3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[3DSMAX|REL] OpenIV openFormats I/O

Alexander Blade

Okay so I don't know if you guys(yes there's two of you who could have replied) have either

not seen my post

was too busy with fristyminator's issue

did not bother to(yes sorry its a bit long) or could not view the video

or just realized that the I/O has an issue that for some reason messes up the hierarchies(well it did on one occasion but I managed to find its cause)

If you can't view the video, or have any of the mentioned issues, please tell me as I can not do anything due this issue.

Haha :) Sorry bro! :) maybe i could help with the issue? Maybe post a picture of your heehaarchy ?

By the video it seems like you have the same issue as me. You have to edit the index ID's manually in 3DS object props for each item. Shown in OpenIV's Resource Explorer. ( CTRL+R and click your way to [ drawable - skeleton - bones ] and name the dummies in 3dsmax ( Object Properties - User Defined ) with the correct BoneIndex, BoneID and MirrorID relative to the list in OpenIV

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jqpmtpk7stpuwr/Screenshot%202014-11-20%2000.26.38.png?dl=0

Oh shoot, I just briefly read your issue and I thought you have problems with character models, my apologies.

Hope you also get your issues solved :) Now i just have to try to learn how to properly set materials :) they can be a biii*ch :) No for char models i still use GIMS :O:)

Yes thanks it worked... The only thing I can't do with materials is UV Map them as the picture is not actually linked to it, only its name.

No problem at all :) just apply the UV mapping, and in the Mapping window, press the [ CheckerPattern ( Checker ) ] in the top right corner and press Pick Texture.

Choose the texture you're using for the object you are mapping, and you're good to go mapping your textures properly :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47832794/Image1.png

Happy with my result so far :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47832794/SideBak.png

Everything exporting properly, but i really hope there will be a fix for the ID issues when removing or adding object dummies :)

Wow that's quiet nice, did you make that from scratch?

Okay so I don't know if you guys(yes there's two of you who could have replied) have either

not seen my post

was too busy with fristyminator's issue

did not bother to(yes sorry its a bit long) or could not view the video

or just realized that the I/O has an issue that for some reason messes up the hierarchies(well it did on one occasion but I managed to find its cause)

If you can't view the video, or have any of the mentioned issues, please tell me as I can not do anything due this issue.

Haha :) Sorry bro! :) maybe i could help with the issue? Maybe post a picture of your heehaarchy ?

By the video it seems like you have the same issue as me. You have to edit the index ID's manually in 3DS object props for each item. Shown in OpenIV's Resource Explorer. ( CTRL+R and click your way to [ drawable - skeleton - bones ] and name the dummies in 3dsmax ( Object Properties - User Defined ) with the correct BoneIndex, BoneID and MirrorID relative to the list in OpenIV

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jqpmtpk7stpuwr/Screenshot%202014-11-20%2000.26.38.png?dl=0

Oh shoot, I just briefly read your issue and I thought you have problems with character models, my apologies.

Hope you also get your issues solved :) Now i just have to try to learn how to properly set materials :) they can be a biii*ch :) No for char models i still use GIMS :O:)

Yes thanks it worked... The only thing I can't do with materials is UV Map them as the picture is not actually linked to it, only its name.

No problem at all :) just apply the UV mapping, and in the Mapping window, press the [ CheckerPattern ( Checker ) ] in the top right corner and press Pick Texture.

Choose the texture you're using for the object you are mapping, and you're good to go mapping your textures properly :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47832794/Image1.png

Happy with my result so far :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47832794/SideBak.png

Everything exporting properly, but i really hope there will be a fix for the ID issues when removing or adding object dummies :)

Wow that's quiet nice, did you make that from scratch?

Wish i could say so :) But i've just added new stuff like the rear Hänsch led housing, the front hella-light holder w/ led housing and redone alot on the model itself. It was rather incomplete :O

The devil is in the details, so i'll keep on adding and removing till i reach the Norwegian look im after :)

This is how it looked from the start :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdHAHFLhMD4

i installed this like read me file said, i went and raised the ram to 512 mb and switched to png after i try whit out first, still it says it dont have proper import module in 3ds max 2015.

where i can get 2012 version? if that is the problem, this can be frustrating as every info is scattered/dated and answers can made several days later.

all i want is giant size player model as 4-5 story´s high and proportionally wide, the texture can be distorted as long the skeleton has normal movement, i was trying to make giant robot from objects in map whit snt 6.5.

Edited by kosseboy

Herro again :) Just one curios question :)

The model is now working as i wanted. Fixed the minor issues with general poking into the other models :) so im almost there! Only thing left is that the Front indicators is lit all the time. Any particular reason why this could be? It's mapped with same texture as the rear ones which works perfectly. And they got the default dummies, only reoriented from the original indicatorlights that was in the lower front part of the chassis.

I detached two parts from the chassis, and made them indicator_lf and *_rf , but still they are lit all the time.

Edited by Firstyminator

Allright. Sorted out the lights issues by seeking out any changes. I found that the vertex Alpha channel has to be different for each light :) After about 20 hours of exploring :D

Edited by Firstyminator

As there is no option to import the wft into zmodeler after export in OFIO, are there any guide how to set up multiple liveries on a vehicle ? I've tried to use same settings as the default vehicles, with paint2 and paint3, but still ingame it will not show multiple liveries on my model.

Use for 'liveries' 2nd UV channel to your model.

RzGY.png

Hey thanks! :) Trying it right now. Can i do this for materials with Paint1 ? or do i have to use Paint2 or 3 for this to work ?

