Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,252 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ai®a©ob®a

Tom Clancy's The Division

We Are Ninja

I picked this up for $8. I've unlocked HELLA beanies. My character's head is warm AF. The amount of beanies in this game is staggering. I can't get past the bullet sponges, tho'. Dude in an alley wearing a hoodie, literally eating headshots from a heavy sniper like it's candy. Dude is running at me, completely shrugging off headshots, not even slowing down. -_-

PaeganLoveSong

That threw me off when I first got it, too. If it wasn't a Tom Clancy-branded game then I wouldn't have even noticed, but you get used to it and find weapons/builds that wreck NPCs/other players in due time.

Also, best advice I've ever received on the game: don't worry about gear until you've reached endgame (rank 30). Your training wheels are on and the real stuff doesn't happen till then.

AiraCobra

I can't get past the bullet sponges, tho'. Dude in an alley wearing a hoodie, literally eating headshots from a heavy sniper like it's candy. Dude is running at me, completely shrugging off headshots, not even slowing down. -_-

THIS is what really turned me off as well it seemed like I would go though 2 or 3 clips before one guy would go down leaving me empty and only left with a pistol to finish off the rest of them so I can advantage forward

PaeganLoveSong

Did you put it down before cracking 30?

luisniko

Also, best advice I've ever received on the game: don't worry about gear until you've reached endgame (rank 30). Your training wheels are on and the real stuff doesn't happen till then.

I'm not sure in which state of the game you started this game and apply this advice on, but this is definitely not the way it rolled back then.

Sure, the advice has been there since long ago, but this "real stuff" was literally not even close to what one can consider as 'fun'. Ultra shi*t loot drop rate, PvE difficulty gaps, forced DZ bullsh*t, farming in DZ for hours only to get a few upgrade-worthy items and then get killed by someone who min-maxing GS during extraction, and last but not least: psycho-induced updates that only worked in favor of DZ dickheads.

I'm so traumatized that not even after the game-changing updates I would re-buy the game for 7 bucks during PSN sale...

Edited by luisniko

PaeganLoveSong

I, admittedly, came in not long after 1.7 dropped. I've heard the horror stories of its launch and it seems like 1.3 or 1.5 is when most of the above issues were taken care of, but that's also why I rarely buy games at launch.

Ciaran

Dropping tomorrow.

PaeganLoveSong

Fooled around with the Optimization Station quick this morning. Each roll takes 50 DivTech and some regular currency, so get to farming! I only had enough to get a few rolls on my primary loadout (4-piece Striker classified, 2-piece Sentry classified, tanky build), but my gear score nearly capped early.

Be sure to switch back to World Tier 5 after signing in for the first time because they've reset the tiers. Your 256 gear score should also be upped to 275 at log in.

AiraCobra

I was just browsing on Steam and noticed it was on sale so I figured i'd go and look and see how bad the rating is but to my surprise the raising is Mostly Positive but all the ratings are very recent and seem to come from players who are late comers to the game and weren't a party to what plagued Day One to Six Month players

Tigereyesxx

Early days , but this update is phenomenal ,the map expansion is amazing and its free....played Resistance, which is like GTA Survival mode, and was surprised that in free roam, all these challenges appear that you can solo. Ubisoft and Massive have put so much into this game and it is probably the best free roam shooter game I have ever played. Those who have paid for DLC ,Underground is brilliant, especially now there are checkpoints. Best money I have ever spent on a game, and I bought it used....Yes I am truly a fanboy..

Edited by Tigereyesxx

luisniko

I was reading the ubiblog on the update. It caught my attention that they changed the Dark Zone and after a year, they finally realized how pestilent that place was.

http://blog.ubi.com/division-resistance-1-8-update-shaped-dark-zone-2-0/

I was nodding in agreement through the article, until I found the part that they are still missing despite to all of the DZ change. It turns out that they are still condoning the PvP e-peen enlargement program and thus the problem still won't be solved.

I believe the Rogue system was initially designed to give a chance to people who are desperate for better gear to fight for the items with others who seem to carry them. The Manhunt status was designed to give a tense and threat to these desperate people who have committed, worsened, and stayed long enough in their crime. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case.

Rogue system is now simply a status and feature of grieving. Rogue players manipulated and fooling the game to enter as the strongest one in the cage. These players don't exactly compete for better gears. They just present there to be nuisance and the result is that there's a great barrier from the 'weaker' players to level up their gear, while these dickhead PvP players typically would say, "If you don't like us, don't play the game. If you lose, then you weren't prepared." without realizing that they are the bigger virus of the DZ worse than the Dollar Virus itself.

The same goes to Manhunt status. While it was meant to be hunted by everyone, Manhunt status is now an icon on minimap to be avoided at all cost. At the end of the day, these people don't play as intended and yet Massive approve it. They still don't see how people get turned off by Dark Zone. The Rogues and the Manhunts are those who no longer need gears in where they are at. Their victory is definite and despite of attaining a state that's meant to be a crime by the game's lore standard, there is no balanced consequence for them for doing this; they still can extract, pass through the DZ gates, go back to SHD HQ, and so on. Meanwhile, they become the consequence of people who just like to farm and get better, which by no means that they are even ready to face the stats of these Rogues'. The new DZ won't work as long as the mindset exists and encouraged.

PaeganLoveSong

To flip your issues on their ear, what if I told you that most of the remaining player base is there for PVP?

luisniko

To flip your issues on their ear, what if I told you that most of the remaining player base is there for PVP?

