Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,794 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Kobalt__

Comic Books Discussion

Mista J

Just saw on comixology that DC has a few 101s for some characters. Should I read these? Would they still be relevant with the new reboots?

Grand Theft Savage

Discussing Manga/Japanese Comics

Anyone here read Naruto Manga? It's pretty popular. They come out every Wednesday, along with Bleach and I believe One Piece. I personally think Japanese comics are better that American comics. Japs pay so much attention to detail. I love it.

darthYENIK
Just saw on comixology that DC has a few 101s for some characters. Should I read these? Would they still be relevant with the new reboots?

That's a good question.

Just looked them up, and I think they cover the New 52 (the reboot).

Kobalt__
Discussing Manga/Japanese Comics

Anyone here read Naruto Manga? It's pretty popular. They come out every Wednesday, along with Bleach and I believe One Piece. I personally think Japanese comics are better that American comics. Japs pay so much attention to detail. I love it.

I've read a little bit of Naruto, but it wasnt really my cup o' tea. My favorites been Mobile Suit Gundam.

darthYENIK

Finally got out to the shop.

I got a bit of a haul...

Detective Comics #21

Green Arrow #21

Deadpool #10 (AKA "The Inferior Deadpool)

Since Man of Steel comes out next week, I picked up Action Comics (New 52) vol. 1.

And then I went to my other shop, which has a much larger collection of back issues, and got Wolverine #68 and 69. I've had Wolverine #67 for twenty years, and finally said, f*ck it, and picked up these issues...

user posted image

user posted image

EDIT: this week is going to be epic for me in terms of new books. Superman Unchained, Batman #21 (the beginning of the Zero Year arc), and then we've got Batgirl, Wolverine, and Deadpool. That's four of my favorite books and one that looks like it's destined to be a new favorite.

By the way, I have never read a Deadpool comic until Deadpool #10. It was so good, I can safely call it one of my favorites. Especially because it's a Spider-Man team up, and as we all know, right now Spider-Man isn't exactly in his right mind, if you get my drift. Like I said I have never really read a Deadpool comic, and it's fun to see him team up with Spidey-Ock and then take the piss out of him. I can only imagine the fun that they have when Peter Parker is in his right mind and hanging with Deadpool.

Can anyone suggest any other Spider-Man/Deadpool team up books?

Edited by darthYENIK

Kobalt__

Sorry for being inactive on here yall. Ive been working 40 hours/week and my funds are a little more limited so I havent been able to get any new books. Hopefully itll change.

darthYENIK

Okay, been a while. The last month or so has been pretty hectic in terms of comics. Marvel's been releasing a couple of my favorite books bi-monthly (Wolverine, Hawkeye, Deadpool and now "What If? AvX") so I've been pushing my self imposed $25 weekly single issue limit. Last week I got six books:

• Batman #22
  • Superman Unchained #2
  • Nightwing #22
  • Batgirl #22
  • Wolverine #6
  • Hawkeye #12

But this week I'm only getting three books:

• Batman and Catwoman #22
  • Deadpool #13
  • What If? AvX #2

What If? AvX is an interesting book. It's basically an alternate telling of the AvX story from last year, but obviously since it's based in an alternate universe they're going to kill more characters. The first issue was fun, except they never really explain why the story goes in a different way. Like in Back to the Future, Biff goes back and changes the timeline, which creates an alternate universe, there's no moment like that in this book. Things are just different. I'm okay with it, I'm willing to suspend disbelief as long as the story holds up.

CaptainBabyGravy

Some the comics I'm really enjoying at the moment;

Avenging Spiderman. (Before and after Superior era).

Superior Spiderman.

Thunderbolts.

Deadpool.

All New X-Men.

Uncanny Avengers.

darthYENIK

Highlight of Deadpool #13...

user posted image

Edited by darthYENIK

unc13bud

i think i started seeing naruto manga at mandarake back in 2002 maybe - it or one piece, can't remember. it has been entertaining, but it and bleach fall into that "wait for the television series to catch up/story filler" shtick that all of the successful stuff does. i ain't spending three hundred minutes to watch naruto chase a magical lizard

darthYENIK

Only got three books this week. Money's tight...

Hawkeye annual #1

Batman/Superman #2

And last week I saw this, and promised myself I'd get it this week...

X-Files Season 10 #2

DJ Arrt

I just picked up Spider-Men, and Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 27. I only read the latter, and I have to say, I love Miles Morales. I can't wait to see what happens to him during cataclysm/his 616 counter-part.

darthYENIK

I've never read Ultimate Spider-Man. I've heard good things about the early books, and some good stuff about Miles.

So he's coming to 616, eh? I don't read much Spidey. I want to but Spectacular Spider-Man, more specifically Spock, doesn't seem appealing to me. I've been waiting for Pete to come back.

DJ Arrt

I've never read Ultimate Spider-Man. I've heard good things about the early books, and some good stuff about Miles.

So he's coming to 616, eh? I don't read much Spidey. I want to but Spectacular Spider-Man, more specifically Spock, doesn't seem appealing to me. I've been waiting for Pete to come back.

I remember reading the early ones when I was a kid, it was a great series. Miles is also pretty neat.

I'm reading all the issues of Amazing Spider-Man in order, and I'm currently on issue 10, so I haven't looked at the new ones that much. I just hope that Miles has a chance to be "The" 616 Spidey for a bit before Peter comes back

darthYENIK

I'd probably pick up Amazing Spider-Man #701 or #1 or whatever they're gonna call it, if Miles is THE Spider-Man. I don't know, I just have spent my entire life hating Doc Ock, and I just can't accept him as "the friendly neighborhood" anything.

