Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,826 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ALMOST610

[WIP|SCR] 1979-1982 XD Ford Falcon

ALMOST610

Thought I should post something to say this is not dead, but I have been working on making up an engine bay for the car.

Nothing special, Nothing Fancy, but more accurate than San Andreas or VC Xbox Model engine that I was originally planning on.

alloyhead-prog2.png

Jeansowaty

Nice job!

Silent

Looks so Gearhead Garage.

ALMOST610

Nice job!

Thanks, modeling what I have has been the easy part as most pictures show that section, the hard part is the lower down parts.

Looks so Gearhead Garage.

I hope thats a good thing?? When I googled the game it showed a 14 year old simulation game.

Silent

I hope thats a good thing?? When I googled the game it showed a 14 year old simulation game.

I mainly meant the fact how colorful this engine is :p

Game was great too.

ALMOST610

I mainly meant the fact how colorful this engine is :p

Game was great too.

Ha Ha, yeah, I have not got around to the texturing yet still got a bit more modeling to do.

Anyway, here is a little plan/timeline I posted in another topic "Engine is the current part I am working on, better quality wheels next, followed by the wagon, then some more upgrades to accuracy of the old model" but I might try and make of the accuracy upgrades before I get started on the Wagon.

Edit:

Added some wires, cables, pipes, etc to try and fill some space and make things look more like an engine, even if some of the wires, pipes, etc are irrelevant and dont make sense. (Its my first engine, I don't know the tricks of the trade yet)

alloyhead-prog3.png

I'll probably start texturing now otherwise I could spend weeks adding more detail and parts so this is where I'll leave it.

Edited by ALMOST610

ALMOST610

Found a nice matching texture for the Air Cleaner. There was a website reproducing stickers for Australian Cars so I got a few things to make it a little more original rather than making something up or using something aftermarket.

alloyhead-xflow-prog1.png

Jeansowaty

It's a very nice job dude! I hope that it won't die like the Hachura revival though :(

universetwisters

alloyhead-xflow-prog1.png

Sorry, but I couldn't resist posting this because of the damning similarities.

cassette.jpg

ALMOST610

Well I ended up getting a little sick of working on textures for the engine so I decided I would skip ahead and make up better (or in this case actual) model of the wheels the XD had.

For those who obviously cant tell, the new one is the left and the old is the one right. It is still untextuted.

blackwood-newheel1.png

InB4 Universetwisers, The new wheel might also remind you of an old cassette tape. :panic:

Edited by ALMOST610

Silent

You could reuse the old wheel for a crankshaft part or that spinning thing on a supercharger if you plan to add one (unlikely) :p

ALMOST610

Yeah I do not plan to add a supercharger nothing like that was around for this engine back in the day, I do not think it is even available now for it, if anyone wants a more powerful i6 they usually just swap out the old Alloy heads for the new BA-FG Barra Turbo's or just swap in the Supercharged V8's. Still a nice idea though.

supanaut

I remember when these used to be the standard cop car and taxi... rare find these days. Nice work!

ALMOST610

Thanks, As you may be able to see then it is not 100% true to the original but atleast it looks very similar to the car.

I also tried a quick proof of concept on converting the sedan to a wagon, I stretched the wheel base slightly from behind the rear doors but I think it might also need to be stretched a little more at the rear. But do remember this was only a quick test and wont become the final model

xdwagon-test1.png

XD Wagon with XF Wheels

i130342.jpg

ALMOST610

Thanks but I have started making my own engine so I will stick with it now rather than getting permission for someone elses work.

Jeansowaty

I remember a car looking almost identical to an XD Falcon Station Wagon driving close by to my house. I didn't know that they could be imported to Poland! :blink:

ALMOST610

I remember a car looking almost identical to an XD Falcon Station Wagon driving close by to my house. I didn't know that they could be imported to Poland! :blink:

I suppose they could be imported to anywhere, but I would bet it was more likely a Ford Granada from the UK, although they looked very similar the size was quite different between the two cars, I think the only part that the two shared was the Ford Badge on the front and rear.

Edited by ALMOST610

Jeansowaty

Yeah it was smaller. Might be that one.

CaptainB52

The model looks great so far, you wouldn't happen to still be working on it?

ALMOST610

Im not working on this model anymore specifically, I got it to a stage I was happy with it, but I was not happy enough with it being based on the Admiral, so I started a new version from scratch going for a fairly accurate look.

Here is a few shots from back in May on the scratch model that I was trying to get as accurate and perfect as I can.

Front-EndWork-SHPXD2.png

sideview-workshot.png

CaptainB52

Wow, looks even better than the old one (at least what you have). I love the XD Falcon, it's my favorite Ford model and generation. I'll keep an open spot in my game for this. ;)

ConkerTS

Oh, my! I only signed up to this forum for this thread!
I have a Ford XE (Similar with slight changes) as my everyday car and I would lovee for this to be completed in the future!!
:lol:

ALMOST610

I've felt like playing with this car recently, but since the scratch model is not near an in game stage I made some small updates to the Admiral Based Model. Most noticeably the revised headlights-grill section that looks much better and the new wheels, which I showed the model of earlier but now have textured.

fixxd01.png

fixxd02.png

fixxd03.png

fixxd04.png

ALMOST610

gallery16.jpg

gallery14.jpg

gallery5.jpg

gallery10.jpg

gallery6.jpg

v2-1.png

ALMOST610

Its amazing how so much has changed over the past couple years on this model with all the small edits I have made, they seem to have added up into a huge difference from current model to the first in game model.

gallery28.jpggallery29.jpg

gallery30.jpg

gallery31.jpg

gallery32.jpg

gallery33.jpg

gallery34.jpg

gallery35.jpg

gallery36.jpg

gallery37.jpg

gallery38.jpg

xd-v3-night1.png

xd-v3-night2.png

PhillBellic

Hmm, neat. What's the difference between the two Red Models?

ALMOST610

Hmm, neat. What's the difference between the two Red Models?

"ALO 982" is the current version of the model and ""CGV 107" is the version of the model when I first made it up and tested it in game, differences between them are, new taillights, headlights, grill, indicators, side moldings, roofline, rear doors, front end, wheels, badges, bonnet, etc. Lots of things have changed between them.

Basically "CGV 107" was just my first muck around to make something look kinda similar to the rear life car, and since then I have been making small changes over time to make it seem more like the real car, and even today I am messing with the model a little more to keep adding to that.

ALMOST610

There has been a lot of changes of recent and Its been a long time since I shared a file so here is a demo release of the latest version of the car for people to have a play of, please post if you download and I would love to see everyone posting some screen shots of you driving it around, Remember, this is not a final version it is just a demo of what I am up to now.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42357312/GTAForums/Files/A610-XD_FALCON_R2.rar

ENJOY!!!

ALMOST610

Here is just a little quick mock up of an XE S Pak, yeah, I know some details are not correct and the taillights are still XD but, oh well.

XE_S_PAK_1.png

XE_S_PAK2.png

Edited by ALMOST610