Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,810 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

JOSEPH X

MAD MAX

JOSEPH X

user posted image

user posted image

Play as Mad Max, a lone warrior who must embark on a dangerous journey

after his Interceptor is stolen by a deadly gang of marauders. A reluctant

hero with an instinct for survival, Max wants nothing more than to leave

the madness behind and find solace in the storied “Plains of Silence”.

Teaser:

Official:

http://www.madmaxgame.com

Screens:

Edited by JOSEPH X

Tycek

Looks great, but I try to rather not get in the overhyping. Avalanche studios isn't that experienced to make something briliant and I wouldn't like to get sh*tty Mad Max. Let's hope they get at least driving physics right, not like the one in JC.

Waldie

They should get Mel Gibson to do the voice.

He could do with the work I'm sure.

ainsz

I don't know anything about Mad Max, could anyone fill me in? Would could we expect from the game?

JOSEPH X
Looks great, but I try to rather not get in the overhyping. Avalanche studios isn't that experienced to make something briliant and I wouldn't like to get sh*tty Mad Max. Let's hope they get at least driving physics right, not like the one in JC.

That's the only thing that's worrying me. I never played Just Because or Just Because 2, 'cause I heard they were like kids games, and the world was big but sterile and repetitive.

Mad Max is a more dark and gritty adult story, with some moments that are Aussie humour. It's all about survival and and action rather than survival horror. That's going to be difficult for Avalanche to pull off.

I think the original writer of the movie - George Miller - is involved in some way, so that would be a plus if it's true. I remember reading something a while ago about him making a game of the movie, so I did a little search and dug up the article

From 2011:

“After resisting the impulse for years, and watching imitators clean up, Miller is now finally going to make Mad Max, the game,” says the article. The game was originally going to be made in Sweden (we guess Just Cause 2 developers Avalanche Studios would be the perfect fit) until Miller met LA Noire creator Brendan McNamara, who seems to be working on the game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/28/mad-max-...ge-miller/#null

JOSEPH X

I don't know anything about Mad Max, could anyone fill me in? Would could we expect from the game?

MAD MAX is a trilogy of films that shot Mel Gibson to stardom in the 80's and went from being a cult hit in the first movie to an international blockbuster by the third.

The story takes place after a complete breakdown of society when the oil starts to run out. Max's wife is killed by a gang and Max goes out to get vengeance. It's all about the stuggle to get gasoline and resources while surviving amongst hostile enemies.

Here's a link to a stream of MAD MAX 2 I think it was the best one.

http://www.solarmovie.so/link/show/849867/

Edited by JOSEPH X

ainsz

Thanks, sounds interesting - ill have to give the films a try.

iNero

Is it open world?

Avalanche already had a pretty decent Open World Game with JC2.

JOSEPH X
Is it open world?

Avalanche already had a pretty decent Open World Game with JC2.

It should be an open world - that would be the first check box if it is to be like the movies. I've no doubt Avalanche can deliver that. It's coming to the 360 and PS3 as well as the PS4 and the Xbox One, but the older hardware didn't stop Avalanche from making massive maps.

Some of the elements needed to make it true to MAD MAX might also work in Avalanches favour. Here is what I think it needs to have:

- Fuel in cars and scaveging fuel. This is a major part of the world MAD MAX lives in - it's basically whet the story is all about.

- Vast distances of barren desert between locations for you to worry about fuel consumption.

- Limited ammo. We saw that in the trailer so I'm confident about that.

- Wear and tear on cars, you have to scavenge parts to keep your car going

- An Australian sheepdog

- Boomerangs.

BullworthAcademy

Wait what?

I thought those screens were from Just Cause 3?

JOSEPH X
Wait what?

SRSLY?

BullworthAcademy
Wait what?

SRSLY?

Actually...

mrpain

Man they could easily ask Mel Gibson to do some voice acting.

Happy to know it's Avalanche Studious steering the wheel. Credible developer with experience in open-world gameplay. Heck they could turn this into Just Cause 3 if they want to.

Colonel_Buttfuck

Forget about Gibson. There is a new Mad Max movie called Fury Road coming out with Tom Hardy as Max, so if anyone, it will be Hardy doing the voice. That is if the game is based on the movie.

