Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,921 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

DK22Pac

SA::Render

TJGM

Well, I've using that CLEO mod. And it's better in further draw distance like you're talking about. I'm using Stream Memory Fix v1 to make LODs are available without crashing the game. So, my point is making further draw distance is possible with ASI scripts! :)

What CLEO mod? And the Stream Memory Fix doesn't fix crashes.. it just allows the game to use more memory.

In45do

HighDrawDistance.cs by Boertjie in his Kryptonian Mod
For me, Stream Memory Fix may take parts of increasing LODs as it's increasing memory too. (Correct me if I'm wrong and once again, no mean to promote something)

TJGM

HighDrawDistance.cs by Boertjie in his Kryptonian Mod

For me, Stream Memory Fix may take parts of increasing LODs as it's increasing memory too. (Correct me if I'm wrong and once again, no mean to promote something)

Can you send us the .cs in a PM? And the stream memory fix does nothing with LOD's. If you're using too much memory the game will run out and start using LOD's instead of the actual model when you're close. You'll still have holes in the map at far distances.

In45do

Owh, I thought my idea was correct.
Btw, ask Boertjie about that CLEO script. Actually he already released that long time ago in GTAGarage in CLEO section (on third page I think) and it's my favorite CLEO mods ever!

TJGM

Btw, ask Boertjie about that CLEO script. Actually he already released that long time ago in GTAGarage in CLEO section (on third page I think) and it's my favorite CLEO mods ever!

That mod still doesn't fix the holes in the map. Either way. What you're asking for is pretty much impossible. The game will crash with a high draw distance all all the LOD's loaded in.

In45do

It's work for me. Don't know why, but it doesn't crash in highest attitude.
When I'm using freeze time mod and go break the sky limits and keep going until full San Andreas map is seen, it's not crash but only flicks are seen. Should I post SS?

TJGM

When I'm using freeze time mod and go break the sky limits and keep going until full San Andreas map is seen, it's not crash but only flicks are seen. Should I post SS?

Yup.

plk4

rulf.jpg

Hmm, from looking at this screenshot, would it possible to implement basic tessellation to reduce the amount of hard edges on the terrain? Then if POM was to be implemented you could increase the detail significantly. From what I remember the terrain models followed the same naming convention right?

In45do

Yup.

539740_562599607120636_905034908_n.jpgAs I said, it doesn't crash but only flicks are seen. (Some LODs are missing)

TJGM

Yup.

539740_562599607120636_905034908_n.jpgAs I said, it doesn't crash but only flicks are seen. (Some LODs are missing)

That's what I'm talking about.. the mod doesn't fix holes in the map. The LOD's are still missing.

In45do

Well, does it mean it's impossible to make LODs always available at anytime?

TJGM

Well, does it mean it's impossible to make LODs always available at anytime?

No its possible. I've done it in my Max Object + Corona post and you can do it with ThirteenAG's IDE tweaker. Except the game crashes with further draw distances which is what you want, and sadly it can't happen without having major holes in the map.

In45do

I see what you mean. Further draw distance always had major holes in the map, right?

Edited by in45do

TJGM

I see what you mean. Further draw distance always had major holes in the map, right?

Yes.. anyway. Let's stop the some-what off topic.

Marty McFly
TheJAMESGM, on 21 Sept 2013 - 6:41 PM, said:

in45do, on 21 Sept 2013 - 6:31 PM, said:

That mod still doesn't fix the holes in the map. Either way. What you're asking for is pretty much impossible. The game will crash with a high draw distance all all the LOD's loaded in.

A second lod step would do the job, super lods which show up at insane draw distances which cover great areas of the map, half SF for example.

aStiffSausage

A second lod step would do the job, super lods which show up at insane draw distances which cover great areas of the map, half SF for example.

Implementing such feature would be really great, actually having about 2-3 LOD's per object, and high detail models, would help with the LOD problems and performance. Though memory would be a problem then, but correctly made, the outcome would quarantee both good performance, and nice details when close to objects.

TJGM

Implementing such feature would be really great, actually having about 2-3 LOD's per object, and high detail models, would help with the LOD problems and performance. Though memory would be a problem then, but correctly made, the outcome would quarantee both good performance, and nice details when close to objects.

Would it even be possible? I'm pretty sure you'd reach IPL limits when adding so many LOD's.

Marty McFly

With ultra LoDs, the whole map could be covered with maybe 20x20 single LoD objects. Makes 400 new Objects added to the game, which won't be such a big deal.

In45do

With ultra LoDs, the whole map could be covered with maybe 20x20 single LoD objects. Makes 400 new Objects added to the game, which won't be such a big deal.

Does it mean, it's possible to seen LODs from very far distance? If so, this idea should be realised in SA::Render! :D

Phillipino0418

This Render are finish now ?

Sorry for bad english

Danikov

This Render are finish now ?

Sorry for bad english

I believe far from finished.

lpgunit

Any updates on the compile errors?

S Y E D

Maybe he's too busy with school and homework :p

Silent

I compiled r99 just fine.

lpgunit

I compiled r99 just fine.

Yeah, but does it load up on your game?

ThirteenAG

Yeah, but does it load up on your game?

It does on my game, but only functionality i see is the pop-up logo :)

Silent

Works fully for me. Just make sure you have textures/shaders/INI stuff in 'resources' folder and not pasted to the game dir.

lpgunit

Works fully for me. Just make sure you have textures/shaders/INI stuff in 'resources' folder and not pasted to the game dir.

That's what I did, still no dice. The game boots as usual but the ASI doesn't load.

Edited by lpgunit

MRZ

A question , As for my graphics card , Some features of ENB would render Improperly , Specially The depth-scene required ones , But when i set the BugFixMode in enbseries.ini to 5 , those features rendered as it should be.

Now , Can BugFixMode be implemented in SA::Render?

Edited by MRZ

PetkaGtA

Now , Can BugFixMode be implemented in SA::Render?

If you didn't read readme.txt you never know what BugFixMode means.... It's just texture format.. so for example atm we use RGBA 32 Floating Point Buffer format for world position buffer and it's maximum format that avaliable for Direct3D9 API... well... now i trying to find a way to use less Buffers to increase performance(for example recover world position from viewprojection space depth)