Yes I'm aware of that. And that's literally not even a wonder when it comes to The Division where the rest of the playerbase got forced and turned off by the PvP portion.

Also I must say that throughout my stay with the community, the PvP in this game is an unhealthy one (which the other side of the PvP community also seem to despise the nature). It's not the type where two sides really wanting to engage in a worthy fight. This game's PvP is like Dark Souls' PvP; the so-called PvP-ers are mostly only looking to engage and screw weaker ones.

Audi

Wound up buying it again on Steam for $14 after playing it for free this weekend. Enjoying it more then i did on PS4.

Tigereyesxx

Yes I'm aware of that. And that's literally not even a wonder when it comes to The Division where the rest of the playerbase got forced and turned off by the PvP portion.Also I must say that throughout my stay with the community, the PvP in this game is an unhealthy one (which the other side of the PvP community also seem to despise the nature). It's not the type where two sides really wanting to engage in a worthy fight. This game's PvP is like Dark Souls' PvP; the so-called PvP-ers are mostly only looking to engage and screw weaker ones.. I totally understand how you feel, the trick in the Division is to play PVE content only, there is so much of it , I am still playing ,had mostly awful experiences in the DZ, so just gave it a miss. You just cannot let the sh*ts in the DZ make you give up a great game, we need good people like yourself to play with, maybe then we can make the best of the DZ aswell...

Audi

Yeah I dabbled in the DZ on ps4 a few times and hated it. Won't go near it now.

Some pc screens. Been enjoying the PvE during my short break from Rainbow Six Siege lol. Always liked playing this game in the holiday season.

39043608181_a0c843197a_h.jpg27266810759_c0efb462cd_h.jpg

TommyPayne123

Is this game's online community still active on PS4? Was thinking of buying it cause it's pretty cheap right now.

Ciaran

It's pretty active. A lot more players have come back when 1.8 dropped.

TommyPayne123

It's pretty active. A lot more players have come back when 1.8 dropped.

Cool. Thanks man.

Tigereyesxx

Players who want to come back, now there is a new challenge, Classified gear 6 piece , very powerful. State of the game just stated it will drop everywhere, not just Global Events. It transforms your character and allows you to take on the toughest incursions ,legendary missions and fight Hunters in the Underground etc etc...You Dont have to go into DZ for this or Exotic weapons , either...

paul

hey andy we should go div!

Nick1020

I gotta try this game again. Even though I sucked I enjoyed the uncertainty of getting jumped into the dz and the atmosphere. But the tanky enemies and random chance of getting good weapons made me stop playing.

Edited by Nick1020

PaeganLoveSong
Posted (edited)

I gotta say that I'm not really a fan of the Outbreak GE. The others (Assault, Strike, Ambush) are much better, if only because they allowed you to flank and push. This one is all about sniping and medic boxes, two aspects I'm not great at.

Edited by PaeganLoveSong

Tigereyesxx

Newly announced, Division 2 is being made, more news at E3 in June. Also for the current game, update 1.8.1, 4 new legendry missions, starting with Grand Central Station and Amherst, others to be announced. 2 more new Global Events in addition to the current 4. Update 1.8.2 will bring in something called Shields, which will allow players to win rewards which can be used in Division 2. This is an exciting time for Division fans, just hope they do something about the DZ for non PVP players...

PaeganLoveSong

I love Assault. My favorite of the GEs. I just wish idiots would read the description of the Critical and Massive modifiers because I still see too many people keeping their distance instead of blitzkrieging.

Tigereyesxx

Just a note for PVE players, I have managed to get The House ,Big Alejandro, Urban MD ,Bullfrog, Showstopper, Warlord, Cassidy, Classified gear, etc etc without ever having to deali with the ganking crap of the Cronus Max DZ....

PaeganLoveSong

So glad that the GE's are over until Blackout comes with 1.8.1. Assault and Ambush are fine, but Outbreak and Strike can eat a dead dog's dxck. I'm still missing my classy Nomad backpack, though :-/

Now, I decide to really give my classy Striker build a solid chance after it helped me not be a schmuck in Last Stand.

Claude4Catalina

So glad that the GE's are over until Blackout comes with 1.8.1. Assault and Ambush are fine, but Outbreak and Strike can eat a dead dog's dxck. I'm still missing my classy Nomad backpack, though :-/

Now, I decide to really give my classy Striker build a solid chance after it helped me not be a schmuck in Last Stand.

1.8.1 should be a good one, have you been on r/thedivision? few rumours about division tech dropping with weekly objective crates, which will be a big help. I'm stilly waiting on my last piece of classy Striker, had a few decent classy AlphaBridge come with the GE's which is always good, but yeah I get what you mean about Outbreak and Strike though, kind of hard to adjust your play styles to different gear sets with extra gameplay modifiers popping up every few days. Will be nice to get back to regular gameplay until 1.8.1 and Blackout come along.

PaeganLoveSong

They're not rumors, the devs have been open about DivTech being included with weekly assignment caches as well as removing the Special Vendor exotics from the drop pool. They've also said that LZ supply drops will give DivTech and have a greater chance of giving you exotics/classy gear, so the one that's out right now should be saved until 1.8.1 goes live (2 days before it expires).

Tigereyesxx

Been back in the Underground while there is a pause in GE, you know this mode is amazing, and feels so different to the rest of the game, in fact its addictive, and the battles down there are intense.. recommend it highly to anyone who hasn't tried it....