3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans

I've really been digging the show more and more. If it was a less ambitious show, they'd just left the "buddy" storyline with Ward letting him go but that snipe just concretes Wards a more than the manipulated sidekick. I read somewhere that he might become The Taskmaster. That'd be badass.

I've really been digging the show more and more. If it was a less ambitious show, they'd just left the "buddy" storyline with Ward letting him go but that snipe just concretes Wards a more than the manipulated sidekick. I read somewhere that he might become The Taskmaster. That'd be badass.

Tony > Ward.

Carol > Skye.

No one would have Ward or Skye replace them. They're their own characters and are too awesome to be replaced.

ABC Renews Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Orders Agent Carter

A second season of AoS was pretty much a no brainer, it's a huge franchise tying into Disney's current biggest cash cow, the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I'm really excited to see Agent Carter. I really liked the role in the movies, and the Marvel One Shot. I just hope they bring in Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark, Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan. Who Knows, maybe they can have Nick Fury Sr. Either way, more Hayley Atwell, is very nice.

Edited by darthYENIK

No I see a lot of people not excited. I think it's because there is almost zero chance that the big stars of the MCU will appear on it.

No I see a lot of people not excited. I think it's because there is almost zero chance that the big stars of the MCU will appear on it.

It's not because of that.

It's because ..Well ..It'll be very limited.

It'll be limited technology wise. It'll be limited character wise... And I'm not talking Iron Man or Thor. I'm talking Red Skull and Baron Zemo (Although, Zemo COULD appear in the past and still be in the present)... Although, it might take the deathstroke approach and have Zemo and Winter Soldier... Since they can mess around with them without f*cking up the continuity or destroying opportunities.

I'm more excited than I was for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I can't stand that show.

I like WW2 theme and the spy theme and the fact that Agent Carter is the main character. She's awesome.

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Loved AOS ever since the garret plot, it gave a meaning from the beggining of the series uptil that point and it got better. Recent's episode was bloody sick, Ward is amazing as a bad guy.

So is this going to continue as it is or is it going to be new actors in a different setting? Because that would be terrible for me.

Loved AOS ever since the garret plot, it gave a meaning from the beggining of the series uptil that point and it got better. Recent's episode was bloody sick, Ward is amazing as a bad guy.

So is this going to continue as it is or is it going to be new actors in a different setting? Because that would be terrible for me.

Same characters. It was just picked up for a second season. Agent Carter is a completely different new show.
FranklinDeRoosevelt

Thanks. Good news. This is the only American show at the moment which in my eyes is at the top, I heard Breaking Bad is probably the best, I haven't watched it so I don't know, but Prison Break is at the top as well.

Agent of Shield keeps me entertained every Friday's here. Shows what Marvel can come up with.

I can't fault AoS these days and Peggy Carter will be good. I imagine we'll see Trip's grand-dad in the show along with some of the gadgets that Trip has that used to belong to him. I really hope Dominic Cooper comes back too. Maybe we'll see his assassination/"car crash" hinted at in Cap' 2 (though its hard figuring out where Tony's birth falls into all this.)

All in all, I'm pretty happy with those announcements. Hopefully they do well. I like how Marvel's putting a lot of faith into projects involving the lesser known characters like Peggy Carter and Jessica Jones.

I can't see Tony Stark's birth or Howard Stark's death being in this. Tony was born in the 60s if he's around the same age as Robert Downey Jr, and Howard didn't die until the 80s if I remember correctly from the beginning of Iron Man 1.

EDIT: Just watched the finale. It was pretty damn good. I know this show gets compared to Arrow, but this whole season really feels like the first season of Arrow. Kind of slow to get going, and a hell of a finale. Hopefully the show gets going like the second season of Arrow.

Edited by darthYENIK

Finale was awesome. Very Marvel. It always had that tone in there but in the finale it finally came to the surface. I know some people are bitching that it didn't answer some of the over-arcing questions but I didn't mind, it was still damn good. Wish the effects for the Destroyer cannon were better though. If you've bringing it back, you should make it as cool as it was originally.

Finale was awesome. Very Marvel. It always had that tone in there but in the finale it finally came to the surface. I know some people are bitching that it didn't answer some of the over-arcing questions but I didn't mind, it was still damn good. Wish the effects for the Destroyer cannon were better though. If you've bringing it back, you should make it as cool as it was originally.

I'v always tried to ignore the less-than-stellar visual effects, keeping in mind that it's a TV show with a TV show budget and a TV show staff.

But some of the effects have been alright. Some looked like straight up kindergarten photoshop, though.

I'v always tried to ignore the less-than-stellar visual effects, keeping in mind that it's a TV show with a TV show budget and a TV show staff.

But some of the effects have been alright. Some looked like straight up kindergarten photoshop, though.

The Destroyer Cannon was really unimpressive though. Couldn't they get a hold of the effects they used in Thor and the Avengers?

