Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,229 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

bluetops

Vice City vs San Andreas

Vice City or San Andreas?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Vice City or San Andreas?

• Vice City
    • San Andreas

Dick Valor

IV tounge2.gif

Seriously though, SA was technically a better game with a larger scope and improved mechanics. It's soundtrack was probably even better than VC's, I hate to say. However, VC will always have Tommy Vercetti, Ocean Beach in neon, that amazing indoor mall with its creepy ambient sounds, and an overall vibe that is undeniable. SA was bigger and better, but it had less soul.

Ferocious Banger

Almost everything in Vice City, feels better than in San Andreas.

I can't express how much I love Vice City, seriously.

MVC and other well-known fans of Vice City,: Do any of you have a really unexplainable love for Vice City? Doesn't your spine tingle every time you listen to the "gwoong" sound when you pick up a weapon?

I just had a Vice City dream. My mind is full my memories at Prawn island, Ocean beach, etc , etc.

f*ck, this is the best game ever!

BabeRuth

Mulling Vote. Like both games.

Story Wise= VC

Gameplay/Features= SA.

Algonquin Assassin
Almost everything in Vice City, feels better than in San Andreas.

I can't express how much I love Vice City, seriously.

MVC and other well-known fans of Vice City,: Do any of you have a really unexplainable love for Vice City? Doesn't your spine tingle every time you listen to the "gwoong" sound when you pick up a weapon?

I just had a Vice City dream. My mind is full my memories at Prawn island, Ocean beach, etc , etc.

f*ck, this is the best game ever!

I guess one reason I get that tingly feeling in my spine is it's set in the year I was born and the soundtrack OMG!!!!!

Not only that, but VC just has so many cool details. I love how blood splashes on the screen after you hack someone with the chainsaw. It's "meh" in SA.

Plus VC still retains some of that old school GTA dna like the old health system aswell as rampages.

SA just doesn't feel the same although it is improved in alot of ways. I don't have the same love for early 90s West Coast as I do with 80s Miami.

I've always said that while I think GTA IV is the best GTA VC will always hold a place in my heart. inlove.gif

JG33

Vice City has a better story, atmosphere, and all that. The whole 80's thing is awesome.

San Andreas doesn't really have any atmosphere, I didn't feel like I was in 90's California.

Vice City is the bestest.

If you put both in front of me and said I could only play one for the rest of my life, I'd choose Vice City. I could listen to Emotion 98.3 or Espantoso all day.

ExtremoMania

I disagree, specialy the VC soundtrack  sucks.

Only a person like you will say VC has awful soundtrack. They have the most colorful soundtrack to date.

So I have one thing to say about you.

user posted image

Gummy 

I null voted, I liked both games equally

VC has a bright and colorful vibe, nice soundtrack and story

SA has a big map, nice soundtrack and a hugeload of features.

W1ddL3

San Andreas doesn't really have any atmosphere, I didn't feel like I was in 90's California.

I wouldn't say that. While it was nowhere as good or obvious as Vice City's 80's atmosphere, I still think R* did a decent job of recreating an early 90's California / Nevada, particularly L.A - even if it was a little gangsta heavy for my tastes. The clothing, cars, and such all looked right and many of the radio stations added to the feel, whether it was the acid house sounds of SFUR or the flannel shirt grunge rock of Radio X.

I remember cruising around Richman listening to CSR 103 and thinking it was just like something out of the Fresh Prince.

Eminence E.

Cant decide between these two GTA's. SA has a better gameplay and VC has more detailed textures...so I just nulled my vote. confused.gif

Algonquin Assassin

I agree with this. In the entire time I've owned SA it's never really felt like it's the 1990s West Coast.

It feels so "bland". VC captures its respective time so much better.

omer19992010

Vice City kills SA in just about every way. Better story, Gameplay and the most awesome soundtrack I have ever heard in a video game.

@MVC - High five? tounge.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I disagree, specialy the VC soundtrack sucks.

Vice city's soundtrack was amazing. But in my opinion I prefered San Andreas Soundtrack Since I'm more of a 90's hip hop Fan. Vice city's was still amazing.

MiamiViceCity do you hate San Andreas?

Edited by omer19992010

Algonquin Assassin

No I don't hate it. I just don't think it's all what it's cracked up to be.

cj2000
Vice City kills SA in just about every way. Better story, Gameplay and the most awesome soundtrack I have ever heard in a video game.

@MVC - High five? tounge.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I disagree, specialy the VC soundtrack sucks.

Vice city's soundtrack was amazing. But in my opinion I prefered San Andreas Soundtrack Since I'm more of a 90's hip hop Fan. Vice city's was still amazing.

