Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,099 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Los Santos Fire

Ok, so which edition are you gonna get?

Which version are you gonna buy?  

1,488 members have voted

1. 1. Which version are you gonna buy?

• Standard ($60)
    • Special ($80)
    • Collectors ($150)

reform
All that the collector's edition offers over special edition is a box, a hat, a case, online characters, a few extra weapons and a couple vehicles/garage (wtf?) For what? An extra £55.

No thanks! Special edition for me!

Special edition has the weapons, too.

YoungChrist

Standard not at all interested in the features they introduced in the special addition at all.

Hustlebanks

I was the first person to Pre- order the collectors edition at the GameStop that I go to. Can't wait for September.

losSantosGang

as much as i love the collectors edition i think im just gonna go with the normal edition, altough i realy would love to have a LS cap hhaha, but i've got some work on my pc and have to buy new graphics card and such, and i might buy a new next gen console later this year, so i'll stick with my x360 normal version for now smile.gif

yakprince

Pre-Ordered the Collectors Edition.

douggoud

I voted Special Edition, but I just remembered that I pre-ordered it at work, and so far, Target hasn't updated online to say that they'd be carrying the Special or Collectors edition (I do remember that we got a couple of those special editions of CoD Black Ops 2, so maybe they'll update it later). I mean, I get a 10% discount, so why should I buy it anywhere else? lol. If worst comes to worst I'll just get the standard edition and just deal with it (but I kind of want that new art work steel box thing, that looks pretty damn sweet to me, plus all the extra stuff, decisions, decisions..... lol.gif )

When I think about it, why would Target skip on selling the Special and Collectors editions of GTA V and sell the whatever editions of Call of Duty Anything? So I don't think I'll have to worry about that.

LoiterBox

The only reason why I'd get the collector's edition over the special is mainly because of the classic characters being available in multiplayer.

PoliceFarm

The standard seems good to me. With any addons that you buy like this you either feel a need to use the extras even if you don't think they're as beneficial or fun to play with, or they make you feel too overpowered. I think addons just distract from the real meat and potatoes of the game.

Suchary

Pre-Ordered the Special Edition today.

zeppelincheetah

Special. I just can't bring myself to buy the Collector's. It costs 2.5x as much as the original price. I am poor. I am one of those consumers that puts a little money at a time to pay off the game. I would have to be completely insane to spend $150 on one game.

But, having said that, GTA V is the first game I plan to buy since November 2011 and the only game I plan to buy in 2013. So... maybe I should go all out and buy the Collector's. It's just gonna bother me if I don't. For now I am still thinking Special.

Happyness

Does anyone in Romania know where the f*ck can I get some info on Collector's edition?

KTR

Standard. I don't care for physical goods. Pretty sure the bonuses from SE and CE will be DLC later on. Will trade my standard copy for the GOTY edition.

jameznash

Just had a text from GAME (UK Games shop) as I had pre ordered it.

It states - I can upgrade to a special edition exclusive to GAME.

For the price of £64.99,

Not sure if this the normal special edition version or I they have a special edition that has different things exclusive to that GAME store - will go into GAME tomorrow and ask.

reform

For the price of £64.99,

Not sure if this the normal special edition version or I they have a special edition that has different things exclusive to that GAME store - will go into GAME tomorrow and ask.

It's the offical special edition. You can get a £5 discount at game too with the code: REDHOT513

rsgtafan

Canceled my pre ordered standard edition from a store that's asking €230 for the Collector's edition, can U believe it! 230 f*ckING EUROS! that's f*cking insane. So I pre orderd the Collector's edition from another store.

TripleRob

I just upgraded my pre orderthe collectors edition at GameStop! No regrets, been waiting for this game for a longgggg time, plus it's the 1st time buying a collectors edition for me. It's a birthday present to myself.

Blood_Money

Collectors Edition most likely.

jameznash

For the price of £64.99,

It's the offical special edition. You can get a £5 discount at game too with the code: REDHOT513

that's GREAT INFO - MANY THANKS FOR THAT. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Hugef1

Don't like Amazon (don't pay their taxes)

Gamespot still aren't a viable option as they could still go bust.

Just ordered the Spec Ed direct from Rockstar.

Alxste

Can anyone help me?! I want the collectors' ED, yet that price. I really want 100% of this game and its the only collectors I've ever considered, don't really care for the cap and stuff but I will never be happy with out that blimp, stunt plane, tats cars and of course that garage! Shall I go for it and take the £100 ~ plunge and be guaranteed happiness, or wait and see if the downloads can be purchased later and save myself some cash? I really don't want to miss a thing with this game and I guess the physical box and steel book will be cool, he hat is not really my thing but I think I will probably go for it! confused.gif

Side question: If it is going for $150 pre-order on R* I'm guessing it gets converted to GBP and comes out as £100, It wont go for £150 will it??? Probably a stupid question but £100 is a stretch, £150 is way out of the question. cryani.gif

reform

Can anyone help me?! I want the collectors' ED, yet that price. I really want 100% of this game and its the only collectors I've ever considered, don't really care for the cap and stuff but I will never be happy with out that blimp, stunt plane, tats cars and of course that garage! Shall I go for it and take the £100 ~ plunge and be guaranteed happiness, or wait and see if the downloads can be purchased later and save myself some cash? I really don't want to miss a thing with this game and I guess the physical box and steel book will be cool, he hat is not really my thing but I think I will probably go for it!  confused.gif

Side question: If it is going for $150 pre-order on R* I'm guessing it gets converted to GBP and comes out as £100, It wont go for £150 will it??? Probably a stupid question but £100 is a stretch, £150 is way out of the question. cryani.gif

~£119.99 UK rrp

Some sites are trying to sell it for more, but most, and even R* warehouse, ahev it for £119.99

furybeaver

collectors for sure

iNero

In hate special editiin and pre order stuff.

But as GTAV will be my last game on this gen Ill probably go for CE.

I hope its still available until I made my decision

Archvile78

Getting the special edition.

BattleExel

Does anybody in the Netherlands know where I can get a cheap >€90,- special edition?

spiritman23

I just pre-ordered two of the collectors edition. One for myself and the other for my brother. Yes it is too high priced, but since we only get a GTA game every five years or so, I think it will be worth it. Plus, this is the first Collectors Edition I have ever bought for any game ever. I can't wait to jump out of the blimp at high altitude lol

Edited by spiritman23

jogy

Still doubting between the normal version and a special edition.

ChronoStinger

I will get special edition, that is not listed here, its called "torrent complete edition", and its PC exclusive...

Rich.

Standard. Never bought a special (or collectors) edition of any game, and this will be no different.