4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

LCS 10-Year Anniversary

• 2 weeks later...
Algonquin Assassin

Despite LCS being my least favourite GTA I would buy a 10th anniversary edition if it was available on PSN as a download to play on my PS3. Same with VCS.:)

Despite LCS being my least favourite GTA I would buy a 10th anniversary edition if it was available on PSN as a download to play on my PS3. Same with VCS. :)

Really? What didn't you like about it? :)

Algonquin Assassin

Despite LCS being my least favourite GTA I would buy a 10th anniversary edition if it was available on PSN as a download to play on my PS3. Same with VCS. :)

Even though I'm a huge fan of the mafia genre it just didn't do much for me. It felt a bit softer compared to GTA III, but I never finished it. I liked VCS more, but again I didn't finish it.

I still have my PS2 copies, but my PS2 is on its last legs. Maybe a new version might give me a new appreciation.

LCS isn't a terrible game. It's just the GTA I like the least.

Even though I'm a huge fan of the mafia genre it just didn't do much for me. It felt a bit softer compared to GTA III, but I never finished it. I liked VCS more, but again I didn't finish it.

I still have my PS2 copies, but my PS2 is on its last legs. Maybe a new version might give me a new appreciation.

LCS isn't a terrible game. It's just the GTA I like the least.

You rank it even worse than V? :O

Algonquin Assassin

Yeah, but I'm sure if I gave it another chance it would move up and push GTA V down.;)

Yeah, but I'm sure if I gave it another chance it would move up and push GTA V down. ;)

You should, even if it's not as good as III, it's still fun and different. :)

I kind of find the story a little simple compared to VCS and other GTA games but it's still enjoyable. I think the main focus of the game was it's gameplay & missions/side missions which are quite fun and different than other GTA's.

It's a simple GTA game, but good for what it is :p

Edited by Legomanarthur
  • Like 2

a ten 10 years anniversary edition for LCS would be nice , this game do need a remaster.

You should, even if it's not as good as III, it's still fun and different. :)

I kind of find the story a little simple compared to VCS and other GTA games but it's still enjoyable. I think the main focus of the game was it's gameplay & missions/side missions which are quit fun and different than other GTA's.

It's a simple GTA game, but good for what it is :p

Simple GTA game ftw.

I also find LCS very easy. Same for CTW. Simplicity never means bad. However, I like III more than LCS for the main gist of the Game. The main part of LCS I like is the obtainable Heavy Vehicles, basically, and the wide range of Special Vehicles found in the Game. Other than that, though, LCS isn't THAT amazing but it's definitely worth a playthrough or more. I did 6 playthroughs and I am burned out of LCS right now. If it was on iOS/Android, I'd check it out, though.

It's kinda what happened with III, VC, and SA. I thought after my current playthroughs on PS2 I did recently would be the last. But I did III, VC, and SA on Mobile for a different perspective and an even greater challenge. So if LCS and VCS comes to Mobile, I surely will buy them.

Edited by Militia

all gtas are easy. only sh*tty thing is gta v. you have to run for a f*cking 30 minutes in a epsilon costume in the desert. if you exit it, you have to redo it!!!!

all gtas are easy. only sh*tty thing is gta v. you have to run for a f*cking 30 minutes in a epsilon costume in the desert. if you exit it, you have to redo it!!!!

if you don't want to do it , simply don't do it.

This is offtopic btw.

Holy f*ck 10 years since LCS coming up. THAT makes me feel old. It does not feel that long ago that I was running over to EB with my $350 so I could buy my brand new PSP with Liberty City Stories to battle my friend on multiplayer.

• 3 weeks later...

If a Android/IOS edition comes out this year, what features do you think will be added/removed. Would you buy it? DISCUSS

I think just the same features R* do for every gta on the 10 anniversary. I hope to god they don't make it look like plastic as they did with the remasterd version of SA.

Oh and yes I would definitely buy it. It was a grate game in the series. I haven't played in a long time. I would like to see the return of Tony Cipriani. I hope it comes out to Andrion/Ios soon. War Drum studio is responsible for bring us the mobile ports of gta. So lets see.

Edited by GTA_The_Series

Rockstar must remove Yardie's hostility against Toni, we know he helped the gang, but after Munitions Dump, the Jamaicans hates you.

You're afraid of Pistols and Baseball Bats? Even if every pedestrian in the City has Baseball Bats and Pistols I would be fine with it. In fact, the first time I played LCS I was asking myself where is all the Gangs? They barely do anything in LCS whereas in III, they annihilate you with Sawn Off Shotguns (Leone's) and AK-47's (Colombians). I don't name the Triads or the Diablos as those gangs are weak as sh*t. Even the Yardie's in III are quite useless, too.

OT: I'd buy it if it was released on iOS/Android. I already have and completed to 100% III, VC, SA, and CW all for iOS. So I would easily get LCS and VCS if they are ever released. However, I have LCS and VCS for PS2 and I own a PS2 and a backward compatible PS3. So I can play LCS or VCS anytime I want and I already did 6 Save Files for LCS to 100% and 3 Save files for VCS to 100%. I did EVERYTHING I possibly could do and obtain in LCS and VCS.

