Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

123iamking

About Margot , marry her or let her suicide

I know in game you don't have any choice, If u had , would you choose marry her instead of letting her suicide  

228 members have voted

  1. 1. I know in game you don't have any choice, If u had , would you choose marry her instead of letting her suicide

    • marry Margot
      59
    • keep denying Margot's love
      156


Recommended Posts

Femme Fatale

hey, nobody told her to jump. its all on her.if she didn't get the message already then she gets the ivan drago treatment " if she dies, she dies."

That's weird, I remember you said on my top or bottom thread:

"You guys are some sick weirdos it should have been you Luis let fall from that mall balcony, and not that chick. You're disgusting."

The bolded out part implies that you have some sympathy for Margot. So yeah, it's weird that you're all like "if she dies, she dies" now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SmokesWithCigs

 

hey, nobody told her to jump. its all on her.if she didn't get the message already then she gets the ivan drago treatment " if she dies, she dies."

That's weird, I remember you said on my top or bottom thread:

"You guys are some sick weirdos it should have been you Luis let fall from that mall balcony, and not that chick. You're disgusting."

The bolded out part implies that you have some sympathy for Margot. So yeah, it's weird that you're all like "if she dies, she dies" now.

 

ma'am I don't remember saying that. are you sure you haven't gotten me mixed up with someone else? i'm pretty sure I've always felt this way about the situation. it was stupid of her to do that . a man says jump indirectly and you do it? the girl had issues. she wasn't right in the head she needed therapy and she was clingy and obsessed. she should've gotten the message and that was selfish of her also. if she cared so much about louis she wouldn't have put him in that situation. she was clingy , obsessed and it clouded her reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Femme Fatale

 

 

hey, nobody told her to jump. its all on her.if she didn't get the message already then she gets the ivan drago treatment " if she dies, she dies."

That's weird, I remember you said on my top or bottom thread:

"You guys are some sick weirdos it should have been you Luis let fall from that mall balcony, and not that chick. You're disgusting."

The bolded out part implies that you have some sympathy for Margot. So yeah, it's weird that you're all like "if she dies, she dies" now.

 

ma'am I don't remember saying that. are you sure you haven't gotten me mixed up with someone else? i'm pretty sure I've always felt this way about the situation. it was stupid of her to do that . a man says jump indirectly and you do it? the girl had issues. she wasn't right in the head she needed therapy and she was clingy and obsessed. she should've gotten the message and that was selfish of her also. if she cared so much about louis she wouldn't have put him in that situation. she was clingy , obsessed and it clouded her reasoning.Maybe you were so disgusted by the thread's nature, that you didn't even think about what you were saying. :lol: I wish it wasn't deleted, that way I could show you that you did say that, and ask if you agree with my top or bottom list. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Journey_95

Margot was f*cking crazy, she needed help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dan_1983

Deny her.

Edited by Dan_1983

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gokuzbu

She was f*cked up in the head, but pretend that you will marry her and then drive her to rehab. She didn't deserve to die like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CreepShow

I would push her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcaufey

Rockstar just sucks at telling love stories. 

 

If I were Luis, I'd definitely marry her. She doesn't seem to have mental problems. 

 

I abhored Luis when I played this mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)

It wasn't a love story. Luis made completely clear that he was never interested in a relationship with her (presumably right from when they met, judging by how up front he is about that with every other woman he sleeps with in the game), she was just delusional. There was no obligation for him to be with her, and it was nice of him to help her the first time, continue to make clear that he didn't want a relationship to try and get her to stop hoping for it and also urge her to get some help, and to try to stop her jumping. 

 

As far as just saying it as a trick to stop her jumping at that moment, he had no idea if she'd do it anyway or if just calmly talking to her wouldn't also work. And if he had lied just to temporarily save her and then gone back on it she easily could've just tried to kill herself again. Trying to talk her out of it without making a promise that he knew would devastate her when she found out he was lying was the most sensible option, too bad it didn't work but not his fault. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcaufey

 

1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

It wasn't a love story. Luis made completely clear that he was never interested in a relationship with her (presumably right from when they met, judging by how up front he is about that with every other woman he sleeps with in the game), she was just delusional. There was no obligation for him to be with her, and it was nice of him to help her the first time, continue to make clear that he didn't want a relationship to try and get her to stop hoping for it and also urge her to get some help, and to try to stop her jumping. 

