3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALMOST610

[WIP|SCR] 1979-1982 XD Ford Falcon

kayesem

Hahah, that XE S-Pack is pretty neato, good efforts mate : )

Back-end looks a bit short but otherwise seems fairly bang-on.

Any plans for a wagon / LTD / ESP ?

Probably convert over to a Corty if things shrunk in the wash, I like the TC - TD s ay.

Edited by kayesem

ALMOST610

Cheers, good to see someone else around here who knows about these cars.

The whole car is based on the Admiral model at the moment with the panels modified to make it look like a Falcon, I have not changed the size of the vehicle as a whole yet, and I do plan to either have another go at making a proper model from scratch, like I have done earlier in this topic or for now redo this model further to fix the doors being too high, and other issues that make it NQR.

I have tinkered with Wagons and utes a little in the past just making mock up models, but I dont think I would bother with them until I am 100% happy with the sedan being pretty much all in order, even the XE model I posted a picture of is just another one of those to test what it looks like and it also is a little bit fun to do something different with the models as I have already made some spare parts for other variants of the Falcons.

I have made up some parts though to do an XD Fairmont Ghia, I was thinking of either making it an ESP with the Globe Wheels, or one of those two tone anniversary models (leaning more towards the later), I actually looked at an old XD Ghia for sale the other day I was thinking about buying it but still dont know, its only a 4.1 and not an ESP, with a bit of rust so its priced good, but perhaps I am thinking with my heart rather than my brain as I love these cars.

If the model was shrunk a bit you could probably make it into a TE/TF without too much work, it could even keep the I6 I had been making for this Falcon.

Be sure to download the model and give it a go in San Andreas.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42357312/GTAForums/Files/A610-XD_FALCON_R2.rar

Edited by ALMOST610

ALMOST610

A few weeks back I went to a self serve wrecking yard and they had a couple XE's and XF's in various conditions, unfortunately no XD's, but the cars that were there did provide some great engine references as some were just blocks, others were just the head, some were complete engines, so I got a good look at the different angles and undersides that I previously would not have been able to get and with that I have done some work on making a 'close enough' XD Falcon 4.1 I6 Engine, to replace my old 'good enough' straight 6 model.

Obviously its not complete and neither was the old model, but this time I want to get a nice model made up that I can continue to use in future car models, albeit with either GTA Branding or made up branding on it and the parts on it.

AlloyheadXD-Show1.png

AlloyheadXD-Show2.png

AlloyheadXD-Show3.png

AlloyheadXD-Show4.png

AlloyheadXD-Show5.png

ALMOST610

Bit of a new update to the Scratch Body version, I was not completely happy with how my previous attempt was at the scratch version, so recently I had started again instead of trying to fix the old model, I have done a much better job of it this time, but I went out and took hundreds of reference photos myself to get a better idea of some areas and body lines, including interior, engine bay and wagon/ute/van/LWB refs, I have over 1500 photos to look at.

Early_Front_Comparison.png

File_20-Versions_Compare1.png

File_23-Front_Sideview_Render.png

File_23-Back_Sideview_Render.png

ALMOST610

A bit more of an update for this new scratch model, I have updated the first post with a bit of a write up I made on the XD.

This render has got the headlights, grill, front bumpers from my first scratch model and the roof is just a quick addon to make it a look at little more complete.

XD-FullMock5-F.png

ROYSBCKREW

wish i could get these on non PC

RaceHork731

Good work so far with your mod mate! This is one of the hardest I have actually seen anyone work on a mod! Any word on your Ute, wagon and other models yet? Also I have a question, were Fiesta's ever sold in Australia?

RaceHork

Edited by RaceHork731

DerangedCrackhead

Good work so far with your mod mate! This is one of the hardest I have actually seen anyone work on a mod! Any word on your Ute, wagon and other models yet? Also I have a question, were Fiesta's ever sold in Australia? I know its a bit of a stupid question but I am a fan of the Fiesta and the "The blue collar Fords"

RaceHork

Not until the 2000's I believe.

