3. Site Suggestions

Indi

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Corndawg93
user posted image

This made my day haha! smile.gif

Ha, nice

Johan

I have my money ready to buy a PSN card next week, this game is looking freaking sweet. Might be the best PSN game I've played since Journey or The Walking Dead

Durden

Really looking forward to this, even though I have about 20 or so games that I really need to finish/platinum. I'm hoping one of my friends gets it, so I can file share it off their account. Anyone know the expected price of Blood Dragon?

Daz
Anyone know the expected price of Blood Dragon?

No idea as of yet, though I was under the asumption it would be 1200MSP.

But even if it is 1600 it is well worth it. So somewhere within the range of £8.75/$10 or possibly upwards. I can't see it ever being more than 1600 though. Minecraft was, but everyone still bought that, besides there will always be a trial to play even if you can't afford it.

I mean sh*t it is well worth paying full price for how awesome this game is.

Darth Yokel

I heard that it's $15 bucks. Don't know how much that is in MSP.

Master of San Andreas

user posted image

That reminds me of Halo:CE, That gun looks a hell lot like the Plasma pistol from Combat Evolved.

As for the price, It would be around 10$ like Daz said. For a XBLA and PSN game it won't be that expensive IMO.

Definitely giving this a check, But the graphics doesn't seem as good as FC 3 IMO, Nevertheless it still looks epic.

EDIT: @GTAVanja: It's about 1200 MSP, I think. Where did you hear that is 15 bucks?.

Voodoo

It doesn't look anything like a Halo: CE Plasma Pistol. It's based on the pistol from Robocop. There's even a shotgun based on the one Arnie uses in The Terminator. Also, it's not trying to be anything like FC3 graphics-wise. The neon glow and darkened palette create a really cool effect. Just grab the demo when it's out and you'll understand.

user posted image

E - Oh, and just for reference, 400 MSP = $5 USD. It's supposed to be 1200 MSP, so 15 bucks US.

Edited by Voodoo

Themanwiththeplan

On Steam you can pre-order it for £11 I think. Can't wait, this game looks so awesome.

Johan

Since Steam has it for 15$ it's same to assume it's the same price on PSN

CryptReaperDorian

Sooooooooo, what do you guys think about it?

Corndawg93

I need to get me a PSN card, I have no $$$

Durden

Much cheaper than I thought. I was very apprehensive about getting it as I assumed it'd be $30, but now I just might buy it considering its half of my previous assumed price.

Anybody know roughly how long it will keep you busy for? I don't wanna get it if it's only a few missions... I'm hoping for at least ~8. The rest of the time I will be playing with the new cyber animals & dragons happy.gif

Which reminds me. I still have to platinum FC3. Those damn co-op trophies... sneaky2.gif

CryptReaperDorian

I got the platinum trophy months ago. Far Cry 3's platinum trophy is pretty easy to get, and there's really no trophies that tend to f*ck you completely over like in most games (GTA IV is a good example of a game that f*cks you over).

kudoboi

just got the game for free fro AMD never settle reloaded biggrin.gif . if anybody have completed it, how long is the length of the storyline?

corvettelover
just got the game for free fro AMD never settle reloaded biggrin.gif . if anybody have completed it, how long is the length of the storyline?

Just came out today, so I'd guess no one has completed it yet, atleast with a legitimate copy.

I think the people who leaked it said it was ~8 hours long though, which seems great for a $15 game.

Moth
Just came out today, so I'd guess no one has completed it yet,

Well, I've just completed it. According to steam, I've played a total of 7 hours, maybe a little more. I did the entire story, and did all of the collecting and optional missions. I played the game on the medium setting, don't know if hard would be a little longer or not. So for 15 bucks, it was worth it, in my opinion. Plus I have the entire soundtrack, which is awesome.

So if you have any interest in this game, go buy it. We need more games like it.

Tycek

I've played the demo today and I must say this game is sweet. All these graphics filters, cheesy one-liners thrown by M Biehn, blue blood, soundtrack and even Robocop weapon (damn) turns this game into sweet piece of software. I was rolling on the floor during the training "Press A to show your ability to read." Game could be a bit longer: HLTB shows that game can be completed in 2,5 hours, which is quite small number and they could drop the Far Cry title in favor or the Blood Dragon.

I agree with The General though, we need more games like it.

