Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,168 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Los Santos Fire

Ok, so which edition are you gonna get?

Which version are you gonna buy?  

1,488 members have voted

1. 1. Which version are you gonna buy?

• Standard ($60)
    • Special ($80)
    • Collectors ($150)

kb8618

I'm getting the Special Edition... The Collector's is totally not worth the money

exactly this. The blue print I will frame and hang, the lockbox I can put on a shelf. Dont know what Id do with a bank pouch and though the hat is cool those two things are not worth an extra $70 to me. The in-game stuff the CE gives I dont care about.

I am now feeling the same. I have the CE pre-ordered and paid for at Gamestop, but after the initial wow factor wore off, I kept questioning whether it is actually worth it and came to the conclusion that it is not. I can live without the physical stuff as I have no idea what I would do with that stuff cause anytime I try to collect stuff and display it somehow it just ends up sitting in a cabinet gathering dust. The digital content just isn't that great to me once I start thinking about everything else that will be in single player and multiplayer, the vehicles, the guns, the customizable multiplayer character items, etc... that will all be brand new to me anyway.

I am gonna switch my preorder from the CE to the special edition, pay $10 more and get a 2nd special edition for my brother so we can shoot the sh*t out of each other online. So thats +1 to the special edition and -1 from the collectors edition on the poll. lol.gif

I agree with the initial gotta have it wow factor, and after i finally received a reply weather the 3 vehicles are exclusive as it sounded like they are, or just something you start off with, i already made my mind up last week about getting the SE and if i can get the deposit bag on ebay for cheap i might buy one. I will however keep my CE preorder for now, just in case, and yes they are exclusive, at least till GOTY comes.

Edited by kb8618

Macabro
Blimp - Should be available without pre-order

Steelbook/artwork - A cool little thingy.

Blueprint Map - pretty cool. Although it'll aprpear online pretty much right away.

Cap - Who cares?

Bag & Key - Who cares?

Plane Trials - Meh

Bonus Clothes/tats - Should all be in the standard game

Custom Multiplayer characters - Nice

Ability Boost - terribad

vehicles + garage - Should be in standard game

Bonus Weapons - Should be in sandard game

I'm still going to get the collectors edition because I was going to get it anyway, and honestly, I want the extra stuff. I'm compromising my morals to do so but I guess I just don't care enough in order to stand for what I elieve in this time around.

I want the one that has all the in-game stuff.

The special edition is just that right? The in-game stuff without the physical items (Hat, Bag,map)

And what's up with "Ability boost"? I like to play games for a long time, so I dont want my characters to level faster or start with an edge. Is that waht that is?

Can you toggle it off that you know of?

Waige987

I bought the Collectors edition, mostly because the 'Los Santos' hat looks just like Ryders' hat in San Andreas. Also I got it for £95 on PS3 from Tesco so quite a bit cheaper!

lazloisdavrock

collectors. nothing less.

homajay

I've waited too long for this to turn round and say I'm getting the lowest tier edition. It feels like fate has made the decision for me to get the Collectors' Edition.

Hendrix89

Standard when i do get it.

Might get special but only might, Not used to paying those prices for new games. Although this will be my first new xbox 360 since Forza 4, since not my prefered platform tounge.gif

October16th

Standard, because I haven't lost my mind and I understand the value in not wasting money. Seriously people, just buy the normal edition. No matter what you get the full game, don't waste a hundred dollars on bullsh*t; that's just sad.

The Wolfman

Saving up my money for CE, playing as a classic character in MP would be interesting

Krist075

Spending almost a hundred dollars/euros more for the CE content is just bad use of money no matter how rich you are. I mean that extra stuff isn´t worth the money. That´s why I am going with the standard edition.

EmmitBrown

Collector's on both systems (in case the xbox version has texture load problems or anything)

got the headset, too...im pumped

redx165
Collector's on both systems (in case the xbox version has texture load problems or anything)

That's a waste of money.

ugotsmoked

That's a waste of money.

You are a troll, let people spend THEIR money any way they want.

redx165

That's a waste of money.

I'm clearly not a troll. Did you read the thing that says I'm not a troll but stating facts/opinions. If you did then you see I'm stating both a fact and a opinion in that short sentence.

Funny how people that disagree with you is a troll. I wonder who really is the troll?

ugotsmoked

That's a waste of money.

I'm clearly not a troll. Did you read the thing that says I'm not a troll but stating facts/opinions. If you did then you see I'm stating both a fact and a opinion in that short sentence.

