2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

LCS 10-Year Anniversary

I just hope they get released so I can revive my LCS experiences without having to A) Buy another PS2 (this time NTSC or whatever) and a LCS copy to match it B) Order the copy from Europe and hope it actually arrives and it is working or C) Wait until I go to Spain and hope I can find a copy of a 10-years-old copy of a not-as-popular game for a long-forsaken platform (I mean we're already at PS4, ain't no store gonna have space for PS2 games, it ain't a really good business strategy unless your business is selling old games lol)

Idk about in Spain, but in USA, I had to order my brand new PS2 Slim from Amazon. They have everything, including those GTA's. I got LCS/VCS last April 2014 from Amazon and they were brand new, perfect condition, and NTSC. But still, you are PAL, why do you want NTSC?

Edited by GTAKid667

If it gets Android, it gets iOS. It's a given...They basically go hand in hand.

PC Version is far from reality, though. I doubt that will EVER happen. There is hope for a Mobile Release, but more than likely not PC.

But...The best thing to do is buy a brand new PS2 Slim and the LCS/VCS Copies off Amazon. It's not expensive. Plus, PS2 and Backward Compatible PS3's are the best Consoles ever to exist. It's worth every penny.

@Militia I want an NTSC PS2 because I live in an NTSC region and have no intentions of moving back soon, so getting games for my PAL PS2 is a pain in the sewer system. So my options are getting a new PS2, ordering games and hoping they arrive (I have bad experiences ordering stuff, plus it's expensive, specially for a job-less 14 YO, lol), or waiting until I visit to buy whatever, which would be hard since the games are old :(

Plus, PS2 and Backward Compatible PS3's are the best Consoles ever to exist. It's worth every penny.

Best in what sense? LCS runs rather terribly on the PS2 (no, my console isn't broken and neither is the disc; VCS plays a lot better) with tons of slowdowns that are sometimes game breaking. Some of the side missions I did where I had to drive bikes and do well were made a lot more difficult since the frame rate wasn't consistent. If the backwards compatible PS3 is using the old PS2 hardware with no help from PS3's hardware then there should be no difference in performance. I am almost certain the game runs badly because it was ported poorly. You may only notice how poorly it performs if you play GTA games on PC. The experience on PC is so much smoother even at 30 FPS. However, it is true to say that lat gen and PS2\Xbox classic era games have performance issues by dint of the fact that they are console games. Developers often sacrifice performance to improve as much as possible on graphics.

My actual gripe with the PS2 is the lack of triggers on the controller. Contrary to what I thought, the PS2 controller doesn't have any pressure sensitive buttons now, does it? Also, I dislike the joystick layout. I much prefer the way it is on the Xbox. On the classic and 360 I can drive a car, steer with the left stick, and control the camera with the right stick without having to let go of the accelerator. This is impossible on the PS2 since the button to accelerate is X which you can only really press with your right thumb that you would normally use to control the camera.

Best? In that the BC PS3 can play 11 GTA's, which is more than any other platform can play GTA's, even PC.

BC PS3 can play: GTA I, GTA II, GTA II, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.

PS2: I, II, III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS

When I said the best, I meant best in that it can play the most GTA's, which to me is awesome. I don't want all my GTA's scattered around on different platforms. I want them all in one place where I can play them ALL. The only one I can't play on my BC PS3 is CW, but I got it for iOS.

I am pretty sure the BC PS3 just emulates PS2 hardware. It doesn't have anything to do with the actual PS3 hardware running the game. It's just emulated PS2 hardware.

But geez....This is way off topic...If you want to further discuss it send me a PM. I got warned by Raavi the other day for this type of stuff.....Even if the post is helpful and answering your question it's still off topic.

It plays more games than PC... emulators notwithstandng xD Emulators are clumsy though. On PC you miss out on LCS, VCS, and CW. Maybe that´s why they're so underrated, cause you can't have the 1080p 60 FPS Full HD Graphics Ultra Smooth gameplay and blah blah blah experience

Edited by DragonpokeZ
  • 1 month later...

It plays more games than PC... emulators notwithstandng xD Emulators are clumsy though. On PC you miss out on LCS, VCS, and CW. Maybe that´s why they're so underrated, cause you can't have the 1080p 60 FPS Full HD Graphics Ultra Smooth gameplay and blah blah blah experience

1080p with fps in 2005

Let's play a game, let's bet on if LCS mobile/pc will get announced at the end of the year, the losing team would have to change their avatars into something embarrassing.

