2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Possible upcoming TV ad

inflamedeyeball

If the source is correct, this might hint at next gen confirmation. As they are less likely to put an Ad out for PS3 now when PS4 is announced.

This is a SONY commercial for PlayStation. It has nothing to do with Rockstar Games or GTAV.

Sony decided to place the V logo in their ad.

Sooo......

A new ad for the PS3?

The PS4 is coming out soon, and has no confirmed Rockstar titles.

This doesn't make that much sense to me, to be honest.

Yeah i thought the same thing. Why an ad for the ps3 now, and for what? Most of the big ps3 titles have already released and the ps4 is less than a year away.

First off, Playstation is a brand, whether its PS2, or PS4. A commercial reminding people of the titles that Sony has to offer is a great marketing asset.

Second, its the end of the console life cycle. ALOT of units are sold in this time because of price drops. Even though the units might not be dropping in price, people who cant afford a new PS4 will mostly settle for a PS3.

Third, what better way to get customers for the PS4 than to get them started on a PS3.

Lastly, if this is shot in mexico there is a chance that this is a LatAm ad, which usually has its own rules entirely as far as how they market their devices

ShnePmW.jpg?5

This is a SONY commercial for PlayStation. It has nothing to do with Rockstar Games or GTAV.

Sony decided to place the V logo in their ad.

Sooo......

A new ad for the PS3?

The PS4 is coming out soon, and has no confirmed Rockstar titles.

This doesn't make that much sense to me, to be honest.

Again, Rockstar had no involvement in the planning or production of the ad (or any other decisions for that matter, like using that poster).

So you know that R* isn't involved. How'd you know that? R* told you? Or you are R*? sneaky2.gif

inflamedeyeball

With no confirmed sources of this being a SONY ad I'm keeping this thread going.

Update:

2 New pics in my OP

GourangaMaster

Regardless of wether R* is involved or not it still makes no sense. If it is a sony ad for Last of us, why would a GTA V be in there and if it is general ad for ps3 including other games, what for? The only game left to release is last of us and the ps4 is not far off. Im not trying to insinuate anything but it is still odd to me.

inflamedeyeball

Update:

On this being a SONY add:

I asked one of the guys in the crew and they told me it was a GTA V ad, that's all I know :S

Update:

I asked one of the guys in the crew and they told me it was a GTA V ad, that's all I know :S

By no means am I speaking for Adriaan, but I would assume that he has confirmed with some source at rockstar that this is not a GTA V commercial. I dont know if you have been paying attention for the past 8 months but Adriaan obviously has substantial credibility in these matters.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Update:

Everyone can say the guy told him that.

This aint for GTAV

Why would they put a banner in a live action commercial???

Makes no sense at all, if they wanted to implement the logo it would be done digitally.

Biggie Deaf

Well, there is also a rumor (keyword) that after the confrence phone call on May 16th that there may be an announcement for a PS4/Xbox "720" port.

...but Adriaan isn't the person to steer us wrong...I think, lol.

GourangaMaster
Third, what better way to get customers for the PS4 than to get them started on a PS3.

Your other points seem valid but i disagree with this. Very few people are going to fork out money for old gen console and then purchase the next gen upon release.

If someone is buying a console that late in the life cycle they simply couldnt afford till then, didnt want to pay at the earlier higher price or have had another console.

Prolly doubtfull they would get a new system. In that regard they will also being getting all the games

on the cheap too. Its a pointless investment to get a ps3 for what a couple months then buy a ps4 and imo its a pretty idiotic endevour.

I still don't get why the V logo might be in the ad of Sony. Think it's photoshopped.

Damn it. R* would do it not that obvious most probably.

Update:

By no means am I speaking for Adriaan, but I would assume that he has confirmed with some source at rockstar that this is not a GTA V commercial. I dont know if you have been paying attention for the past 8 months but Adriaan obviously has substantial credibility in these matters.

True, but this still isn't the place to say stuff without backing it up. I have no real reason to take Adriaan's word over the poster from Reddit.

I'll just wait for a source. Hopefully Adriaan will post his? confused.gif

This aint for GTAV

Why would they put a banner in a live action commercial???

Makes no sense at all, if they wanted to implement the logo it would be done digitally.