Funny how people that disagree with you is a troll. I wonder who really is the troll?

You cannot that it being a waste of money is fact, that is your opinion...No more, no less.

redx165

That's a waste of money.

You cannot that it being a waste of money is fact, that is your opinion...No more, no less.

Buying the same product twice is a waste of money - Fact

Buying the same product twice is a waste of money - Opinion

It's both.

FamousTroll

special edition! im not that rich and saving some money for next gen console rolleyes.gif

ugotsmoked

That's a waste of money.

It's both.

You think your opinion is fact??!!?? You need more help than I can give. Of all the members on this forum, you are the most misguided one I can recall and that is saying something.

Sean5

Collectors edition seems to be sold out everywhere I look in my area in Ireland, so Special edition.

Even if it wasn't sold out I wouldn't get it. 150 euro for a hat and a bag? No thanks.

EmmitBrown

man, i'm 33 years old. i don't buy many games anymore because a lot of them bore me. Rockstar makes great games and they have incredible replay value. the kid in me is spending his adult money on a rare treat that makes him very happy. it's puppy love.

Sgt. Foley

Special

I can't waste that much money on a collector's edition. I'm trying to save up for a new TV here! lol

ugotsmoked
man, i'm 33 years old. i don't buy many games anymore because a lot of them bore me. Rockstar makes great games and they have incredible replay value. the kid in me is spending his adult money on a rare treat that makes him very happy. it's puppy love.

I hear ya man, I am 36 and this is the most hyped I have been for a game since...well ever.

redx165

That's a waste of money.

It's both.

You think your opinion is fact??!!?? You need more help than I can give. Of all the members on this forum, you are the most misguided one I can recall and that is saying something.

I never said my opinion is fact. I stated that buying the same product is stupid. ( You can try to wrap it up all you want but it's stupid to buy the same product that does the same thing and keep them both. ) So what I stated was I agree with the fact that it's stupid which makes it both.

I really think you need to get your head looked at if you really think buying the same product to keep them both around is smart. Because it isn't.

ugotsmoked

That's a waste of money.

It's both.

I never said my opinion is fact. I stated that buying the same product is stupid. ( You can try to wrap it up all you want but it's stupid to buy the same product that does the same thing and keep them both. ) So what I stated was I agree with the fact that it's stupid which makes it both.

I really think you need to get your head looked at if you really think buying the same product to keep them both around is smart. Because it isn't.

You need to get your head looked at if you spend your free time worrying what other people spend their money on. Live your life...don't worry about other peoples lives.

redx165

That's a waste of money.

It's both.

You need to get your head looked at if you spend your free time worrying what other people spend their money on. Live your life...don't worry about other peoples lives.

I do live my life but I find it funny that people are so stupid that they buy the same product twice.

ugotsmoked

That's a waste of money.

It's both.

I do live my life but I find it funny that people are so stupid that they buy the same product twice.

I find it sad that you seem to be one nickel away from being homeless. Some people have money, you do not...Stop hating on what you don't have. One day you will be a man...not anytime soon mind you, but one day.

EmmitBrown

some of my friends have xbox, some of my friends have ps3. ill be playing this game for 5 years. to me both copies is not a waste of money. ill definitely be playing it multiple times anyway since there's multiple endings.

redx165

That's a waste of money.

It's both.

I find it sad that you seem to be one nickel away from being homeless. Some people have money, you do not...Stop hating on what you don't have. One day you will be a man...not anytime soon mind you, but one day.

Yep I'm homeless. Paying for Internet, Cable, Mortgage, Car, Water, etc... Then buying a new TV, New controller, 3 new games, Plus tons of Restaurants to eat. All this money in just June. I'm far from homeless but I got money to spare. What I might add is I GOT ALOT OF MONEY. But someone like you who lives pay check to pay check won't understand someone like me. One day you'll grow a brain. I just hope it comes sooner then later.

ugotsmoked

Buying 3 games is stupid, you only have 2 hands...I really don't know why I reply to someone as brain damaged and envious as you so this will be my last time.

EmmitBrown

ive been putting money aside for it since the first trailer in nov 2011. if you cant save up $150 in 22 months you need a new job.

redx165

Buying 3 games is stupid, you only have 2 hands...I really don't know why I reply to someone as brain damaged and envious as you so this will be my last time.

Yet you're not defending why its ok to buy both copies and keeping them both? Who really is the ignorant one in here? I have my points while you got NOTHING backing you up. Also that goes against what you say. Buying 3 games is the same as buying 2 games. It's stupid.