Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,492 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MessedUpPro

The "Exclusives"

MrcTOtheJ

Yeah I agree with you TC, it does make it seem like we're just geting earlier acess to these items, and we could go out there and get them in game via some other means be it though a mission or minigame or finding one and jacking it from somewhere.

Which is good because I like that Hotknife and I don't know if I can get to town before Sunday or not so I may have to get the special edition and not the Collectors. Which sucks because I liked that bag and Hat. Oh well I still get the Steel case, map, and those outfits. Trevor's looks bad ass. (Was hoping to have the Hotring to go with that Flamed out shirt)

flyboy7

My theory is that these virtual items' data and models resides within the disc itself. It is possible that after a few months or year there will be a mod or hack that will allow you to get this items easily.

I pre-ordered the collector's edition simply because I love GTA and already love GTA V and I would like to have these novelty items(maps, books, etc.) as well.

Honest Bill

The thing is OP, that what you're speaking about is usually termed 'early access'

Since they didn't say that, it very much seems to imply that you need to buy the more expensive editions to get the features at all.

If that isn't the case, and everyone else can get the features bt they have to buy them with in-game money, or unlock them, then nobody would have been complaining. S if that were the case, one would imagine they would have made that clear, but they didn't.

Forzum

The weapons sounds exclusive, but the vechiles & garages sounds like they are in the game, but with collectors edition you get it all, instantly instead of like needing to find 50 pigeons or whatever to unlock the hotrod etc.

Flashify

I bet you that all the "exclusive" stuff (Carbon bike and hotrod car, sledgehammer and other weapons) will be in any standard version but you just don't get it straight away as you would with the Sp or Co Edition. And if that is the case, then I can wait. The online characters will be exclusive though.

epicluca

I mailed R* telling them not to make the exclusives available for anyone other than those who buy the collectors edition, ever. If they really wanna make money then they'll just introduce loads of add on cars and weapons aside from those in the collectors edition then when the GOTY edition comes out just put all that in there, not the CE stuff

Lukijs

Waaaaaaaaaaait a second,where is it said that the weapons are exclusives huh? It's written that you will be able to get them for free.

jogy
Waaaaaaaaaaait a second,where is it said that the weapons are exclusives huh? It's written that you will be able to get them for free.

If you buy a SE or CE yes. Otherwise we will have to buy it ingame.

MessedUpPro
The thing is OP, that what you're speaking about is usually termed 'early access'

Since they didn't say that, it very much seems to imply that you need to buy the more expensive editions to get the features at all.

If that isn't the case, and everyone else can get the features bt they have to buy them with in-game money, or unlock them, then nobody would have been complaining. S if that were the case, one would imagine they would have made that clear, but they didn't.

If you wanna use technical terms, then all of this in-game content should say "Exclusive". They didn't say that.

MuXu96

I bought the CE even tho I don't want to get weapons for free, I think it really sucks to get stuff just cause you pay real money..

I want to work to get sh*t sad.gif "Oh hey I'm some dude going into an ammunation and for some reason the seller is giving me stuff for free for no reason loool"

JuventusFC

I think the cars ARE exclusive.

If you look on the previews for special/collector's ed it says UNIQUE VEHICLES, so they probably are exlusive.

GTAfan786

Exactly. I don't see why people are complaining.

MessedUpPro

Exactly. I don't see why people are complaining.

Well, that isn't exactly confirmed. But it seems more likely than "You get a hammer as an exclusive weapon!" I mean, there are probably tons of better melee weapons available at the beginning of the game. A baseball bat is one. So I don't see why that would be an exclusive. Seems pretty small for one.

sh0w3r m4n

Now that I bought the CE I hope not. I wanna be the only Tommy Vercetti in my lobby tearing sh*t up while screaming "DO I LOOK LIKE IM JOKING, PRICK?"

MessedUpPro

Well, R* finally responded. But they seem to have misunderstood what I was asking, because they said "Thanks for the email. We haven't announced any plans to make the digital content available separately from the Special/Collector’s Editions, but we do appreciate that you took the time to write us." I didn't ask about a separate download, I asked if the cars and weapons were already in game. Oh well.

Nemesis2252
Well, R* finally responded. But they seem to have misunderstood what I was asking, because they said "Thanks for the email. We haven't announced any plans to make the digital content available separately from the Special/Collector’s Editions, but we do appreciate that you took the time to write us." I didn't ask about a separate download, I asked if the cars and weapons were already in game. Oh well.

reply back with one sentence: is the digital content in the SE/CE EXCLUSIVE or will it just be early access/downloadable content later?

MessedUpPro

reply back with one sentence: is the digital content in the SE/CE EXCLUSIVE or will it just be early access/downloadable content later?

I tried to make my question clearer. I'm thinking they have a generic response to these questions, and that was what I got.

jogy

Thats their marketing strategy. If they said oh well its also available in the normal version. People will not buy the SE and EC version.

SuperDuperGta
I think the cars ARE exclusive.

If you look on the previews for special/collector's ed it says UNIQUE VEHICLES, so they probably are exlusive.

UNIQUE vehicles could mean that they're one of a kind. So you wont see them on the road, you can only get them via unlocks.

For me the only reason I would consider getting it was for the stunt plane challenges. These are the only things I think will be really exclusive (and clothes and multiplayer avatars.

Other then that, I don't want to make the game easier for myself. I wonder how many CE owners Heist Getaway Cars will be the hot knife..

jogy

Hotknife is a two seater?

MuXu96
Hotknife is a two seater?

I'm pretty sure it is

.dre.

I also hear you say. But look at the fact that they also add a multiplayer vehicle. "Wait a second! GTA stands for Grand Theft Auto, which means to steal a car. So that must mean the game lets you steal cars!" That's right! So how could they add an exclusive car to multiplayer when you can steal cars from other players? It wouldn't be exclusive anymore, because anyone could steal it from you.

If it is indeed in FreeRoam, I can imagine people shooting up these exclusive cars and cause grief to the people who have them. I mean there will be grief everywhere like last time but even more directed at exclusivity.