2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Possible upcoming TV ad

inflamedeyeball

Given that this is getting a lot of attention on other gaming websites (and subsequent topics on GTA Forums), we've decided to re-open this original topic, as well as publishing this article on GTAV.net:

http://www.gtav.net/news/4514/this-is-not-...ames-commercial

We reached out to multiple sources and confirmed with them that Rockstar Games or Take-Two has nothing to do with this production.

I see what you did there. So when the next trailer is coming out biggrin.gif?

So when the next trailer is coming out biggrin.gif?

Ask CVG. They seem to be pretending to have insider knowledge and access by giving arbitrary dates for when to expect new info ("in a few weeks") - all the while reporting inaccurate news, i.e. saying this ad was commissioned by Rockstar Games when it was not.

So when the next trailer is coming out biggrin.gif?

Ask CVG. They seem to be pretending to have insider knowledge and access by giving arbitrary dates for when to expect new info ("in a few weeks") - all the while reporting inaccurate news, i.e. saying this ad was commissioned by Rockstar Games when it was not.

Thanks for some info on your source and thanks for being the only person to agree with me on CVG, haha.

Until I see proof that it isn't for GTA V, I will believe it is for GTA V.

This is clearly a GTAForums/R* coverup.  wink.gif

If this turns out to be an actual Rockstar commercial, would make us look pretty darn silly and less trustworthy in the future, no?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if Rockstar airs a live action commercial then...

You also have to ask yourself, why produce a live action commercial (with plants and sh*t in Mexico), when you could just show the actual game? And I know Rockstar produced a live action opening and ad for GTA2 back in 1999, but that was a 2D game. It was pretty normal back then to produce these sort of things for promotional purposes (even though some publishers still produce these [OR even WORSE, CG trailers]).

Until I see proof that it isn't for GTA V, I will believe it is for GTA V.

Would R* seriously ruin their "GTA world" by having a poster for the game the ad is advertising, IN the ad?! Would anyone be "that" silly.... I don't wanna say "don't be that guy" because your name suggests you are....but srius! don't! tounge.gif

This is clearly a GTAForums/R* coverup.  wink.gif

If this turns out to be an actual Rockstar commercial, would make us look pretty darn silly and less trustworthy in the future, no?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if Rockstar airs a live action commercial then...

You also have to ask yourself, why produce a live action commercial (with plants and sh*t in Mexico), when you could just show the actual game? And I know Rockstar produced a live action opening and ad for GTA2 back in 1999, but that was a 2D game. It was pretty normal back then to produce these sort of things for promotional purposes (even though some publishers still produce these [OR even WORSE, CG trailers]).

I was joking, but since you mentioned it, it wouldn't make you look silly at all IMO. The goal is to be right every time, but many people/places get stuff wrong from time to time. It's just the nature of the industry. I can't expect you or anybody else to be 100% correct all the time.

Also live action trailers are much more popular than they were back when GTA IV released. I would definitely say they're making a comeback.

These are just the ones that come to mind...

Halo 4

Battlefield 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96VC6Py7ceA

Black Ops 2

Assassin's Creed 3

Prototype 2

Also live action trailers are much more popular than they were back when GTA IV released. I would definitely say they're making a comeback.

Unless I've walked into some parallel universe where EA acquired Rockstar Games back in 2008, this is not a Rockstar live action production.

Point being, just because it's popular in the industry, doesn't mean Rockstar would do it, too. When was the last time they had a booth at E3? 2006.

come on the guy looks exactly like ned luke/michael....look at the hairline

It's about as likely to air on the TV as the missing Nixon tapes.

It might not be produced by R*, but it could be for GTA V. Might be an ad for GameStop, best buy etc. for the inevitable Pre-Order 'Bonus' that lots of retailers have now.

GameStop has been doing ad campaigns for their preorder bonus' for quite a while now.

Unless I've walked into some parallel universe where EA acquired Rockstar Games back in 2008, this is not a Rockstar live action production.

Probably not, but my point is still valid about live action trailers in general. Who knows what R* has planned? I'm done trying to figure them out.

I guess some people are completely missing the obvious The Last Of Us reference next to the GTA sign/flag.

I guess some people are completely missing the obvious The Last Of Us reference next to the GTA sign/flag.

What reference? dontgetit.gif

It might not be produced by R*, but it could be for GTA V. Might be an ad for GameStop, best buy etc. for the inevitable Pre-Order 'Bonus' that lots of retailers have now.

GameStop has been doing ad campaigns for their preorder bonus' for quite a while now.

In order for anyone to air a commercial with the GTAV trademark, they'd need the permission from Take-Two I'm pretty sure.

Essentially this was just a cock-up by someone it seems. In a world where reputable news sources publishes inaccurate false news stories without doing their due diligence (like the GTA Rothbury story) - these things happen. sh*t happens.

In order for anyone to air a commercial with the GTAV trademark, they'd need the permission from Take-Two I'm pretty sure.

Which they don't have. So what's the point of this topic?

This is pretty much self-explanatory: http://www.gtav.net/news/4514/this-is-not-...ames-commercial

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

I guess I'm the only one who sees the reference.

user posted image

user posted image

I guess I'm the only one who sees the reference.

user posted image

user posted image

It is a commercial or something for: The Last of Us. As I'm pretty sure, bicycles don't grow on trees.

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

If it's Sony, it's a commercial which like the other ones they have show's off some main titles to be released soon. The Last of Us and GTA V being two of them.

Let's play a game, spot the other references.

Obviously they would, as would Sony if it were merely a Playstation commercial as you mentioned earlier. R* and Take-Two would have to have some knowledge of this if it does air on TV so they would know whether or not their game is represented in the correct manner. This small ad seems to have some kind of budget, not a huge one but it looks legitimately set up to be just faked for laughs.

TheIllaDopest

remember this

folllowed by this

so yea playstaion commercial about current/up coming games

I'm very skeptical of this. Aside from the V poster on the wall, nothing indicates that it has anything to do with GTA V. Plus, Rockstar has never done a real life commercial before. All their commercial's have just been gameplay footage.

Wrong gta 2 had live action advert look it u on youtube