Realism. Perhaps this advert is for a future a PS4 commercial featuring GTA V for the next gen. As real as it gets, GTA V also coming for the PS4!! biggrin.gifsuicidal.gif

Your other points seem valid but i disagree with this. Very few people are going to fork out money for old gen console and then purchase the next gen upon release.

If someone is buying a console that late in the life cycle they simply couldnt afford till then, didnt want to pay at the earlier higher price or have had another console.

Prolly doubtfull they would get a new system. In that regard they will also being getting all the games

on the cheap too. Its a pointless investment to get a ps3 for what a couple months then buy a ps4 and imo its a pretty idiotic endevour.

You obviously have no idea about brand loyalty. Yes, in the short term it seems counter productive, but long term it is in sonys interest. Someone who buys a ps3 today is much more likely to buy a ps4 in 4 years rather than never.

And btw, these arent my opinions, this is actual marketing objectives from Sony that I have read first hand

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Adriaan can you confirm your source please. No need to show, just give us something to confirm the credibility of what you said, otherwise it makes you no wiser or more knowledgable than people who constantly make wise crack threads every day.

Cheers.

inflamedeyeball

On Adriaan's comments:

They were pretty open to talk about what they were shooting, don't know where he gets that. At the end of the day i just posted this because i know GTA is big around here smile.gif thought you guys might like it.

Adriaan can you confirm your source please. No need to show, just give us something to confirm the credibility of what you said, otherwise it makes you no wiser or more knowledgable than people who constantly make wise crack threads every day.

Cheers.

Adriaan Information is as reliable as it gets here in the V section, as it always checks out.

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

Knowing Sonys history for advertisements, this fits in very well. They have made some terrible ads in the past, a recent example would be for God of War Ascension which had no gameplay at all, only live action footage.

I'm sure a lot of editing goes into ads like this so we probably wont see anything for a while at least. But this does excite me, as a PS3 owner, if Sony are making ads they may very well get some sort of exclusive content in the future.

Cheers.

Adriaan Information is as reliable as it gets here in the V section, as it always checks out.

I know, but then again it might be complete bull. There is no need to keep secrets, if you're going to be like that why bother stating anything in the first place. All I want is his source.

Cheers.

I know, but then again it might be complete bull. There is no need to keep secrets, if you're going to be like that why bother stating anything in the first place. All I want is his source.

That's wishful thinking. Just trust him. smile.gif

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

GourangaMaster
You obviously have no idea about brand loyalty. Yes, in the short term it seems counter productive, but long term it is in sonys interest. Someone who buys a ps3 today is much more likely to buy a ps4 in 4 years rather than never.

I know about brand royalty so drop the condescension. I dont need to read marketing objectives to know companies advertise in the interim to ensure sales in the future, thats just common sense.

I know about brand royalty so drop the condescension. I dont need to read marketing objectives to know companies advertise in the interim to ensure sales in the future, thats just common sense.

Im not being condescending. Im merely telling you the truth. I apologize if I came off that way. Of course people who buy a ps3 this late arent going to get a ps4 anytime soon. But they are much more likely to get a PS4 when they upgrade rather than a nextbox. Not to mention the current gen still have a year+ in its lifecycle.

One thing that leaves me to think there is a lack of credibility is the guy stating he watched certain affects through the monitors. First, I doubt they would let him that close whilst shooting. Second, the affects are done after shooting, not simultaneously

ShnePmW.jpg?5

It doesn't really matter where they film, they can easily CGI any scene/backdrop in after the fact.

omer19992010
I'm very skeptical of this. Aside from the V poster on the wall, nothing indicates that it has anything to do with GTA V. Plus, Rockstar has never done a real life commercial before. All their commercial's have just been gameplay footage.

They did one for GTA 2

CJ4LIFE1294

not been funny but its nearly may now they have got to start advertising the game now big time there no doubt we will see the first gameplay video soon

Cheers.

This.

Only a handful of members are willing to take some member's posts as fact. The same rules apply to everybody, including mods when it comes to information. I think it's better not to post if you have no way of backing it up, or just know most people will still be skeptical.

GTAaddict2012

Ah well at least was amusing reading this thread for a few minutes icon14.gif