Edited by Gummy 

the losing team would have to change their avatars into something embarrassing.

Like to Trevor?

I doubt this will ever happen. One can hope, though. If it was released tomorrow for iOS/Android, I'd get it no doubt...

I believe in iOS and Android and Windows Phone and Store version, i hope for steam release tho (or better yet, boxed! like xbox 360 san andreas)

• Like 1

Which is sad because LCS is a great game, it's not a super mega awesome GTA but I still enjoy it roaming around and doing various stuff when I take my PSP out. :)

Man I would play the sh*t out of this game if it was on PC.

• Like 1

Like in some previous posts right here, I think a PC release of LCS is almost impossible (excluding a total conversion which is a mod), I see more probabilities for Android and iOS than PC. Sadly but true.

Yeah, I agree. If anything it will get an iOS/Android Release. Highly unlikely on PC. But meh, I don't really care since I can play it anytime I want since I own a BC PS3 as well as a PS2 Slim and I have the PS2 Disc. VCS included. It doesn't NEED any other release and I will still be playing it :p

I would like a PC release but it is more unlikely to happen, you can only hope for a Android/iOS release. If a PC release MIGHT happen, then I'm hoping it will come boxed and without requiring Steam to activate game, just like older games where you insert CD to install and play game, though it could use a CD check where the disc has to stay in drive to play game (just like GTA 3, VC and SA) but of course there can be steam release as well, I just want a boxed retail copy that doesn't require Steam to activate. :)

You know why we can beleive in PC release? 1st Windows Store version, 2nd R* know mobile ports are partly cripled so they didn't wanted to rerelease them on PC or R* just lazy

I feel like that if there is a PC release, it will be like SA mobile. It will come out for iOS, Android, and the Windows Store. It would practically be an app, which means that it would only work on 8/8.1/10.

• Like 1

Even if R* ever releases this title to Mobile/PC ports i just hope they keep it original and not make it shiny and plastic like they did with SA. That ruined the remasterd version with all those crappy details they added. Keeping it original is just 100% then to ruin a grate game by adding horrible shiny plastic-looking effects to it :bored:

Edited by GTA_The_Series
  • Like 3

You know why we can beleive in PC release? 1st Windows Store version, 2nd R* know mobile ports are partly cripled so they didn't wanted to rerelease them on PC or R* just lazy

But anyway the Windows Store versions (in this case SA) is a pure sh*tty port from mobile version, for PC probably a port from tablet version (for the high resolutions) just like in Xbox 360 'remastered edition'.

Even if R* ever releases this title to Mobile/PC ports i just hope they keep it original and not make it shiny and plastic like they did with SA. That ruined the remasterd version with all those crappy details they added. Keeping it original is just 100% then to ruin a grate game by adding horrible shiny plastic-looking effects to it :bored:

While I agree with some points here, I think that they should at least enhance graphics a bit and change the HUD into a 3/VC styled one, I predict the mobile version (if it will happen) will have new HUD. Notice how SA on mobile had NEW HUD, it was mostly based on the one from 3/VC but with health/armor bars from SA kept, I think they should do the same on LCS and VCS on Mobile/PC, though I would prefer if they change health/armor bars into numbers. :D

Edited by GTAGuy1995
  • Like 1

While I agree with some points here, I think that they should at least enhance graphics a bit and change the HUD into a 3/VC styled one, I predict the mobile version (if it will happen) will have new HUD. Notice how SA on mobile had NEW HUD, it was mostly based on the one from 3/VC but with health/armor bars from SA kept, I think they should do the same on LCS and VCS on Mobile/PC, though I would prefer if they change health/armor bars into numbers. :D Well yes the rest is fine yeah changing and making the HUD better and enhanced the graphics up a bit. But to still keep it original looking without the shiny affects. SA just didn't really need that effect to it. It was fine the way it was. And LCS doesn't need these effects either. About the HUD and tuning the grahics i totally agree with that.
  • Like 2

Yes thanks for agreeing with me! And yeah they shouldn't have changed the new versions too much, that's why I'm glad I still have my old DVD copy of SA (version 2.00) that I use to play, though I downgraded it to 1.0 to enable mod support.

Let's play a game, let's bet on if LCS mobile/pc will get announced at the end of the year, the losing team would have to change their avatars into something embarrassing.

I will do it, be sure of it xd