Indi

f*cking boss.

That is all.

JOSEPH X
Wait what?

SRSLY?

Actually...

Removed!

user posted image

user posted image

BullworthAcademy
user posted image

Tycek

Judging by the story it will have to take place between first and second part of the movie. I also hope they will keep the aussie atmosphere and add a lot and I mean a lot cars from down under. Landau, Holdens, Falcons? Hell, yeah.

Waldie
Forget about Gibson. There is a new Mad Max movie called Fury Road coming out with Tom Hardy as Max, so if anyone, it will be Hardy doing the voice. That is if the game is based on the movie.

Nonsense. Gibson is Mad Max.

Unless this is some sh*tty tie-in (which it doesn't appear to be) with the new film then they can have Hardy, otherwise they should at least try to get Riggs to do it first.

I'm pleased. Up until now, Fallout had to serve as my Mad Max game, now we get the real thing. Wonder if Dog will be in it?

RARusk

Needs some Tina Turner.....

GunWrath

Finally, I remember them mentioning a game about Mad Max acouple years back as well as another Mad Max film, which I don't think Mad Max revamped film wise would be a good decision, noone can replace the Gibson. But as far as the game, I'd definitely buy this.. I f*cking grew up with Mad Max. Bring it on.. now all we need is Tina and the Thunderdome

archiebunker

Oi'll droive that tanka.

now all we need is Tina and the Thunderdome

C'mon guys, can't we just get BEYOND Thunderdome?

Algonquin Assassin

F*ck yeah. biggrin.gif

JOSEPH X

Some deets from the producer:

- Open world

- completely new story not based on any of the films. Reintroduces Max to a new audience but is the same Max with the same demons.

- Car combat a massive part based on physics.

- build your own vehicle

- modify it to make it a weapon. Armour, weight, tyre grip to make it better at ramming etc.

MrcTOtheJ

Anyhow I recently got Just Cause 2, and I’ve enjoyed it so I do have faith, I just think there needs to be general improvements to it, such as Driving is a big part so I hope it’s damn good JC2’s driving was pretty bad, foot combat I hope is better than JC2, well at least close combat which it looks to be from those screens.

That said I've been waiting for this, this has to be the best news of E3 in my eyes, only way it gets better is Fallout 4 (imagine both Mad Max and Fallout in the same year, the Post Apocalyptic Junkies dream)

Also glad to hear in the pursuit of geting the Interceptor back we can customize our own Vehicle while doing it, seeing as I've wanted a Mad Max game since I've seen the movies, this is high on my list, hoping to see a good number of '70's Austrialian cars from Falcons (well duh we have one allready) to Monaro's and I hope the Valient Charger makes it in as well.

Also supplies, especially gas NEED to be scarce, seeing as the trailer showed that ammo bit I have hope. Same with the car news, seeing as it's abig part Gas may be as well.

AceRay
- completely new story not based on any of the films. Reintroduces Max to a new audience but is the same Max with the same demons.

Its set between the first and second films right? so basically the same setting as Mad Max 2, the best film of the series imo. I can't wait, that's one of the best films.

Avalaunche really impressed me with JC2. For anyone worried about the driving, JC2 was all about the grabblehook. In this, it looks like they'll focus on the driving more in this one. Should be good.

JOSEPH X

Its set between the first and second films right? so basically the same setting as Mad Max 2, the best film of the series imo. I can't wait, that's one of the best films.

Avalaunche really impressed me with JC2. For anyone worried about the driving, JC2 was all about the grabblehook. In this, it looks like they'll focus on the driving more in this one. Should be good.

Something akin to the grapplehook will be in MAD MAX. He will have a harpoon gun that he can pull enemies out of their vehicle with or burst tyres with according to IGN. Avalanche sure are married to that mechanic (not a car mechanic of course)

IGN also said they were disappointed how easily enemy vehicles were destroyed, but that looting and upgrading gear and car were good.

ClaudeSpeed1911

Wow this game looks great, I can't believe how people are calling this Fallout rip off. confused.gif

Moonshield
Wow this game looks great, I can't believe how people are calling this Fallout rip off. confused.gif

Unfortunately there are people in this generation way more familiar with Fallout than with Mad Max.

But holy f*ck, dat Enforcer.