It can go either way. I'd buy them if they are released, but if they aren't, I am not worrying since I have them already.

I think the controls would be as sh*tty as with any mobile port, LOL. But besides that, they might fix a few bugs, such as getting the 'Calm Before The Storm' Maverick (I mean you can't even save it, what'll be the point on not being able to ride it?). Or even better, they may place a chopper (Masimo Torini's, for example :p) somewhere accessible (such as Sal's mansion's backyard or something) after you beat the storyline/complete the game to 100%!

Controls are simple. In fact, maybe even easier than PS2 and I've been using the Playstation Controller for over a decade. Only a few months into Mobile Ports...

What is so special about the Maverick in Calm Before the Storm? It's not AP. The Game Scripts prove otherwise. It's only FP/EC and there already is a FP Maverick and a regular Maverick, both of which are obtainable.

The color IS special though. I don't need it to be CP, at most the only thing I'll need is a DP one to cruise around Liberty on the air

Well, the Crusher won't make it DP, either. If it could, I would of done it in my LCS Save File 2, where I obtained the Unique Maverick from False Idols. The FP Maverick is from The Passion of the Heist, but it's only obtainable on PSP and NOT PS2 cuz it needs to be destroyed and pushed back to a Garage to get it and since PS2 doesn't restore blown up wrecks, it's unobtainable. The ONLY obtainable Maverick on PS2 is from False Idols, whereas on PSP you can either get it from False Idols with a different method compared to PS2 or the one from Passion of the Heist which it also FP.

Have you flown a Maverick in LCS yet? They are fragile as sh*t. Probably since they aren't "supposed" to be obtained and flown. They are literally made of paper and mega fragile and also fly very fast compared to that of VC, SA, and VCS.

Comprehensive Proof isn't really a good term to use, since it interferes with Crash Proof/Collision Proof, or in other words Damage Proof/Dent Proof. A lot of people don't say DP and say CP for Crash Proof. The same reason why things aren't called Everything Proof (EP) cuz it interferes with Explosion Proof (EP).

EDIT: I also forgot...You can also get the Unique Maverick from Cash in Kazuki's Chips, but again, only on PSP.

Edited by Militia

Oh, I thought it could make it DP. Oh well. Speaking of, hopefully you can restore wrecks on Mobile, unlike PS2 LCS and all of VCS

In my LCS 100% Topic, if you ever read it, I make note of what can and can not be converted! :p Helicopters are a no-go. If you try, the game glitches out and freezes and gets f*cked up.

Yeah, if LCS/VCS ever get a Mobile release, I really hope they make the PSP Port instead of the PS2 Port. However, when it comes to VCS, the PS2 Port is better. On PSP, if you don't open and close ALL the Garages BEFORE AND AFTER a Mission as well as BEFORE saving, your Vehicles disappear 100% of the time. It's really bad, actually. But on PS2, they are flawless, for the most part. I never lost any Vehicles in VCS to date.

But yeah, it will be neat if LCS/VCS come to Mobile cuz then all my favorite GTA's will be on Mobile.

I think the two Stories games deserve a proper overhaul and a release more significant than just mobile. They are two games that definitely deserve to be as much loved as the main III Trilogy. Considering R* registered the ''City Stories'' trademark May last year, wouldn't doubt they plan a bigger thing than just copy pasting the PC games to iOS and Android, using XBOX assets and breaking more things.

(ignore my signature it's just a joke)

Edited by Mega

Yeah, if LCS/VCS ever get a Mobile release, I really hope they make the PSP Port instead of the PS2 Port. However, when it comes to VCS, the PS2 Port is better. On PSP, if you don't open and close ALL the Garages BEFORE AND AFTER a Mission as well as BEFORE saving, your Vehicles disappear 100% of the time. It's really bad, actually. But on PS2, they are flawless, for the most part. I never lost any Vehicles in VCS to date.

That's one thing I don't like about VCS. Worst Garages Ever. :/

@Militia I'll hope VCS gets a mixed port: PS2's garages and PSP's side missions. PS2 had lots of more side tasks to be completed than PSP

PS2's Side Missions are better. The more the better. Why would you want 5 less Rampages? 6 less Stunt Jumps? 5-6 less Side Missions? The PS2 VCS Version is the best one and the PSP LCS Version is the best, but I am not complaining as I already can obtain everything in LCS except 1 Vehicle in the WHOLE game, so I could careless that Vehicles don't register in Garages if they are blown up. I got everything in the game already the way it is...

Those Side Missions would be good if they weren't just CLONES of other missions and were actual exclusive and enjoyable missions. The Rampages and Stunt Jumps are cool though

Yeah, true. A lot of the added Side Missions are basically another Mission, with a different name, but you do pretty much the same thing, lol...

But yeah, I seriously hope LCS/VCS get ported to Mobile Devices. I'd do all my Save Files all over again but this time on Mobile for the ultimate difficult experience, lol...