Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,677 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Melchior

Political Compass

sivispacem
Ahaha, one axis is "Authoritarian" vs "Libertarian".

Blatant bias. Yes, we're all either randian captains of industry oppressed by the tyranny of child labour laws, or we're literally hitler.

Piss on this test.

You are aware that classical libertarian values are completely different to libertarianism as interpreted by various groups in the US, no? And that authoritarianism as a principle is the polar opposite of classical libertarianism? No, it appears not. Which leads me to question your objection. Are you saying that the political views of individuals do not lie somewhere between these two points?

LeVelocar

You are aware that classical libertarian values are completely different to libertarianism as interpreted by various groups in the US, no? And that authoritarianism as a principle is the polar opposite of classical libertarianism? No, it appears not. Which leads me to question your objection. Are you saying that the political views of individuals do not lie somewhere between these two points?

Yeah, I do know what Libertarian used to mean a million years ago*. We're in not in the prehistoric era*, so I'm going to use the popular meaning of the word in the year that we're in right now.

*You're probably itching to correct this.

na89340qv0n34b09q340

Yeah, I do know what Libertarian used to mean a million years ago*. We're in not in the prehistoric era*, so I'm going to use the popular meaning of the word in the year that we're in right now.

Read the FAQ you clueless asswad. The test's results aren't magically influenced because you want to define libertarianism wrongly.

edit (6/21, 2013 - 3:00ish) : I apologize for calling you an asswad, that was regrettably blunt, you're still pretty dumb though. Like I said the test's intention of the word "libertarian" doesn't change because you define it differently than them. If you want to find out what they meant by "libertarian" (regardless of whether it's archaic or not) you could have read the FAQ, or even the explanation of the results on the test page.

Edited by zoo3891

LeVelocar

Read the FAQ you clueless asswad. The test's results aren't magically influenced because you want to define libertarianism wrongly.

If by "wrongly" then you mean "the way everyone who calls themselves a libertarian uses it".

sivispacem

If by "wrongly" then you mean "the way everyone who calls themselves a libertarian uses it".

Right, so the fact that some people use a technical term incorrectly means that the term itself is incorrect? Not sure I get that.

LeVelocar

That's how communication works, yes. The importance is not on the mouth-noises used but the meaning conveyed.

'Cept your every move is about squabbling over the presentation of arguments and The Formal Rules Of Whatever so you'll never grasp the fact.

See you around, pedant.

Pyrrhic
user posted image

sivispacem

That's it? The entire academic community is wrong because you say so? Please. I thought you'd have more to say than that. Because it strikes me that your hostility might be predominantly due to you saying something a bit stupid, and then having to backtrack and imply it's someone else's fault. Like all those pesky academics who use words in ways you don't like. Because your logic basically boils down to "lots of people doing something makes it true or correct" which is fundamentally flawed when it comes to, oh, I don't know, asking Americans to locate Middle Eastern nations on a map, or asking Catholics to explain the birth of the universe.

Sim K

user posted image

Economic - Left/Right: -7.12

Social - Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.13

Edited by Simoneski

A loaded rifle

user posted image

Seems correct.

Supernutz40

Figures.

user posted image

Mr.Mister

Not bad.

Only question that stumped me is the "Who is more important, businessmen or artists?" Should have a 'neutral' choice.

user posted image

na89340qv0n34b09q340

Only question that stumped me is the "Who is more important, businessmen or artists?" Should have a 'neutral' choice.

It was asking whether you believed "businessman were more important than artists?", if I'm remembering it right. Disagreeing could have implied neutrality. I think the question was going for "Do you think commerce is more important than culture?"

Sim K

How do you delete your own posts? suicidal.gif

Edited by Simoneski

aceofhicks

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Alright, on this website there's a questionnaire that asks some questions and determines where you fit politically on an x/y grid. The website explains it in greater detail as to what the sections mean, but I thought it would be interesting to see where everyone on this forum fits.

After you do the test, post your coordinates, and I'll add them to the graph. I'll Start.

Economic Left/Right: -8.62

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.44

user posted image

Kirsty

Merged them smile.gif

aceofhicks
Merged them smile.gif

Thanks! icon14.gif

Ari Gold

Well, I just took the test again to see whether it would change since I last took it over a month ago, and I got a result of 4.75 to the right and 1.38 to the authoritarian side (last result was 4.5 and -0.5 or something). I find this interesting as my opinions don't exactly shape-shift day-by-day, but, however, depending on my particular mood and feelings at the time of taking the test, whether I select "strongly agree/disagree" or just "agree/disagree" obviously makes some difference to the final outcome of the test. Over the past few years, sure, as I've continuously been learning and expanding my knowledge of economics and have matured, my test results have gone all over the place, but across a month? Hard to see how it's changed.

Kwandilibro

Economic Left/Right: -3.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77

Didn't think I was that liberal. Interesting.

DannyBee

user posted image

Meh, as I expected.

TargetTango

user posted image

Economic Left/Right: -4.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

Makes sense.

Bellic 4 life

user posted image

Not really surprised.