3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
SimsDaniel916

Deep Silver (Saints Row 4) trashing GTA V

SimsDaniel916

On Twitter, the community manager of Deep Silver (SR4) posted a link to a article on clickonline.com claiming that SR4 is better than GTA V. Then if posting that article wasn't enough he posted this on Twitter: "(Or if you really must compare them, one has a blimp and the other has a VTOL, shaped and painted like an eagle. With missiles.)"

He's really stupid enough to compare a pre-order bonus to that crappy and completely unrealistic jet??

Now for the article on ClickOnline. Before the writer of this complete trash article reached a so called "verdict" he decided this on these categories.

Presentation - GTA V

Mechanics - SR4?! (He bases GTA V's mechanics on MP3 BTW)

Plotting - GTA V (He say's "Toss a coin, GTA V". Yah thats professional writing right their!)

Longevity - GTA V

Variety - SR4.. Claiming that walking, running, shooting, stealing and driving is no match for MechSuits, Dubstep Guns, SuperSpeed.

Even with GTA V winning this idiots sh*tty grading scale his verdict is SR4 as the winner.

Here is the article for you guys to read This Mess

And heres A link to the tweet

Leave your thoughts on Deep Silver and ClickOnline trashing GTA V and go comment on that article telling the writer he's an idiot.

Edited by SimsDaniel916

DarrinPA

R* isn't above trashing other games either. They've made fun of the Driver series a few times.

Racecarlock

No matter what, it'll still be better than mafia II in my book.

Then again, most n64 games are better than mafia II in my book.

iiConTr0v3rSYx

You didn't like Mafia 2? I though it was quite good. Enjoyed the story, especially the ending.

OT: SR4 will have it's one month of fame. That's all it will ever have.

Niick99

High silver is only saying that because they know their game is going to be collecting dust in terms of sales compared to gta v, and there pissed

DeadZombie

Ask him how dead island riptide sales are going.

Durden

Hah. That tweet comparing the blimp to the VTOL sounds like something that my SR Fanboy friend would say. My friend is a bloody idiot, btw. lol.gif

BeardedxMic
R* isn't above trashing other games either. They've made fun of the Driver series a few times.

I can't wait to see what they do with SR. Hmm. Maybe that's why the other gang wears purple?

cp1dell

I always saw those as humorous jabs, nothing serious.

This is just unprofessional.

Raavi

Shhh! You're talking about one of the most immersive games to date, if not the most immersive. What other game lets you to clean a toilet, have a guy piss in it, and lets you clean it once again, not to mention allowes you to have a day-at-the-spa with some chubby guys all while at the comfort of a prison?!

iiConTr0v3rSYx
Ask him how dead island riptide sales are going.

Ironically, both that and SR4 look like $60 DLC compared to the previous games.

SimsDaniel916
Hah. That tweet comparing the blimp to the VTOL sounds like something that my SR Fanboy friend would say. My friend is a bloody idiot, btw. lol.gif

I was pretty shocked when I read that tweet. Beyond desperate.

Hiphiphorhay

ha, thats funny... i saw the new saints row trailer. its such a joke. they blew it after saints row 2

Durden

It would be funny if in GTAV, one of the NPCs that looks like a complete f*cking douchebag has a unique line of dialogue when you enter a blimp or fly it near them. "Big deal. My Saint can fly a f*cking VTOL" lol.gif

Johan

You didn't like Mafia 2? I though it was quite good. Enjoyed the story, especially the ending.

Not even, maybe a week or two.. the game isn't that long

Saints Row 3 took me 2 days to get the platinum trophy, it wasn't a brilliant game.

Racecarlock

The story wasn't worth all of the bullsh*t ass chores I had to go through. It's basically GTA IV's story blended with a generic mafia movie. This f*cking story made me clean toilets, sell cigarettes by choosing the correct color, lift a crate into the back of a truck, and drive everyone around like I'm a f*ckin' soccer mom.

