2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Possible upcoming TV ad

inflamedeyeball

TakinThyBacon

I'm wondering if it is somehow related to Michael's back story in some way, the character in the photo with the car crash appears to be Micheal. Perhaps a "flashback" of his theft days or a heist gone bad in the form of a advertisement or teaser? (just speculating)

I don't know bout this one. The vibe is that of a natural disaster a la hurricane and looks more like Last of Us or something. But why the banner? Wasn't a banner found on the side of a building in Poland or something? Interesting nonetheless.

I'm wondering if it is somehow related to Michael's back story in some way, the character in the photo with the car crash appears to be Micheal. Perhaps a "flashback" of his theft days or a heist gone bad in the form of a advertisement or teaser? (just speculating)

You sir, are brilliant. This would be very plausible. Cause remember he struck an unconventional with the FIB, that's why he's living the high life now. Perhaps flashback.

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

None of us know for sure, but my money is on it not being GTA related, but the inclusion of the poster is product placement for GTAV.

Certainly won't be the first time images of things Rockstar related ended up in films or TV shows. From Rockstar NYC, Rockstar North posters - to San Andreas ads in the background.

As for the V poster, it isn't there In some of the photos. Also, that dude in the suit resembles Michael with the hair line.

Hmmm.

What if, we get a Mexican style island south of Los Santos?

It would explain the banner palm trees and the setting of the shoot?

inflamedeyeball
Hmmm.

I wouldn't expect Mexico to actually be in the game.

Shooting a commercial there is cheaper, the setting fits, and regulations for stuff like this are way less strict.

None of us know for sure, but my money is on it not being GTA related, but the inclusion of the poster is product placement for GTAV.

Certainly won't be the first time images of things Rockstar related ended up in films or TV shows. From Rockstar NYC, Rockstar North posters - to San Andreas ads in the background.

Here comes old man Adriaan to stomp out our dreams

user posted image

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Mr. Scratch

There were R* stickers in The Taking of Pelham 123 and Malcom in The Middle.

user posted image

Hmmm.

Yes, Mexico please! Cartel army and all that sh*t. It's all wishful thinking though confused.gif .

inflamedeyeball

Update:

On his friend's video (who filmed the rehearsal)

My friend is in school right now sad.gif As soon as he gets it uploaded i'll deliver. smile.gif

I'll add it as soon as it's up.

There were R* stickers in The Taking of Pelham 123 and Malcom in The Middle.

user posted image

Time to cook !

Haha that's before he started cooking meth biggrin.gif

I don't know if that guy is full of sh*t or what, but after reading some of the stuff he's saying on reddit, I'm starting to believe it might actually be real. He says this car isn't part of the ad...

user posted image

So maybe that poster isn't in the ad? He also said none of the cars used had any logos and apparently he was told by the staff that it was for GTA V.

A GTA V ad was shot during the weekend in front of my building. This are some photos I took.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

From this topic.

From the OP over there:

Brief description of the ad:

The guy in the suit of the last photo exits the totaled car while talking to the camera, as he makes his way out, the car explodes and he walks by the car under the trees while some other effects are set behind him (I managed to see these in a monitor) The shooting took place on Saturday April 20th and lasted until late Sunday.

The staff was very open about people walking by and taking pictures. Since the shooting blocked my garage door for quite some time, they offered me to sit in the... tent? where they keep the monitors and watch the end result, they even offered some coffee!

They were all very nice people, offered the neighbors apologies for all the noise during the night and gave the admins of the building some money for the trouble (around 450USD if my conversion is right, This was in México) so, overall it was a nice experience.

Another thing i noticed is that people thought they were shooting a movie, it wasn't until the GTA V banner was put that a few realized what they were looking at but for most people it didn't ring a bell.

One of my friends took a video during a rehearsal, I'll ask him to upload and i'll post later!

Update on the video:

My friend is in school right now sad.gif As soon as he gets it uploaded i'll deliver. smile.gif

On why he's sure why it's for an advertisement, and not for example something similar to the GTA 2 live action stuff:

I asked to the staff that was around.

On the subject of car brands:

Yea, the totaled car had no brands, the police car also didn't have any logos on it. There was also an old-Charger-like car that I didn't managed to get a picture of.

The chevy on the 3rd picture wasn't part of the ad, it was a guy trying to get his car into the garage.

This is Mexico...i live here....

Amazing!! On the last picture the guy on suit looks like Michael...

NICE!! biggrin.gifcool.gif

inflamedeyeball
I don't know if that guy is full of sh*t or what, but after reading some of the stuff he's saying on reddit, I'm starting to believe it might actually be real. He says this car isn't part of the ad...

*CUT HERE*

So maybe that poster isn't in the ad? He also said none of the cars used had any logos and apparently he was told by the staff that it was for GTA V.

Exactly right.

I checked the rest of his comments as well, and he's not using a troll account.

He seems like a regular guy.

If this isn't real it will seriously f*ck up his karma and credibility over there.

If we had to vote right now whether or not its for V I would say no. Just doesnt seem right.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Why would they shoot in Mexico, the location is visibly completely different. My guess is that it's a big retailer, making an advert similar to those CoD live action trailers. Using GTA V banner as a plug for one of the biggest games of the year. It's the perfect advert for a retailer. I'm all for the possibility of it being Rockstar, I just don't get why it would be filmed at a location visibly separated from Los Santos, with a character that looks nothing like any of the protagonists.

Is that wrecked car a Sentinel a.k.a BMW 1?

Yeah, it's a 1-series coupe...

Sentinel is based on a BMW 1 right? Michaels car.

Typically a 3-series, but could be a 1-series as well nowadays. GTA IV sentinel was a BMW E46 coupe style car.

e2a: the GTA V sentinel is an e93 M3 mostly... so not a 1-series. But, obviously he may have more than one car biggrin.gif especially if we're looking at the past.

I'm very skeptical of this. Aside from the V poster on the wall, nothing indicates that it has anything to do with GTA V. Plus, Rockstar has never done a real life commercial before. All their commercial's have just been gameplay footage.

Who's to say they are taking huge steps? Perhaps we should look at this as a bold new direction in advertisement. If GTA V is a big as it's going to be then promoting a game at this scale would be ideal, this folks could be legit. This is the last GTA of this gen so go out big and take over the world!!

I think GTA V will be heavily promoted.

IAmFairbrother

It's probably because los angelos is maybe a more obvious place to shoot and would get spotted so they thought to go to a less obvious place and reduce the risk of getting caught but they were wrong.

Biggie Deaf

Yeah, this car was in the trailer a couple times: A red one in which Micheal's son falls into during the boat chase scene, and a blue one seen driving in the trailer...

Hm, well, now we have two similarities: the Michael look a like and the "Sentinal" look a like.

GourangaMaster

I say it could very well be a real ad for GTA V. Now wether it is being produced by R* or a big retailer im not sure but im leaning towards the latter.