 

As far as just saying it as a trick to stop her jumping at that moment, he had no idea if she'd do it anyway or if just calmly talking to her wouldn't also work. And if he had lied just to temporarily save her and then gone back on it she easily could've just tried to kill herself again. Trying to talk her out of it without making a promise that he knew would devastate her when she found out he was lying was the most sensible option, too bad it didn't work but not his fault. 

Hmm, You're quite as cold as Luis.

 

I feel sorry for Margot. I got shocked when I saw her committed suicide. She was feeling extremely lonely in that crazy city. It sure was a one-way love story and not just delusion.

 

Luis had no empathy. He didn't care about other people's feelings. He was loyal to Tony and disciplined as well.

 

Killers have no sympathy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grotti Vigilante
31 minutes ago, mcaufey said:

 

Hmm, You're quite as cold as Luis.

 

I feel sorry for Margot. I got shocked when I saw her committed suicide. She was feeling extremely lonely in that crazy city. It sure was a one-way love story and not just delusion.

 

Luis had no empathy. He didn't care about other people's feelings. He was loyal to Tony and disciplined as well.

 

Killers have no sympathy.

Margot's feelings weren't really the fault of Luis. If she was driven to stalking someone and trying to resort to suicide when they didn't reciprocate their feelings, it's clear she does have some mental issues. Loneliness? Perhaps. But she was clingy and most likely got her hopes up way too much. She's the kind of girl who thinks she can change a playboy and only gets her heart broken when she realises she's nothing special. Luis at no point wanted to pursue a relationship with her, and he makes his intentions known from the start when he meets women. It's not like he didn't care about her to any extent, since he clearly tried to stop her killing herself and took her to hospital after her serious drug overdose.

 

Let me tell you something as well, if she was that obsessed with Luis and he agreed to marry her, it would've been a terrible marriage. The fact she was a perpetual stalker who bombarded him with all sorts of gifts and emails told me that she had serious issues with being clingy, much to the point that she would've wanted to be with Luis wherever she want. Luis has Joni as a work colleague, and I bet Margot would immediately assume cheating, especially since Joni is very much attracted to Luis. Inevitably that would lead to some form of abuse, which Luis would certainly not put up with, but even so much putting a hand on her would mean he'd be the one getting arrested when she plays victim.

 

I get why you may have felt sorry for Margot, but let us not pretend like Luis missed out on a great girl. He actually dodged a serious bullet not chasing after anything serious with her, and in fact his only mistake was being a poor judge of character when he first met her. I believe otherwise that Luis did nothing wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mcaufey said:

 

Hmm, You're quite as cold as Luis.

 

I feel sorry for Margot. I got shocked when I saw her committed suicide. She was feeling extremely lonely in that crazy city. It sure was a one-way love story and not just delusion.

 

Luis had no empathy. He didn't care about other people's feelings. He was loyal to Tony and disciplined as well.

 

Killers have no sympathy.

He saved her life by driving her to hospital when she overdosed, urged her to get help with her issues, and tried to talk her out of killing herself. Those aren't the actions of someone who doesn't care. He wasn't obligated to be in a relationship with her or to lie to her. Getting in a relationship with her when he didn't want to or lying that he'd marry her when he wasn't going to would've only caused her more pain in the long run.

 

When someone threatens to kill themselves because they want to force you to be in a relationship with them it doesn't mean you have to do it! It means you tell them to get help. Yes it's sad that she had psychological issues and was suicidal and ending up killing herself, but that's not the fault of the person she was stalking and trying to manipulate. 