Joe's Adventures doesn't help much either. It gives you free roam, but the only things to do in free roam are drink, buy clothes, customize cars, and mayhem. That's it. It was like watching paint dry and stopping to eat my own sh*t (Which is what those chore bits are. Like eating sh*t).

I could have been playing ANYTHING else, but people keep suggesting that V add in the fuel and traffic laws from that game as though GTA V should be taking any advice from such a boring, grey snoozefest that routinely gets interrupted to do things no more exciting than taking out the trash.

About the ending, cliffhangers are the worst thing a story can do. They leave you hanging and then don't bother to provide answers unless you buy the next game, which presumably will have you doing every single sheet of paperwork involved in doing your taxes.

1691lsu

I'm sure the glorified DLC from a company who isn't even is business anymore will be a lot better than the game that's been in development for 5 years from the company who has dominated the gaming world for the last decade. Seriously, are we sure this person isn't just a troll who made this article.

Audiophile

Lol after the horror that was SR3.... lol.gif

SimsDaniel916
I'm sure the glorified DLC from a company who isn't even is business anymore will be a lot better than the game that's been in development for 5 years from the company who has dominated the gaming world for the last decade. Seriously, are we sure this person isn't just a troll who made this article.

Are we sure your not a troll? Heres the link To the Tweet

iiConTr0v3rSYx

The story wasn't worth all of the bullsh*t ass chores I had to go through. It's basically GTA IV's story blended with a generic mafia movie. This f*cking story made me clean toilets, sell cigarettes by choosing the correct color, lift a crate into the back of a truck, and drive everyone around like I'm a f*ckin' soccer mom.

Joe's Adventures doesn't help much either. It gives you free roam, but the only things to do in free roam are drink, buy clothes, customize cars, and mayhem. That's it. It was like watching paint dry and stopping to eat my own sh*t (Which is what those chore bits are. Like eating sh*t).

I could have been playing ANYTHING else, but people keep suggesting that V add in the fuel and traffic laws from that game as though GTA V should be taking any advice from such a boring, grey snoozefest that routinely gets interrupted to do things no more exciting than taking out the trash.

About the ending, cliffhangers are the worst thing a story can do. They leave you hanging and then don't bother to provide answers unless you buy the next game, which presumably will have you doing every single sheet of paperwork involved in doing your taxes.

Well sh*t, I don't remember doing ALL that.

You have to admit though, the prison chapter was pretty cool.

And I don't ever remember refueling any of my cars while I played the game. To think about it, I didn't even know there was a fuel meter into halfway throughout the game.

Anyway, to each their own. SR4 isn't going to put a dent in GTA V sells.

Suck it, Deepsilver.

djv3n0m

Only gonna say this what's the point of adding a VTOL if they literally added special powers enabling you to fly turn.gif

ryuclan

I have absolutely no idea what the hell Click online is...

GTAforthe21thcentury

Saints row can go f*ck themselves with a ten foot pole. f*ck them and their novelty garbage.

EvilFuture

LOL stupid f*cktards (not you, don't cry. I'm talking about the guys from SR4)

In no way is SR4 better than GTA V.

Racecarlock

If by "cool" you mean "Literally the worst and most boring chapter I've ever played through in my life and one I wouldn't play again if I had a gun to my head", then yes, it is pretty "cool".

Raavi
Lol after the horror that was SR3.... lol.gif

Like cleaning toilets wasn't enough of a traumatizing experience- SR3 actually stepped it up a notch and forcefully turned me into a toilet at one point. The horror, it still haunts my dreams!

Bantri

The ending made me cry :'(

SimsDaniel916

Mis-understood

Edited by SimsDaniel916

iiConTr0v3rSYx

If by "cool" you mean "Literally the worst and most boring chapter I've ever played through in my life and one I wouldn't play again if I had a gun to my head", then yes, it is pretty "cool".

Ahahaha. biggrin.gif

Can't please everyone I suppose.

redx165

Saints Row IV won't even get 1/8 of GTA sales and awards. The person who wrote it just doesn't like Rockstar Games or GTA. So they wanted to make GTA look bad.