ALMOST610

Good work so far with your mod mate! This is one of the hardest I have actually seen anyone work on a mod! Any word on your Ute, wagon and other models yet? Also I have a question, were Fiesta's ever sold in Australia? I know its a bit of a stupid question but I am a fan of the Fiesta and the "The blue collar Fords"

RaceHork

Cheers, thanks for the positive feedback, once I get the sedan finished I will figure out what I will do with the ute and wagon, for the Ute I pretty much just put a window behind the drivers seat and drag the body lines from the lower half of the doors and its done, but I want the sedan to be pretty good before I spend time on other variants.

The Fiesta was not sold in Australia until the 2000's, We had the Ford Laser/Meteor for the 80's and 90's along with the Ford Festiva, when both of them ended production the Ford Focus was introduced and the Fiesta came a little later.

RaceHork731

RaceHork

Cheers, thanks for the positive feedback, once I get the sedan finished I will figure out what I will do with the ute and wagon, for the Ute I pretty much just put a window behind the drivers seat and drag the body lines from the lower half of the doors and its done, but I want the sedan to be pretty good before I spend time on other variants.

The Fiesta was not sold in Australia until the 2000's, We had the Ford Laser/Meteor for the 80's and 90's along with the Ford Festiva, when both of them ended production the Ford Focus was introduced and the Fiesta came a little later.

No problem mate! :D Thanks for 'educating me' on Fiesta's. Edited by RaceHork731

RaceHork731

Progress?

ALMOST610

Lately I have been working on getting some more of the minor details on the model correct, without coming across an XD for a while now I have had to manage with the measurements I took of XE's and XF's but they have different front ends so I can only estimate the certain sizes of the XD, for example the crease in the bonnet on the XD lines up with the width of the headlights and grill and details in the lower half of the bumper so I need to get all of those sizes correct early on or I might have to remodel it all later, so at the moment it has been making calculations doing a test model and seeing how it compares to photos or if it just looks correct, I have also been having a bit of trouble with cutting the back window into the boot lid, I am yet to get the curve just right which has been holding me back from getting too far on that, I'll get it fairly close at some point and then things might start flying again.

I'll try and gets some pics ready for when I am online next time to post.

ALMOST610

I have made a bit of progress in these pictures, as you can see the basic body has been mostly done, I am going back over it now working on details, I've sorted out the Bonnet, Front Quarter, Front Bumper and the headlights and grill are also fairly close, I lost a little motivation on working with the roof but have spent time working on the engine bay and getting a sub frame under the panels made up a little, I might start to fill out some of the parts like suspension, radiators, and so forth... Here is some nice pics.

Old Scratch vs. New Scratch

File_44-Comparison_OldNew.png

File_47-BackRender1.png

File_47-OverheadRender1.png

File_47-FrontRender1.png

File_47-FrontRender2.png

File_47-FrontRender3.png

File_47-FrontRender4.png

PhillBellic

So, you're Rebooting the Model, huh?

Looking spiffy so far.

ALMOST610

So, you're Rebooting the Model, huh?

Looking spiffy so far.

Thanks, with a lot more references and having a more keen eye for detail on this version rather than near enough is good enough, It was only worth starting again from scratch rather than rescuing the old scratch model.

universetwisters

It's nice to see you back once again, along with still working on this wonderpiece :^:

-Anti-

Wow. I just stumbled across this topic. It's nice to see the progress this project made and thanks for the history lesson in the first post - that was a good read.

ALMOST610

:D how much difference between different countries, seen here I leave some links. :D

Wikipedia Ford Falcon

test del ayer: Historia v1

test del ayer: Historia v2

Yeah, I have seen the Argentina Falcons before, Ford Australia supplied most of the panels to Argentina for the first few years until the Second Generation Falcon went on sale in Australia then the old panel stamps were sent your way, I think Argentina also got the Australian re-designed shorter wheelbase wagons with the higher tailgate too. Rather than the long and low American ones.

On that first 'Historia v1' link there you can see there was a concept drawing for a facelifted Argentina Falcon, which I assume was for the 80's

historia-ford-falcon-7.JPG

Its looks kinda familiar, hey, its a bit like they grafted the front of my model onto the old 1960 body shell.

You wonder what could have been if we had shipped our updated models to you over all these years.

There is only 7 weeks left now before the Final Ford Falcon Ever leaves the Broadmeadows Factory here in Australia, and the Ford calls it a day with over 56 years of Falcon production, and 91 years of building cars in Australia.