Doing this with UVW Mapping, and selecting Move to Channel 2, caused the game to crash upon loading :O hmm

Edited by Firstyminator

Hi Mixaaaz, HI Alexander,

i already sent this msg in GIMS topic but maybe you can help me

I have a big problem that i havent for route 66 with traffic path.

I explain, in French_riviera 's traffic path, each time i have a big accident or i hit cops or i shoot peds my level increases, this is normal but IT CRASHES all time !

Is there any problem with PATHSPLINES or flags i have to choose in GIMS ???

I only have PATHSPLINES AND INTERSECTION DUMMYS, no NODS

Thx in advance for all what you did and do

PS : thx a LOT for navmesh ped path its working perfectly, very sincerely i thank you very much, i will update my mapmod this week but i still crash with police and cars accident :(

use this setting for your paths splines

link [5,7,narrow,15]link [7,15,16] nodes [p] [1,2,3,4|6,7,careful,12,scenarios]179 nodes [l] [1,2,3,4|5,7,9,10,11,careful]19 (11 ytn tcknodes [i] [1,2,3,4|6,8,10,inersection]19 structure = (shrnode width:0 type:19 flags_1:15 flags_2:42 flags_3:67 flags_4:0 interp:0)is_nodpath = true ------------------------------2 lane left | 2 lane rightcrossing7/15/166/8/10/inter| 19 road7/15/165/7/9/10/11/high| 19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstyminator

I explain, in French_riviera 's traffic path, each time i have a big accident or i hit cops or i shoot peds my level increases, this is normal but IT CRASHES all time !

PS : thx a LOT for navmesh ped path its working perfectly, very sincerely i thank you very much, i will update my mapmod this week but i still crash with police and cars accident :(

This does work with original cars. Use shader setting from original model.

Can initially bind to the object two UV channel, then make for UV Leaver 1 channel, copy this script in the second, and continue to work directly with one of the main channels for color cars.

Edited by MIXAZZZ

use this setting for your paths splines

link [5,7,narrow,15]
link [7,15,16]

nodes [p] [1,2,3,4|6,7,careful,12,scenarios]179

nodes [l] [1,2,3,4|5,7,9,10,11,careful]19 (11 ytn tck
nodes [1,2,3,4|6,8,10,inersection]19

structure = (shrnode width:0 type:19 flags_1:15 flags_2:42 flags_3:67 flags_4:0 interp:0)
is_nodpath = true

------------------------------
2 lane left | 2 lane right
crossing
7/15/16
6/8/10/inter| 19

road
7/15/16
5/7/9/10/11/high| 19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstyminator

This does work with original cars. Use shader setting from original model.

Can initially bind to the object two UV channel, then make for UV Leaver 1 channel, copy this script in the second, and continue to work directly with one of the main channels for color cars.

Works like a charm :) Trainer issue fixed. Now i got multiple liveries! :) GENIOUS! :) Thank you so much :) :)

Edited by Firstyminator

MIxazzz,

Thanx for your help

i think that this crash problem comes from the intersection dummies... i dont know why maybe because of flags...

MIxazzz,

Thanx for your help

i think that this crash problem comes from the intersection dummies... i dont know why maybe because of flags...

use intersection from original imported paths

Thx bro,

i already did that, it was at that moment that i understood intersection dummies causes crashes...

Do you know how i can make my maps working on EFLC and other patch, lot of guys want to play with EFLC...

Thx

MIxazzz,

Thanx for your help

use intersection from original imported paths

Is there any ways to disable the dynamic shadows casted by the car's headlights on Patch 7 ?

Because as you guys can notice, on Patch 7, the dynamic shadows come from street lamps and other wall lights are flickering very much at night.

I discover that bug cause by the dynamic shadows come from car's headlights.

I have some test.

At night time, disable the cars by using the Trainer and that bug is gone, the dynamic shadows come from street lamps and other wall lights work fine.

Set car.headlight.intensity in the visualSettings.dat to 0.00, this solution work too but you won't be satisfied with those cars not have the headlights.

So, any suggestion ? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Open hierarchy view and select a model's root bone , then import an *.onim

Everytime when I import a .onim file it says "root object isnt a bone" although a model with bones is imported before.

Still same problem, although I have selected all the bone in the hierarchy view, it still gives me the same error. Could it be maybe because the rigged character isnt from GTA IV so that its hierarchy is different?

Yup

Still same problem, although I have selected all the bone in the hierarchy view, it still gives me the same error. Could it be maybe because the rigged character isnt from GTA IV so that its hierarchy is different?

Skeleton must be from iv

So, does it mean theres no way to play the animation with a different character and only if it is a IV character?

• 2 weeks later...

How do i fix these errors?

szG80IT.png

1st: Go to Customize > Preferences... > MAXScript and under Memory change MBytes to 256 or higher.

2nd: Looks like you put (some) files in the wrong location. Make sure you put the folder 'ofio' within the folder 'scripts'. So, mine for example is: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\scripts\ofio

• 3 weeks later...

Can you help me please ? When I import the odr. file it says EXCEPTION: skinned attribute expected ??

That my good man, means that the model you try to import is locked :)

hi, How do I solve this problem?

yPNgby.png

Can you help me please ? When I import the odr. file it says EXCEPTION: skinned attribute expected ??

How do we remove this lock?

hi, How do I solve this problem?

yPNgby.png

How do we remove this lock?

We don't.. Because its there to protect peoples creations.. Download something Unlocked. There is plenty to choose from, or just do as we do.. Build it ;)