallout but i only used NMA for a day cos the layout and Design of it is Horrible, Oh and i forgot, I regulary go onto the Fallout Wikia which is a really good forum but i never post in it

Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements

NCONiall

I used to visit World of Gothic, which is part of the German World of Players forum-network. The English section of WoG closed down in May due to inactivity, and since I don't know German I had to leave. I didn't do much there; I helped some people with the games, and rarely took part in some off-topic discussions.

As of now, this is the only forum I regularly visit. Though I sometimes visit World of Risen (which has an English section), to view; to see if there have been any major announcements from the company.

EDIT: In fact, looking there now, four more posts on this forum, and I'll have taken over the the amount of posts I have on that forum (1,010).

Edited by NCONiall

Shoumaker

Based on my first posts on this very forum it should be easy to determine whether I've been a member on another board before or not. Yeah, GTAF is the only forum I'm part of. I don't know, there's something different about this place and there isn't a better forum out there in my opinion. This place has a great community feel to it; I don't know if I'll bother signing up for another forum unless I'm banned here or something.

Travís.
Just this one for me. I've signed up for a few forums over the years for specific games or subjects, but i never even used the accounts.

Like i said before in another topic, the pace here is great. Active enough to keep you occupied and able to track all your posts and replies. One of the biggest credits to the forum is the fact that the boards aren't spammed with advertizements, I've seen forums who end up with advertizing banners running through the middle of a topic, it does not make for pleasant viewing. Same with the sig size, other forums have signatures sizes that are so huge you can only fit about 2 replies on each page, its mental.

This forum just makes sense to me, everything seems to be done right. I like the fact the karma system was removed, i like the idea of official gangs, i like the awards idea. And more importantly, i think the community and staff here are great.

Only one suggestion i would ever have, is maybe getting an official member title for some milestones, for example getting a little icon under your avatar when you hit your 1 year joined, 3 years, 5 years ETC. Just to show your loyalty to the board and the fact you've stuck around. That way, its not something people can easily achieve like a post count icon.

everything you said about the forum is probably exactly what brings me back, and you're ideas for milestones to show loyalty to the forum sounds like a great Idea, why don't you suggest it?

Fnorg

I don't post on any other forums frequently, but I do crawl around 4chan's /fit/ for strength training related stupidity and StyleForum if I need to check up some stuff or ideas on stuff to piss away money on.

Kiffster

I've joined the Sega forum and the Tomb Raider forum, but I've only posted 1 thing in each lololol

I only use GTAForums biggrin.gif

Oh and NAG magazine forums, but I don't post there too often... (NAG magazine is my gaming bible here in South Africa. New issue coming tomorrow inlove.gif )

Edited by Werebot85

Finn 7 five 11

Everything you said here is perfect, the community has a great level of activity, you can have a discussion without being lost in the crowd, you can recognize the same members around, but not so little that every topic dies quickly.

The staff are all fair as well, you can have a bit of arguing and a little name calling with being warned, and you can be off topic a bit and it doesn't usually matter, and the mods are all very reasonable, and it's funny watching them f*ck with other members at times haha.

It's also nice and easy to navigate, easy on the eyes as well like you said with a simple design and with plenty of skins.

I have used other forums, but this is the best, other forums I either let my account die, or rarely visit.

sivispacem

The Nexus Forum occasionally, MWO Mercs, RS246, Motorgeek, The Register, the British Hillclimb and Sprint Association and Speedhunters. I used to spend a lot of time on Pistonheads but it went downhill for a bit. I might re-register.

Joaoseinha

This has been my main forums since I registered here(I started reading and coming here for gta info in 2009).I also go to some random game forums if I need help or for randomness,but that's pretty much it

I barely have time to read this forum let alone others, but I'm registered on couple of other forums, but none of them are gta-related.

Vercetti42

I used to be on a forum called Tanki Online forum which had in comparison to GTAForums is incredibly sh*t. At that time I was a bit of a retard so I went about trolling with other people's account but the mods didn't really know it was me, I don't really visit it any more though.

GTAForums is the longest forum I've been on, can't believe it's nearly a year since I first registered.

Travís.
I used to be on a forum called Tanki Online forum which had in comparison to GTAForums is incredibly sh*t. At that time I was a bit of a retard so I went about trolling with other people's account but the mods didn't really know it was me, I don't really visit it any more though.

GTAForums is the longest forum I've been on, can't believe it's nearly a year since I first registered.

Yeah i've been on here 4 months exactly today, and I can't believe how fast it's gone!

na89340qv0n34b09q340

I signed up for somethingawful to read the LP section, I don't post there though. I bought the archives too, but those never get used. confused.gif Also back when I first got into emulation and romhacking I used The Pokemon Community Forums because they have (one of?) the best Pokemon romhacking sections out there. Members there are responsible for hundreds of tools, documents, and games related to Pokemon romhacking. I left because the community unironically wrote "^_^" a lot, and you had to be an established member for anyone to take you seriously. I also lurk two or three other forums that aren't worth mentioning because they're either dying or almost completely abandoned. confused.gif

Edited by zoo3891

Gummy 

GTAForums and Facepunch.

I vist GTAF a lot more often though.

RedDagger

I've been on quite a few, though at the moment it's just this and the redlynx forums (i.e. Trials evo and Trials fusion). Love me some Trials...

Larger places like reddit just have lower quality - especially reddit tounge.gif

E•MO•TION

I was a member of the Canadian Public Transit Discussion Board until I rage quit last year.

Wow. I was a loser in high school. suicidal.gif

WHAT!?

Recently started visiting GTAMAD... beyond that this is the only forum I really frequent. I'll visit others for information, but I rarely create an account.

Rewas

I only use GTAForums. I have some accounts on other forums, but I only use GTAForums.

GTAForums Life for me.

Devyl

The Something Awful Forums. Costs $10 to join. Upgrades include $15 for platinum (gives you access to searching, allows you to report people, and allows PMs), $10 to change your avatar & title ($5 and you can change someone else's avatar & title to whatever you want), $10 for archives of the forums, and $5 for ad-free posting.

Now, obviously you don't have to pay to read the forums; only to create an account. However, the forums are censored and missing some sub-forums unless you register. I was on the fence about paying to post in a forum, but honestly, it was one of the best decisions I've made. If anyone remembers Cojawfee, he is a prominent poster there as well. I've been a member there since '05.

There's also a lot of fame that came from SA. Things like Slender Man came from there. So did the force-closing of all those pedophile sub-reddits from Reddit. The forums made it on Anderson Cooper 360 with that.

Edited by Devyl

EvilFuture

The only other forum site I've signed up to is UltimateMetal Forums. I've only signed in like 5 times or so lol

Wolf of Badenoch

SkyscraperpageFourm.com is the only other fourm I'm a member of.

Edited by Valenta

Sgt. Foley

Just TheTechGame and GTAForums.

I stopped using a lot of them because of the community.

The__Phoenix

Yes, Neogaf and sportbooksreview forum.

On Gaf I´m allowed to say c*nt and f*ck off you little pussy and not be warned. On sportbooksreview forum I can post tits without have a f*cking reminder or a f*cking verbal warning. And GTAf... it´s hard to say, well, trolling Rockstar games is one of my favorite hobbies, it could be the reason why I'm here.

GoldenBlade

I used to use quite a few forums, but now, I only use GTAForums and GTPlanet.

fridaynightscream