PhillBellic

There is only 7 weeks left now before the Final Ford Falcon Ever leaves the Broadmeadows Factory here in Australia, and the Ford calls it a day with over 56 years of Falcon production, and 91 years of building cars in Australia.

And with that, a little bit more of Australia's Self Reliance dies... :(

RaceHork731

I have made a bit of progress in these pictures, as you can see the basic body has been mostly done, I am going back over it now working on details, I've sorted out the Bonnet, Front Quarter, Front Bumper and the headlights and grill are also fairly close, I lost a little motivation on working with the roof but have spent time working on the engine bay and getting a sub frame under the panels made up a little, I might start to fill out some of the parts like suspension, radiators, and so forth... Here is some nice pics.

Old Scratch vs. New Scratch

File_44-Comparison_OldNew.png

File_47-BackRender1.png

File_47-OverheadRender1.png

File_47-FrontRender1.png

File_47-FrontRender2.png

File_47-FrontRender3.png

File_47-FrontRender4.png

Nice work mate! :D Seriously, that's quite accurate, I was just taking a lok at some Falcon XD's... Amazing work Mate!

Edited by RaceHork731

ALMOST610

Not a huge lot to show but some things like the door jambs have been modeled up a bit, and continued refinement of other details over the model, I've finally got the A Pillar modeled up too.

File_49-Shell_With_Panels.png

File_49-Shell_Without_Panels.png

File_49-Perspective_Compare_For_Photo.pn

File_49-Perspective_Compare_Photo.jpg

PhillBellic

I guess you can call that ANU Start. ;)

ALMOST610

Alright, I lost a bit of progress with a corrupted 3DS Max Save, but in the disappointment in losing that led me to get inspired to work on the Wagon instead to get a bit of motivation on the project.

File_64-Red_Wagon_Render1.png

File_64-Red_Wagon_Render2.png

File_64-Red_Wagon_Render3.png

File_64-Wagon_Render_Compare.png

File_54-Wagon_Compare_Photo.jpg

Edited by ALMOST610

Blue

Another scratch made car creator, eh? Love your work, keep going, love this so far. ;)

ALMOST610

Well its all over now, the Final Ford Falcon, and by that, also the Last Ford vehicle manufactured in Australia has been built and the factory has shut the doors. Friday Oct 7, A Blue Day....

I'll have to post a little farewell with some of the photos from the day.

ALMOST610

I havent posted much about this project in a few weeks so I thought it was time for an update on whats been happening, as you can see things have progressed quite nicely, further work has been done on details, I've made up an new steel wheel for the model replacing the one used on the last release San Andreas model, work has also continued on the 4.1 Straight Six engine, which although it is present on the models pictured you cant really see it under the bonnet. Things will begin shifting to the finer details on the model next then its time to get working on the interior.

XD-Wagon-Rotate-Grill.gif

File_78-Wagon_Paint_Render1.png

File_78-Wagon_Show_ScreenCap_1.png

File_78-Wagon_Show_ScreenCap_3.png

wagon-3.png

wagon-4.png

81-Yellow-XD-GL-SideBSide.png

DerangedCrackhead

Good job so far! Really digging the wheels too. I think the trunk should be a bit shorter in the bottom part but it might be the shadow or whatever. Either way, I guess that it's still early to judge small details. Looking foward to next updates!

ALMOST610

Good job so far! Really digging the wheels too. I think the trunk should be a bit shorter in the bottom part but it might be the shadow or whatever. Either way, I guess that it's still early to judge small details. Looking foward to next updates!

Thanks, I am really trying to get things looking decent this time, those wheel are quite a simple design but still a little bit different and stylish for a plain pressed steel rim, I thought about doing some other designs but since those are the correct wheel design for the base model I went with them.

With regards to the bottom part, if you are talking about the section below the bumper, that is meant to be painted black on the XD, if you mean the length of the tailgate, it might look like it sits a bit low as the bumper on the car in the photo is sagging, it might have had a mount break or something, otherwise there is about a 1 inch gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the tailgate which doesnt look right,

ALMOST610

File_82-XD_Sedan_Wagon_Render1.png

File_94-XD_Wagon_Render_1.png

File_94-XD_Wagon_Render_2.png

File_94-XD_Wagon_Render_3.png

File_94-XD_Wagon_Render_4.png

There is a little bit more of an update, as can been seen in the last picture, I have started to make up some of the mechanicals that are underneath the car.