 

Also he did care about other people's feelings. That's why he never tells women he wants a relationship with them in order to trick them into bed. He's always 100% upfront that all he's looking for is sex and they can decide whether they're interested or not. He's completely honest to women and doesn't manipulate them. He's cold in his professional life and does break from this once in the mission where he seduces the girl to make the boyfriend jealous on Tony's orders. But in his personal life he doesn't treat women badly. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcaufey

Guys, I've read your detailed replies twice and I think you might be right. Well, not completely. 

 

There are still some points I'd like to make:

 

1. Kiki for Niko was a real example of a stalker, not Margot. 

 

2. Luis made fun of Margot when she was nearly serious at committing suicide ("Yeah, either that or thank me!") which means He didn't truly care if Margot was going to kill herself or change her mind. Yes, It wasn't his fault but he could have saved her. 

 

3. Maybe he drove her to hospital in exchange of the hook up he had with her last year.

 

Yes, Luis was honest. Margot wasn't. I agree with that terrible marriage, too. 

 

That's right. Luis and Margot had different perceptions of Love. She was a naive girl, Luis wasn't her type and she should have known that. 

 

But again I say, She wasn't psychopath. She was soft and lonely. She believed Luis was empty as a shell and that's true. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grotti Vigilante
5 hours ago, mcaufey said:

Guys, I've read your detailed replies twice and I think you might be right. Well, not completely. 

 

There are still some points I'd like to make:

 

1. Kiki for Niko was a real example of a stalker, not Margot. 

Kiki is what Margot would've turned into I reckon. You can just tell that they're crazy based on their interactions with the protagonists.

5 hours ago, mcaufey said:

2. Luis made fun of Margot when she was nearly serious at committing suicide ("Yeah, either that or thank me!") which means He didn't truly care if Margot was going to kill herself or change her mind. Yes, It wasn't his fault but he could have saved her. 

Probably just trying to defuse the situation with humour or something. Perhaps not appropriate even, that's arguable. But he did try to save her as we saw before she jumped. The thing is, at this point Margot was so intent on killing herself and framing Luis for it that she wouldn't accept anything less than Luis saying he loved her, which he didn't. He tried several times to talk her out of it, but she wasn't having any of his words.

5 hours ago, mcaufey said:

3. Maybe he drove her to hospital in exchange of the hook up he had with her last year.

Hookups aren't favours that people feel the need to repay. They're mutually consenting activities. Some people might feel the need to pay them back, but probably not Luis. Even so, he probably helped her because it was the right thing for him to do. I think most people in that situation would help regardless of who they where. 

5 hours ago, mcaufey said:

Yes, Luis was honest. Margot wasn't. I agree with that terrible marriage, too. 

 

That's right. Luis and Margot had different perceptions of Love. She was a naive girl, Luis wasn't her type and she should have known that. 

 

But again I say, She wasn't psychopath. She was soft and lonely. She believed Luis was empty as a shell and that's true. 

Margot undoubtedly had mental health issues, even if not a psychopath. Being lonely can cause serious problems for even the most introverted people since we are, by nature, social animals. Honestly, I reckon death was the best thing for her in some ways since she didn't have to suffer any longer, and she even got the satisfaction of framing Luis for her death. On that though we probably agree. At least you've taken our points into account at least when responding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcaufey

Nice discussion and thanks again for another reply! I've learned a lot here. You made me rethink a couple of times. 

 

To say that she deserved to bid farewell to her life, is nothing but cruelty. It really is. I mean C'mon, don't we have feelings?

 

If I were Luis, I had no problem temporarily pretending that I loved her. Maybe she just needed time to realize her stupid decision. Soon, she would come to the understanding we've been discussing here. Sometimes realization is just a matter of time. That's all I'm saying. 

 

I'M NOT GOING TO ADMIRE LUIS IN THIS SITUATION. That's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, mcaufey said:

Nice discussion and thanks again for another reply! I've learned a lot here. You made me rethink a couple of times. 

 

To say that she deserved to bid farewell to her life, is nothing but cruelty. It really is. I mean C'mon, don't we have feelings?

 

If I were Luis, I had no problem temporarily pretending that I loved her. Maybe she just needed time to realize her stupid decision. Soon, she would come to the understanding we've been discussing here. Sometimes realization is just a matter of time. That's all I'm saying. 