No I don´t hate SA, it´s my favorite GTA game til now. I dont even hate VC, I only hate the musik from the 80s. SA soundtrack fits more my taste, I also like Hip-Hop, specialy the stuf they plaing on radio LS.

cj2000

Only a person like you will say VC has awful soundtrack. They have the most colorful soundtrack to date.

user posted image

Sory but I am realy thick of stupied kids like you, not everyone like this "colorful", or to be more precise gay, pop sh*t from the 80s. So if cant live knowing that not everybody like the same sh*t you like, than kill yourself I don´t care.

Algonquin Assassin

Gay, pop sh*t? lol. V Rock anyone? Taste in music is very subjective, but you don't need to tell someone to kill themselves because you don't agree with them.

I think most rap for lack of a better word is sh*t, but I don't care if people like it. Start developing a thicker skin rather than letting it to you by throwing around insults. wink.gif

Edited by Miamivicecity

PaddsterG2k3

Urgh some revisionism on here.

Before SA people on here were complaining left, right and centre about VC's map. The one thing you CANNOT praise VC is it its map - which, lets be honest, is bland, underpopulated and flat. SA improved upon that in every way. I think the years passing dilutes peoples perception of how the series has evolved. My opinion anyhow.

Well, nostaglia anyhow.

SA and IV have polarised the fanbase. SA brought many, many non-GTA fans to the serious who loved its shiny new toys and silliness. IV brought some of the more serious gamers to the series and both have placed each other at the end of the barometer. Some feel VC is in the middle which makes it "acceptable" to love VC.

Anyhow, pig headed opinions over tounge.gif - I can't decide. Its too hard.

For me SA was the perfect mix between III and VC that I dreamed of before it came out. VC captivated me for years and the story, soundtrack, and style just hooked me in.

Its a toughie - I'll have to think on this!

Alexrd

Ambience and story = Vice City

Gameplay, variety and replayability= San Andreas

My favourite = III

Algonquin Assassin
Before SA people on here were complaining left, right and centre about VC's map. The one thing you CANNOT praise VC is it its map - which, lets be honest, is bland, underpopulated and flat. SA improved upon that in every way. I think the years passing dilutes peoples perception of how the series has evolved. My opinion anyhow.

Isn't Miami (well Florida in general) naturally flat anyway? I still think walking around the streets of VC is better and more interesting than the streets of SA's cities.

I love watching peds fight cops. lol.gifbiggrin.gif

GtaIIIFanBoy

i would say VC Storyline wise but overall i think Sa has the edge III destroys both doe tounge.gif

hall90

Please lock This Topic. Because this is bullsh*t and it not going to get anywhere and to people who start these topics have nothing between the ears.

lucid121

user posted image

I also think vc soundtrack sucks.

GTA SA FTW!!!

lucid121

Top ps2 games

1.Grand theft auto san andreas

2.gran turi 3

3.gran turi 4

4.grand theft auto vice city

5.grand theft auto iii

So basically gta sa sh*ts on vc, even gran turismo....TWO of them infact.

cj2000
Gay, pop sh*t? lol. V Rock anyone? Taste in music is very subjective, but you don't need to tell someone to kill themselves because you don't agree with them.

I think most rap for lack of a better word is sh*t, but I don't care if people like it. Start developing a thicker skin rather than letting it to you by throwing around insults. wink.gif

Wait a minute, it wasn´t me who said "kill yourself", it was my opponent. I respect when people have other taste in musik than me and I expect the same from my opponents.

JG33

No I don´t hate SA, it´s my favorite GTA game til now. I dont even hate VC, I only hate the musik from the 80s. SA soundtrack fits more my taste, I also like Hip-Hop, specialy the stuf they plaing on radio LS.

I'm sure you do... Not being able to spell "music" and all...

Dingleman
Ambience and story = Vice City

Gameplay, variety and replayability= San Andreas

My favourite = III

With you 100%.

Master of San Andreas
Top ps2 games

2.gran turi 3

3.gran turi 4

5.grand theft auto iii

Hey, Why don't you try to learn English first before coming and arguing about video games?

MyDog

Vice City.

lucid121
Top ps2 games

2.gran turi 3

3.gran turi 4

5.grand theft auto iii

Hey, Why don't you try to learn English first before coming and arguing about video games?

Why do I need to learn english when I understand it?Anyway San andreas beats vc in many things, planes, bicycles, lowriders, big map, country side, more miissions, more cars, fun crazy missions, drive bys, food selection, over 80 interiors, better handeling, better physics etc.It even defeats vc in sales and gta vc gameplay sucks compared gta sa.Oh yeah and about the soundtracks, it is in the eye of the beholder.I liked how rockstar turned a street banger into multi millionaire.It shows how c.j grew up in his life and so that's why I love gta sa.Btw english is not my first language.

hall90

How can you compare san andreas to gran turismo games or you may have missed your rehab session.

Edited by hall90

GTASAddict

The way I see it, comparing the Grand Theft Auto series with the Grand Turismo series is like comparing the Donkey Kong series with the Sims series. If you want to discuss Grand Turismo, http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ is the place for that.