3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans

I'm one of the rare comic fans of the Inhumans and I'm gonna stay optimistic but watching that trailer you can't help but think it was probably best that Marvel made it a movie instead. The set and costume design looks bland and human-like, when one of the big things about them is that they're really nothing like humans at all. Attilan is wacky as hell and given Guardians 1 and 2 as well as the Thor 3 trailer, the movies are nailing that look and style completely. This visually is looking like AoS with a slightly bigger budget. Hopefully it comes out and proves everybody wrong, but we'll see.

At least Lockjaw looks good, no doubt we'll see him only a handful of times during the series though.

Edited by Jason
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This trailer is a bit better than the last...

Still not sure about it. And if I'm not sure about it, someone who knows nothing about the Inhumans is not going to be impressed.

Far better trailer than the last, but the set design and costume design still leaves A LOT to be desired. Triton just looks plain bad.

• 2 months later...

Here it is. Inhumans. The reviews dont look good. But Im giving it a watch anyway. Ill be good. I watched Arrow season 4. I can watch a lot of sh*t if it has comic book characters.

Inhumans, like Iron Fist, is no where near the dumpster fire it was claimed to be, though it does have the same problem where you watch it and think of what could have been. The pacing is completely out of whack and they butchered together the first two episodes in the editing room. The sets and costumes are rushed, Attilan being concrete grey is hooooorrible and they also took a great character from the books and completely destroyed her in order to have one of Maximus' loyal guards be a character from the comics.

But it wasn't disgustingly bad, though the writing in some parts really did try to be. Bolt's scenes were great, even if they did nerf him into the ground.

The good thing about a network tv show is that it could get better. AoS was bland as f*ck until about ten episodes in.

• 2 months later...

Its been a couple months. So Ill bump. Inhumans did not get better.

Agents of SHIELD came back last night, and I love it. I am really into the new story. At first I was skeptical, but as the second episode went on, it really got me interested.

Inhumans was all boring. The show had barely any chances of lasting. There's no concrete plot and the whole "brother v/s brother over throne drama" is over-used TBH.

Agents of Shield is really nice this Season. Better than what I expected it to be.

Inhumans was all boring. The show had barely any chances of lasting. There's no concrete plot and the whole "brother v/s brother over throne drama" is over-used TBH.

Agents of Shield is really nice this Season. Better than what I expected it to be.

There was no concrete plot, but there was plenty of concrete. Felt like they built every single set with it and a CGI alien city looked like it was 99% grey concrete, it made for the most bland alien city I have ever seen in any sort of fiction in my entire life. It summed up the entire show really, drab. Yet to get round to finishing it, I suspect I will at some point but Christ it's bland. Sucks we won't get an Inhuman film for aaaaages now, if ever.

Edited by Jason

There was no concrete plot, but there was plenty of concrete. Felt like they built every single set with it and a CGI alien city looked like it was 99% grey concrete, it made for the most bland alien city I have ever seen in any sort of fiction in my entire life. It summed up the entire show really, drab. Yet to get round to finishing it, I suspect I will at some point but Christ it's bland. Sucks we won't get an Inhuman film for aaaaages now, if ever.

The attilan city looked terrible if you ask me. Usually cities built on Mars or on Moon are state of the art. This one looked like a sh*tty mining town. Just take a look at the Arrowverse shows. They're in DC Universe and spend a good amount of their budget in making beautiful alien cities.

Yep. So much was said of Inhumans big budget as well, it was hyped up as the Game of Thrones of Marvel TV etc. I'm dumbfounded as to where that budget went, no star studded cast, cheap costume design, little to no use of their CGI powers and Attilan's CGI is pretty poor by TV's standards these days. Even worse, they obviously used some techniques to skip costs or potential challenges when it comes to the CGI, Medusa's hair being the prime example. It's like they blew their entire budget on Lockjaw or something.

Yep. So much was said of Inhumans big budget as well, it was hyped up as the Game of Thrones of Marvel TV etc. I'm dumbfounded as to where that budget went, no star studded cast, cheap costume design, little to no use of their CGI powers and Attilan's CGI is pretty poor by TV's standards these days. Even worse, they obviously used some techniques to skip costs or potential challenges when it comes to the CGI, Medusa's hair being the prime example. It's like they blew their entire budget on Lockjaw or something.

No wonder they had to shave Medusa's hair cause they couldn't afford to properly have Medusa use with CGI and all that. The city of Attilan had few places and all of those looked like cheap green screens. Anson Mount didn't really strike as much enticing character overall. I wonder if Iwan Rheon was paid too much. Also, spending sh*t ton of money on a stupid dog would be a stupid move. Would be serious sh*t if they actually did it. Edited by Arrow