Otter

All Out War (Walking Dead) started out on a good foot, I thought. Anyone else dig that?

And finally/sadly, I'm on the last volume of 100 Bullets. What an awesome book it's been so far.

darthYENIK

I'm still trying to catch up on Walking Dead. But I am buying the single issues of All Out War, so I have them when I do catch up.

I got this cover for #115...

TheWalkingDead115VarB.jpg

It's the one that stood out the most.

Otter

I got one that wasn't part of the connecting issues, it was an exclusive to stores that did a special launch event. but the large image is pretty cool.

Finally finished 100 Bullets. Hot damn, that was an amazing series. So beautifully written and crafted. Wish I could read it all over again. I'm about to dive into Fatale next, but if you guys have any reccos for older, complete series... I'm all ears.

darthYENIK

The only way to get that special exclusive at my local comic store was to go to the midnight launch party, and buy all ten of the connecting covers. I'm not that interested in variant covers, especially if I have to buy 10 other issues to get the one I wanted, or pay $20.

My local comic store kind of sucks that way with jacking up the prices on variants, but they have an excellent selection, and the people are cool.

EDIT: Hawkeye #13 had an email I wrote printed in it! I can die happy now. I've been printed in a comic book letters section.

Edited by darthYENIK

Otter

So I just read last weeks issue of Walking Dead and.... holy sh*t. Spoilers, obviously:

Rick being gutshot with the "infected" arrow... do you think they'd kill him? Dwight's motives seem unclear enough that I can see it going either way.

That said, we haven't seen this technique actually work; which is why I think we saw two characters get it good. If that one dude turns, then Rick looks more like a gone'r...

Havin' a Lucille moment here again.

darthYENIK

Just read the latest issue and I'm a little shell shocked. Might need to go revive the Comics discussion thread in genchat.

I say it's cool to talk about it in this topic, as long as we clearly mark it as a book spoiler as to not confuse people who might think it's a show spoiler.

That said... (BOOK SPOILER, do not read the following if you haven't read the Walking Dead issue #123):

No way Dwight is using those tainted crossbow bolts. But if so if, and they're truly killing Rick off, I say bravo. There's something ballsy, and exciting about killing off the main character (or perceived main character). Like Boardwalk Empire or Game of Thrones.

Finite

I think that the most recent issue of TWD's just going down the jump scare route, there's just no way that Dwight tainted his crossbow bolts, he even corrects Negan's speech when he first mentions the idea of it, and even if he did, are we really certain that the innards of the zombies actually infect you? I'm pretty sure it's just the saliva because IIRC, the Hunters ate walkers at one point themselves.

Otter

Walking Dead 123

Don't think the Hunters ever ate walkers. They were talking about cutting out their own tongues and stuff after munching on Dale.... I'm betting that Dwight fired a blank.

I hope. I think it'd be ballsy to kill Rick but it'd also kill any interest the book still holds for me.

I also picked up Saga Vol 3 yesterday. Tres excite!

Otter

Bermp.

Kick-Ass 3 Issue 6

I'm sure Mindy'll figure a way out of her current predicament. Hopefully. You never know with this book - they're liable to have the Motherf*cker rape her. :( It's going to be a hell of a final issue...

Manhattan Projects

If you haven't been reading this series for whatever reason... DO IT. It's all kinds of awesome. The artwork is an incredible throwback style to old Heavy Metal days, and the color design is incredible. The story... is f*cking delightfully bonkers. Current issue spoiler:

That can't be the end of Oppenheimer... could it?

darthYENIK

Walking Dead #124 came out.

Don't know for sure what's happening, but apparently Rick has a fever. Not a good sign. Carl got to be a little bit of a badass, as well.

Otter

Walking Dead #124 came out.

Don't know for sure what's happening, but apparently Rick has a fever. Not a good sign. Carl got to be a little bit of a badass, as well.

Hmmm....

Seems like my suspicions are confirmed... at least to me. Ha. Rick seems OK (he doesn't have a fever, that was the dude who brought him in) but they're likely going to assume he was infected as well, because melodrama. But were I to guess, Dwight didn't infect his bolts. Or at least the one the stuck Rick. I friggin' loved the headlight ambush (well, both of them!) but for God's sake, Negan has a superhuman ability to avoid bullets. It's almost laughable at this point - they had him dead to rights. Always funny to see another weird TV show tie in, too - Eugene the navigator.

Really insane to see that the tactic actually works, though. Can't wait to see how this wraps up!

darthYENIK

Really? I'll have to read it again. I thought for certain that...

Rick said he had a fever.

Otter

It's that Nicholas dude, the one who carried him into the house....

Frank Brown

Alright, I've never read a comic before. Any recommendations?

Otter

Y: The Last Man. A disease kills all the men in the world, save for one. A crack team of women gather to protect him and solve the problem.

The Watchmen. In a dystopian alternate reality, superheroes are a thing, onlt they're regular people with regular problems. Well, except for one dude who was caught in a partical accelator and has godlike powers. There is a conspiracy to destroy the world, electric cars, a comic about pirates within the comic, and some damned fine writing.

100 Bullets. A game of revenge, a cartel from the old world and their estranged order of enforcers.

Dddddddddive in!