I'm the same, I try to see past it but if you're going to bring in a weapon known as "The Destroyer Cannon" its pretty pathetic when it looks like a bunch of orange water-ballons taking those soldiers out.

The Destroyer Cannon was really unimpressive though. Couldn't they get a hold of the effects they used in Thor and the Avengers?

I'm the same, I try to see past it but if you're going to bring in a weapon known as "The Destroyer Cannon" its pretty pathetic when it looks like a bunch of orange water-ballons taking those soldiers out.

Looking at it again, it feels like ...Miscast visual artists.

The destroyer gun effect would have been good, but it only looked like the rays surrounding the shot, it didn't look like there was any projectile there.

They move stuff across shots and places, but they all look awkward. You know why? Because they don't add any blur. Human eyes blur. Fast moving things blur. High budget movies add blur.

And some stuff, the shading is completely wrong, like the lights were set up in the green room without them knowing where they'd be edited into.

Anyway, I hope they get better by season 2, which will hopefully be better budgeted.

Or atleast, the same people get better.

You can't just get ahold of CGI VFX, it's not as easy as copying and pasting. That shot in Avengers probably costs as much as one episode of AoS, and took a dozen artists a hundred hours making. This show probably has half the people, half the time, and a fraction of the money.

You can't just get ahold of CGI VFX, it's not as easy as copying and pasting. That shot in Avengers probably costs as much as one episode of AoS, and took a dozen artists a hundred hours making. This show probably has half the people, half the time, and a fraction of the money.

Yeah, but adding blur, moving a light 5 feet in a different direction and increasing the density doesn't seem like the multi-billion dollar costing gig.

I agree with darthYENIK here, Agent's of SHIELD is neither a Marvel Film or a Marvel One-Shot Film, it's a TV show. I know it's different from what we saw in The Avengers, but the VFX of the cannon is hard to duplicate when you are doing it from a Film to a TV series. To be honest, I'm not even disappointed with all the VFX in every episode. Except for that god-awful Gravitonium though.

Lol I quite like the Gravitonium :p.

It's not really a big deal tbh, it's well enough written and profound at times. I love that bit where Fitzsimmons talk about death. It's perfect.

Not me, especially that scene when Dr. Hall gets absorbs by it
2afmpw5.jpg
Just don't expect Graviton to be a shiny metal clay or something....

Edited by mailrocket
FranklinDeRoosevelt

Watched the next episode here in the UK, I think we're one episode behind you, right? Anyway, I quite liked the way Garret is actually the first deathlok, and he was malfunctioning today, and then he got the girl to inject something in him that revives him or something. I also think when Agent Ward ejected Simmons and Fitz from the plane when they put themselves into the chamber/room, he definitely regretted it. *Luke Skywalker voice*, There is still good in him. Not to mention the flashbacks he's been going through which is hinting at something. Plus the fact that he did slightly get off on a bump with Garret after having a talk with him saying he didn't like the way Garrett left him vulnerable and even planned to get rid of him using Deathlok from the last episode. Something tells me he might either become even more evil and get rid of Garrett or compete with him or he might "attempt" to redeem himself and join shield again.

Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt

Now here's a hopeful thought about both Agent Carter AND Agents Of SHIELD...

Both of them can use Baron Zemo.

In all honesty, Baron Zemo, alongside Dr. Doom are one of the best Marvel supervillains. And Zemo, unfortunately, has been definitely neglected.

Just hope they do him justice.

Aye, and the fact that Baron Zemo is either the father or his son, it would be nice for him to be a recurring villain in the past and in the present, more like a legacy villain for Agent's of SHIELD. It gives off the depth of these 2 series that they are all connected.

It'll be interesting to see where Hydra goes next season. Garrett's team seemed quite contained and isolated i.e. we never really heard mention of someone above Garrett pulling any strings. So it'll be interesting to see where Quinn and Flowers head. Other than Baron Strucker and Pierce, we haven't seen much of the rest of Hydra. Nor do we know whose in charge anymore. Strucker might be but he sounded like he wasn't by the way he was speaking at the end of CA:TWS.

(It's impossible to talk about this without those spoilers but I avoided anything more than I needed to get the point across).

And another thing to think about for the Daredevil show possibly.

A few fitting characters for his show would probably be (Beside Fisk and Bullseye and his routine villains/neutral characters) would be maybe Taskmaster or Punisher.

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Just watched the finale in the UK and it was amazing! Couldn't believe my eyes when Nick Fury made an appearance. Action packed episode. I just loved it when May beat the f*ck out of Ward, and f*cked his voice box up. And when another Koenig turned up, that was confusing and hilarious, I thought it was Eric somehow but it's actually his brother I think, or something?

But the ending was cryptic. The thing Coulson was doing on the board was the same thing Garret did. What does this mean?

It means you need to watch GOTG to know the answer, and since you're in UK and you get to watch it earlier. It's a win-win situation :)