Edited by Tycek

Voodoo

I don't know where these people are getting such short play times. If you are finishing this in less than 6-7 hours you are probably just assing through the main missions on easy using no stealth or planning and not bothering to explore or unlock any weapon attachments. That kind of thing is a total waste of time and money. I'm on my second playthrough currently and already knowing where everything is, I have just now finished all the garrisons, collectibles and side quests at 9:47 and I'm only at 4/7 missions. I'm not even f*cking around, either.

Anyway, regardless how you play, just buy the game. It's only 15 bucks, it's excellent and we need more like it. I bought two copies just to support it.

Tycek

If you're saying this game is that long (around 8 hours) then I'll get it without shadow of a doubt.

Voodoo

If you're saying this game is that long (around 8 hours) then I'll get it without shadow of a doubt.

It's more than long enough for a $15 arcade game. I'm now at around 10.5 hours after getting the dragon cheev and still have the last three missions to do.

Daz

Anyone who thinks this game is short "Is a f*cking idiot".

I have gotten at least 5 hours out of it and I have only done one mission other than the starting missions that you are forced to do to gain the open world.

I highly doubt any normal person, not doing some sort of stupid speedrun not using stealth could even get everything done in 8 hours, let alone including collectibles and achievements.

Besides, anyone bitching it is in any way short needs to have their balls removed, it is a 1200msp arcade game that has endless re-playability.

If people are making excuses not to buy it then just don't buy the f*cking thing.

Anyone that sees the videos or screens or even plays the trial can see it f*cking rules and would want to play it more.

People who don't, just go to a clinic and get a sex change and become a f*cking man.

A sh*tty COD storyline takes 6 hours and that is it, all singleplayer sh*t done and the game is worthless, and they are flogging those games for £5 over RRP pricing.

This will cost you the same amount as one of their sh*tty DLC packs.

Edited by Daz

Moth
If you are finishing this in less than 6-7 hours you are probably just assing through the main missions on easy using no stealth or planning and not bothering to explore or unlock any weapon attachments.

I did explore, i did unlock everything, and I played medium. The only thing I didn't do, is the stealth, cause I am not a stealth kinda guy. And I got around 7-8 hours out of it. And for 15 bucks, thats pretty good. We live in a time where 60 dollar games only have 4 -10 hour campaigns.

Tycek

@The General and Voodoo

Thanks for dispeling my doubts about playthrough lenght. I was afraid that this wonderful atmosphere will just dissapear after 3 or 4 hours, but in that case I'll get it for sure.

Darth Yokel

This game is awesome. I liberated all bases and unlocked all weapon attachments before I did the story missions. And the story missions are so much fun. And it's not short at all. It's a free roaming game like Far Cry 3 so you can basically play it until you get bored. I don't see myself getting bored of shooting cyborgs in the face with incendiary shotgun and a Robocop gun anytime soon.

Does anyone else think the story is actually better than that of Far Cry 3? Sure it's cheesy and intentionally badly written, but it's still better.

I also think that Ubisoft will wise up and make a western themed Far Cry. They already have Call of Juarez. All they have to do is make it like Far Cry 3.

Edited by GTAvanja

Voodoo

Does anyone else think the story is actually better than that of Far Cry 3? Sure it's cheesy and intentionally badly written, but it's still better.

Yeah, it's definitely better than whiny-ass Jason Brody and his fa**oty douchebag friends. The story was by far the worst part of FC3. Everything else was great.

Edit - OK, just finished the 360 version with all missions, extras and cheevs at 11:34:01. My first run on the PC version was a little over 14 hours. I wouldn't call it short at all.

Edited by Voodoo

Corndawg93

So finally got it and I think this game is da bomb, those damn dragons man, take a sh*t load of ammo to kill

Moth
So finally got it and I think this game is da bomb, those damn dragons man, take a sh*t load of ammo to kill

Upgrade your sniper rifle with explosive bullets, they really help killing them. Also great for killing boats and jeeps. Hell the sniper rifle is my favourite gun in the game.

Corndawg93

Upgrade your sniper rifle with explosive bullets, they really help killing them. Also great for killing boats and jeeps. Hell the sniper rifle is my favourite gun in the game.

My favourite guns the Minigun, anyway I just saw the strangest sex scene ever

Correction the killstar is my fave

Edited by billy james

mrpain

So there's no multiplayer at all right? Just some sweet as 80s nostalgia gameplay?

I've been thinking about picking this up, but sadly I don't really have the time to game or do anything fun really. Just wanna pop a question, is the map same as Far Cry 3 with a different skin or what?

Everything looks so laser-ish from what I've seen so far.

Corndawg93

I just finish the game, and all I have to say is this is Far Cry 3 on steroids, DLC of the year, I give it 9.8/10