2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Possible upcoming TV ad

inflamedeyeball

None of us know for sure, but my money is on it not being GTA related, but the inclusion of the poster is product placement for GTAV.

That or we have parts of Mexico that we travel to in V and we just don't know it yet!

**edit*, Nice find either way though, thanks for uploading! smile.gif

IAmFairbrother

I think this will lead to a lot of people thinking that this is a hint to gta v stretching down to Mexico, Which is most likely not.

I don't understand why there is a forest growing out of a building, doesn't relate to anything we've heard about gta v and i can't think if it would.

Invasion of the plant monster?

"Say hello, to my little leaves!"

The police car looks like the ones seen in screenshots, that's what leads me to believe it's real. Everybody can make a GTA V banner like that.

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

inflamedeyeball

Update:

On the car brands:

Yea, the totaled car had no brands, the police car also didn't have any logos on it. There was also an old-Charger-like car that I didn't managed to get a picture of.

The chevy on the 3rd picture wasn't part of the ad, it was a guy trying to get his car into the garage.

I have a very hard time believing this. One, I doubt they would let anyone take pictures of the commercial so casually. There was a pitbull music video being shot by my house this past weekend and they were crazy about no pictures or video.

Second, it just doesnt feel right. Doesnt feel like something for GTA V. A dank dark alley way that looks like its in Newark??? IF they did a live action commercial I would expect it to be much brighter and vibrant representing that LA vibe

ShnePmW.jpg?5

0 anonymous users..... whatsthat.gif

1 Anonymous user. wink.gif

user posted image

Edited by Raavi

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

I think this will lead to a lot of people thinking that this is a hint to gta v stretching down to Mexico, Which is most likely not.

Agreed

inflamedeyeball
I have a very hard time believing this. One, I doubt they would let anyone take pictures of the commercial so casually. There was a pitbull music video being shot by my house this past weekend and they were crazy about no pictures or video.

Second, it just doesnt feel right. Doesnt feel like something for GTA V. A dank dark alley way that looks like its in Newark??? IF they did a live action commercial I would expect it to be much brighter and vibrant representing that LA vibe

They didn't seem overly protective of their mural.

We'll see.

AerialRocket
I don't understand why there is a forest growing out of a building, doesn't relate to anything we've heard about gta v and i can't think if it would.

Invasion of the plant monster?

"Say hello, to my little leaves!"

Not sure if it's being filmed in New york but if it is it could some kind of GRAND THEFT AUTO V is coming and ready to take over kind of look

The end result post production may be completely different remember that! The fact that it's a gritty scene, and there's tree out of nowhere, doesn't mean it won't end up looking like a hot summer scene with the leaves actually making sense, a lot of film and shows are done in a certain way which are planned ahead for the final production.

universetwisters

Wow. Just...just wow.

bcdownloads

Well I guess if it's fake then Rockstar would address the issue as they wouldn't want their fans misguided

I don't know what that is, but saying they never do live action stuff is just not true. Yeah, it was a long time ago, but it's something that's starting to get popular again. R* is a huge fan of film, so don't be surprised if they jump on this bandwagon and then blow everybody else away.

Also the cars can easily have their logos changed in post.

DeadlyHabits87

Well I guess if it's fake then Rockstar would address the issue as they wouldn't want their fans misguided

Nah, Rockstar just likes to let their fanbase speculate until insanity and troll them afterwards.

They didn't seem overly protective of their mural.

We'll see.

Well the mural was purposefully made to be seen as it progresses.

And as far as the anonymous members, I can tell you for certain they are no one of importance.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

What the hell is the thing on the right in the garage?!

(snap!)

Those are silver balloons.

The way I see this for some reason is that the car coming out of those trees in the first pic of this thread is the point where the car enters reality in the advert.

Thats to say that before the car emerges from those trees we are seeing gameplay and then the car goes through some trees in the gameplay (cue some graphic wizadry) and the car appears in real life...

Then a strap line like 'it couldn't seem more real' or some other marketing bullsh*t appears!

Having said all of that it sounds like it would be a crap ad so I doubt it's like that at all!

The way I see this for some reason is that the car coming out of those trees in the first pic of this thread is the point where the car enters reality in the advert.

Thats to say that before the car emerges from those trees we are seeing gameplay and then the car goes through some trees in the gameplay (cue some graphic wizadry) and the car appears in real life...

Then a strap line like 'it couldn't seem more real' or some other marketing bullsh*t appears!

Having said all of that it sounds like it would be a crap ad so I doubt it's like that at all!

thats a pretty good assessment

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Numerous GTA fansites are posting this as news. Will see if Rockstar Games releases a statment. Think not.

Those arent typical LA palm trees

That's been bugging me for awhile. If any of that is real, I'm starting to wonder if there's an island in GTA V or something.

ChillyPhilly
I'm very skeptical of this. Aside from the V poster on the wall, nothing indicates that it has anything to do with GTA V. Plus, Rockstar has never done a real life commercial before. All their commercial's have just been gameplay footage.

As am I, unless the banner is just a guide for onlookers, and that what is being filmed, is in fact not a commercial.

Remember the GTA 2 intro?

None of us know for sure, but my money is on it not being GTA related, but the inclusion of the poster is product placement for GTAV.

That's what I'm thinking, that it's overall unrelated to GTA V but Rockstar has paid for a GTA V logo to be in it for product placement. If it is for GTA V then it's weird that the V would be within the ad which would surely take place within the world of Los Santos.

There's no need for GTA to have a live-action advert or trailer. Unlike Skyrim and Call of Duty, GTA V has rich cinematic cutscenes. I'm pretty sure they'd use those to advertise the game, not an unrelated live-action video. But hey, we'll have to see.

i dont think the ingame cutscenes are good enough for a hd tv spot and since R* isnt doing render trailer there is a need for a live action tv spot

I really cant see this being a V ad. Just way out of character for rockstar. But boy do I hope Im wrong

ShnePmW.jpg?5