Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,252 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mr Makaveli

GTA V Early Release

Mr Makaveli

Not to brag or anything, but there's a local independant game shop down here in Scotland, Glasgow that sell game's as soon as they get them in stock. I've been getting game's from there a few days or even a week earlier than the official release date. So i'll be getting GTA V on the 15th the latest.

I'll make another thread nearer to the release to prove i'm not bullsh*tting wink.gif

Does anyone else have a local game shop like this in their area?

OliRow

Yeah there's a lot of those shops in the UK, happens with CoD every year.

May try and find one if I can be bothered, but waiting doesn't bother me, I've waited for years for this game so an extra 3-4 days is nothing, I doubt I'll go on social media sites for like a week before the game releases to avoid anything anyway.

CryptReaperDorian

No, I don't think there's any stores around me that do that (not lucky enough I guess). However, online pre-orders sometimes allow you to receive a game days, or even weeks, before the listed release date.

Johan

Pretty sure there are about 8 stores near my area that would sell it early, but seems like too much trouble just to get it a week early when I don't need it that soon. I'm fine getting it on the first actual day of release.

Durden

No stores near my do this, although my friend has a connection that is going to get him GTAV right when they get the game shipped. He offered to get me involved, but f*ck that - I want to express my hype during the hours leading up to the midnight release, not playing GTAV isolated as one of the few thousand people worldwide. It would feel so... empty and wasted if I just played V early. But hey, 'gratz man - more power to you.

Gazabaza21

would you get banned from xbox live or psn if you played it a week early of its release date? no point in getting it early if your gonna get banned

OliRow
would you get banned from xbox live or psn if you played it a week early of its release date? no point in getting it early if your gonna get banned

If it's a legitimate bought copy, no. If it's pirated, yes.

meson1

Will the game not be date locked? I'm sure GTA:IV was last time. Or maybe that was just the PC version.

G D

I'll be getting GTA V on 13th at the latest. Lawl.

If you're living in KSA, you can pretty much get any game a few dayz or so... [lol.gif] maybe a week before release date.

at an increase of 25% - 75% depending on the store and its original price.

example: Most game stores here sell AAA games for 220-240 SR, the cheapest price for new games is 200 SR, if the game releases early it will be 300 SR cheapest and 400 SR highest.

It's good being an arab if you're a GTA Fan smile.gif

Edited by gdsaqqq

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

... I've waited 2 years, I have no problem waiting an extra couple of days.

Nameless Foot Soldier

I may or may not be getting the game illegally pretty freaking early but I will still spend my money on the full game once it comes out. That's all I can say about that.

Mr Makaveli

I wouldn't mind waiting the extra few days either, but if you have a chance to get it earlier, why not take it? it's a lot better than waiting in a huge line at midnight then getting home and playing while you're half asleep.

CryptReaperDorian
I wouldn't mind waiting the extra few days either, but if you have a chance to get it earlier, why not take it? it's a lot better than waiting in a huge line at midnight then getting home and playing while you're half asleep.

Well, being in a huge crowd for the release of some new game is quite an experience for a number of people. I do agree with you about sleep though. I must schedule my bedtime to the afternoon on September 16.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
I may or may not be getting the game illegally pretty freaking early but I will still spend my money on the full game once it comes out. That's all I can say about that.

Bullsh*t you are not getting it illegally. Rockstar will make sure of that.

On topic - of course you may get it earlier if you live in SC cause that's where Rockstar are. Being in Australia I bet I have to wait an extra week due to an 'unforeseen shipping delay' but I can hold out for 1 week and won't look at anything online.

ZZCOOL

youtube will be filled with spoilers before the game releases

good thing rockstar games takes down spoilers

C4P0N3

thanks to a friend working at gamestop i'll get V when it arrives at the store

probably a week earlier or something colgate.gif

ms banned people for playing games pre release before even if it was a legit copy,

so i might just pull out the inet cable and enjoy singleplayer in its full glory till the off release...

or i just dont give a f*** that they might ban me and play it while beeing online just to taunt my friends xD

King Of Monra

There is a store in Norway as well that sells it a few days before. I'll be getting it on the pc though so it doesn't really matter to me.

Killerdude

Beware, M$ and I'm not sure about Sony, They ban anyone whom they catch playing games before release. Don't bother going offline to play, then coming back on, Cause they know, They always know..

JT69

Off topic, but Mr Makaveli, I'm loving your sig pic of biggie tounge.gif good to see the old school still alive!

stee_vo

yeah i have gotten games like one or two days early from a store here in sweden(webhallen).

Happyness

It's good being an arab if you're a GTA Fan smile.gif

Rofll.... Me and some dude talking, while I am in Jordan.

"Did you see GTA 4? (Before release)"

"Man, what the f*ck? I got that on my PC! It has BMWs, Mercedes....!"

suicidal.gif

Arabs are not so smart in the gaming industry, in Jordan at least. Not sure about KSA.

kj2022

I wish there was a store here which did that, I'm preordering online anyway.

d3ex2

OP, are you referring to G-Force on Union Street? I live in Edinburgh but visit Glasgow a lot. I always bought my Pokemon games there as a kid. They'd import them from the US so we could play them months earlier.

Edit: they are wanting £50 for GTA V...I have it preordered for £40. I'd pay an extra tenner to get it early.

Edited by d3ex2

TonyResta

I remember a week before GTA IV released on consoles, we were watching a gameplay stream of a guy playing the game cus of a shop like that.

I think the PC version was date locked though since it does the check everytime i reinstall the game. They may implement something like that on consoles too but would require an internet connection on installation which some may not have.

HudS
yeah i have gotten games like one or two days early from a store here in sweden(webhallen).

Im buying from webhallen then biggrin.gif

Im usually buy my games from spelbutiken.se but im gonna try webhallen this time smile.gif

deadofthesean
OP, are you referring to G-Force on Union Street?

That will be the one. A gem of a shop for buying games as long as you're not looking for service with a smile. But at least you get games early colgate.gif

deadofthesean

Bullsh*t you are not getting it illegally. Rockstar will make sure of that.

Yeah

Yeah because they did such a great job protecting Max Payne 3 from pirates. sigh.gif

Myrskalle
Not to brag or anything

No? Then what purpose does this thread have? Thousands of shops over the world break the street date of everything they can, it´s hardly news.

OliRow
Beware, M$ and I'm not sure about Sony, They ban anyone whom they catch playing games before release.

No they don't, as long as it's a legit copy they don't

Coral_City
Not to brag or anything, but there's a local independant game shop down here in Scotland, Glasgow that sell game's as soon as they get them in stock. I've been getting game's from there a few days or even a week earlier than the official release date. So i'll be getting GTA V on the 15th the latest.

I'll make another thread nearer to the release to prove i'm not bullsh*tting wink.gif

Does anyone else have a local game shop like this in their area?

Why not just make the thread closer to the release date, sh*t man.