4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Pizza Delivery Guy

Official Disco Topic

Funktipus

Femme Fatale

s-u-r-y-a

Produced and arranged by one of the giant names and legendary producers in the New York Disco scene of the mid-1970s and early 1980s, but not only. If you're a DJ, record collector, or just a music lover, you might have seen his name somewhere.

Sung by the great and powerful female soul and disco vocalist Jocelyn Brown.

Enjoy this lecture when you have some time because it's really worth it.

Femme Fatale

s-u-r-y-a

Wow you hit me with these two powerful Italo-disco classics. I love the two tracks but especially Eyes. The production is top notch.

I will keep the Italo-disco vibe with two favorite mid tempo tracks from the year 1983.

Neptune Homme

I was looking for something a little different this morning, came across this which was released as a 12" in 1982 along with a dub mix as a B-side. From the sounds of it, even this extended mix has elements of dub soul before treading a traditional disco route which is tenuous at best. There's a lot of accent to this record.

Mister Pinkerton

Wow you hit me with these two powerful Italo-disco classics. I love the two tracks but especially Eyes. The production is top notch.

Yup you posted Eyes on page 2 :p:D And Faces is one of my absolute favourites. Can't find anything on Clio and what she done after. I know she was just the singer and didn't produce I think the producer is Roberto Ferrante.

I'm going to deviate a little as it's not "pure" disco. This is a 1998 remix/re-release of Telex's 1979 classic. There's an 1985 version too. It's pretty timeless but I love this version. I haven't been able to find it for ages. I first seen it on someone's Myspace profile.. haha.

And something more "traditional" I just discovered today. Really nice tempo.. uplifting Disco..I'd say it was a dancefloor banger back in the day.

@Craig: Interesting find, I like it. Getting Cameo mixed with a little Gap band from it.

Edited by Mister Pink

Femme Fatale

Neptune Homme

I went back to basics with this after a couple of niché discoveries. If disco music had a bingo sheet, this would cross all the boxes.

Femme Fatale

s-u-r-y-a

Disco musique, you like it? Oui, oui, I do.

The first studio LP with 3 very yum yum late 70's models. Produced by Patrick Adams (mentioned a few posts above).

mdIyISE.jpg

This is the second LP also produced by Mr. Adams but it's more soulful than the first one. This track is the hottest and best one of the LP. The bass especially the congas drive me crazy. It's alone worth it.

This one is kinda interesting. I would have expected something less funky and more pop oriented. It's not and I'm not disappointed. Congas :inlove:

Edited by AAR

Neptune Homme

Let's get long and weird together.

Mister Pinkerton

Haven't got a chance to listen to last few posts. Will tomorrow. Finally found the name of this track where the main riff always appears in mixes or somewhere. Not sure where I heard it before. Someone sent me mix by Cut Chemist and it was in there.. It's amazing..

EDIT: Think it was in a Poolside mix.

Edited by Mister Pink

Neptune Homme

I bloody love Cut Chemist. I remember discovering The Audience Is Listening back in college. It's a very nostalgic listen.

Anyway, disco. You can't get much more 80s than Giorgio Moroder. Every trope there is to be found in 80s pop and disco can be found here.

Femme Fatale

So many ex-boyfriends I can dedicate this song to lol.

Edited by Femme Fatale

s-u-r-y-a

A nice disco classic. Linda Lewis was such a sweet cutie pie. She could sing, write songs and play guitar.

Here's two songs sung by the late great Cuba Gooding Sr.

Another nice track by The Main Ingredient. This one is from their 1981 LP.

It features Cuba Gooding who was a member from 1971 to 1978.

Early 80's disco floorfiller. The French issue seems to be the only 12 inch single to portrait a naked woman on the cover. Oh la la.

Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale

s-u-r-y-a

Disco Banger of this Latin disco group from Hialeah, Florida.

Classic disco rap. Also heard in Vice City on Wildstyle Pirate Radio.

anus

f*cking love disco. Should've never died off..

SHE'S CRAZY BOUT HER DADDY

Femme Fatale

s-u-r-y-a

Two sweet classics from the year 1979. It was the year that disco was murdered in the US. In cold blood, thousands of disco records were destroyed and burned by haters who couldn't accept its worldwide success. Disco was still popular trough the 1980's, especially in Europe and UK. Many recording still had that disco and dance feeling and it was the post disco era and songs were loaded with electronic sounds using more synthesizers and the newest drum machines. The 80's were the synth years.

Enjoy those two sweet performances.

Femme Fatale

s-u-r-y-a

This disco song reached No.2 in U.K. charts and No.26 in the U.S. Hot Dance Charts in 1979.

Ellie Hope was a former member of Babe Ruth (British rock band formed in 1971 and disbanded in 1976, reformed in 2007) and Liquid Gold (pop/disco group
formed by Mrs Hope in 1977 in Brackley, Northamptonshire, U.K. and disbanded in 1984)

Seems to be her only solo release and I got lucky because it's my style of dance music from the post disco era. There's something special with the music made during 1982 till 1984. I guess it's the electronic instruments they used.

The Roaming Brougham

s-u-r-y-a

fm1Hq2x.jpg

Written, arranged, conducted and produced by Bernard Edwards (R.I.P.) and Nile Rodgers.

One of their lesser known songs but it's one of my favorite.

Edited by s-u-r-y-a

Neptune Homme

Leaving this here so Hamilton Bohannon can receive some recognition. Truly a disco great, and you can tell by how the thumbnail for the video is in such poor quality that it looks like a censored face on Crimewatch.

Noale

Rolling Stones.

Long outtake

The Roaming Brougham

Written, arranged, conducted and produced by Bernard Edwards (R.I.P.) and Nile Rodgers.

Can't go wrong with Bernard Edwards and Nile Rogers. Great musicians. Always loved those bells in "I Want Your Love." They're a wonderful addition to the song.

Here's one from A Taste Of Honey that I found recently, a sweet little number called "Do It Good."

s-u-r-y-a

These songs were sung by two Scottish singers. The first singer was fortunate enough to collaborate with the Purple Man (RIP) in the late 80's and the second singer had a huge one hit wonder in 1981.

Sheena Shirley Easton (née Orr; born 27 April 1959) is a Scottish singer, recording artist, stage and screen actress with dual British-American nationality. Easton first came into the public eye as the focus of an episode in the first British musical reality television program The Big Time: Pop Singer, which recorded her attempts to gain a record contract and her eventual signing with EMI Records. Easton went on to giant pop hits like “Modern Girl,” “9 to 5 (Morning Train)” and “For Your Eyes Only,” one of the best-ever James Bond themes. Before it was over, she earned the unique honor of being the first and only artist to score five consecutive hits on five different Billboard charts – including a country duet with Kenny Rogers on “We’ve Got Tonight.” In November 2016, Easton accepted the role of "Dorothy Brock" in the revival production of "42nd Street" which premiered on 20 March 2017 in London's West End Drury Lane.

Aneka (Mary Sandeman, born 20 November 1947 in Edinburgh, Scotland), is a respected traditional vocalist that sang with the Scottish Fiddle Orchestra, and taught herself to sing in Gaelic. In an attempt to achieve a pop hit, she recorded "Japanese Boy". Pretending she was Japanese, she promoted the record by wearing a kimono, a wig to further the illusion and changing her name by looking through the Edinburgh phone book. The record, combined with the stage act, was more of a novelty number, but it reached number 1 in the UK as well as topping most of the European charts during 1981. When the Aneka act had run its course, Sandeman returned to performing her Gaelic music and singing to Edinburgh Festival Fringe audiences.