 

I'M NOT GOING TO ADMIRE LUIS IN THIS SITUATION. That's it. 

Or it would guarantee that she was devastated when she found out he was pretending and she would definitely either kill herself or harm him in some way. There had already been plenty of time for her to understand, he already saved her life once and constantly explained it to her. There wasn't anything else he could do. 

 

Do you get that there's no excuse for trying to force someone to be with you by telling them you'll kill yourself if they don't? It's sad that she was suicidal and suffering but the solution to that was for her to get help from a doctor, not to stalk, manipulate and threaten someone. He was a victim of her behaviour. 

 

She wasn't his girlfriend, she was never his girlfriend, she had no relationship with him and wasn't entitled to one. Trying to talk her out of it and telling her to get help was the most sensible and kind thing to do. Lying would have been much riskier for both of them. It's sad she died, but it happened because of her own issues and wasn't Luis' fault in any way. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcaufey
21 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Or it would guarantee that she was devastated when she found out he was pretending and she would definitely either kill herself or harm him in some way. There had already been plenty of time for her to understand, he already saved her life once and constantly explained it to her. There wasn't anything else he could do. 

 

Do you get that there's no excuse for trying to force someone to be with you by telling them you'll kill yourself if they don't? It's sad that she was suicidal and suffering but the solution to that was for her to get help from a doctor, not to stalk, manipulate and threaten someone. He was a victim of her behaviour. 

 

She wasn't his girlfriend, she was never his girlfriend, she had no relationship with him and wasn't entitled to one. Trying to talk her out of it and telling her to get help was the most sensible and kind thing to do. Lying would have been much riskier for both of them. It's sad she died, but it happened because of her own issues and wasn't Luis' fault in any way. 

Of course I get it. What I'm saying is that he should have been more kind to her.

Ah, alright. I gave up. Peace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, mcaufey said:

Of course I get it. What I'm saying is that he should have been more kind to her.

Ah, alright. I gave up. Peace. 

Yeah I guess he technically could've spoken to her more kindly. But at the same time it's understandable that he was frustrated and a couple of sarcastic comments came out, and also if he'd been too nicey nice and not firm enough it might've given her false hope that he liked her, so he had to be at least a bit cold. 

 

Anyway luckily it's just fictional so nothing to sweat about! I enjoyed the mission anyway, very dramatic and then the ton of people chasing you is amusing 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain

either that or thank me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcaufey
2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Yeah I guess he technically could've spoken to her more kindly. But at the same time it's understandable that he was frustrated and a couple of sarcastic comments came out, and also if he'd been too nicey nice and not firm enough it might've given her false hope that he liked her, so he had to be at least a bit cold. 

 

Anyway luckily it's just fictional so nothing to sweat about! I enjoyed the mission anyway, very dramatic and then the ton of people chasing you is amusing 😛 

False hope could be the cuuuuurrrre for herrrrrr! You shouldn't be so sure that it cannot be.

 

Wow! Amusing?! I had just the opposite feelings at the time of escaping! I was shocked, nervous and feeling blue! I didn't feel like escaping. In fact, I didn't want to leave the place! 

 

Oh and that letter idea was just dumb! 

 

This is my favorite side mission because of it's dramatic aspect! 

 

Thank God it's fictional!

 

Enough arguing. I'm out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, mcaufey said:

False hope could be the cuuuuurrrre for herrrrrr! You shouldn't be so sure that it cannot be.

 

Wow! Amusing?! I had just the opposite feelings at the time of escaping! I was shocked, nervous and feeling blue! I didn't feel like escaping. In fact, I didn't want to leave the place! 

 

Oh and that letter idea was just dumb! 

 

This is my favorite side mission because of it's dramatic aspect! 

 

Thank God it's fictional!

 

Enough arguing. I'm out. 

A crowd of people going "he killed her!" "get him!" in this over the top way and then all crowding right up to me chasing me is funny to me yeah haha. Lightens the mood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.