1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Joey Or Toni? (who should take over the family?)

GtaIIIFanBoy

Joey Or Toni?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Joey Or Toni?

• Joey
    • Toni

GtaIIIFanBoy

who has more right to take over? i think its 50/50 toni has done alot more for the family but joey is sals son and actual family.

That is a tough one, I'm just going to put Joey because it would be weird for his father to die and someone else to take over the family, which is his lastname. Why would Joey Leone be answering to Toni Cipriani, head of the Leone family? Plus it doesn't look like Toni is having any problems being a capo.

It also depends on Joey's rank though? Is he the underboss?

Gummy 

I think Toni should be the new boss because he's done a lot more for the Leone's

If it's Joey, he could be the new boss, but he wouldn't last long.

• Like 1
ThunderSt0rm

Toni is way more smarter and more powerful than Joey but Joey is the Sal's son so he should take the throne of the mafia don.

MyDog

When a boss dies, either his son takes over or the high-ranking members vote for the new boss. Even if Joey took over, do you really think Toni would accept answering to him? Toni probably has more popularity and influence with other members than Joey. Toni would just kill him and take over.

WhistleBlower

I always assumed that Toni would take over and Joey would be okay with it.

• Like 2
GoldenBlade

Toni should take over. He's done way more for the family. He deserves to be the new boss.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Basically what everyone else was saying about Toni, definitely deserves this more than J

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
WATER DRAGON

More likely it's going to go to Joey even though Toni has done more for the Leone family. Mafia family's give the leader ship to the son of the don or some one the don is related to and or close to.

• 2 weeks later...
Arsen Vitiuk

Well, officially Joey Leone is going to become the head of the Leones. All odds are in his favor.

But that doesn't deny the possibility of Toni staging a coup-d'etat and taking over.

...The way I see it, at least.

• Like 1
Fisciletti

Joey, because he's a legitimate Leone.

I wish Toni was also a Leone (son of Salvatore).

Darth_Starkiller

Honestly, I believe Joey wouldn't accept beind the don and allow Toni to take it. Not only he doesn't seem fit for it, he also doens't seem like he wants. And if he did, most likely he'd die and be replaced by Toni soon or be kind of Toni's puppet.

I think they should share it, but if one then Toni. Joey seemed a little bit away from whole gang.

• 2 weeks later...
GTAKid667
I think they should share it, but if one then Toni. Joey seemed a little bit away from whole gang.

I never thought about having shared a joint position. I don't really know how it would work though.... confused.gif

• 6 years later...
Max.pain

toni without a doubt. we know joey’s sal’s son but it seems he isn’t into mafia business as much as toni.

• Like 1

I'd like to think Sal considered Toni his true son, he's done more for the family too, it would only make sense for Toni to lead the Leones now.

Toni isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would hope staying in LC with the Leones would provide him some more wisdom. He even questions Sal's decisions in the first cutscene of The Sicilian Gambit in LCS, so he could probably lead it well.

• Like 2
Jeansowaty

Joey. Toni is just a capo. Joey likely served as the underboss, that's why he didn't need to be too involved, his daddy took care of him all the time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe Joey should inherit leadership of the Mafia.  Although he really hated what Claude did to his father Salvatore, it's up to Joey to decide whether or not to call a truce on that.

Toni Cipriani could enter the field of broadcasting and become 10x richer than Donald Love ever did.  Cipriani could easily buy out several other major media outlets around the world, including Love Media, to call his new company Cipriani Worldwide Media.  If he did that, the first thing he would do is immediately terminate the man that runs the airwaves of Chatterbox 109!

Oh, and a new twist I came up with!  One of the best crossovers I can think of.  Out of all the Triads running their daily operations in Chinatown, the edge of the Red Light District, and other places abroad, there was never an actual leader of the Triads, but that could change easily!  After Wong Who from the Final Fight games got taken out constantly by Guy, Mike Haggar and Cody, Who would politely retire as a street brawler and a member of the Metro City's Mad Gear gang and move to Portland in Liberty City.  Wong Who would then go on to take the highest level of leadership of the Triads throughout Portland.  Capcom owns that character, though, and that's too bad.

• Like 1
universetwisters

Toni because Joey don't give a sh*t. Hell he wasn't even in LCS for god's sake lmao

• Like 2
Matsukine

I remember in the mission The Offer, Salvatore mentioned that Toni is like better than Joey for doing a lot for the gang.

In GTA 3, Joey seemed to don't give a damn about the mafia. I imagine after Sal's death, Joey finished fixing the BF Injection and moved out with Misty to another town and Toni succeeding Salvatore since he did a lot of work to benefit the Leone Family.

• Like 2
CrackYoPenis
On 6/1/2013 at 7:34 AM, Arsen Vitiuk said:

Well, officially Joey Leone is going to become the head of the Leones. All odds are in his favor.

But that doesn't deny the possibility of Toni staging a coup-d'etat and taking over.

...The way I see it, at least.

This seems likea good story idea !

Honestly I think that if Sal had it his way and he was transferring leadership - he would probably give it to Toni.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...